View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 12:58 PM 

Player

Okay, so I edited this title to be more appropriate and the starting message as well.

I think this thread should serve as player uphold (that would be me) gathering of links to various UD topics. They are currently mostly drow related, but one man can't do them all. If you have anything you feel is amiss in the Amia wiki, you can speak out loud here and I can seek to it.

After all, the wiki is player maintained, and it's purpose is to help and AID players in their RP! ^^

DROW INFO:
About Drow
General Tips for Drow
Playing a priestess
Playing a warrior
Playing a mage
About Heretics

City of Ultrinnan
City of Edonil
L'obsul - "The hole on the ground"
Melee-Magthere
Arach-TInilith
Sorcere
VDVM
Drow Academies
Tests of Lolth
Her Eight Tenets
Drow Ranks in Edonil and in General.
About drow Behavior
The Blooding Ritual

DROW HOUSES:
All Drow Houses:
House Arabett
House Claddath (Eilistraeean House)
House Do'Veldran
House Fuma'Vhid
House Iira'Urden
House Jess d'l'Orbb
House Kenlyl
House Kil'ani
House Kor'ali
House Lle'isgar
House My'afin
House My'ana
House Olath'Orbb
House Qos'Yutsu
House Rowa (Eilistraeean House)
House Tinnerai
House Ussen'd'Vhid
House Vin'taelhess (don't know how out of date or missing info, as it wasn't even in ultrinnan)
House Xull'd'Vharcan
House Zau'Und

Drow links compiled to one category, PC:s included.

OTHER UNDERDARK RACES:
Duergar
Goblins
Kobolds
Orogs
Deep Gnomes

Last edited by Quarter_From_Nothing on Mon, Jan 30 2012, 6:11 AM, edited 20 times in total.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 17:46 PM 

Player

If deleted, there should be a separate page titled "Dead Houses" as all the data is probably kept on record in the library.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 18:45 PM 

Player

Zanthair wrote:
If deleted, there should be a separate page titled "Dead Houses" as all the data is probably kept on record in the library.

Good idea, but does anyone even remember those few houses that don't have anything written on their page? Did those even have members, or somenoe just liked the idea of maybe getting new house :P

Logicality

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 19:05 PM 

Player

Only semi-related, but I also simplified the Character Template a while back. It would be nice if people could start using that, to make the source pages cleaner and easier to edit, instead of the old layout (which took up a lot more room and was a lot harder to make sense of).

I will soon be making similar templates for factions and the like.

Maias227

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 19:25 PM 

Player

Good initative, please remember adding category though so its easier keeping track of. If you're unsure where to put it look here for those already made; http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/index.php/S ... Categories

or make some new ones!

Also look here for some general tips;
http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/index.php/C ... e_AmiaWiki

Zanthair

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 19:29 PM 

Player

For all the houses listed there, the only blank active one is Ussen d'Vhid. You might want to talk to KH_Hawkes about getting an entry for it.

Logicality

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 20:14 PM 

Player

I have added a Faction Template and a Location Template, please use them. :-)

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2010, 6:40 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I've touched up House Lle'isgar and House Arabett (I had active characters in both factions) and the names in the player lists were the ones I could remember. If anyone can remember other names or information, feel free to add them.. but Arabett's been dead since 2006 and Lle'isgar since 2008 so I don't think there'd be many players left who knew what they were.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Didi

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2010, 15:10 PM 

Player

Touched up Qos'Yutsu. Arabett is basically fine as it is.

Gondor

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2010, 15:23 PM 

Player

Edited most, if not all Ultrinnan pages or references to Ultrinnan and changed the time from present to past to reflect event changes in game.

Removed every House page out of the '[[Category:Faction]]'. Every house faction is linked through the "Drow Houses"-faction.

Minor edits to accademy pages to reflect current changes.
Removed every drow accademy's page out of the faction category and linked them through "Drow Accademies"-faction.

