View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 3:34 AM 

Player

We really need one of these.

P.S. Was wondering, don't know if it's possible, Scripting and such wise... but would it be possible to borrow coin from a loan shark NPC, and it you don't pay it back with in due time, Log on and within 24 hrs a Bounty Hunter crew is sent after you? In till you pay the debt off. lol Just thought that would be Hella cool. :)

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 6:36 AM 

Player

About the second idea, I was thinking about trying to make a character like that. Sadly, it requires some investment to start out, and even then, money tends to not be a problem for most. Still, if that character would always sit around places, like maybe the Djinn events and the Brog coin festival and stuff, it might be possible. But in general I feel like at least the second idea would be best to be done as PCs.

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 22 2018, 20:15 PM 

Player

Yeah this came out several times in the past:

- One is the loan as you all mentioned. I have seen the discussion several times. The problem is the that obtaining a realistic amount of loan that might risk such penalty would require at least several hundred thousand gold pieces due to our inflated gold system. Other servers with less inflation implemented something like that but there the penalty came with the gold desposit. Which brings us to the second issue.

-Second is the deposit which would be awesome but depositing things would basically reduce the only mechanical consequence of the death system, which is a capless gold penalty.

So doubt that we can make a mechanical system like that. Nothing says that a PC (as Robbi mentioned it) cannot take up that kind of mantle or that it can be an event.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2018, 1:07 AM 

Tester

I was just thinking that a PC bank seems like it would be rather easy, considering hunting is an unlimited influx of gold.

1. Hold PC money and promise a set interest rate on it.
2. Make sure that rate is low enough for you to outpace with hunting and Job gold.
3. ????
4. Profit

Well, maybe not profit, technically. But at least as long as people are letting you hold their gold, you have a larger amount than you normally would. Then you start offering loans at high rates of interest. That's where you make your money. Maybe even branch out into items and pawning. Someone gives you their epic gear to store at a low rate, you basically get free kits for a few gold a week. If that helps you hunt better, it's paying for itself.

The thing with the bounty hunters could be handled IC as well. Being an assassin with a legal basis for carrying out your work is pretty much the best deal you can get. Hey, these are the terms they agreed to, and I'm just doing my job. Seems like a decent loophole for getting away with murder, kidnapping or robbery repossession in a city.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]