View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 20 2013, 14:39 PM 

Player

(DM Response appreciated)

Ulviir'Aufein requests to use one of the three boats that took the refugees from Edonil out around the lake. He inquires as to whom is responsible for the boats.
He also seeks a few commoners who know basic fishing and requests a few nets. One or two soldiers of the vanguard are also asked to accompany, in case the skum surrounding the Isle pose a problem.
He also asks around for a shipwright, Somebody who knows the basics of building boats.

Quote:
Later in the week i, Ulviir'Aufein, wishes to take one of the boats out around Nec'Perya to look for the best places to fish.(If there even is any fish here) At the same time i desire one or two vanguard members (Npc's or PC's) along with me in case we get problems with the previous residents, The filthy Skum.

The agenda is to find the closest shore and explore the possibility of adding a Cable ferry to and from Nec'Perya, and while going out on the waters i want to see if there anything fishable in these murky waters. I am being told we have had no success in fishing since the skum scares everything away. The idea from a cable ferry came from exploring the surface around the swoard coast.

Food is scarce in the underdark, and many town and city have fallen out of grace because they are not self sufficient when it comes to food. Nec'Perya only have a small mushroom supply as i know of and no supply lines establishes, nor any trade-contracts agreed upon. We move to and from the isle by portal, Whilst not everybody posess a portalrod, not to mention how few boats we have.

On the topic of boats i also requests a decent shipwright whom can support me in providing for a naval fleet for nec'pereya. This town desperatedly need a few fishing boats and/or a few warships.

-Ulviir'Aufein d'Vilrath

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Fri, Aug 16 2013, 10:48 AM, edited 2 times in total.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 22 2013, 22:31 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

*message for Ulviir*
Usstan suggest dos collaborate with Emrys and the Barge Captain (NPC, Dusty) for ideas and what will best work. It is a bwael idea though.

~Ust'Ilharess d'Nec'perya, Yath'allar Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 23 2013, 5:47 AM 

Player

A small notice is pinned to the original notice.

See Zah'har or myself to cast antipathy on the barge before going out to minimise the number of skum that may attack your ship.

Naltyrr
Herald of Knowledge

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 23 2013, 22:16 PM 

Player

Since the approval of the Ilharess of house d'Vilrath, the middle-aged drow sought it fit to keep up the phase now that the leader of his house stood behind him. One of the three ships which took the refugees of edonil to Nec'pereya is loaded up with a small portion of foodstuffs for three days or less. The Herald of Knowledge is sent after and a request for Antipacy runes to be scribed onto the shell of the ship is put forth, an attempt to hopefully keep local residents, skum, out of the picture.

The sorcerer still looked for a drow capable of seafare, underdark seafare, and five-six sailors accompanied by some manpower from the vanguard. A few letters had gone out to the commander of the Vanguard, requesting their 'presence' most humbly.
Hopefully the small expedition could set out its oars and row out into the dark waters... If only he had a captain?

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 23 2013, 22:22 PM 

Player

A letter also goes out to the drow wizards of the vanguard with a strange inquiry.

Quote:
To any willing wizard of the vanguard collective.

The small expedition are in need of a navigator to;
A - Set out course towards L'obsul.
B - Make sure we can return to nec'pereya
C - Help us find the closest shoreline
D - Determine how far away from the 'Coast' Nec'pereya lies.

It is believed all of this can be soled via the spell Locate Object to determine direction to and from certain points of origin.

Help rewarded generously.
Together we make a new milestone for Lloth's chosen children

Lloth tu malla
Ulviir'aufein d'Vilrath

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 15:20 PM 

Player

Two of the barges still sat out in the deep water, the third sat beached in the shallows awaiting repairs.

((Let's try to work on this in game this weekend))

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 11:07 AM 

Player

Quote:
Update regarding ship project.

Currents.
    Some issues have arisen mainly the fact that any ships that set sail out from L'obsul towards nec'pereya cannot return due to strong currents.
    The ships need something to battle the current in order to return to their point of origin.

