View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 19:50 PM 

Player

8) Guess who is taking head DMing of Edonil... Some of you may remember me hanging out in Edonil as Ascalon for the greater part of 2 years as a player. Some of you likely never even saw me. In any case, for better or for worse, I am turning my gaze on the Spider-Lovers and -their- Realm.

My IG Times: CST nights (save for Fridays) and almost any time on weekends.

Here is some of what you can expect to see from me. I:
•Intend to whip the houses into shape and see Edonil thrive in the fashion it was meant to. The course of this may force long-at-war houses into coalitions that see past their Quellar colors and gaze upon the greater picture of what Edonil can become. If need be, I am not beyond the introduction of NPC houses so that you can channel House vs House aggression and angst somewhere less obstructive to your fellow players. That said, Edonil will remain PC controlled so long as the PCs can work together.

•Promise 90% less direct interplay from Lolth and the rest of the pantheon save special occasions so as to keep things left to Player Merit and not so heavy on the 'hand of god' stuff.

•Plan on being active and solely on Bmia at least 2 nights a week (more if my schedule opens up a bit) and catering specifically to the Drow crowd.

What I need from you will be:
•A list of all active Drow houses in Edonil and the names of those in charge of them.

•Your patience as I transition into this position.

Tonight will be the first of my nights hanging out in the Night Below. Should be there in a little over 4 hours.
See you all in Game!

~Dust

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 21:17 PM 

Player

And the followers of shevarash will be there to stir the hornets nest, mark my words :)

Looking forward to your arrival dustspray.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 23:29 PM 

Player

Intriguing. I assume this doesn't change anything for L'Obsul in that we still rock out with ainjyll?

On a sidenote, my more urgent real life stuff should be sorted by the end of the day so hopefully I can be online more. =D

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

ainjyll

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 3:19 AM 

Player

I'm still available, yes.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 18:24 PM 

Player

DustSpray101 wrote:
What I need from you will be:
•A list of all active Drow houses in Edonil and the names of those in charge of them.

~Dust

First house - Tinnerai, Matron Mother & High Priestess Nizzre'tyne (Ust'Ilharess & Yath'tallar)

Second house - Sol'usek, Matron Mother & Priestess Rynae (Ilharesss & Yathrin)

Ussen d'Vhid is currently in flux as last I heard Velthura was not coming back. I've talked to house members about Ussen being a merchant or mercenary house but until they have a cleric of Lolth they can't be considered an official house. If they get a cleric it'll be Ussen d'Vhid as Third house. :)

Melee Magthere - Warlord Lo'milmar (Ul'Saruk)

Sorcere - Archmage Krrja (E'spdon or Ul'faeruk, not sure what Krrja is using)

Temple of Lolth, currently overseeing is Priestess Zah'lin'il (the High Preistess of the Temple needs to be a High Priestess so first one interested to take and pass the test will be in that position. Nizzre'tyne qualifies but since she's a first house matron mother I wanted to leave the High priestesss position to someone else :))

Please let me know if I got anything wrong or missed anything :)

//edit it's archmage, duh and added the drow names for warlord and archmage :)

ainjyll

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 24 2011, 2:49 AM 

Player

Just a notice about things that I've seen.... Illharessen are, by default, recognized as honorary yath'taller. This is pretty much Amia-specific lore (though there is non-specific FR lore that hints to this), so if there's been RP to discontinue this tradition, then so be it. It's just the way it always was since before I started Bree.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 24 2011, 6:12 AM 

Player

To my knowledge it was still the basic understanding that for all intensive purposes Ilharessen still counted as Honourary Yath'tallers. But that the "honourary" aspect of it was now more related to the house itself and that the individual characters still maintained their own separate rank in the temple as well, which would make it far simple to deal with if an Ilharess ever lost leadership of a house for some reason or another.

...At least thats what I'm going to say since its logical and there's no one currently playing the Ul'Yath'tallar to argue with me. :twisted:

Bravo21

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 24 2011, 8:20 AM 

Player

Even the lowest ranked Illharess outranks even the Ul'yathtallar. As well, the traditional requirements for an Illharess are very similar to that of Yath'tallar, so much so that being one, qualifies for the other.

Since there is currently no Ul'yath'tallar, a priestess could do the drow thing and take what is rightfully hers and run the temple...

-Krrja

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2011, 20:13 PM 

Player

Will be in at some point tonight.

Gremin

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 2:26 AM 

Player

Having just returned to the game after a long absence due to my health, I look forward to your interaction with the player base in the UD.

Unen

Duskryn

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 3:56 AM 

Player

From what I have understood from years ago, is that folks playing matrons, the matron characters must be at least 17 levels of cleric. Personally I think all matrons should be epic clerics at least :P, but that is my own opinion.

