View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 17 2018, 3:10 AM 

Tester

Trying to be less long-winded this time. But I still feel it would be a really good idea if we could get some non-hostile spawns in a few key locations in cities. It would add a lot of fun to revisiting known locations, describe areas through the people that live there, and exploring new places.

Can we try this? To my knowledge, the one issue was hostile creatures would occasionally spawn. I feel that can be debugged, however.

As a first and very tentative step, I think we could just make some random NPCs, make one spawn trigger somewhere, and see how it goes. No dialogue, no complicated interactions, only a baby step. And hey, if it doesn't add that much to the "atmosphere" we can stop there. But I'd certainly love to see it attempted, and as soon as I remember how, I'll see if I can export some NPC files and suggestions. Anyone else who'd enjoy seeing dynamic spawns in cities, feel free to join in.

Links to old stuff[1][2]

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 17 2018, 4:47 AM 

Tester

Examples:

Fey Lake Trader
.erf

Tri-Temple Scholar
.erf

Traveling Mystic
.erf

Cordorian Paper Lad
.erf

I'm not sure how our head and name randomizers work, but once you factor in that, I feel like we can get a lot of use out of a very few models. Making them specific settlements makes sense, but even if we don't, it's not hard to hard to explain it away as people traveling about. Though the odd Kholinger scholar lost in the Court of the Undying might meet with a few second looks.