Trade routes to/from Nec'pereya
    A new mission agenda has been discussed. We need to try mapping out a ship route to and from Underport. This can also be difficult due to strong currents.

Currents
    Questions have also arisen as to where these currents are coming from.

Ship status and durability
    There is no update on the ship's status. Two barges sit out in deeper water properly anchored and one near the dock awaiting repairs. No progress have been made.

Cable ferry
    The idea of adding a cable ferry seem impossible due to the distances to and from the closest shoreline. We are, truly, alone on an island in a massive underdark ocean.

Fishing and securing food
    No progress have been made in the fishing department. The number of skum still hampers all efforts in throwing out nets and/or fishing with rod.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 15:06 PM 

Player

*assuming the previous post was made public*
With great respect Honored Brother,
I feel the need to point out what we already know concerning the treachery of the Black Waterway and how it interacts with this cavern and the greater waterways of the Underdark. I ask leniency if this is at all confusing as command over the written word is not where the Dread Queen has granted this lowly spider his gifts.

L'Obsul is linked to Underport by means of a lock system that takes ships from the lower sea L'Obsul sits near in the Middle Dark and allows ships to pass to the Upper Dark with the massive expanse that joins to Underport and back. Both water ways have a discernible salt taste to them.

The Black Waterway is a mostly unmapped, downward flowing river that brings us to the edge of what we assume to be the Lower Dark. The 'start' of the Black is located near L'Obsul and flows gently at first. It flows past the former dock of the ruined caverns of Edonil and the current proceeds to pick up speed from there as the tunnel dips slightly more drastically. Following this route, you come to a fork that is illuminated by Faerzress. Following the slightly more web-like vein to the left, you reach the entrance to the cavern containing Nec'perya. The Black Waterway continues to flow at an incline beyond the lip of the cavern, and we know not where but that it descends into the Lower Dark.

At the mouth of Nec'perya's cavern, some of the river's flow finds itself diverted. This has given rise to the ring-like current that surrounds the island. This ring-current is significantly weaker than the swift Black Waterway's own, which has allowed us to simply make due within the cavern using only poles and oars.

A member of my crew studied under a cartographer for a short time and has been set to the task of providing a map so that this is easier visualized.

*The signature is ornate and flowing*
Captain Xy'tul of the Nec'perya Vessel: Spider Bearer

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2013, 10:47 AM 

Player

Quote:
Sailing upstreams.

In light of Captain Xy'tul's written statement suggestions are welcome as to how we are to modify our vessels to sail upstream. Be it by magic, cable or just plenty of oars.

We must establish waterway transport to and from Underport and L'obsul as soon as possible if nec'pereya is to flourish as a settlement.

Ulviir'aufein of d'Vilrath

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:48 AM 

Player

A missive is directed towards Ulviir'aufein.

Ulviir'aufein of House Vilrath

Completion of your project will be the highest priority for the Vanguard as it is essential to keep Nec'perya well supplied and provisioned with the resources it needs, you are commended for the initiative you have displayed so far.

Firstly it has come to my attention that we require a drydock to make any upgrades to the our barges, to that end we'll need to establish one. Attached is a map of the settlement, my current preference as to where we shall set up a drydock is at G1-G2 as it is close to one of our watch towers and will not obstruct traffic within the settlement. To 'construct' this drydock, all we need to do is to dig a sloping ramp into the sea and on to land so that we can simply pull the ship on to land where we can do the necessary upgrades.

I will inscribe the antipathy runes on the ship myself, we have three wizards who are capable enough to do the Locate Object task to find our way to L'Obsul and Underport so that leaves having the vessel capable of traversing our waters in the first place to do. Concerning the other upgrades, we can add sails as per Emry's suggestion and use conjured air elementals to blow air into them to drive the barge onwards. We have jabbressen skilled in weaving silk, so they can prepare the sails. Acquiring oars and getting the crew, or slaves, to row as well is also something to consider.

