View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Lilleman

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 20 2018, 21:50 PM 

Player

So, I just got outsider shape for my Shifter and when I tried out the death slaad lord I noticed something... its weapon does 0-0 damage physical, not counting strength, enhancement and other merged weapon properties! The weapon does have 1d8 acid damage, but is it really supposed to only deal acid damage (beside the flat damage bonuses) or is it bugged somehow?

I don't know if it is worth noting, but the shape also has none of the abilities on the (outdated) spreadsheet, instead it has an unlimited use of phantasmal killer. A little wierd, but I'd sooner buy that than a 0-0 weapon.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 20 2018, 23:42 PM 

Player

I will note just for clarification that weapons do not merge in Death Slaad Lord shape. The only pieces of equiptment that merge are: armor, shield and helmet.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 3:32 AM 

Player

I just saw this and decided to test it on Sullivan with his Sureforged Mace and Unique Dagger. Everything seemed to be merging correctly. I even enchanted both with flame weapon after the fact to see if that property merged. Not sure where the problem originates from but I think weapons do merge with Death Slaad unless if I'm missing something. The damage does come up as 0-0 as a base of the creature claw though on the sheet but the properties from the weapon itself does seem to merge as an interesting note.

Lilleman

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 5:24 AM 

Player

In my experience, the only time I have noticed that a form hasn't merged equipment, and I mean all equipment, or at the very least that my log is telling me it has merged said equipment is on the dragon hatchling forms. I can't say for certain what gets merged and what does not, but the log further reinstates this when I take damage and I see the regeneration properties of my equipment working as usual.

Anyhow, back to my question: Why is it that the death slaad lord only has a 0-0 bite creature type weapon? I was only wondering if this was intended or if there is something else afoot here. I have tested using the forms melee attack and it the stats don't lie: physical damage always comes up to a flat 7 or so, strength + whatever else. I just thought it felt like a strange penalty for, what I can only guess is, massive regeneration or... unlimited phantasmal killer?

Cratz

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 5:53 AM 

Player

I noted this when the changes first went live, but got no answer as to why the 0-0 weapon.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 16:47 PM 

Player

My apologies then, must be an amia specific change I am not familiar with. The base game function does not merge anything else other than that which I have listed.

Lilleman

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 22 2018, 16:13 PM 

Player

@Angelis96 No worries, I would bet that keeping track of all changes Amia makes to the base engine would be impossible :)

And thanks for the answers everyone, glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this is changed in a future update.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 22 2018, 23:00 PM 

Player

When my laptop is resurrected I’ll look on to it, could be a missing weapon.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Lilleman

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:11 AM 

Player

@Kamina

Awesome! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]