View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 3:17 AM 

Player

I think lowering the Fee considerably would greatly improve Rp.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 3:21 AM 

Player

Or rate them on an actual property value system. Location, Coastal, Mountain area. Rich part of town versus the slums.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31 2018, 4:07 AM 

Tester

I'm not sure how feasible it is to have a "property value" involved in the areas. From what I understood, the gold more represents labor than actual land value. After all, the faction system is really a simplification of what you could already do before: go to a spot of unclaimed land, invest time and effort into it, and make it yours. The difference is you're not waiting on DMs to approve your efforts or Devs to put them in the module. All you need is the startup capital for goods and labor.

Now, what I see as very needed right now is reassessing the original buy-in amount. 5 Million gold was chosen because we wanted people to group up an invest in areas together. That's definitely something we want to strive for, but I'm wondering if 5 mil may be too cost prohibitive. I'm aware of a few players that had ideas for the areas, but can't find their way to get the gold.

Might I suggest we look at lowering the buy-in price, all around? I think halving it to 2.5 Million might be a good step. We want people to invest in these areas and take it rather seriously, but we still want them to actually use them in the end, too, after all.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 18:51 PM 

Player

I'll hijack this, because I finally did the math and am confused... So... A weekly package is 25k, 50k, and 100k, respectively. On a rental house.

Monthly (28 days) is 125k, 250k, and 500k...

Math doesn't seem to add up. Why am I paying the price for a full week, just to be able to not refresh the rental three times? I was always curious why the monthly seemed off, but well... It's weird. Isn't usually the package the cheaper one, because you're buying in bulk, and need all the gold at once.

Is there a reson why this behaves like the exact opposite?

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 19:29 PM 

Player

IIRC it is because monthly is a longer period of time and if you're inactive for half of that, then you lock others out from being able to have the house.
So get it for the whole month if you don't wanna have to extend it every week, or go for the cheaper weekly option but risk losing if you're inactive.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 19:32 PM 

Player

Alright. But I can keep the layout, right? I mean, I only did the whole thing once, but do I remember it correctly, that no matter how long I take, how many people have the house, I just need to re-rent it and then I have the same layout of furniture, right?

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 19:35 PM 

Tester

Along with Grave, I always guessed it was a convenience fee, to encourage people to be in game more if they're claiming a house. Believe it or not, there was a time when the housing system just started and demand outweighed supply. In many of the active settlements(Cordor, Wharftown, Kholingen), most of the few houses stayed bought up all the time.

So if you were logging on at least weekly, you could keep your claim on the house going at a cheaper rate. But if you're only going to log in irregularly, and sort of "sitting" on the house for a month, then that costs a little bit extra.

Your layout should be saved to your PC house token thingy. If you've saved a layout, that should be stored to your character, no matter where you buy your next house.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 19:40 PM 

Player

Ah, cool! Yeah, then I understand. I was just a bit confused... I guess I understand now.

And it keeping the layout is nice.

Thanks for the answers, you guys.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 07 2018, 19:44 PM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
Believe it or not, there was a time when the housing system just started and demand outweighed supply. In many of the active settlements(Cordor, Wharftown, Kholingen), most of the few houses stayed bought up all the time.

Shadowscape actually had a super high demand. All houses were rented all the time for ages.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 07 2018, 22:30 PM 

Tester

Oh, I remember. Someone bought Beldor's first mansion while I was away one time, and he spent triple the normal rent to get it back from the occupants. Then more houses were added and the tileset changed, and he ended up moving anyway.

But back to the original topic, can we get Mav or Pally to look at reducing the prices for faction rental? I've heard some very neat ideas from people for these areas, but the current price seems to be a stumbling block for many of them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]