Beyond that, I suggest finding out what other underdark ships use to sail their ships. The Vanguard can immediately start work on preparing a drydock and perhaps the sails as well, though as you first spearheaded this project I wish to hear your thoughts in person or by letter.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 11:52 AM 

Player

A return missive is posted in public.
Quote:

Lord commander Naltyrr

Your response makes me glad. There has yet been anybody who share my point of view on the matters at hand, especially my opinion that unless we establish proper trade routes this settlement will not survive the coming years.
Your suggesting to scribe runes of Antipathy runes is a sound suggestion and it should be done as soon as possible to protect our ships(barges).

When it comes to your suggestion regarding a drydock i counter you suggestion with the below;
C 12-13
D 12-13
E 12-13

There is a natural gulf near the dockside which we only need to construct a lock in. A wall made out of steel, wood or stone which we lower and then we fill buckets and empty them in the ocean around us (Or Pump it out of we figure out a good way)
Then we do not need to use manpower to drag the boats up and down somewhere. We just empty the water-lock and make necessary repairs. ( Pictures and reference )

Keeping it closer to the dock will perhaps enable us to move ships to and from dry-dock faster from the port instead of going around to the south side of the settlement.

-------------

* Emry's suggestion seems to be one of two viable options. Either we make use of sails and wind elementals to push the boats forward with windpower or we make use of Water elementals or something similar that 'Pushes' our boats forward and upstreams.
Binding elementals by the use of a permanency spell.

What is interesting is that Gust of wind can be combined with a permanency spell 'Possibly' creating a "Fake wind"

Other solutions:
    With the wind behind you, no problem. With the wind against you, 4 possibilities:

1) Tack; most vessels, especially if fore-and-aft rigged, which river boats usually were, can sail at a wide angle into the wind; in a wide river, one can thus go from side to side, put about and go back towards the other side, constantly gaining headway. You sail in a zig-zag pattern.

2) Club-hauling. Sail across the wind, getting up speed; at the end of the run, drop all sails, turn upwind, and coast for as long as possible. Then up sails and do it all again.

3) If the worst comes to the worst, kedging. Put a small anchor in a boat, send the boat upstream to the length of your cable, drop the anchor, haul in on the cable until you reach the anchor. Meanwhile, the boat has gone ahead with another anchor, and the process can be repeated. ( Picture and reference )

4) If the river is not very wide, tow with horses or oxen (or, in many cases, the wife) from the bank. You basically pull the ship upstream. This is not really possible in the underdark due to the narrow passages.

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Sun, Aug 18 2013, 12:09 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 12:01 PM 

Player

An additional poster is put up in Public view.

Quote:

The Ideal ship solution for nec'pereya

The ideal ship solution consists of X number of spells used.
    - Permanency being the glue that holds everything together.
    - Gust of wind acting as a fake wind for the ships/barges.
    - Dancing Lights to provide light in the dark passageways.
    - Antipathy that acts as the repelling force against hostile waterliving creatures (Much like two magnets with the same polarity)
    - Animate objects to give life to oars and provide increased power in rough waters.

This would be the ideal ship solution for nec'pereya,

Warning!
      But a single dispel would ruin the ship.
      (Permanency: Spells cast on other creatures, objects, or locations are vulnerable to Dispell magic as normal. )

Travis

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 13:11 PM 

Player

Proposal for Vessel Propulsion System mark I

I propose that we use adapted flesh golems to power two water wheels at either side of our vessels. The golems will consist of an anchorage point and two arms specially designed to efficiently operate crankshafts which will rotate the wheels in turn. The golem will be given the simple tasks of moving its arms forwards or backwards at varying degrees of power, or remaining stationary.

In my proposal, the nucleus of the golem will be stored at the base of the creation, anchored to the ship by encouraging muscle growth around a secured lattice frame of bolted and fused bars.

The golem propulsion arms will only be capable of moving forward and backward, so muscle growth can be concentrated on these two functions. The forearms must not be rigidly connected to the propulsion arms so that they are always at the correct angle to either push or pull as they rotate around the crankshaft. The arm ends will encircle the crankshaft with enough room for the shaft to rotate smoothly without shifting. Friction between the flesh and the shaft will generate a lot of heat at high speeds and the whole thing could burn out if the golems are not constructed from a creature with natural resistance to heat. Additionally, a stream of water should be pumped through the hull to act as lubricant and coolant.

