View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
merdock77

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 14:41 PM 

Player

This is completely ooc. My Character Doli BloodAxe was fighting his way through ogres and duergars. Then he found himself in L'Obsul. Would an above ground dwarf be able to walk into L'Obsul without being noticed even with his helmet on? How would the drow react to what looks like an out of place duegar waltzing in? I wasn't sure how to react rp wise to this or should have I just stayed away? I had my dwarf go into the mines since he was looking for metal anyways and tried to rp that way.

Just wanted to know what he would have normally encountered from the drow? Hard to tell if there are drow Guards about or if the drow would notice the dwarf and taken interest?

I have very little knowledge of drow and not sure how to rp this.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 15:35 PM 

Player

I think L'Obsul is kind of like the UD version of Wiltun. I've never been clear on how it works, but to me it seems like a place where you can go, but expect to be treated aggressively if found out. So harsher than Wiltun, even? Hah.

I don't really know, though.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 15:54 PM 

Player

Up to House Zau'tar (ie the DM's :)) would be my thought.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 15:54 PM 

Player

L'Obsul is a hub for all UD races, not just the Drow. Duergar, smurfs, drow and so on all make their home there. So, Doli would probably get a few stray nasty looks, but nothing too bad. Edonil is the drow town and if Doli found his way there, he'd most likely no enjoy the outcome, but L'Obsul is fine.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 15:56 PM 

Player

ainjyll wrote:
L'Obsul is a hub for all UD races, not just the Drow. Duergar, smurfs, drow and so on all make their home there. So, Doli would probably get a few stray nasty looks, but nothing too bad. Edonil is the drow town and if Doli found his way there, he'd most likely no enjoy the outcome, but L'Obsul is fine.

And so that goes for all surface/UD races?

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 16:21 PM 

Player

Yes.

While Underport is the usual choice for people wishing to do trade with the Underdark, due to its location in the Upperdark, those that do eventually work further down to the Middledark in the Northdark Region can find L'Obsul about equally hospitable as it too is a trade hub.

Fair warning though: Surfacers that do make their way to the Middledark are expected to understand how to behave by the denizens of said strata. Those that don't, often face consequences that are much more severe than a meager slap on the wrist.

merdock77

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 16:44 PM 

Player

hmmm I'll have to see where this goes since Doli found the crystal node in L'Obsul and may continue to use the mines.

Netninja543

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 20:02 PM 

Player

merdock77 wrote:
hmmm I'll have to see where this goes since Doli found the crystal node in L'Obsul and may continue to use the mines.
Would it not be safe to presume that the duergar would have a more hostile view on him than, say, any of the rest of the races?

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 21:06 PM 

Player

Bitter would be the most appropriate term I would use and yes. L'Obsul is ruled by a council though, so unless they make a ruling stating otherwise, the Duergar would simply need to endure it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]