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Zanthair

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 4:02 AM 

Player

its 17 levels cleric because it gets level 9 spells, however there have been matrons with less than 17. Keep in mind that Lolth might not like a matron not entirely devoted to her, and might favor one who is more priestessly than another. or not, lolth is pretty crazy.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 4:27 AM 

Player

Lolth is not crazy, she is more whimsical who plants the seeds of her chaos carefully. Yes of course there have been people playing matrons with less than 17 cleric levels, however I am merely posting what was said here in the past on the server and also my own personal bias when it comes to proper drow priestess RP. Recently I have begun dusting off my old drow priestess, in order to get back into playing drow again, due to Amia's lack of proper evil drow :)

Yes Lolth may favor a priestess with less actual cleric levels, depending on what the priestess is doing. A good example of this was with Liriel Baenre from Daughter of the Drow. Due to Liriel's pranks, Lolth found amusement in them and granted her alot of favor. Had even through the course of that series even granted Liriel extreme powers as a punishment for betraying her. Mind you Liriel was a wizard/cleric :) Due to her father wanting her to learn magic, and Gromph certainly made that possible.

Also if the DM's don't mind I would like to suggest further reading to enhance drow RP here as well.

The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore
Legacy of the Drow by R.A. Salvatore
Starlight and Shadows by Elaine Cunningham
Drow of the Underdark (DnD pen and paper source book)
Faiths and Pantheons (great book to have at all times)
Also the 2nd Ed. Menzoberrenzan box set

Optional books
War of the Spider Queen Series
Lady Penitent Series (Only for a glimpse of relations between dieties of the drow pantheon)

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Estara

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 6:39 AM 

Player

It has gone through many changes many times over, ainjyll. (At least ICly, but that obviously affected OOC standpoints as well-- since it was effective ICly for more than a day or two at times.) Ilphdiira/Veh'dra/Shynt(Iforgettheendofthename)/others played Matrons that were lower levels than 17 and played Matrons that weren't recognized by the Temple officially, but claimed they were yath'tallaren, etc etc.

(Also, for a time, Elvinna'dris was Matron of Tinnerai when she wasn't 17 levels of cleric and was not recognized personally as a yath'tallar by... more than one Ul'athtallar, if I recall.)

It all depended on the time period. Houses started falling and there weren't enough a few times and such. Not that it necessarily matters in what they decide these days (I have no preference personally, and I'm not sure if any of you do), but I probably can even find forum mentions alluding to these times/arguments/scandals/standards if you really want it.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 6:41 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I reckon if a Matron player has the balls, an iron fist and the followers to back her claim, then they should have the position regardless of whether they are a cleric or not.

In the end, its all about who has more ambition and the more exposed back is it not?

[edit]

Also, the Honourary title is a little lame for the following reason: the Temple is a public faction, the House is a different faction altogether. Both are separate entities and although I respect that Matrons have a bit of pull, I think it is unfair to the rest of the playerbase that because of such they are thrown to the top tier of a second faction simply because they run their own house show. Matrons should either a) squabble up the ladder like everyone else, b) be totally exempt from the Temple rankings and be recognised as a Matron or c) have their own separate ranking altogether that makes them both honourary but exempt.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

P Three

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 9:43 AM 

DM

I back Galenson on that. One house (I think it was Barrison del Armgo) was noted for NOT having priestesses, but employing psionics instead.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Duskryn

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 10:06 AM 

Player

P Three wrote:
I back Galenson on that. One house (I think it was Barrison del Armgo) was noted for NOT having priestesses, but employing psionics instead.

Very wrong P, it was Obladra (forgive my spelling at the moment its 3 am and can't sleep) that was the psionic house and their matron was still a cleric of Lolth. However with them was that the matron wasn't totally loyal to Lolth and in the time of troubles she pretty much said, "F Lolth". This can be found in the book "Siege of Darkness" which goes into that part greatly, and this was in the Time of Troubles.

Also Galenson I agree with you on players backing their matron ;)

P Three

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 10:18 AM 

DM

Oblodra. *Nod* K'yorl or something led them. But the F Lolth is still important.

Yee-haw!

ainjyll

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 13:14 PM 

Player

Rules: PLAYER FACTIONS wrote:
:!: Some factions require leaders whose builds are suitable for the position: Llothite Matron Mothers must have a final build of 17 cleric levels (though you need not have reached it yet), and leaders of other religious groups or churches are subject to similar expectations. An Arch Druid must be a druid, and so on.

