View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
MightNMagic

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:56 AM 

Player

Probably the epic feat most needing a buff, Blinding Speed frankly is terrible. I don't know how feasible it is (do we even have scripters at the moment?), but making this feat something akin to "+30% to normal movement speed and Haste 3/Day at Character Level" would be more reasonable.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 5:04 AM 

Player

I personally think that instead of Haste for 10 rounds, it should be Haste for rounds/level. So level 30 with Blinding speed would get Haste for 30 rounds.
10 rounds of Haste is too easy. There are several items that cast for that long, making the feat a waste of space.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 12:03 PM 

Player

You could also just make it on a cooldown timer.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:26 PM 

Player

I like Mushidoz idea.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 8:40 AM 

Player

IIRC there was a discussion on it a few years back where extending the duration to 1 round/CL & adding a cooldown timer were the general consensus to balance it, but it ran into problems on the implementation part, iirc it would require a hak rework or somesuch to fix or change it.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:10 PM 

Player

How about an untradable misc item DM spawned on characters that have the feat that gives them "Haste: unlimited / day" with a decent/appropriate level on the active spell? Not perfect, but it'd act the same and wouldn't require a hak.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:15 PM 

Player

Well, unlimited haste... It can be done with items, effectively, but unlimited haste is a bit powerful, since long-duration haste pretty much is the thing we want mages in a team for...

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 14:18 PM 

Player

Yeah wrote that very early in the morning, forgot you can give haste to others with that.. The point I was making was - is there a way to tie the effect on an item so that we can avoid having to make a hak? Or, make a new custum feat (like how the javelin throw feat was made without the need for a hak) that would simply give haste-self, but with unlimited uses.

I'm trying to find the simplest, most effective solution here :/ You can have infinite haste through potions, so if someone goes to the extend of getting that feat, I don't think having infinite activation of self-haste would be balance-changing (it'd just be a RP feat, with a nice add-on that it saves haste potions money)

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 15:00 PM 

Player

Well, there's that one lute thing from triumvir, haste (10) 1/day. It can be cast on others. I just feel like having anything unlimited cast would be a bit crazy, possibly. If it was unlimited haste(5) or maybe (10), yeah. I feel like going 30 rounds a day would be obscene, even on self-only buff. Or, open it up to all, not just dexers. Speed is a thing any character needs and has, if you're using swords.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 15:14 PM 

Player

Well while giving out items that have X/uses per day of haste 5 or 10 would help buff the thing, it would be difficult to keep track of it unless some sort of registry was made of people that have the feat and got the widget etc, unless it specifically checked for the feat somehow.. which would require scripting, and if scripting is to be done it might as well be done trying to fix the thing properly instead of providing a "patch" for it.

That said, the triumvir lutes are a good thing for people with UMD or the class requirements to grab as you can have a whole bag of them to get more than 30 rounds worth of self hastes, and since most builds that go for blinding speed should have the UMD to do that in the first place (and if not, use the mythal forge to remove everything BUT the haste from it to lower the UMD requirement), I don't think that a temporary fix is desperately needed until a proper replacement/rebalancing of the feat can be done.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2018, 16:35 PM 

Player

What I meant was there could be a new widget item that has a "new feat" on it, the same way as Javelin Throw was implemented (and didn't require a hak, I believe).

Would having a scripted widget that does exactly what blinding speed does (same script and effect) be hard to code? I mean, it'd be a copy paste of blinding speed, but instead of once per day, it'd have infinite use, or a cooldown timer like what's on Javelin Throw (I think it has a timer?) or flight widgets, but it'd be tied to an item instead of being a feat. Players could then request the widget if they have blinding speed as a feat, and the whole thing would be fixed without the use of a hak. I mean, blinding speed would still suck, but those with the feat would at least have a replacement... that sucked just as much, but at least wouldn't be limited to a number of uses!! :D

Again, maybe it is more complicated than I assume it is.

Point of the feat would be:

1- Not having to be a Conan the Barbarian with 10 000 lutes in your bag, stopping Midway to play a tune
2- No more need to buy haste potions

Angelis96

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2018, 14:21 PM 

Player

Currently Hrothmus and I are personally working on grasping the concept of Hakpak edits/updates. So something like this may be doable in the 'near' future. Though no idea when itd be physically implemented. As hak updates would at the very least be annual. As it requires every player to redownload all the hakpaks and reinstall them everytime. That being said a widget could easily be made for those with the feat with agreeable edits. With DMs permission of course.

Raif

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 25 2019, 0:55 AM 

Player

Sorry to necro but i didnt want to make a new thread

with EE incoming could this be revisited at some point?

I would suggest duration as 1 round per dex mod, +1 attack per round, cooldown (3 turns)

This would be an explosive burst of speed and damage for the duration.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]