That cleared up some space.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 04 2010, 22:27 PM 

Player

*bump* Important to maintain the pages :)

Blackthorn51

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 04 2010, 23:00 PM 

Player

Concerning House Kor'ali. I was one of the prominent members from day one till the bitter end. I cant edit the Wiki but it should be updated to say:

"House Kor'ali originated from the city of Ched Nasad and was in many ways successful till the very day the druegar and their stonefire bombs burned the very webs which held the city together. House Kor'ali is ruled by Morne Kor'ali subsequently after the Ilharess took her own life after the city's fall. Following the destruction of Ched Nasad, Kor'ali relocated under its new matron to the city of Udos Drox'un. It thrived as one of the ruling houses until the day Udos Droxun fell to the invading Army. Kor'ali as with the other survivors of Udos, relocated once more to build the city of Ultrinnan, where they ruled as a prominent noble house for many centuries until they went to war with house Arabett. It was during this war that the Kor'ali were exposed as a house of Vhaeraun. On the day of their last stand, Lolth herself arrived in Ultrinnan to see to their destruction. Though the members did what they could to resist the attack, ultimately they were defeated. The survivors scattered to the winds. Some left the Island of Amia and relocated the city of Szith where they were reformed as a Lolth worshiping house. Others fled to the surface and joined the Elistraeeans. The fate of Ilharess Morne is not known to history, though her daughter is said to have joined the Kenyl's on the surface. Her patron, Naeradil was rumored to have returned to Amia to assist in the construction of the settlment of Edonil."

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 04 2010, 23:26 PM 

Player

Blackthorn51 wrote:
Concerning House Kor'ali. I was one of the prominent members from day one till the bitter end. I cant edit the Wiki but it should be updated to say:

"House Kor'ali originated from the city of Ched Nasad and was in many ways successful till the very day the druegar and their stonefire bombs burned the very webs which held the city together. House Kor'ali is ruled by Morne Kor'ali subsequently after the Ilharess took her own life after the city's fall. Following the destruction of Ched Nasad, Kor'ali relocated under its new matron to the city of Udos Drox'un. It thrived as one of the ruling houses until the day Udos Droxun fell to the invading Army. Kor'ali as with the other survivors of Udos, relocated once more to build the city of Ultrinnan, where they ruled as a prominent noble house for many centuries until they went to war with house Arabett. It was during this war that the Kor'ali were exposed as a house of Vhaeraun. On the day of their last stand, Lolth herself arrived in Ultrinnan to see to their destruction. Though the members did what they could to resist the attack, ultimately they were defeated. The survivors scattered to the winds. Some left the Island of Amia and relocated the city of Szith where they were reformed as a Lolth worshiping house. Others fled to the surface and joined the Elistraeeans. The fate of Ilharess Morne is not known to history, though her daughter is said to have joined the Kenyl's on the surface. Her patron, Naeradil was rumored to have returned to Amia to assist in the construction of the settlment of Edonil."

Allright, I can put that up. Say if it need more fixing.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 08 2010, 4:39 AM 

Player

Added House My'ana to there, but have nothing in it yet. Please tell when you have any info on them. :)

Zanthair

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 08 2010, 6:40 AM 

Player

I guess I'll get a topic going on our forum to get something set up for you.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 08 2010, 6:59 AM 

Player

Zanthair wrote:
I guess I'll get a topic going on our forum to get something set up for you.

Thanks. It feels important to get info on the wiki, as myself I use it quite a few times per day to look for something. Usually I end up searching from somewhere else as well. :/

And oh! Added the Eight Tenets and The tests of Lolth to the wiki! Links on first post! :)

Yurell

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 08 2010, 7:34 AM 

Player

Very good work, I must say.

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 08 2010, 7:39 AM 

Player

Yurell wrote:
Very good work, I must say.

Just doing my fare share as player, but thanks. Maybe one day we get this topic sticky. 8)

I'll keep updating those wiki pages and the first post here in the hopes of someone getting something out of them!

PS: And yes, everything concerning Underdark is welcome. SOme of you can even write whole post about things and I can put it up if you don't have the account.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:11 AM 

Player

Updated the wiki again! Now adding the links to first post. :)

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:06 AM 

Player

*Applauds* Bravo Bravo!

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:46 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
*Applauds* Bravo Bravo!

[[Image removed for easyness]]

Sarcasm? :D

Yurell

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:50 AM 

Player

Nope, that's Svensk being earnest.

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 12:01 PM 

Player

Yup. I'm actually very impressed with the work, Many hours put down for the well-being of the entire server.
That, if any, deserves an applause and a KUDOS from my part.