I really, really, really wish you guys would read the rules.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 14:56 PM 

Player

Ah ok thanks :) Thought it was something about 17 cleric levels lol. Also I do hope to see more Lolthites start being played again here :)

Didi

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 15:14 PM 

Player

Veh'dra was 23 levels of cleric for the vast majority of her career, and only less than 17 when she had less than this in total. Ilphdiira was 27 levels. Shyntiira was aiming at being an epic cleric, but did not yet have sufficient levels. Veh'dra was always recognised as a yathtallar, being the first in Amia to hold that title and having plenty of evidence of Lolth's favour to back it up. Shyntiira never claimed to be a yathtallar, but always strived to be recognised for the title. Ilphdiira, as far as I know, never played a matron but was for a long time the Ulathtallar of Ultrinnan.

As far as the separation of rank in the temple from rank as Matron, this was a relatively recent Amia specific change, which revolved mostly around the power struggles between Velthura, Shyntiira and Kos'erae Tinnerai's Ulathtallar. Because Shyntiira was lower level, by controlling her advancement within the temple and making an issue of her lack of temple ranking, she was prevented from becoming a noble. The strategy possibly backfired when Velthura's own ranking within the temple was reverted to yath'abban following a dispute with the High Priestess. Veh'dra herself always disputed the differentiation between house and temple ranking, insisting on being called her higher title of matron at all times.

With no Ulathtallar in place, it is entirely up to current role play as to how the power and status struggle between temple and house ranking works out, but I returned very briefly to prevent a small sliver of Underdark history being warped oocly. Icly of course, history belongs as ever to those who survive. Good luck with the new job, Dustspray!

Estara

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 17:45 PM 

Player

Ainjyll? It says you need not have reached it yet. In the rules you quoted. :) I really wish you'd read them too. ;)

Didi, I mistyped some there. I meant that you and Ilphdiira made IC rules about how Matrons weren't "honorary yath'tallaren." Your characters would not recognize Elvinna'dris and (I believe it was still you at certain times) Shynt'iira as "honorary yath'tallaren" for some of their Matron careers. I did not mean to say that either of you were Matrons when you weren't level 17. I have no idea about that. Was attempting to state that you were involved in IC RP that didn't conform to what Ainjyll was saying. It was late when I was typing that and I was tired. :( Sorry!

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 27 2011, 20:58 PM 

Player

First, a HUGE *HUGGLE* to Dustspray for visiting Edonil last night. It was awesome to see shouts from (DM) Lolth - scary but awesome!

Next, regarding Yath'tallar, Nizzre'tyne is lvl 27 cleric of Lolth. Because I believe that if one wants to be a Matron Mother one should have a lot of favor with Lolth. The tests that we're giving coincide with the previous requirements. They are made so that you must be a level 17 cleric to attain the rank of Yath'tallar.

After the former Ul'ath'tallar Velthura left her position, Nizzre'tyne tested all active clerics of Lolth. They all passed to the ranks they wanted to be tested for. The Yathrins have the Yath'tallar test information so they can study. When they are ready they will be tested. At least as long as Nizzre'tyne is around. She's not a supporter of holding back testing.

@ Galensen - I think this is a case of not synching up with the terms being used. A Matron Mother is a term specific to priestesses of Lolth. In order to be a "ranked" house in Edonil the leader (Matron Mother) must be a cleric of Lolth.

This is not to say that you can't be the leader of a merchant house or a mercenary house or whatever house in Edonil. And then you wouldn't have to be a cleric of Lolth in which case you would not be referred to as a Matron Mother. You could make up your own leader title and as long as you can get others to refer to your character then you're golden. :)

"May I present Honored Bad-arse Golden Tooth of Danger, Leader of Mercenary house Dagger-in-your-eye."

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 5:06 AM 

Player

Estara wrote:
Ainjyll? It says you need not have reached it yet. In the rules you quoted. :) I really wish you'd read them too. ;)

Didi, I mistyped some there. I meant that you and Ilphdiira made IC rules about how Matrons weren't "honorary yath'tallaren." Your characters would not recognize Elvinna'dris and (I believe it was still you at certain times) Shynt'iira as "honorary yath'tallaren" for some of their Matron careers. I did not mean to say that either of you were Matrons when you weren't level 17. I have no idea about that. Was attempting to state that you were involved in IC RP that didn't conform to what Ainjyll was saying. It was late when I was typing that and I was tired. :( Sorry!

You're nit picking, Estara. The comment was meant more for those who were nay-saying the need of cleric in matron characters.

P Three

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 5:34 AM 

DM

I've read the rules, Ainjyll. I just don't happen to agree with it. Just like I don't agree with other various and sundry rules here and elsewhere, because no one agrees with everything. I personally think it'd be neat to see a house run by something else, because it breaks up the same-same-same. But that's just me.

Yee-haw!

