View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 6:01 AM 

Player

I would love to see this happen. Perhaps coded into Morgans and Sons business, or a DM Banker. I don't know if Forgotten realms books ever touch on this. But i would assume there would be some sort of Bank or Money Lenders in any bustling city. Morgans holds Items, why not coin? Perhaps even letters of marks, Pc's can carry around, traded and can be cashed in.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 6:05 AM 

Player

This was raised a billion times before. While I personally like the idea, it would take away the only penalty we have on PC death.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 7:47 AM 

Player

Gold is infinitely attainable, so that already nullifies that penalty as well.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 8:09 AM 

Player

If the penalty is nullified, why bother then? No point having less gold, eh?

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 9:29 AM 

Player

Oh man gold would inflate even further if we got an actual gold bank.

Walk around with just a million gold or less, no fear about dying while you gather millions and millions into your bank account in Cordor and can only lose 100 000 or less.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 9:34 AM 

Player

You can do that already, if you just have a friend hold your gold for you.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 9:36 AM 

Player

I doubt 99% of the server even does that tbh.

Some pc holding onto your gold, well they better not go adventuring then where they might die and just rp in Bendir.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 13:59 PM 

Player

my 'personal' opinion is I don't really see why there needs to be penalties on death at all.

Especially when you can die just as easily from an old game bug or getting stuck or something like that as you can for an actual legit death if not moreso.

Also the fact the game is about 16 years old and the idea of a competitive market in-game by my view at this point doesn't exist. So punishing the people that save up large amounts for events and auctions and the like, whilst the numbers arent there for it to effect competition...

If anything lacking on such a penalty at this point in time would make for more competitive auctions.

It is an RP server not a PvE server afterall so the Roleplay should be considered before OOC penalties

So to me personally, a DM banker seems like a good balance between the current server size of a 16 year old game, the bugs that exist because the game is 16 years old and the penalties people -want-

This is my personal opinion however and not the opinion of the ADT.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 14 2018, 18:33 PM 

Player

Is there any way this will come to light? Or is it a hard no?

Anira

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 14 2018, 20:27 PM 

Player

I hope it's not a hard no.

Having a bank would increase my PC's chances of actually having gold when the Djinn Merchant shows up and being able to compete in PC auctions for items. As it sits right now, as much as our characters die, saving up gold is super hard. Restocking potions and what not just to be able to survive a fight is costly.

The Doctor

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 14 2018, 22:54 PM 

Player

If I had a choice of things I would like to see as far as in game economics go then I would like to see gems get some love. Lets face it guys and gals. Gold weighs alot. The game doesnt take that fact into account. One million gold weighs people down. Other games I have played have done various things to freshen the economics of funds. Some use bank notes, which is all fine and dandy. What I really liked from one place in particular was their use of gemstones as currency as well. If you had an excess of gold you would buy gemstones. With these gems you could trade with other players as each gem has a set price. Or, you could exchange your gems for the gold value.

You could also simply use more of D&D currency. One Platinum = Ten Gold. This wont take away from getting funds stripped from your PC upon death, but should add a bit of spice to the economic scene.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 14 2018, 23:05 PM 

Player

The Doctor wrote:
If I had a choice of things I would like to see as far as in game economics go then I would like to see gems get some love. . .

+1

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:00 AM 

Player

I'd love to see a banking system or any alternative over losing a substantial amount of gold (depending how much you hoard it) due to ;in the worst examples; a misclick, a disconnect and/or the invisible enemy bug (has happened to me a few times before with the epic bosses, wasn't happy). Whilst it was certainly a concern in the past when we had 60+ people on regularly the market's all but crashed in regards to gold since most people don't sell the endgame equipment but rather trade for it. Only times you really need it now are for restocking supplies, the occasional auction or when the djinn shows his face. For a lot of higher level characters, it's certainly the only reason worthwhile to stockpile gold. The gold sinks we do have such as faction chests, faction areas and rarely an event related cost whilst do serve their purposes can also be detrimental if you happened to lag out during combat or have a sudden internet outage. Alternatively, you could always cap the gold penalty after a certain amount accumulated. (e.g only lose 250,000 after you exceed 2,500,000).

