View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:17 AM 

Player

Currently, storage space limited maximum to 50 items with 1000 - 10000 - 100000 - 1000000 GP increase per 10 slots.
I have a suggestion: remove limit of number of storage slots per PC (is it may be realized?). Instead, each slot must be purchased indiviually by Fib(n) GP. Or min(1,Fib(n)/2) GP, because even Fib(30) is already big enough for most (starting?) PCs.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:56 AM 

Player

But why do we need more moneysinks?

Revak

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:42 PM 

Player

Honestly, storage space should only go up by 5 slots per 100000gp to a cap of 100. That's my own personal opinion regarding it. Besides, money sinks aren't entirely needed these days as the worth of coin has just plummeted alongside the epic item market (been reflected ICly also in some events regarding the worth of Amian coin) so only a few vets have stockpiles of the coin.

Last edited by Revak on Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:43 PM 

Player

Why would we need/want any of this?

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 13:37 PM 

Player

It seems to me like one of those money sinks that are intended to hurt the rich players, but end up hurting the players that don't have much gold.

Also, I don't think increasing prices will hurt the characters that already has a lot of gold. This is because many of the characters are rich because their builds are able to solo many of the bosses and high-level areas, and also because they are willing to put in the effort for the grind itself. Increasing prices on storage space won't change that, it will just hurt the players that can't solo high-level areas, or earn gold in other ways efficiently.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that after the lootbin was reworked a while ago, it feels like the rewards for loot has dropped. The new items are useful, don't get me wrong, but they often have stats that don't offer much gold in return. Because of this I think low level characters may have a lot less gold than they used to. I am not sure if this is actually true, but I know that I used to be able to solo gnolls and end up with loot worth around 100-200k, now I end up earning around 50K - 75K doing the same run (On-kill gold not included).

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 14:41 PM 

Player

0. Sum_{1,n} Fib(i) do not grow exponentionally, just (relatively) fast (after all, it is not a factorial).
1. For Fib(n): 10 slots will cost only 88GP, 20 - 10945GP, and so on.
2. For k=0.58, Sum_{1,50} Fib(kn) = 1257265GP, compared with current 1111000GP (Shadowfiend, are your PCs so poor and not to able to handle extra 146265GP?).
3. (Shadowfiend) Spending stale money for storage space, imho, is one and only useful way to spend money IG.
p.s. and yes, I need storage space, and I have a stale money, lot of it.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 17:27 PM 

Player

Q't'ulu wrote:
0. Sum_{1,n} Fib(i) do not grow exponentionally, just (relatively) fast (after all, it is not a factorial).
2. For k=0.58, Sum_{1,50} Fib(kn) = 1257265GP, compared with current 1111000GP (Shadowfiend, are your PCs so poor and not to able to handle extra 146265GP?).
3. (Shadowfiend) Spending stale money for storage space, imho, is one and only useful way to spend money IG.

There is a rather vast amount of ways to spend money. We don't require a moneysink. there is auctions, rentable houses, faction areas, gear, etc

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 16 2018, 18:23 PM 

Player

This might be something cool to add to faction areas to make them more appealing.

EDIT: I mean the actual faction system like demonreach

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 17 2018, 14:34 PM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:
Q't'ulu wrote:

There is a rather vast amount of ways to spend money. We don't require a moneysink. there is auctions, rentable houses, faction areas, gear, etc

1. Why do you impose your opinion as opinion of everyone here? Atleast, I don't agree with you on this subject.
2. Apart of moneysinking, have you any objections?
3. Everyone know: pre-generated gear is junk (mostly), houses are worthless, auctions are for shopoholics and lazy cowards, etc. ;)

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 17 2018, 15:44 PM 

Player

I’m happy to file this as a low priority as our dev team have more pressing content to address

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Angelis96

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2018, 0:31 AM 

Player

Q't'ulu wrote:
Angelis96 wrote:
Q't'ulu wrote:

1. Why do you impose your opinion as opinion of everyone here? Atleast, I don't agree with you on this subject.
2. Apart of moneysinking, have you any objections?
3. Everyone know: pre-generated gear is junk (mostly), houses are worthless, auctions are for shopoholics and lazy cowards, etc. ;)

I didn't phrase it as everyone's opinion. I said "We don't require a moneysink" nowhere does that imply I am stating that is universal opinion. I am saying in my opinion THE SERVER does not need a moneysink as there is plenty things for that specific purpose.

as far as the rest of it I am not overly sure considering I think paying money for storage is not particularly needed. Specially with bags that reduce weight by 100% and toons that have over 2000k CW as well. But that's just me.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 19 2018, 15:37 PM 

Player

I would have loved having unlimited storage space being a Merchant Toon.

