View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Analog Kid
 
PostPosted: Mon, May 01 2017, 15:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: The Great White North Eh!!

Can the travel agency spawn point for Winya be moved maybe closer to the city it's taking us to? All other 'settlement' entry points take you pretty much directly into, or immediately outside the indicated spot, except Winya, which is on the opposite side of what amounts to a big circle. Maybe have the travel agency entry point be the same as the portal wand.

Also, can it be balanced with the Nec'perya travel agancy entry point, in which a UD drow couldn't use the Winya entry point, just like a surface character can't use the Nec'perya entry point. Fair is fair

_________________
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Beck: Hard working dwarf paladin.
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Mon, May 01 2017, 16:48 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

Proposed before and denied because most preferred it where it is.

Can re-debate though if the general opinion has changed.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 7:16 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

I personally like the current spawning point, because the home location would take you up to the gates anyway. At least this show a difference. Also the portal landing zone is up at the gates too.

As for the drow thingy, it would make sense if it was up at the gates, but in the current position, not so sure. There are two transit points, one to the Triumvir. Not sure about the cart service...theoretically that building should be still active because that is where the carts go to Wharftown from Kampo's and Kohlingen. So should be a relatively busy road. Historically the NPC guards didn't interfere as long as they remained on the road.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 7:46 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

i like the spawn point.

also if you're gonna change wiltun make it party-pvp instead of no-pvp.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 8:29 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

That could be done. That change from No-pvp was a rather radical change because of the PVP culture around that place. Might give a specific regulation on that though regarding the use of magic.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 8:32 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

im a functional illiterate and thought this said 'Wiltun' spawn point

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Analog Kid
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 14:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: The Great White North Eh!!

Lutra wrote:
As for the drow thingy, it would make sense if it was up at the gates, but in the current position, not so sure. There are two transit points, one to the Triumvir. Not sure about the cart service...theoretically that building should be still active because that is where the carts go to Wharftown from Kampo's and Kohlingen. So should be a relatively busy road. Historically the NPC guards didn't interfere as long as they remained on the road.


I dont' quite get where you're going with this. My point about the drow thingy was to not allow them to sue the Winya entry point in the Travel Agency at all. A surface character can't use the Nec'perya entry point....for what was proposed as 'rp reasons', and so I contend that a drow shouldn't be able to use the Winya entry point for the very same 'rp reasons'.

And the Winya entry from the travel agency is /so far away/ from Winya. It just seems totally ridiculously far away compared to any other settlement entry point. No other entry point spawns you literally on the /opposite/ side of the map from where it's indicating to take you.

_________________
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Beck: Hard working dwarf paladin.
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 15:24 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

Analog Kid wrote:
Lutra wrote:
As for the drow thingy, it would make sense if it was up at the gates, but in the current position, not so sure. There are two transit points, one to the Triumvir. Not sure about the cart service...theoretically that building should be still active because that is where the carts go to Wharftown from Kampo's and Kohlingen. So should be a relatively busy road. Historically the NPC guards didn't interfere as long as they remained on the road.


I dont' quite get where you're going with this. My point about the drow thingy was to not allow them to sue the Winya entry point in the Travel Agency at all. A surface character can't use the Nec'perya entry point....for what was proposed as 'rp reasons', and so I contend that a drow shouldn't be able to use the Winya entry point for the very same 'rp reasons'.

And the Winya entry from the travel agency is /so far away/ from Winya. It just seems totally ridiculously far away compared to any other settlement entry point. No other entry point spawns you literally on the /opposite/ side of the map from where it's indicating to take you.


NEC has been rectified. The racial leyline bans were a topic of much dispute, but NEC was at least freed.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Analog Kid
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 15:27 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: The Great White North Eh!!

It wasn't when I tried to take my moon elf there the day before the OP.

_________________
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Beck: Hard working dwarf paladin.
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.


 
      
Analog Kid
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 15:36 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: The Great White North Eh!!

So the travel agency entry is for L'Obsul, but that still is relevant to my OP. The racial limitation is senseless, and unfair. A UD drow can use the Winya entry in the travel agancy, which spawns said drow right in the middle of a warded elven area, with no contest. But a surface character can't spawn in L'Obsul. Period. Unless they've made their way there and gained the ley line IG. Beyond that, a surface character can't even walk to Nec'Perya ....afaik....because they can't use the lift system to get to the bottom of L'Obsul? Moreso, they can't navigate the tunnels, because the game programming says they'll get lost.

My arguement is for 'fair is fair'. No UD drow...even known surface drow can't just walk into the Nexus Falls area uncontested. I've been RPing in Winya and the Shrine long enough to have been part of MANY IC and OoC disputes regarding this. (I'm not directing this at any one person, btw....just stating point)

_________________
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Beck: Hard working dwarf paladin.
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 02 2017, 23:18 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

Winya is also 2 transitions away from Kampos.

It's a very short distance.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group