The Doctor wrote:
If I had a choice of things I would like to see as far as in game economics go then I would like to see gems get some love.

I do like that idea and have emoted using trade gems and platinum coins when handing over millions before, but you would have to make sure the price remains static in regards to purchasing/selling.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 15 2018, 16:56 PM 

Player

The biggest issue with the whole gem concept is for one GP as a concept in NWN is hard-coded I am 85% sure.

Not to mention the fact that doesn't mean just changing GP to Gems and being done. Everything would have to rebalanced.

- player trade
- merchant stocks
- merchant scripts to accept gems as currency
- Economy systems that settlements tend to run off of.
- a Major overhaul of the job system.
- DCs would have to be altered to accommodate as well, as they give GP

Also not to mention the fact gems take up inventory slots. Which comes with a good nother set of issues.

Not that I don't love the idea. But, the amount of work that would have to go into such a concept just for IC flair, is a bit excessive.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 15 2018, 17:39 PM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:
the amount of work that would have to go into such a concept just for IC flair, is a bit excessive.

Not just an IC flair if it actually serves a purpose. Also, is that really lots of work though? You get a merchant that sells gems and this is how it works (example):

- NPC sells a stacking gem misc item (that can be counted as stolen) for 5000 a piece.
- Said gem can be sold (or traded if you decied to make the items stolen) to that same npc for 4500 a piece.

It is then up to the players to decide if they want to lose that percent of gold right off, or if they want to risk losing more if / when they die. Way I see it, the amount of work needed for that is minimal.

That being said, I personally don't see the appeal - my characters barely ever die, have little to nothing to do with gold (I've actually -worked- to make Saya poor, claiming gold's heavy) and it opens up the possibility of players using death as a teleport.

Revak

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2018, 16:33 PM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:
Green stuff

That's fair enough, I suppose. But still i'm all in favour of having a banking system for gold at least.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2018, 17:34 PM 

Player

Is it bad that I want a bank to be in so I can run a plot involving bankrobbing?

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2018, 17:41 PM 

Player

I've been wanting to make a bank PC for a while now... Play times are currently killing that prospect. :(

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2018, 17:52 PM 

Player

I’ll outright say it’s not a definite no to a banking system, just that:

1. We would have to assess the possibility of gold sinks as this will inflate hold
2. This would be a super investment of dev time for something meant to sting people who want to do things without risk.

So basically a lot of people like the idea but it’d be a long way off implementing.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2018, 18:29 PM 

Player

Gold banks on a server where you cannot loot gold from deaths in pvp server literally no purpose other than to circumvent the penalty of pvp death. It would mean infinite respawn beholder hunting.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 0:19 AM 

Player

Any thought or disscusion about implementing a Banking system on EE? :mrgreen:

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 0:59 AM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
Gold banks on a server where you cannot loot gold from deaths in pvp server literally no purpose other than to circumvent the penalty of pvp death. It would mean infinite respawn beholder hunting.

I only Epic Hunt Pirate. I buy trade and sell Epics from the folks who do extinsive Boss hunting. My Toon Milly is a lil over two years old, if you add in a few 3 month sabadicals and here and there taking a break she is probaly a full years time of hard core playing. But she has been shrewd and hustles when trading. I have a very low risk of dying hunting. Honestly, the Gold Death Penalty is a joke. You know, I know it. Folks with big bank will wait till server reset and wait for someone to rez them.

Honestly, who is going to keep Millions of gold upon themselves? I don't see why all the hate twords Hording gold. Milly as a Merchant, will sell Epics for gold, trade wares or even make deals. It fills a Niche. I think there's far to few PC Merchants around. Unfortunately most folks don't haggle and barter. They just take a face value gold price and never try and bring it down.

And Intill Dm's allow a Gold influence that can change or sway outcomes of a political matter or a ground breaking change to the landscape of Amia i find the aguement aganst a savings bank futlie. I understand the fear of old Toons with endless coin coming out of the wood works. But in two years Milly can fuax with some of them. But at the end of everything, realistically banks should exist. Plain and simple. Every weathy city nation in history tells us so.

P.S. lol I may have to make a Banker Toon.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 6:04 AM 

Player

The Gold penalty upon death is the only thing that matters when you die, if even that is gone, dying will have no consequence at all.

