View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Anatida

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 28 2016, 20:00 PM 

Player

Class NoticeA notice appears on the board inside the front door of the Three Steps Academy:

// :arrow: CURRENT DATE: I've put a new doodle calendar up with a weeks notice for next Sunday, March 6th. Make sure the calendar shows your correct timezone at the top right corner of the grid. I'll try to start when the most people are available.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 29 2016, 4:59 AM 

Player

A little gnome raises himself up on his tiptoes to make note of the schedule on the notice board. He then scurries off into the shadows of the academy hall ways.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:48 AM 

Player

The gnome returns to the board eager to find out the time of the classes.

//Was anything ever scheduled?

Anatida

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 01 2016, 17:44 PM 

Player

Luckbringer wrote:

// OH! We did hold it yesterday. Several of the people were on early. So I poked everyone I saw online and went from there. I will try to hold another one in the next couple of weeks. Is your game login also luckbringer?

Tyris

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 01 2016, 22:32 PM 

Player

Missed as well, never saw on line.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:03 AM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
Luckbringer wrote:

// OH! We did hold it yesterday. Several of the people were on early. So I poked everyone I saw online and went from there. I will try to hold another one in the next couple of weeks. Is your game login also luckbringer?

//Ah, that's okay. I didn't see anyone on when I checked so must have been a bit late for me. My game login is: mojoec. Yeah we can try for next time. Thanks!

MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 14:29 PM 

Player

// I am very unsure of how these are scheduled and such, so just saying I'd like to be part of the next lesson too, for my first successful shadowdancer :) I can do it any time, but I do have things changing in a few weeks, so hopefully before then...

Last edited by MisterLich on Fri, Feb 26 2016, 15:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 14:34 PM 

Player

// I have a character that would be interested as well in a week, maybe two!

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 17:55 PM 

Player

// I've put a new doodle calendar up with a weeks notice for next Sunday, March 6th. Make sure the calendar shows your correct timezone at the top right corner of the grid. I'll try to start when the most people are available.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 18:22 PM 

Player

// Done and signed up!

MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 19:41 PM 

Player

// Likewise!

Tyris

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 26 2016, 19:52 PM 

Player

Signed up again

Ro-man

waswar

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 27 2016, 0:45 AM 

Player

// I will sign up closer to when the day approaches, I don't know of anything will be on that day until then, but I believe I should be free.

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 13:44 PM 

Player

//Hi folks. Unfortunately this Sunday, March 6th is not going to work for me after all. My daughter has her first culinary competition that day. We have been asked to attend, and it is an all-day event.

Here are our options:

:arrow: Break the lesson into three classes Mon 7th, Tue 8th, Wed 9th. These would start about 6pm Central US time (Midnight GMT). Each session would last 1.5-2 hours. This would actually be my preferred way to do it, even though it's going to take me from other things for three consecutive days.

:arrow: Shift to Saturday, March 5th earliest start time staying the same - 11am Central (5pm GMT)

:arrow: Push it off until the next weekend, March 12/13. Forewarning though, my husband is working on setting up a camping trip with some other families. If the trip falls on this weekend it will take precedent.

Feel free to leave your comments/availability here or in a PM. If there is a need for it, I will create another doodle calendar.

~ Cheers
Anabanana

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 15:07 PM 

Player

// I can do any of the things suggested. Just a thought though, perhaps making the class total less than 6-8 hours would be beneficial to scheduling as well. Not to sound like an ass :shock: but, It's been done in less time. Scheduling 5-8 people for one long session is difficult, for three consecutive days, is VERY hard, especially when each session is a couple hours.

That said... I'm cool with this as 7,8,9, 5th, or the 13th. I just can't do the 12th.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 15:39 PM 

Player

// I'm actually unavailable all day on the 5th, so I'd like to go with the 3 lessons on the 7th, 8th and 9th, if that's possible. Only problem is that I'm unsure if I will have started work by that date or not, and in my timezone I will not be off work yet at that hour. I'll have to hope for the best.

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 15:56 PM 

Player

// I am also not trying to be an ass, just stating matters of fact. It may well be that the class has been done before in less than 5-6 hours, but not by anyone I have ever played with. I know there are "SJ instructors" that will just cover the bullet points they know a DM wants to see in three screenshots and you're done. I don't roleplay that way. My PC refuses to just hand out shadow jump 'widgets'. If you want to be instructed by me/her you are going to learn the actual lore of the process.

