View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21 2012, 8:15 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

Without much fanfare, with hardly a whisper on the cavern air currents, the Temple of Lolth in Edonil bore witness to the arrival of Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath and her first trial before Lolth. Having ascended to the rank of Yath'abban... for now... the young Ilharess made her way to the rooms she shared with her consort, Zah'har, a few remaining members of the once great Que'llar d'Vilrath, and a few slaves. Her tone abrupt as she spoke to Zah'har of the outcome of the trial, though she did not share any secrets of it with a mere male. We have gained the recognition of the Temple, but it is up to us to gain the recognition of the houses. Dark violet eyes leveled on him as she spoke, It would not be the first time I've had to take what is mine, would it, d'anthe? She smiles coldly as she thinks of her mother and older sister, how they had underestimated her, treating her like they had, and how she had deceived them with her seeming satisfaction... It wasn't until she'd asked for Zah'har as a reward for saving Me'na's life that they began to suspect.... then it was far, far too late.

It did not seem so long ago... but it was nearly ten years ago....

Me'na had hated her for saving her, for Tagnik'zur's action had only exposed how weak Me'na truly was, weakness that no amount of cruelty or bravado could cover once it was exposed; Me'na lacked cunning, a vital aspect and trait needed in an Ilharess to keep a house successful and from being forgotten. Tagnik'zur's thoughts shifted to her mother, Alak'vyrr, and a brief flicker of respect, quickly concealed, crossed her face, followed by scorn... Alak'vyrr had promised Tagnik'zur anything she wanted for the safe return of Me'na, Alak'vyrr had made the mistake of promising this in front of the whole house and her show of favor for Me'na instead of leaving her to her fate had cost her with the rest of the house. Tagnik'zur could not have asked for a better opportunity, she'd been thinking on how to accomplish her goal, and this was just too good to pass up, a prime chance to begin taking what was hers. Her eyes drifted over to Zah'har as he studied his books and scrolls; they had thought her a simple warrior, this played into Tagnik'zur's hands perfectly, as she was far more than simple, though a capable fighter, that was not all there was to her talents.

After Alak'vyrr's passing, Tagnik'zur did not challenge Me'na right off, she left the house to slowly deteriorate under her sister's rule, all the while Tagnik'zur was learning the ways of Lolth's Chosen, when Tagnik'zur finally felt comfortable with her new found knowledge she waited and watched as the Que'llar became more and more demoralized.

The cycle seemed to start normal enough, at least until one opened the great doors to the Ilharess' chambers. Blood splashed the walls, the floor, the furniture; standing in the middle, covered in blood herself, stood Tagnik'zur. Kicking the side of Me'na's decapitated head,
That is for being weak, for weakening the Que'llar with your weakness... we will suffer it no longer. Brutally, Tagnik'zur slew Me'na's two daughters, and enslaved her son, ending Me'na's weak bloodline.

Her thoughts return to present...

Zah'har, d'anthe, come here. The wizard stood up almost immediately on hearing her speak his name, moving over to where she sat, he bowed respectfully, though he did not keep his eyes lowered, a privilege she allowed him even in public. I spoke with E'spdon Irae'arra of the Sorcere, I told her you would have my permission to receive what training they would give you and to accept offers of items to enhance your abilities, this meets with your approval. It was not a question, and he knew it, she knew that he knew it too, as he merely nodded waiting to be dismissed, with a wave of her hand he returned to his desk and studies.

Picking up a quill she began to pen the names of those that had come with them;

• Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath
    • Ilharn Zah'har d'Vilrath
      • Ust'Dalharil Sashin d'Vilrath (still an infant)
    • Vyk'zlade d'Vilrath ~ Jalil
    • Vreg'nth d'Vilrath ~ Jaluk

With an annoyed frown she looked at the small numbers, thinking, but then Tagnik'zur was always thinking, there was very little she did not do deliberately.
We'll find a way to regain numbers... in time. Zah'har looked up from his desk at the sound of her voice, after a moment to make sure she was not speaking to him, he turned back to his studies.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 02 2012, 10:57 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

A small smile slowly curved her lips, before disappearing as she made more notes on the sheet of parchment listing the Que'llar members;

Llarnbuss Que'llar d'Che'el d'Cressen, d'Vilrath:

(L'd’Vilrath insignia marking them as third ranked among Edonil’s Noble Que’llaren, an obsidian spider with ruby eyes and a ruby hourglass on its abdomen; the one Tagnik’zur wears is trimmed with gold, the insignia of d’Vilrath’s Ilharess, Zah’har’s is trimmed in silver twined with gold, the insignia of d’Vilrath’s Ilharn, the rest of the house would be trimmed in silver.)

Yathrin Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath
  • Ilharn E'spdon Zah'har d'Vilrath
    • Ust'Dalharil Sashin d'Vilrath
      • Vel'xunyrruk Kha'less d'Vilrath
      • Vyk'zlade d'Vilrath ~ Jalil
      • Vreg'nth d'Vilrath ~ Jaluk

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]