And I for one really dont like that. Fuck me, Id like even harder consequences for dying.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 10:31 AM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
The Gold penalty upon death is the only thing that matters when you die, if even that is gone, dying will have no consequence at all.

And I for one really dont like that. Fuck me, Id like even harder consequences for dying.

Hard Core Rules for dying. Take out Rez scrolls and make Clerics truly worth there salt. Make a body drop where you die so you can not be rezed in the beginning area. Upon death, if your revived by your God you lose all lvls, all gold and all items.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:39 AM 

Player

The Gold death penalty only harms wealthy Toons. I have a lvl 30 Druid who has under 50k. She can die left and right and the gold loss is a joke and doesn't mean shit. One loop of Minos and she can have 100k at her disposal. If were going to have a death penalty, make it devastating or don't have one at all.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 13:01 PM 

Player

Impknightofireland wrote:
The Gold death penalty only harms wealthy Toons. I have a lvl 30 Druid who has under 50k. She can die left and right and the gold loss is a joke and doesn't mean shit. One loop of Minos and she can have 100k at her disposal. If were going to have a death penalty, make it devastating or don't have one at all.

No.

I believe in middle ground, and 15% is exactly that. If you're broke to begin with, then sure, it won't matter too much - but if you're rich as fuck then those 15% hurt a lot.
And that is good.

And it's one of the only Gold-Sinks we have, that people can't just ignore. We actually need more Gold-Sinks, not something that makes Inflation even worse. Hell, I'd even be okay with Spell Components for High Level Spells, but that's not gonna happen - which I am not mad about either, I can see why that is not a perfect idea.

This gold hoarding isn't adding anything, it's just breaking stuff. Please don't make it impossible to lose gold at all. And I don't think adding in another gold-sink - no matter how good - is gonna replace the death penalty.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 15:19 PM 

Player

And it's one of the only Gold-Sinks we have, that people can't just ignore...

*Coughs*
Wait till reset, wait for someone to rez you in the beginning area and that 15% gold death penalty is circumvented. I've known folks that have done this over the years. I don't have to relay on this because I only hunt Mino's and only Boss hunt the Pirate. I can't even remember the last time I died its been so long.

It's sounds more like jeaulosy on your part that some Toons have huge amounts of gold. Don't worry, I was like that when i first came here nine years ago and heard about there not being a 25k cap limit on items sold back to merchants and that there were Toons walking around with 100's of Millions of gold coins. It seemed unfair and a daunting task to try and compete with them.

If you dedicate a weeks time hunting Mino's, have a lvl 30 Toon, and have high apprasial you can easily make 1-5 million depending on how much time you can invest. Getting gold is easy. Even a Caveman can do it. One reason i see why some folks have a problem making a lot of gold is because there constantly making 50 billion new Toons and don't stick to one or two.

As for having Ton's of gold, how do you see it breaking stuff? There's really not much you can do with gold on this server. Yeah you can buy Epics or out bid someone in a Auction. But those are far and few inbetween. As far as i know Dm's don't let gold sway or have much influence at all. So I really don't see what the fear is of those who are wealthy.

And before I'm painted a certian way, my main Toon I used to play before Milly donated 34 million in gold and a lot of Epics to her church fund. There really a'int shit you can do with gold.

P.S. The new Escape artist class sounds like you can negate any death penalty. I wonder if we will see a gang load of them runuing around on EE. LOL

Last edited by Impknightofireland on Sat, Jul 06 2019, 14:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 16:43 PM 

Player

If we want banks, then I want taxes on -every- -single- -item- sold in Cordor. After all, unlike banks, taxes are actually mentioned in the setting.

Cordor so far is basically just too dumb to actually apply sale taxes to... sales.

Magiros

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 20:15 PM 

Player

Personally am a no for this. You die, you pay. It is the risk you take.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 21:38 PM 

Player

Sooo tempted to roll a gnome and start a merchant bank... then die in some, random DM event never to be revived again! :twisted:

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 06 2019, 14:25 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
If we want banks, then I want taxes on -every- -single- -item- sold in Cordor. After all, unlike banks, taxes are actually mentioned in the setting.