If more power is required, lengthen the crankshaft and incorporate an additional golem along it or increase muscle mass of the propulsion arms. The potential propulsion could far exceed conventional methods, achieving incredible speeds. However, I predict that the higher the speed attained, the more unstable the vessel will become as differing water levels at each paddle wheel will affect its performance. A safe compromise between speed and stability must be reached and maintained.

Steering can be accomplished by allowing the wheels to operate independently of each other. Using the wheels at different speeds and even in opposite directions will grant high manoeuvrability.

I’m not sure if it is possible as I have no understanding of magic, but it would be ideal if a ‘remote controller’ could be constructed which any layman could manipulate to control the golem, thus negating the risk of relying on a magic-user at all times.

Constructing the frames, crankshafts and wheels out of steel would be the cheapest feasible option, whilst mithril would be the lightest and fastest, and adamantine the most durable. I will commence drawing up designs if requested.

Signed,
Victyr

Addendum: I suggest flesh golems as we have them in abundance, though constructing the golem from metal would be more efficient.

Last edited by Travis on Sun, Aug 18 2013, 14:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 14:01 PM 

Player

A missive is sent to Ulviir'aufein once more.

A dry dock like that would be ideal to have but there is a number of issues in its implementation, namely the complexity and the complications it will entail. Simply put, we don't have the resources or time to build that unless you can devise and quickly complete said water lock in five cycles.

The dry dock at G1-G2 will be temporary, once the settlement has the resources it needs, we can pour our efforts into building a drydock worthy of Nec'perya. Right now, time is of the essence in securing a stable lifeline for our settlement. Manpower in dragging the barge ashore will not be a problem, we can easily summon something to do that.

I'll sort out the dry dock. You have six cycles to formulate and present a final plan for the necessary upgrades and what resources we will need to finish them, if this time is insufficient then inform me. I can certainly be flexible with deadlines, but your work so far tells me you already have a solid grasp on what needs to be done.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

A separate missive is sent to Victyr.

Victyr

The fact that your plan is a plausible one tells me you've wasted your talents as another sword swinger.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

// Yes I edited this a few times while you creepers were probably reading and maybe already responding to it.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 14:42 PM 

Player

Travis wrote:
Proposal for Vessel Propulsion System mark I

I propose that we use adapted flesh golems to power two water wheels at either side of our vessels. The golems will consist of an anchorage point and two arms specially designed to efficiently operate crankshafts which will rotate the wheels in turn. The golem will be given the simple tasks of moving its arms forwards or backwards at varying degrees of power, or remaining stationary.

In my proposal, the nucleus of the golem will be stored at the base of the creation, anchored to the ship by encouraging muscle growth around a secured lattice frame of bolted and fused bars.

The golem propulsion arms will only be capable of moving forward and backward, so muscle growth can be concentrated on these two functions. The forearms must not be rigidly connected to the propulsion arms so that they are always at the correct angle to either push or pull as they rotate around the crankshaft. The arm ends will encircle the crankshaft with enough room for the shaft to rotate smoothly without shifting. Friction between the flesh and the shaft will generate a lot of heat at high speeds and the whole thing could burn out if the golems are not constructed from a creature with natural resistance to heat. Additionally, a stream of water should be pumped through the hull to act as lubricant and coolant.

If more power is required, lengthen the crankshaft and incorporate an additional golem along it or increase muscle mass of the propulsion arms. The potential propulsion could far exceed conventional methods, achieving incredible speeds. However, I predict that the higher the speed attained, the more unstable the vessel will become as differing water levels at each paddle wheel will affect its performance. A safe compromise between speed and stability must be reached and maintained.

Steering can be accomplished by allowing the wheels to operate independently of each other. Using the wheels at different speeds and even in opposite directions will grant high manoeuvrability.