Bravo!
Quote:

The first thing that drow are taught is that if anything bad happens it MUST be the surfacer's fault (especially the elves)... which I can't stress to RP enough. We're talking even the littlest things of "Ow, I tripped and fell ... well maybe I wouldn't of hurt myself on the cave floor if those damn dirty elves didn't force us underground."

I love this sentence.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 12:46 PM 

Player

Hehe. Thank you then, honestly ^^ And that sentence is great :D Only one minor thing I personally don't like / feel comfortable with. The part where elves drove drow to UD. On my personal view, Lolth granted them the vast lands of Underdark, where they could thrive to be powerful and without interference of their weaker cousins :P

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 13:02 PM 

Player

Actually, the whole "elves drove us to the underdark" is a big part of drow culture. It's probably the single biggest reason for any drow to hate elves.

Aside from that, great job!

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 11 2010, 13:19 PM 

Player

slkNihilus wrote:
Actually, the whole "elves drove us to the underdark" is a big part of drow culture. It's probably the single biggest reason for any drow to hate elves.

Aside from that, great job!

True true, yet some disagree with it both OOC and IC:ly (not meaning one couldn't just oppose it either way)

I'll have few posts soon put on the library part, about drow origins. They are OOC and IC matter of point of view and believe.

xXull

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 31 2010, 13:22 PM 

Player

someone put on the wiki that my drow morne kor'ali committed suicide -.-

I do think it's funny and appreciate the humor, and I'm too lazy to edit it anyway. but no, she didn't commit suicide ;.;

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 31 2010, 16:44 PM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

A few of those houses are Elistraeen, not Lolthite.

I've pretty much heard of every single one of those houses at some point in Amia's existence.

House Kenlyl is Elistraeen I believe. Jud's nasty house of Neutered Neutrals.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Nekhy

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 31 2010, 17:05 PM 

Player

Vandree and Tor'Quil (spelling) are missing entirely. But they may be too old for most to remember.

Prod me for development-related stuff.

P Three

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 31 2010, 17:11 PM 

DM

Same with Do'Ndar

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 31 2010, 17:22 PM 

Player

Does anyone else have a problem with loading the wiki pages? I am always able to check three or four categories and then suddenly, the site takes so long to respond that nothing will load.

I have tried to edit or add things and have, so far, been completely unable to do so. =/

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 01 2011, 2:10 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

Nekhy wrote:
Vandree and Tor'Quil (spelling) are missing entirely. But they may be too old for most to remember.

Wasn't Vandree destroyed or something? I think they kinda did something that got them shunned, or put in the bad books. I remember they used to be one of the big evils on Amia for a time, then suddenly, poof. No more Vandree.

Either that or the three people who ran it with their 200 alts all left <_<

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Zanthair

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 01 2011, 17:02 PM 

Player

Selvec Darkon wrote:
Nekhy wrote:

Wasn't Vandree destroyed or something? I think they kinda did something that got them shunned, or put in the bad books. I remember they used to be one of the big evils on Amia for a time, then suddenly, poof. No more Vandree.

Either that or the three people who ran it with their 200 alts all left <_<

at the end of its decline, vandree's matron attempted a summoning of a powerful demon and it backfired, blowing up their quellar building and killing everyone inside. the building collapsed, and vandree was done, the illharess and all her heirs, along with all vandree's slaves and most of its jaluken were dead after the event. At least, thats what I got out of it as an outside observer.

This does remind me to write up something for My'ana though...

xXull

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 04 2011, 7:09 AM 

Player

Forgot reith'rivelve (spelling?), Elg'carin, but those may be too old?

I'd write the vandree one but I'm unsure of what happened either.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 06 2011, 9:59 AM 

Player

I think Zanthairs post sums up what happened. Just add somewhere "Really old Drow house that once was very well known and feared around the isle of Amia". Then write what Zanthair posted. No need for more. If someone wants to find out more, then can snag a DM who likely knows and look IC.

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 10 2011, 3:08 AM 

Player

Empty Observer wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem with loading the wiki pages? I am always able to check three or four categories and then suddenly, the site takes so long to respond that nothing will load.

I have tried to edit or add things and have, so far, been completely unable to do so. =/

Hello?

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 10 2011, 3:41 AM 

Player

Haven't had any stability issues recently myself.

You're logged into the wiki? If so what do you mean exactly that you are unable to edit things?

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 10 2011, 23:32 PM 

Player

Yes, I can get logged in. Maybe I will get to click a link or two and try to get to the pages I want to edit. Maybe.