Cordor so far is basically just too dumb to actually apply sale taxes to... sales.

I like the Idea of more tarrifs. Perhaps a coin fee when enerting a city throu gates. But Leynodes can nullify that. We get taxed for cart rides and boat travel. Maybe even be taxed when passing by a Road Warden. But all this would add up to nickels and dimes and not really make any dent in Big bank Toons. In the end it will only harm broke new Toons.

Last edited by Impknightofireland on Sat, Jul 06 2019, 14:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 06 2019, 14:29 PM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
Sooo tempted to roll a gnome and start a merchant bank... then die in some, random DM event never to be revived again! :twisted:

LMFAO!!!

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 06 2019, 15:12 PM 

Player

If there was a self running Bank implemented, I think it would be dope for Loans to be made out to Pc's depending on Toon lvl and debt collectors to come after you if your behind on payments. Way back, there was a Server I tried out, can't remember the name, but if you had your weapon out in public they had NPC guards confront you, and if you didn't put your weapon away they whooped you up and threw you in a slammer. You could make NPC Debt collectors come after your Toon and throw you up in jail and spend a week there if you don't pay your debt off.

Or if there was a Dm Banker, they could hire PC Bounty Hunters to collect debts. Put Toons in Jail. This could open up so many different Rp avenues.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2019, 13:54 PM 

Player

Set up a bank, only allow self respawning at a home point to prevent people from abusing the lack of penalty. It is cringy carrying about 10 or so mil and then getting DC'd or crashing in combat. I also digress that if you are devaluing gold in game, because you have an ancient, lvl 30 that doesn't do anything but show up for events, you should reconsider your position. Houses cost a lot to rent, some people still buy gear, invest in factions, purchase materials ECT, EC.. drop the shade, individual experiences may vary.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2019, 17:03 PM 

Player

*Coughs*
Wait till reset, wait for someone to rez you in the beginning area and that 15% gold death penalty is circumvented. I've known folks that have done this over the years. I don't have to relay on this because I only hunt Mino's and only Boss hunt the Pirate. I can't even remember the last time I died its been so long.

It's sounds more like jeaulosy on your part that some Toons have huge amounts of gold. Don't worry, I was like that when i first came here nine years ago and heard about there not being a 25k cap limit on items sold back to merchants and that there were Toons walking around with 100's of Millions of gold coins. It seemed unfair and a daunting task to try and compete with them.

If you dedicate a weeks time hunting Mino's, have a lvl 30 Toon, and have high apprasial you can easily make 1-5 million depending on how much time you can invest. Getting gold is easy. Even a Caveman can do it. One reason i see why some folks have a problem making a lot of gold is because there constantly making 50 billion new Toons and don't stick to one or two.

As for having Ton's of gold, how do you see it breaking stuff? There's really not much you can do with gold on this server. Yeah you can buy Epics or out bid someone in a Auction. But those are far and few inbetween. As far as i know Dm's don't let gold sway or have much influence at all. So I really don't see what the fear is of those who are wealthy.

And before I'm painted a certian way, my main Toon I used to play before Milly donated 34 million in gold and a lot of Epics to her church fund. There really a'int shit you can do with gold.

P.S. The new Escape artist class sounds like you can negate any death penalty. I wonder if we will see a gang load of them runuing around on EE. LOL

I am not jealous, idk how you read that in there. My point is that what you describe as "circumventing the penalty" is giving up for the day and taking a timer instead, and someone rezzing you in the starting area sounds like exploiting to me tbh.

And I know how to make money. I could have sold all the Epics Peggy has/had on her instead of giving them away for free or trading them for other epics - boom, could've been a few tens of millions easy peazy, my point is that a game where you can't lose isn't fun.

Again, it's a kinda petty move to just go "Lol, ur jealous loser, don't worry I can teach you how to not suck so you won't have to disagree with me". No offense, but that kinda made me mad.

And your point about gold not being good for anything: That's because of inflation - Google it. You're bank-idea will make it worse and gold will have no meaning at all anymore - Hell I refuse to sell epics for gold because you can legit make millions by farming Minos - Almost AFK even. So your idea is completele counter-intuitive and would break the server more than it'd aid ANYONE.

