View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 04 2012, 19:52 PM 

Player

Ul’ath’tallar Nizzre’tyne steps from the portal effect and is seen gliding regally through the market place to stand above it next to the guard there. She lifts her arms in a dramatic fashion and with a power filled voice, a confident voice she speaks.

“Citizens of the Mighty Queen Lolth!” She pauses to allow them to gather.

“I shall not post little pieces of parchment and lecture you attempting to incite a riot. I serve Lolth. And I will ask you. Whom is the superior race? Drow! Yet not just drow, our Queens drow. Those whom are faithful to Lolth, our savior, our Mighty Queen. Any whom do not serve our Queen are weak and She tells us the weak must be culled. Are any other races above us? Above you?!”

“No!” She exclaims firmly.

“What of rivvil?” This time she leans forward and pauses to allow those gathered to join her in shouting the obvious answer.

“No!”

“What of dwarf?” Again a slight pause and invitation to shout with her.

“No!”

“What of aasimar?” And again that pause and invitation.

“No!”

“What of dragon kin?” She has done her best to get them all to join in on the obvious answer and shouts louder and more firmly and confidently with any who join in.

“NO!” She allows the shout to echo and die down just a bit.

“The Spider Guard are not mine they are Lolths. The Temple not mine it is Lolths. The attack on the Temple was an attack on Lolth Herself.” Allows a moment for that to sink in. “Why do I know this? Because our Glorious Goddess’s Yath’tallar were not /in/ the Temple. We were in the Abyss. And why were we in the Abyss? Because Ust’Ilharess Maral Tinnerai demanded she meet me there. Do you find it interesting that she supports an attack on our Queens Temple /knowing/ the Ul’ath’tallar would not be there? I do.”

“Our Queen in her infinite wisdom allows the lesser to spout lies in order to use them to TEST us.” She pauses briefly and lets /that/ sink in.

“Will we fall to the lie that we, as drow, are not the superior race? NO!” Her shout is firm and confident.

“Miz’ri would like you to believe you are less than Lolth says you are. In order to appear as a dragon kin, as she does at this very moment, Miz’ri had to have /chosen/ dragon kin over drow. Not once but several times. Miz’ri believes that our Queens is wrong, that our Queens infallible wisdom is wrong. Miz’ri believes that dragon kin is the superior race.” Her tone mixed anger and astonishment.

“I ask you again….who is the superior race?” She pauses to give them time to shout an answer then shouts loudly, proudly. “DROW!” Lifts her arms in a dramatic gesture.

"We are being tested citizens. And you must ask yourselves...” Her intense priestess gaze moves over those gathered, her voice goes softer so many may need to step closer. “Are you willing to believe the lie and tell Lolth to Her face that her wisdom is wrong?” She allows that to hang in the air for just a moment. Her volume picks up so that she can be heard quite a distance, the power of a Ul’ath’tallar vibrating the air.

“I ….AM…..NOT!”

"My blood is LOLTHS, my life is LOLTHS and by the silk webs of our Goddess my very soul will be Lolths for eternity! I am our Queens devoted Ul’ath’tallar and NEVER will I do anything to bring Her wrath down upon myself.” She pauses dramatically and again softens her voice but manages to keep the volume.

“Will you?”

Ul'ath'tallar Nizzre'tyne then glides down to the market level and with the power granted her by Lolth she chants and blesses all those gathered.

http://daylight3.zoomshare.com/files/Nizzre_Sermon.jpg

Last edited by Fierene Havenstar on Thu, Apr 05 2012, 16:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 04 2012, 21:16 PM 

Player

There was one such person present during the Ul’ath’tallar's speech, having caught it during a pass through the City of Webs. She was tall, armored, and stood unhelmed with a look of mingled pride and contempt. Though as Nizzre’tyne began to speak she looked up, a curious expression crossing her face as she watched from farther back than most. A slight nod would be given every once in awhile during her words, and though she raised not her voice upon the priestess' final question, her prideful eyes burned into the image of the drow who stood high and she straightened imperceptibly at the Ul’ath’tallar's words.

Once it was over, that mysterious drow turned away, deigning to separate herself from the commoners and citizens of Edonil. Were one to notice, they would catch sight of Lolth's symbol hanging from around her neck.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Gremin

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 05 2012, 6:04 AM 

Player

Il'haress Tal'Vyrae, deeply disguised amongst the commoners, listens intently and nodding in agreement as the Ul'Ath'Tallar gives her sermon. She walks away when the sermon ends, deep in thought but aware of her surroundings.

As she leaves the gates she mumbles "This shall be an interesting few cycles indeed."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]