View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Kronox

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 04 2017, 22:13 PM 

Player

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Blinding_speed

I like the idea of being able to give yourself Haste without a potion, but once a day for 10 rounds seems unfitting for an Epic Feat.

What if we were to make this on a Timer system, like the Dragon Breath mechanics are? Not so short that you can be constantly hasted, but maybe a third of the time? Even half the time? I think it's a really neat feat, it'd be nice if it wasn't useless.

Thoughts?

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 04 2017, 22:25 PM 

Player

We talked about this a bit a while back. The main problem is that in most cases, dex is better than strength already, so any useful change would make them even stronger.

On the other hand, I think your idea might be cool if you put less of a restriction, or completely remove the dex req. Maybe a con-based cooldown, about how often you can do that burst of speed, since con is also for endurance?

Maybe something like 4 or 5 minutes cooldown at 10 con, and a full con build might go down to 2 or 3 minutes cooldown? 2 minutes meaning you'd have it half the time...

The way it is now, there are potions that do 10 rounds of haste, making it completely useless, pretty much.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 06 2017, 10:06 AM 

Player

It was supposed to get changed to 1 round per CL with 3 uses per rest a while back but it never got changed because it'd require a Hak update iirc.

As it stands, it's about as useful as a cli lyre (for those with umd), and the big exception there is that you can have 50 cli lyres without burning a feat on it, and so I don't think buffing it would make dex more powerful compared to str. Most str builds (or just melee builds in general) tend to have at least 10 umd and run around with a whole hotbar worth of cli lyres or at least a few. If it does get changed to a timer or something else, I doubt it'd disturb that balance because you're burning an epic feat to avoid using cli lyres or haste(10) potions. (Essentially epic feat for cash saving)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]