Anyone is welcome to seek a different instructor with no hard feelings. :)

Cheers
~ Ana

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 16:05 PM 

Player

// *hugs Ana* Wasn't looking for shortcuts, personally, the rp is as important as the widget. Was just seeing for simplicity sake and meeting up this many people if there was a way to shorten the process. I don't agree with the 15 minute classes either! Didn't mean any offense!

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 16:10 PM 

Player

// I wasn't offended! <3 I was just stating my position unequivocally. I truly have tried to shorten the lessons, but Iim thinks if you are going to learn SJ you have to understand it, and all of it. It's her responsibility to make sure you don't kill yourself, or mis-train and kill others. So, her lessons begin by making sure you know what a shadow IS, and it just gets more in-depth from there. LOL

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 16:12 PM 

Player

// Fair enough!

MisterLich

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 16:13 PM 

Player

// Not sure where this came from, was merely stating my availability in the near future. But okay.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 16:15 PM 

Player

// Nevermind, saw the part of This Guy's post where he mentioned shortening it. My bad.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 17:33 PM 

Player

// I'm unavailable for any of those times listed as I work until late in the evenings with inconsistent days off. If anyone wants to get with me about doing a lesson later on (after 7 est) hit me up on Commie in game or PM me or post here or something.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 17:35 PM 

Player

// 6 central is 7 EST Commie

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 19:51 PM 

Player

// oh that calendar thing was showing 2 pm >_>. And I can't do wednesday anyway.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 20:13 PM 

Player

// The calendar was for Sunday. I made a post this morning proposing a new time because something came up on Sunday. O.o

If you can not do one of the three days, it's really no reason to skip the others. A make up for the small portion you miss will be easier to do than rescheduling an entire start-to-finish.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2016, 21:05 PM 

Player

// ill be there if I can.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 03 2016, 7:59 AM 

Player

// I'd vote for pushing it til next weekend if that works for others. If not, are their any other teachers about to spread out the lessons? US timezones are hardest for me to make as I am on the opposite side of the world.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 04 2016, 17:14 PM 

Player

// Perhaps there should be more than one class scheduled at a time, given that there are many instructors listed and such. From a gamer perspective it's kind of hard to justify to myself waiting for everyone's schedules, and the stars, to align just right, to access the only other class feature that made Shadowdancer worthwhile to me. Maybe have one instructor teach a class every week? There are like 5 instructors listed I think..

This would also help with cases like Luckbringer, who live in different timezones.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 04 2016, 17:23 PM 

Player

// A "Need an instructor? Find an instructor!" thread would work great, where people could post what times they had available and others could volunteer to teach.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

WrathOfTheNorth

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 15:18 PM 

Player

// I'll be there tida, Saturdays one would be ideal but let me know which option everyone's going with

Khuul-Khuum -Icy Heart Award 2014- Joint 2nd Best Developed 2014!
Ordained Of Her Grace

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 15:36 PM 

Player

// So! When are we doing this?

Tyris

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 15:39 PM 

Player

Let me know next class time please

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 16:42 PM 

Player

// Monday 3/7, and Tuesday 3/8 @ 6pm Central (Midnight GMT)

// Folks... people have made posts before leaving notices that they were looking for an instructor, and an instructor responded. You are welcome to do that. Frankly there just are not any players teaching at the moment, except myself. You should all know, that not all players are available all the time, but that doesn't mean I should remove them from some list. I received a message from one person saying they would help me get you all taken care of.

Now let me say this - it is NOT ok to spam people with tells/PMs, or act like you are put-out because of scheduling issues when there has been no attempt to make IC contact with that person. If you've made IC contact, I'm not talking about you. I'm not a DM, but bluntly my opinion is this: you don't have an entitlement to a widget that is based on RP just because you took some SD levels. Nor is anyone obligated to be your widget dispenser. If you can't be fussed to have some IC interaction to set up a lesson - i can't be fussed to bother teaching you.

Now, I apologize, that was rather a personal rant.... but I've been sitting on it for a few days, and it didn't go away, so you got it anyway.

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 16:46 PM 

Player

// Ana... I'm confused, should I have made IC contact as well as sign up for the class? If so, I'm sorry and I will correct that ASAP.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:16 PM 

Player

That Guy wrote:
// Ana... I'm confused, should I have made IC contact as well as sign up for the class? If so, I'm sorry and I will correct that ASAP.

