View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 19:34 PM 

Player

So, I've noticed this a few times, and had other people complain about the same... We just never got around to writing here. Is there any chance the chosen of gruumsh in Amia Frontier could be taken down a peg or two? Ever since the mage changes, he seems to have gotten more difficult... I'm not sure why, since he should be unaffected, but he was affected, in some way. Pretty sure of it. In particular, his fireball spell. For example, today, he hit me with 51 damage. This means, if he rolled high on everything, he could be ECL 9. But he hits around 40-50 pretty commonly. And at the level you do him, (25 xp per orc, which is level 5), a character who tries to do him will be killed in or two hits. And he has multiple casts, and hastes himself. The combination means even when expecting it, and trying to heal, he kills you. Ever since the mage changes, I don't think I've had a single character not die to him solo. And for being the boss of an area that gives so little xp, he seems a bit OP...

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 19:45 PM 

DM

Yep. We actually have a toned down version that went in already or at least should of went in already. Ill nudge around to make sure it is in.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 20:26 PM 

Tester

Related: I totally understand if it's completely IC, but does killing the "Chosen of Gruumsh" after your first quest of killing rats or delivering packages really make sense? Isn't he more likely a "Chieftain of Gruumsh" in name?

Just something that always nagged at me. If the orc is simply calling himself the Chosen of Gruumsh, cool. Otherwise, it seems like Gruumsh is out here making HD 10 Orcs his Chosen and having to replace them every other day. >_>

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 20:39 PM 

Player

More like, replace him every 10 minutes, in some cases, lol.

Seriously though, I always would have RP it as "he's a cleric of Gruumsh"... We'll he's not a cleric, but something like that. But sometimes, stuff doesn't make too much sense. Like why there are so many things to kill. Or why event mobs haven't driven out all the normal mobs by now.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 20:42 PM 

Player

The new version also renames him

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 20:46 PM 

DM

He's just a Champion now!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

HellOnTheSurface69

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 14 2017, 10:49 AM 

Player

Ran through on my paladin last night, he is still indeed Chosen of Gruumsh and uses pretty powerful spells for an area meant for lower levels.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 14 2017, 11:27 AM 

DM

Well, it might still need to be updated or finished, but it is going to be fixed.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]