View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 6:46 AM 

Player

At current he spawns on top of a raised platform with ramps on his left and right.

This confuses AI. Enemies often flood his steps and wig out, not able to go down or up because they get stuck. Likewise, your own PC summons will often approach the 1 foot high ledge and stop, not able to attack the dwarf and since he isn't in melee. Often a combination of these happen, and with enemies choking up the only access route to him, he just spams his 'fuck you in the ass' aoe. Due to the terrain, it's also almost impossible for him to get off that little platform, and is actually impossible for some larger models to get up to him.

Suggestion; Change his platform to have an additional ramp in the front so he can actually get off the ramp and things can get up to him. Alternative, remove the ramp and replace it with a spooky alchemical/wizard desk you can just walk around.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 17:54 PM 

Player

Additionally, I would think it'd be great to get the portal back that the old (ilithid) dungeon had which brings you back to the caves (where the ghosts are).

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 18:10 PM 

Player

Yeah, so it doesn't just end?

Lastly, while I like the prisoners, it sucks you can't save them.

Either make it a dialog option (perhaps one that rewards XP!) to save them (so it isn't quest based so you can keep saving them) or take them out, so there isn't that akward moment where you have to ooc explain to people it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to save the captures.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 22:09 PM 

Tester

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Additionally, I would think it'd be great to get the portal back that the old (ilithid) dungeon had which brings you back to the caves (where the ghosts are).

It's a small thing, but I actually don't mind it not looping back. From a dungeon standpoint, I understand how and why we do this. It gets people through easier and quicker. But it also makes dungeons OoCly feel like a roller coaster ride, where you get off then hop back on. Sometimes fighting your way in and having to fight a few things on your way out is cool and makes IC sense, too. Also, you can always portal out with your wand, if you really don't want to go back out the way you came. But I do realize those who grind would prefer something to spit them back out at the entrance.

Quote:
Either make it a dialog option (perhaps one that rewards XP!) to save them (so it isn't quest based so you can keep saving them) or take them out, so there isn't that akward moment where you have to ooc explain to people it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to save the captures.

A dialogue option that gives a PC some XP and makes the prisoner disappear seems pretty simple. Perhaps also a... less nice option too, where you put the slaves out of their misery. Just to have sensible options for all dungeon-crawling folk.

Last edited by Dark Immolation on Thu, May 04 2017, 22:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 22:11 PM 

Player

It is not only to help "grind" but also because no easy way out encourages people to just run back and forth there and endlessly occupy a place without anyone being able to see if they finished a turn and another group may be next.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 22:19 PM 

Tester

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
It is not only to help "grind" but also because no easy way out encourages people to just run back and forth there and endlessly occupy a place without anyone being able to see if they finished a turn and another group may be next.

I get that, but it also gives rise to the weird idea of "you've already gone on the genocide-the-orcs coaster, it's our turn to ride!". It's a little bit muddier not have them, yes, but I personally prefer that muddiness is what I'm saying. With fewer people now, and generally more experienced players, I don't think people hogging hunting grounds is as much an issue when we first started to need that rule. I tend to meet more people partying in Brog, where there is no real flow-dynamic to the Ice Giant "dungeon," and it usually is no more than a tip of the hat and both parties continue on their way. No drama.

But like I said, it's preference. I'll understand if a portal gets added.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 23:17 PM 

Player

You can, however kill the female prostitute prisoner...whoops.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 24 2017, 11:56 AM 

Player

Actually if you hellball the duergar boss you become hostile to some of the npcs in that room which is funny as hell

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]