Then: The server at amiawiki.shatuga.com is taking too long to respond.

The end. I am done for a few hours before anything will load at all.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 11 2011, 0:30 AM 

Player

Weird. Well, I'm not sure as to why you are having the issue but if there is anything that you really want changed then if you write up the changes I am sure that I or somebody else would be happy to add it to the wiki for you.

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 11 2011, 5:04 AM 

Player

Thanks. =) That would be much appreciated. I need to add a character or two but I won't bother others with that. I will see what's there that I wanted to mess with once I can get it to load for me.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 24 2011, 8:10 AM 

Player

*bumpade*

I just updated some minor stuff and thought to give this a bump at the same time.

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:58 AM 

Player

*le bumbade* Added respecter quellar Jess'd'l'Orbb to the listing! ^^

This sis still going on. Feel free to spread the word :D

EDIT: And other UD races too!

As it's already on the top notch, didn't feel like bumbing AGAIN. So yea, edited some character related view of The Blooding Ritual

soundofastream

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 18:39 PM 

Player

House Vin'taelhess was based in Udos and (more recently) L'Obsul. It was a House that I used to run, there's only a few characters of that House, still around...so it still exists, but its no longer an 'active' House. It wasn't a pure Drow House either, but Drow were the leaders of it, and the rest were considered retainers or servants or whatnot.

It was dedicated to Ghaunadaur, but few outside the House, knew that fact. In its heyday, it boasted around ten active players. The remnant members of it, met a few weeks ago...so those characters are still around but its no longer strong enough to be called a faction anymore.

Maybe one day, we'll find interest renewed in Ghaunadaur, but most Drow players, only want to play Llothites for the most part (or Elistraeens). I still play my Ghaunadaurian though, as do a few others...

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 19:14 PM 

Player

If it's not publicly known, please don't tell it in public either, old knowledge or not.

EDIT: Of course if I had red the houses history etc, I would have known some of that. So ignore the previous.

oldppdungeonmaster

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08 2011, 7:45 AM 

Player

Hello All! I was there from birth to death of House Iira'urden, and its transformation into Kil'ani. I know most of the general storyline, but will have to work to put together details from various sources.
Itll be a work in progress..
This is cool!
*much applause!*

(Of the Ruin of Beleriand)

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08 2011, 8:43 AM 

Player

oldppdungeonmaster wrote:
Hello All! I was there from birth to death of House Iira'urden, and its transformation into Kil'ani. I know most of the general storyline, but will have to work to put together details from various sources.
Itll be a work in progress..
This is cool!
*much applause!*

When you get some info, you can PM it to me and I'll add it to the wiki. :)

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 27 2012, 16:04 PM 

Player

*bump for usefulness*

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 27 2012, 19:06 PM 

Player

Ul'ath'tallar of Edonil is Nizz. Seen her addressed as such IG.

Also, the city size has swelled in recent months and a large amount of spiders have taken residence in the upper regions (and occassionally the floor) of the cavern. Due to this, the common name to it's residents has become: "Chel'el d' Cressen" or "City of Webs."

Quarter_From_Nothing

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 28 2012, 9:43 AM 

Player

DustSpray101 wrote:
Ul'ath'tallar of Edonil is Nizz. Seen her addressed as such IG.

Also, the city size has swelled in recent months and a large amount of spiders have taken residence in the upper regions (and occassionally the floor) of the cavern. Due to this, the common name to it's residents has become: "Chel'el d' Cressen" or "City of Webs."

Thank you for clarifying those points. I have been away sense august, so please in anyone sees something that is out of place or out-dated do say so! It helps a ton.

- Quarter

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 28 2012, 10:16 AM 

Player

Will do!

Acceptable religions of Edonil has dwindled down to Selvertarm and Lolth alone, iirc. "Traditional" Lolthite society is the present course things are on, which has lead to those who openly follow Kiaransalee being both equally and openly shunned as well.

Present imports:
Weapons and armor/adventuring supplies/deep-tunnel survival supplies.

City Size:
Small Town (Present population (Including Spiders/excluding Slaves) 1,218)

Present exports:
Spider Silk
Silk-based textiles
Elf-Blood Wine

Business:
High-end Low Economy.

Side note: House Ranks and the matrons have changed as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next