View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:41 AM 

Player

Hi, All!

How about periodically, (say, once in a hour or so) spawn an appropriate (mini? area-level?) boss in random area (with TTL until reset or kill)?
Such as carnivorous rat or carrion crawler in crodor sewers, phase|sword|etc spider in spider areas, and so on. Imho, not a big problem for anyone, but an extra challenge and the reason to band together.
p.s. as side note, how about in random time to spawn server-level boss in random area once per reset? (a weak finder may extract payment from interested parties, too)

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:06 AM 

Player

Same reasons may be applied to (hidden?) treasure chests with guaranteed loot worth to search, in random areas. Trapped and locked as well.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 05 2018, 12:44 PM 

Player

There are random "mini-bosses" and random chests already. I agree there could have been something done with them to make them more interesting, somehow (the chests especially are pretty pointless, the named creatures however at least give a guaranteed drop...).

In the same vein of thoughts, there was a server I once played on that had two pretty nice things.

* They had a random cloud that would spawn very randomly in the wild, which would lead to a one of three random dungeon areas if you were to walk in its center. I recall these were quite rewarding item-wise, and thus sought after. Groups of adventurers were often seen hunting them, and there even was a "Thieves' Guild" system put in place by the players to send messages to people whenever one of those clouds was spotted somewhere, so that others may join.

* There also was an invisible merchant that would spawn in random locations. The guy would buy items for a tiny bit more than regular merchants, and he had a decent selection of items that were specific to him too. Same thing here, the Thief's Guild would collect letters / information from players who spotted the shadow merchant, and players would often pay for the information for a chance to meet the merchant.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 05 2018, 14:04 PM 

Player

We have some areas with 1% spawn triggers for minibosses.

Is this something people like and would like to see more of?

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:59 AM 

Player

Both random chests, forbidden treasure chests and named mob have a worthless loot, such as potions of barkskin or so. (moreover, locks and traps on chests do not give XPs! (sometimes, removed trap far more useful compared to chest content))
My point was: those random things should be really worth to seek (even for L30 playes). Something like (somewhat) out-of-level randart (for current zone).
btw, as example of such miniboss I may point at Chosen of Gruumsh for low-level areas. Also, goblin|kobold shaman is good for cordor sewers. Or may be they should be a stronger to give more challenge for the party of PCs of appropriate level (btw, may NPC be scaled up on-fly?)

About existing 1%-minibosses: they are subjects of 60XP limit, have limited TTL and 5% drop rate (of mostly worthless loot, I have to say). Imho, not worth for a trouble.

Following by Mushidoz, I may suggest also use prayers and other divination to obtain general direction to such (mini|mid|max|epic|server)-level bosses. As about clouds and merchant -- I would like to see them in Amia.

Darkness_Rising

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 30 2018, 19:15 PM 

Player

I think it be nice to see the creatures with names jump much higher in CR with next tier drop rate. Would be nice suprise to round a corner n fight possibly unexpected epic boss or something similar at lower level.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 30 2018, 21:39 PM 

Player

I'll see what thing we can do, it could possibly be a pilot system where we just add it to a few dungeons and see how feedback is.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]