View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 15:40 PM 

Player

So, I'm not just going to suggest that we hamfistedly change the touch attack to stun and leave it at that. But the paralysis touch is way to weak in its current state for Pale Master to really be a competative class against non-monsters.

I would like to recommend it be made a stun or daze effect with a duration of PM level/3 rounds. This way a pale master could stun someone for a couple of rounds if they aren't fully invested but at most a level 19 pale master would be able to do it for 6 rounds. This would make it not totally useless but not completely overpowering. Due to the high DC I would not suggest going any higher than that, but would be open to something along the lines of PM level/4 rounds or PM level/5 rounds in extreme cases. Since freedom gear is all over the server and there seem to be no intentions to change that any time soon I think this is a great option to bring them in line with other casting classes, which honestly currently have the potential to dominate literally anyone they meet that isn't a caster, without making them so over powered they're completely unstoppable.

1 round/3 levels would allow a level 19 or 20 PM to achieve 6 rounds at maximum

1 round/4 levels would allow level 16 pale master to stun someone for 4 rounds and a level 20 PM to do it for 5 rounds, which would offer some incentive to go full PM instead of having the extra bard level (even though that is a choice that is mechanically much weaker)

And 1 round/5 levels would allow a level 19 pale master to stun someone for 3 rounds and allow a level 20 pale master to do it for 4 rounds. I think this is the least reasonable choice but still an option as it give the pale master some actual offensive utility instead of relegating them to the position of mostly useless outside of tanking and their epic summon.

I think pale master is general inferior to most other casters due to their lack of CLs outside of spells in the necromancy school, which shadowshield completely removes the benefit of, and most people have the fortitude score to avoid their other attacks if they know how to gear. This would give pale master a new edge they've never had before and make them viable if it should ever come to be needed in a fight while making sure it isn't a duration that would make it so impossibly long that it's unstoppable.

I would also be open to a DC recalculation if the team feels it necessary for this touch to be changed since I know int focused pale masters can get some very high numbers but I think the uses per day and duration would be an excellent limiting factor here.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Ðraco

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 15:45 PM 

Player

Paralyze is utterly useless on Amia because of freedom items not to mention immunity gain from Dragon Disciple levels. IMHO everything that paralyzes should be changed to stun or daze, except maybe bigbys spells.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 16:10 PM 

Player

I was mistaken, the touch is fort. I would rather keep it fort since fort is a save a lot of people buff pretty well and that means it wouldn't be super, super, super powerful. But stun or daze would still be a great change with one of the durations listed above!

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2018, 16:50 PM 

Player

Yeah Palemasters could really use something that isn't... Well...

"Lul I got Bubbly Potions/Shadow Shield/Deathward, what're you gonna do loser?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]