I’m not sure if it is possible as I have no understanding of magic, but it would be ideal if a ‘remote controller’ could be constructed which any layman could manipulate to control the golem, thus negating the risk of relying on a magic-user at all times.

Constructing the frames, crankshafts and wheels out of steel would be the cheapest feasible option, whilst mithril would be the lightest and fastest, and adamantine the most durable. I will commence drawing up designs if requested.

Signed,
Victyr

Addendum: I suggest flesh golems as we have them in abundance, though constructing the golem from metal would be more efficient.

A blueprint is added underneath Victyr's post.

Quote:
Honoured brother Victyr.
From my travels and trips on the surface I gathered many notes and various interesting books. In one of these books there is this blueprint of a craft called 'Theurgeme', a vessel drivel much like a massive engine. Is this something you had in mind?

Look at the blueprint and imagine putting two massive golems where these so called 'Engines' are suppose to be. These magical constructs power the pistons and propel them forward.

We could have used the blueprints and made our own theurgeme's ourselves but i do not know how to make these 'Engines' and what they are powered by.

Ulviir'aufein of house d'vilrath

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Mon, Aug 19 2013, 10:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Travis

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 16:57 PM 

Player

This is essentially my idea, yes. I suppose the contraptions that power this vessel are of gnomish design and unnecessarily complex when golems will prove to be much more reliable. The golems' arms will be adapted to function as the pistons, rotating the crankshaft and thus the wheels.

As requested by Naltyrr, I will spend the next few days designing the propulsion system. I will also start plans to construct a grand furnace in Nec'Perya. I spend my time with the furnaces in L'obsul if you wish to contact me.

Victyr

Part of the original note is scribbled out.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 10:26 AM 

Player

Quote:

Estimated ship construction costs. Estimated ship upgrade costs

Lord commander. I am full underway to calculate the costs of timber, metal and cloth fabric to create four different ships as per request.

Soon enough i will also have a cost and material suggestion for upgrading our existing ships with permanent wind, Animated oars and other good-to-have spells.

There are shipwrights in l'obsul and undeport we need to contact in order to have a good estimate on this project. If anybody would volonteer to contact them and/or invite them over to us it would go much faster since i am stuck behind a desk at the moment.
Since we do not have a working dry dock we are, at the moment, unable to produce any new ships.

The solution is to commission ships from either L'obsul or Underport until we have a working shipyard ourselves.

Ulviir'aufein of house d'vilrath

//Everything is underway! Dm response pending and cost calculations sent behind the scenes to DM land. We need to meet with some NPC's, too.

Travis

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 22 2013, 14:16 PM 

Player

Envelopes are sent to the members of the Vanguard. They contain what looks to be napkins from a bar, covered in charcoal sketches. The accompanying parchment, whilst written in ink, is equally grubby and smells faintly of alcohol.

Design for Vessel Propulsion System mark I

Wheel Design

Pump Design

Access Design

Deck Design

Controller Design

Proposal for Vessel Propulsion System mark II

I don’t have the necessary anatomical knowledge to explain the workings of muscle and bone. However, if the golem were constructed of metal I could create a double-sided piston capable of simultaneously rotating the crankshaft and operating a force pump. In a force pump, water would fill a cylinder which the piston would descend in to, causing the water to move to a higher placed pipe to be held in place by a valve. This would be a fully automated system.

Proposal for Multi-purpose Ballista mark I

Unlike the designs you found, I would forgo anchoring catapults onto the vessel and instead use ballistas to compliment the offensive force of our archers and mages. Ballista ammunition is much lighter and more compact than boulders. At the back of the vessel I would mount a ballista upon a rotating plate that is capable of loading regular ballista ammunition and also stringed ammunition. The stringed ammunition could latch the vessel to a target and draw it close for boarding or drag it back to Nec’Perya in the vessel’s wake. To be used wisely.

Whilst the barges seem suitable to be used for trade, I would personally recommend smaller, more nimble ships to be used for war and raids.