IMO we should first find a god damned gold sink that'd make gold worth anything again, then we can talk about the Death Penalty - But even then I think the death penalty should be even higher.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2019, 20:36 PM 

Player

I have a banking character. You can trust me with your gold IC ;)

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:17 AM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:

*Coughs*

I am not jealous, idk how you read that in there. My point is that what you describe as "circumventing the penalty" is giving up for the day and taking a timer instead, and someone rezzing you in the starting area sounds like exploiting to me tbh.

And I know how to make money. I could have sold all the Epics Peggy has/had on her instead of giving them away for free or trading them for other epics - boom, could've been a few tens of millions easy peazy, my point is that a game where you can't lose isn't fun.

Again, it's a kinda petty move to just go "Lol, ur jealous loser, don't worry I can teach you how to not suck so you won't have to disagree with me". No offense, but that kinda made me mad.

And your point about gold not being good for anything: That's because of inflation - Google it. You're bank-idea will make it worse and gold will have no meaning at all anymore - Hell I refuse to sell epics for gold because you can legit make millions by farming Minos - Almost AFK even. So your idea is completele counter-intuitive and would break the server more than it'd aid ANYONE.

IMO we should first find a god damned gold sink that'd make gold worth anything again, then we can talk about the Death Penalty - But even then I think the death penalty should be even higher.

As far as the exploit, I don't think anyone has ever mentioned it on forums. LOL I can image a few folks saying what the bloody fuck dude, shut your pie whole! *Shrugs* Should have been fixed years ago.

Wait a minute. You're seriously telling me you have a pirate who gives out her booty for free?...LMFAO!!! Ha Ha Ha! Sorry could'nt help myself. I'm a Ass. Sue me.

Giving Epics away for free screws the Market. Theres no -/+ gold exchanging hands.

I never insinuated your a loser because you choose not to stack coin. I was saying the avenue to be wealthy is out there for anyone. You can take advantage of it or not.

Having a banking system gives a chance for new Toons to stack coin. We have no clue how many crazy rich Toons are actually out there or even active. How many of them put themselves in a position to die and lose coin or make more coin? It's an unfounded fear.

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:31 AM 

Player

Hmm.. Good point to check whether or not it is an exploit. Can't remember if there was a ruling made on it in the past.

And honestly, if the discussion can't be made without trying to take a chance to mock one another, then I feel the discussion is entirely made.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:01 PM 

Player

Yeah I don't feel like getting passive-aggressively shit on.

I'mma leave it at "Banking would make the Inflation have absolutely NO counter-weight anymore"

Mind, if we can find a mandatory Gold-Skin to counter the Inflation, then I would still be against banking, but at that point I think it'd be fair game for people to actually discuss it. As it stands now, I don't think people who say "Yes that'd be great" understand the rats tail it draws along.

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 15:21 PM 

Player

So, it's been a while since I replied to this thread.

I don't believe at this time a banking system is viable. The sheer amount of items one character can hold with bags of holding as well as a maxed out Morgan and Sons and whatnot. I also don't believe without making it absolutely worthless for people to use if they don't devote all their time to grind gold will it be a big enough gold sink without it being dead content.

If you're being a one man caravan, the drawback is inventory space. PS has the right idea, using other people's characters to help spread your stock is the way to go.

Now I don't have a direct solution to announce in this thread but we're aware that gold's endgame value isn't all there currently.

I have some proposals but right now our dev work focused on more important things. 15 years of our current ingame economy is hard to fix in a short term to make gold more valuable.

when met"

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 15:27 PM 

Player

You can try and play victim all you want to, but when you cry foul, call me petty then turn right back around and throw a shot basically saying your dumb, your stupid, go educate yourself that doesn't fly around these parts. You will get no pity, no sympathy, no empathy. And that is all I have to say on the matter for now. I'll try not to rock any boats on this post anymore. :lol:

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 15:31 PM 

Player

You can try and play victim all you want to, but when you cry foul, call me petty then turn right back around and throw a shot basically saying your dumb, your stupid, go educate yourself that doesn't fly around these parts. You will get no pity, no sympathy, no empathy. And that is all I have to say on the matter for now. I'll try not to rock any boats on this post anymore. :lol:

Stop before I start handing out consequences. Talk civilly or go away.

when met"

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 16:07 PM 

DM

Magiros wrote:
Hmm.. Good point to check whether or not it is an exploit. Can't remember if there was a ruling made on it in the past.