Heh, yes. :P Though I wasn't ranting about you, specifically.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:30 PM 

Player

// if this is about me, I hit you up via pm on the 27th about likely not being able to attend the class. i hit up some other SD's ig after a few days passed and never got a reply. i don't know how to handle missing the class ic because if i do miss the thing it's because of work, ooc stuff, and don't know how to 'reflect' that crossover ic. so i asked other sd's on the server and some of the listed instructors about a time that might work for them.
//
//I work in mental health, my hours are wild, my days off are not consistent, I get called in on my days off, and i wanted to get a 'backup' in case I missed this event. if you ever wanna do anything with my prospective SD who is going to go to SD 10 (at 7 atm and passed two ig exams) and is aiming to one day get an official instructor position, hit me up IG at any time on any of my characters.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:34 PM 

Player

AirPhforce wrote:
// if this is about me, I hit you up via pm on the 27th about likely not being able to attend the class. i hit up some other SD's ig after a few days passed and never got a reply. i don't know how to handle missing the class ic because if i do miss the thing it's because of work, ooc stuff, and don't know how to 'reflect' that crossover ic. so i asked other sd's on the server and some of the listed instructors about a time that might work for them.
//
//I work in mental health, my hours are wild, my days off are not consistent, I get called in on my days off, and i wanted to get a 'backup' in case I missed this event. if you ever wanna do anything with my prospective SD who is going to go to SD 10 (at 7 atm and passed two ig exams) and is aiming to one day get an official instructor position, hit me up IG at any time on any of my characters.

Ok I wasn't going to call anyone out in public, but "hitting someone up in a PM" is not IC contact.
AirPhforce wrote:
I need a lesson for my SD but work during the usual class times, including the times the next one is scheduled for on the 6th.

Let me know if something else can be arranged. Hit me up on Cor'Xak or Dunbak if you prefer to talk ig.

We all have scheduling conflicts. We all live in different time zones and have to make IC excuses for missing important RP that our character wouldn't have missed for the world... that's just the way it is.

Sorry... figure it out. It's called a roleplay server.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:41 PM 

Player

// well, i gotta go to back work now. i've hit you up on shiloh a few times about sd stuff but you just say you're doing doomguide stuff. don't know what else to say. i can't make ic contact if you arn't there or are busy and don't wanna 'force' anyone into doing anything they don't want to do. if i can make the class ill make the class. if not ill have to find some other instructor.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:43 PM 

Player

// YOu can send an IC PM asking for a meeting. It's really just that simple.

EDIT: Also I don't remember you once asking even in a Tell if I could meet you on Iim to talk ICly. Trying to schedule a shadow jump lesson in a tell, is not IC contact either.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:55 PM 

Player

Anatida wrote:

EDIT: Also I don't remember you once asking even in a Tell if I could meet you on Iim to talk ICly. Trying to schedule a shadow jump lesson in a tell, is not IC contact either.

Oh come on. Scheduling is ooc. Are you really going to split hairs over the difference between trying to schedule shadow jump lessons, and asking in a tell to talk to iim? They are the same result and both of them are ooc. This seems like a big overreaction to someone trying genuinely to make up a lesson they can't make due to scheduling.... which is exactly what you told people to do.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:57 PM 

Player

//then I don't know what to do. You are busy a lot. So I hit up other sd's due to the schedule conflict and Ya blew me up for 'spamming. ' I've been to three steps a shit load of times, but never saw nobody. So if I can't ask other sd's about what are good playtimes to catch them and our schedules don't align what's next for me? Ask a dm to possess an instructor npc and go from there?

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:57 PM 

Player

PS: i do not support making vague "callout" posts directed at one person disguised as public announcements. If there are issues between players, work it out between yourselves and failing that bring it to the dms. Don't do this, since now we got to do all this crap in the forums.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:58 PM 

Player

// The difference Tormak, comes with the fact that the first time the characters meet is in the lesson, instead of having any IC contact before that. There is an application for a reason. I consider that valid IC contact and have happily set up lessons ASAP for people submitting such. A PM or Tell sent completely OOC saying "Hey when can you teach me shadow jump" is NOT ic contact.

I'm done with this conversation. I'm sure it will be locked soon anyway.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 17:59 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
PS: i do not support making vague "callout" posts directed at one person disguised as public announcements. If there are issues between players, work it out between yourselves and failing that bring it to the dms. Don't do this, since now we got to do all this crap in the forums.