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 5:36 AM 

Player

Haha. I assumed it was directed at everyone, since it had no direct reply. I'm sorry for that. Still seems a bit purposefully condescending for a reason I must be missing, even if it wasn't directed at me. *le shrug* Looking at P Three's post there.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 6:17 AM 

Player

P Three wrote:
I've read the rules, Ainjyll. I just don't happen to agree with it. Just like I don't agree with other various and sundry rules here and elsewhere, because no one agrees with everything. I personally think it'd be neat to see a house run by something else, because it breaks up the same-same-same. But that's just me.

It says that if you wish to have a Lolthite House you need a matron with the cleric levels because... Well because that is how Lolthite society works, you're not "supposed" to have lots of power unless you are loyal to Loth aka a Yath.

Now that isn't to say you couldn't have a drow trade faction or a mercenary faction it just means that Lolthite Houses have to be run by Yath... Which makes sense.

(It also notes that other groups with similarly close ties to a diety or group are to follow similar guidelines.)

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 6:32 AM 

Player

This is not a discussion. Matron Mothers have cleric levels. On Amia, we require that they have 17 levels of Cleric by lvl 28 (ECL 30). You are all welcome to your opinions about it, but I stand by those rules and that is how I intend to recognize Matron Mothers.

W1shM4k3r

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 6:41 AM 

Player

The drows are back so will my charracters!!!

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 20 2011, 19:22 PM 

Player

Going to be a busy Sunday afternoon/evening CST time for Drow Town. ;) all I will say due to potential spoilers.

Karelg

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 21 2011, 11:56 AM 

Player

Hope I can get on >.< School has been leeching time though.

Karelg

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 23 2011, 18:19 PM 

Player

Actually, count me out. :/ It's going to be far to late ( Or early depending on your view. ) for me. Why must all you Drow be non european! Ah well, I'll try to get on.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 24 2011, 3:06 AM 

Player

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=61277

GolbezLunar

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 25 2011, 22:56 PM 

Player

NOW THIS,

Is interesting stuff. :) A cheeky wizard my have to make an appearance.

https://theaccursedisland.enjin.com/mobile

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 10 2011, 2:10 AM 

Player

Bump

What ya gonna do PL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFQoBC-KvU

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2011, 22:19 PM 

Player

I will not be in game from Thursday (two days from now)-Saturday of next week save for popping in to run my Alt Beginnings thing this coming Saturday. RL reasons are to blame.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 16 2011, 13:52 PM 

Player

However, as fate would have it, I'm feeling quite recovered from my recent bout with Zombie Flu (I had a fever of over 100 to start then it dropped to 96), so I'll be around if anything is needed.

GolbezLunar

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 16 2011, 15:22 PM 

Player

I PM'ed you Bree.

https://theaccursedisland.enjin.com/mobile

AngelicReaper

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2011, 15:38 PM 

Player

Looks like I have my work cut to make u my slave again :twisted:

Braller Thunderbeard: The Dwarven mini-Jesus with a porn star name. Blasphemous.
Dante: "He is likely to heal you as he is likely to smite you."

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 20:56 PM 

Player

Going to get in tonight I think.

Gondor

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 21:19 PM 

Player

I'm going to be glad when my exams are over so I can join you Silent ;)

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 21:41 PM 

Player

Silent? O.o

Gondor

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 21:44 PM 

Player

I'm not thinking straight :(

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 23:29 PM 

Player

(burn)

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 23:55 PM 

Player

Ahahahahaha *points at Dusty and laughs?*

AngelicReaper

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:19 AM 

Player

Naivatkal wrote:
(burn)

Double burn....

Braller Thunderbeard: The Dwarven mini-Jesus with a porn star name. Blasphemous.
Dante: "He is likely to heal you as he is likely to smite you."

Greyfreth

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2012, 23:14 PM 

Player

17 clr levels was laid down as law a long long time ago by the dm staff to be a house matron. Specifically it didn't matter what level they were when they took the throne so long as the end build included 17 clr levels. Its was often best to already have those levels to fight off any challengers or to win if you were the chalanger. Never saw a dm make any obvious considerations for epic clr matrons over non epic. If they did it wasn't public knowledge. Current matrons just need to discuss with each other and choose a clr to become the ulyathtallar. If she fails she's spider food and another is chosen.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2012, 23:20 PM 

Player

? Where'd that come from...

Correct though! 17 cleric minimum by max level to be able to be a matron. Can you be an ECL 4 matron? Sure! Just be ready if someone wants to take the title from you.

Greyfreth

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2012, 23:25 PM 

Player

Was keeping tabs on smart phone that aparently was to dumb to load entire thread first time around, so I answered what was already answered. Ill go back to observing from the fringes now :)

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2012, 23:27 PM 

Player

No worries. Happens to me too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next