And honestly, if the discussion can't be made without trying to take a chance to mock one another, then I feel the discussion is entirely made.

It's not an exploit. You can be raised only on the same server you died on, so that you can't just go "WELP" and server hop for no consequence. Some people choose to take a break, rather than take the gold and XP hit.

If you die on B and hop to A, it'll block the Raise with a message that you died on the other server. So it's definitely intended.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 17:08 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
All of those stuffs and things

Fair enough. That's what I meant, it's either Gold/XP hit or taking a break - So either way it's a penalty.

The problem with a Banking system is, on servers where it makes sense to have a banking system, you'd have to lose ALL gold you have on you when you die - for potential PvP Murderers to collect - and that would require you to have a reason to have large amounts of money on you outside of NPC-Protected areas - Which really isn't the case, and also that system would make people PvP for no other reason than to gather gold - Which, now that I said it - could /KINDA/ work on Amia to a degree, but it's ultra frustrating for the people who don't want to build powerbuilds.

So please, no.

I'm all for giving people a small incentive to do more PvP, but not on that scale.

EDIT: Also, before someone comes in and says "Well if people have shitty builds they should not cry about it" - It's not even just about builds, I - for example - would gank the FUCK out of people, we're talking 6 on 1 situations at the least.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 18:33 PM 

Player

A banking system has absolutely zero to do with emplacing a pvp looting system, and I don't think anyone suggested that. If you are suggesting a persistent means of death penalty, well. I don't see the need for that either. Most characters, once they hit 30, have little need for coin unless they have RP reasons for having it. I suggested removing the "spawn where I died option" as that is already used as a means of circumventing party wipe and if you already have enough potions or strong enough gear/equipment you can just keep rolling even after something kills you. Most of the time though, this is just a hinderence to those who are leveling.

Last edited by thunderbrush on Mon, Jul 08 2019, 18:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 18:35 PM 

Player

thunderbrush wrote:
A banking system has absolutely zero to do with emplacing a pvp looting system, and I don't think anyone suggested that.

I did and Bob did (kinda.)

Banking system without being able to loot all gold off of people upon death is non-sensical is my point.

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:

^ ^ ^

EDIT: Though I did kinda derail there, sorry. Idk I just went from one point to another I guess.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 20:49 PM 

Player

Yeah. I'm just trying to drive home that pvp death shouldn't be any different than normal death. This isn't other servers and we aren't beholden to those rules. It goes without saying that not having a secure storage means for actual millions of gold coins doesn't make any sense. Storing them with another player who may or may not ever log in again isn't the brightest option. We keep talking about the sever economy. Well. A months rent will cost you half a mil. Starting a pre-emplaced faction area comes with a 2.5 mil buy in, and 1 mil a month rent. Depending on how industrious you are, you may want several places to live. At which point you are talking millions a month. So. When you are travelling about with 10 mil, and you lose 1 upon death (could be due to bad luck, d/c, lag) it is a fairly large deal. Coin has practical applications to some of our characters.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2019, 21:29 PM 

Player

The problem is that rent is that high precisely because we have such a high inflation.

And the rent is getting ignored by most people since you get nothing in return (Nothing being relative to the price)

Not losing anything on death would help no-one except the people who like to look at large numbers, but the price would be the overall health of the server and the fun

Like I said before, if you cant lose then why even play?

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 09 2019, 0:14 AM 

Player

A bank or a "safe" or something in your housing would make sense, It do not make sense icly to run around with millions upon milliosn of gold.

I love to see a bank where I can have "savings". Basically, just to put gold in it that im "saving" up for future items bought at Djinn and such. Or just simply better storage for items. It do not have to be an "escape from gold lost on death". Basically, losing gold on death barely exists on the server anyway.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 09 2019, 0:42 AM 

Player

if we're arguing what makes sense IC then I should be able to just mug people for all the money they have on them

Wont fix the economy either but apparently that doesnt matter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next