It wasn't just directed at one person. Don't assume you know my mind. Don't assume you know what I have or have not received from other players. That one person just happened to post on their own and I responded.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 18:11 PM 

Player

// allright well if anyone can play after eight est and wants to teach dunbak what being a shadow dancer is about hit me up on Commie. Characters listed below. I don't really care who it is, dm or player. I've seemed to run afowl of one via schedule conflicts, I can't send letters to other instructors apparently, so at this point id prefer someone reach out to me. Doesnt need to be ic or anything and can be a player or helpful dm.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 18:13 PM 

Player

// I specifically set the schedule for tomorrow and Tuesday because you told me you were available at 7pm EST, and not available on Wednesday!!!!!! Take offense and don't show up if that is your choice.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 18:19 PM 

DM

Anatida wrote:
Now let me say this - it is NOT ok to spam people with tells/PMs, or act like you are put-out because of scheduling issues when there has been no attempt to make IC contact with that person.

Anatida wrote:
Now, I apologize, that was rather a personal rant.... but I've been sitting on it for a few days, and it didn't go away, so you got it anyway.

Anatida wrote:

Anatida wrote:

Anatida wrote:
It's called a roleplay server.

Anatida I think I can speak for everyone when we say we appreciate you scheduling lessons and you do a good job with them. Now with that said you -took- the responsibility of being the grandmaster of the academy and that responsibility includes IC and OOC elements. You took the responsibility of setting up classes and coordinating them through an IC and OOC forum.

All of this rant could of easily been dealt with in PMs. Did you tell any of this to the player or players who spammed you? Even a simple, "I am busy ill get back to this later" reply will put someone at ease. Ignoring peoples PMs, after you have opened them, for long periods of times doesn't really help the situation.

There will always be new people to the server and as not only a developer but a faction leader it is expected for you to represent this server. New players require guidance and simply informing players of your expectations will go a long way. While you doing it now in this thread would of been fine the approach you just went with is rather unfortunate. You could of handled this entire deal in a very neutral, respectful tone for everyone involved instead of your over dramatics and frustration have gotten out of hand.

Nevertheless, this is a roleplay server, as you informed everyone here, and I think you need to remember that yourself. I am going to ask everyone to step away, relax, and hopefully we can approach this with a clear head. I want you to think, Anatida, about how you could of handled this better. I and others expect better of you and what you represent. You should be the better person here and you should know how to deal with these situations better.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 18:33 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
Anatida I think I can speak for everyone when we say we appreciate you scheduling lessons and you do a good job with them. Now with that said you -took- the responsibility of being the grandmaster of the academy and that responsibility includes IC and OOC elements. You took the responsibility of setting up classes and coordinating them through an IC and OOC forum.

I did not complain about coordinating OOCly. I complained about people not bothering with any IC contact at all, and having some expectation that the first time they meet my character they should get a 6 hour lesson.

Maverick00053 wrote:
Ignoring peoples PMs, after you have opened them, for long periods of times doesn't really help the situation.

I have not ignored anyone's PMs. I have no idea what this about.

Maverick00053 wrote:
There will always be new people to the server and as not only a developer but a faction leader it is expected for you to represent this server.

I am not a developer any longer. I've asked repeatedly for them to remove that title. While I have tried to be respectful to people, any person can only take so much.

Maverick00053 wrote:
New players require guidance and simply informing players of your expectations will go a long way. While you doing it now in this thread would of been fine the approach you just went with is rather unfortunate. You could of handled this entire deal in a very neutral, respectful tone for everyone involved instead of your over dramatics and frustration have gotten out of hand.

I agree, I could have handled it better. Perhaps I could have worded less strongly - however, I was not the only SD instructor that this happened to. Others were contacted in Tells - not with a "hey would you have time to RP with my SD?" But with "Hey when can you teach me shadow jump". If people can't see the difference in those two things... I simply can't explain it any better.

Maverick00053 wrote:
I am going to ask everyone to step away, relax, and hopefully we can approach this with a clear head.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 06 2016, 18:34 PM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
// I specifically set the schedule for tomorrow and Tuesday because you told me you were available at 7pm EST, and not available on Wednesday!!!!!! Take offense and don't show up if that is your choice.

//Yeah and there's a chance I cant make it due to how my work is. I was scheduling backups when I spoke to other instructors and im in the middle of an eight day consecutive work week. My work is hectic and unpredictable. Sorry if you felt like you were being sidestepped or bypassed it wasn't my intention. I just don't know if I can make times even after I set them. Nothing really I can do about that.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next