View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 21:36 PM 

Player

A long time ago id thought it was silly that to properly bind to your deity, or however it worked, you had to go find their idol. For some, that was harder then others. Honestly, Amia is not so large an island that there would be so many varied idols and shrines i expect. Either way, what i'm looking for would be a room that has all the idols placed. In doing so deities that don't even have shrines, can still be accessed, while deities with hidden shrines can be found. Mind, this is something i thought of years ago and i cant remember the details of why.. i think to get your domains correct you have to go to the Idol itself? Either way, might be moot now.

More importantly, though, is the job system. I have a char i'm dusting off that is a merchant, has been for ages, in his own mind anyway, and yet i have to run all over trying to find the Merchant job teachers, so i can get a box to store various merchandising goods in? Would it not be better, if our characters could simply step into an OOC room and select their chosen professions? It is novel to go out and hunt down the trainer, but it seems kind of silly when a dwarven blacksmith, that has been doing metal work his whole life, isn't and cant actually be a blacksmith because he cant find the trainer.

Just something to consider, in the end, if people like to go out and hunt down the trainers, that's fine, the room is not to replace the trainers, but rather help people that already have these jobs in their story. So if you want to scour the server, or run around asking for directions, you still can!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 22:20 PM 

Player

I just got lost again, trying to get to the Witch Hunter 'again', and it was great fun lol And I'm currently in a search for two new ones, and that's fun too. I agree that some Instructors are in random, out of the way places, but finding them is entertaining.

I like the idea of an Idol Map Room, those can be torturous to find. haha And they're sort of necessary for certain classes.

kindlegem

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 22:31 PM 

Player

If you're a good speller and your character is certain about who their patron is you can use the diety field during character creation to functionally set your diety.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 22:57 PM 

Player

kindlegem wrote:
If you're a good speller and your character is certain about who their patron is you can use the diety field during character creation to functionally set your diety.

Yup.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 23:08 PM 

Player

kindlegem wrote:

Gorm Gulthyn isn't spelled right internally or at least uses a different spelling. I typed that exactly, it didn't take, and then I had to find a deity idol in game to fix it.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 23:52 PM 

Player

Well, i'm an idiot and all the merchants i was looking for are right where they should be, where i go often enough. Either way though, it would be nice for people to be able to set their stuff up without HAVING to make the trek, while should they choose to, they still can because the trainers are seeded threw out the server.

Now my new frustration is the limitation of the Merchant storage chests.. :(

kindlegem wrote:

I don't think it used to work that way, i could have swore you need to actually go TO the idol for something, but maybe it was changed in the last 7 years or so? :D

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

kindlegem

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 19 2017, 23:56 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
kindlegem wrote:

Gorm Gulthyn isn't spelled right internally or at least uses a different spelling. I typed that exactly, it didn't take, and then I had to find a deity idol in game to fix it.

It's spelt "Gorm Gulthym" internally. The deity system page in varia can be used to check the spelling the developers used.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 0:01 AM 

Player

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gorm_Gulthyn

Yeah I wiki'd it first.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 0:23 AM 

Player

Xenos wrote:
I don't think it used to work that way, i could have swore you need to actually go TO the idol for something, but maybe it was changed in the last 7 years or so? :D

Nope, it always worked and still does!

Xenos

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 0:31 AM 

Player

Fair enough, how about the trainer aspect of it, though?

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 3:46 AM 

Player

I remember when the Ostland War was going on and the only Idol of Tempus could not be accessed, a DM could set the deity for you.

And I also think it would be nice to have a maintenance area with all the trainers.

I've been asked a lot of times both IC and OOCly about where trainers could be found. And truth be told, at least sometime ago, some of them were real hard to find.

For some people it is not funny to walk every map trying to find it like you are playing a Single Player RPG and have to open all the fog of war of the map to find stuff.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Xenos

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 5:25 AM 

Player

Well the job system is to enhance RP. If you WANT to RP training, and thus finding a master and what not, more power to you! But if you char was raised as X, then why do you need to find some bum somewhere to learn what you already know?

Either way its not a huge deal, just a minor convenience item.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 14:42 PM 

DM

I'd be more of a champion for the cause of hunting down the trainers if it led to actual RP. Instead of literally "Run around like a maniac and BAM you're a Master at this job because of a two second convo with an NPC!"

The jobs enhance your RP, but there is no RP in hunting down these nameless NPCs that do nothing except spend two seconds giving you access to the jobs you want. That's not to say you can't RP while going to look for them, but what are you supposed to do if you're with someone?

"Ah! The elusive Beggar Instructor is here! Let me speak with him!" Five seconds later. "Thank you, Master! I shall beg like the best of them!"

While the other person goes, "...Wut."

xD

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 15:45 PM 

Player

Well I'd say the foor is open to all players to flesh out the RP around the various professions ICly. Get a master baker and write a baking encyclopedia or something if you want to. I think it's best left open for players to do this in character than for the DMs to have to flesh all of it out. That way it all happens more organically, which is how the RP around bards, RDD's, Palemasters, AA's, Shadowdancers and several other classes ended up as homebrewn lore. It all happened organically over time.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 16:41 PM 

Player

I think it would be neat if those with higher job ranks could give ranks to jobs for those with lower ranks or no ranks at all of the same profession if it fits into their job log.

Though that requires scripting I imagine and the work on scripting related stuff is the same as Half Life 3-release date?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]