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2018, 5:56 AM 

Player

Impknightofireland wrote:
I would have loved having unlimited storage space being a Merchant Toon.

Very good! I have a somewhat another tweak proposal -- merchant job level acts as an modifier of cost of slot (because of "no power without responsibility").
For next slot cost : slot_cost = Fib (n * k), where n is current number of slots, and k=0.58 (almost same with current cost for all 50 slots).
With Impknightofireland in mind, it may be something like this : slot_cost = Fib (merchant_job_level < 1 ? n*k : sqrt (n*(5-merchant_job_level)))). This gives for slots total costs:
50, merch<1 : 1_257_265
50, merch=1 : 3_893
50, merch=2 : 1_776
100, merch=2 : 30_632
200, merch=3 : 194_445
300, merch=3 : 2_189_256
400, merch=3 : 15_791_050

Current total cost of 50 slots is 1_111_000 for everyone.

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2018, 13:27 PM 

Player

That would put an additional strain on our database...adding the faction coffers, item descriptions, character bio...etc etc etc. I am a no.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 21 2018, 7:40 AM 

Player

As the storage system is represented by a company specializing in long term storage of goods, it makes no sense for anyone with a particular job system job to gain access to more slots as it's another group that handles the storage and already have a storage infrastructure they created and use.

1 (inventory) page has a total of 60 slots
1 page can hold 15 bags of holding
1 bag of holding has 35 slots

With 15 bags of holding on one inventory page you gain 35*15-60 = 465 inventory slots
You have a total of 7 inventory pages. If you use say.. 5 of them for storage, that's a total of 465*5= 2325 inventory slots
comparatively without any bags of holding you have 420 inventory slots on all 7 pages total.

You can completely fill a bag of holding with:
3 armors(6 slot item), 1 shortsword(3 slot item), 3 helmets (4 slot item), 6 scroll stacks (1 slot item) and 1 stack of potions (2 slot item)
Or use any other combination of items. 1 inventory page of bags of holding filled with books (empty slots left blank, books are 2x2 slots) lets you hold a total of 90 books per inventory page with 6 1x1 slots and 1 1x5 slot free in each bag still.
In other words, if you manage to fill 5 inventory pages worth of bags of holding with loot or items, you might have a hoarding problem because it shouldn't be feasible unless you save an egregious amount of items that you'd struggle to get sold off if the server was constantly full, and scripting up a revamp of the storage system to allow such hoarding doesn't make much sense for use of server resources as our devs are already very busy adding in new or fixing old content.

I used to play a 6(boosted to 8 or 9 with gear) strength character who hoarded way too much for his own good, and pulled it off without using the storage system at all thanks to bags of holding. At one point he had 3 inventory pages full of bags of holding with +4 loot and epic loot and 1 more full of bags of holding with just clothes, various gear and potions/scrolls and a few bags of holdings with healing kits. They're only 1 lbs worth of weight for a crap ton of extra storage space and if you play a STR based build, you can get more inventory slots even cheaper by buying the 60% weight reduction boxes that are labeled for your convenience.

The original reason for the storage system was that we had an inventory limit on characters as logging in with a character with a crap ton of items can put a strain on the server when there's 60+ other players online, and allowing for storage fo some items away from the character itself was a way to help people cope with the limit. Since this isn't the case currently, the inventory limit on characters aren't currently enforced.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 21 2018, 10:34 AM 

Player

Its ridiculously expensive enough buying enough bags to fill up one inventory slot, let alone 5 or, gods forbid, all 7. Which I guess does make a good money sink, at least for those who can actually get to the gauntlet or abyss shop.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 21 2018, 10:58 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Its ridiculously expensive enough buying enough bags to fill up one inventory slot, let alone 5 or, gods forbid, all 7. Which I guess does make a good money sink, at least for those who can actually get to the gauntlet or abyss shop.

Or bought from the djinn like many may have when he was around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]