Last edited by Travis on Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 3:43 AM 

Player

A Very, VERY Angry Ust'Ilharess wants to know how Victyr, a banned individual, is able to post and comment on things that are displayed in Nec'perya only... Until a satisfactory answer is provided, all public discussion is to cease.

~Ust'Ilhares d'Nec'perya, Yath'allar Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath

Travis

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:46 AM 

Player

Victyr heeds the warning and isn't seen in the city again. He delivers his response to the Vanguard members instead.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 12:02 PM 

Player

Travis wrote:
Victyr heeds the warning and isn't seen in the city again. He delivers his response to the Vanguard members instead.

Ulviir, Saddened to see such a brilliant mind kicked out of the city immidiatedly heads out to meet with the Ilharess of his house to adress the concerns and ask her to reprieve or pardon Victyr for whatever crimes he committed in return for his services towards nec'pereya.

Quote:
Esteemed Ilharess.
For whatever reason or rhyme that Mr.Victyr has been banned i implore you to repieve him of his punishment in return for his service in the trade route project. His mind and heart seems to be in the right place and he works towards our common goal. Let him work under my wings to redeem himself from whatever crimes he committed in the past and together we can mend our minds together for the betterment of the settlement.
Let his deeds be his salvation.

We do not have the luxury to dismiss and ban people who does not behave exactly as we want them to, in these trying times we need to work with what we have and establish social structure on the road towards our future.

Have one or two vanguard soldiers keep an eye on him at all times and ask that he always dispells himself and/or sheathes his weapons during his stay in the city. if he is a threat to the city we will escort him out of the permimiter immidiatedly and/or strike him down where he stands for crimes against our queen lloth.

Put him on a trial period of one moon-cycle and monitor his whereabouts. I ask for leniency in this case and take full responsebility for his actions should he be a failure to us yet again.

Why am i asking this?
I am tired of pulling this project on my own and Nec'pereya need smart and inovative people to be able to flourish. I need a co-worker, a collegue who thinks like i do and delivers. This man victyr seems to be the person i need.
I am on the brink of overworking myself and least i get help i will have to abandon this, and other, projects.

Yours truly
Ulviir'aufein, of house d'vilrath

Travis

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 14:42 PM 

Player

Another letter is posted to the Vanguard.

As a blacksmith I already have a substantial stock of raw materials with which I can start construction on various components. There is a problem hindering my progress, however.

It is not feasible to construct the piping out of one piece of steel, and I will need to construct it in parts. Unfortunately, the pump design does not allow for parts to be joined together in the conventional fashion as the inside of the casing must be smooth to allow for rotation of the screw. What I need to know is if it’s possible for a mage to construct me some specialised wands of fire. I cannot use the usual all-consuming flames it produces, but if it is possible to concentrate the heat in a tiny area near the tip and achieve extraordinarily high temperatures, I would be able to fuse the steel together.

If the vanguard could supply me with a steady flow of steel, adamantine or mithril, it would cut down construction time as I would not need to refine my own or trek to the merchants. I can ship the parts out from L’obsul as they are completed.

Materials required:

To outfit the three barges with these pumps I would need enough material for 6 full pipes, 6 large screws, 4 cogs and two crank shafts.

To outfit the three barges with the lattice, I would need enough material for 30 metal bars, 51 connectors and 60 end joints.

To outfit the three barges with the wheels, I would need enough material for 6 sets of wheel scaffolding, 6 sets of paddles and 6 crankshafts.

Victyr

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 20:16 PM 

Player

Muspelkvist wrote:
Travis wrote:

Ulviir, Saddened to see such a brilliant mind kicked out of the city immidiatedly heads out to meet with the Ilharess of his house to adress the concerns and ask her to reprieve or pardon Victyr for whatever crimes he committed in return for his services towards nec'pereya.

Quote:
Esteemed Ilharess.
For whatever reason or rhyme that Mr.Victyr has been banned i implore you to repieve him of his punishment in return for his service in the trade route project. His mind and heart seems to be in the right place and he works towards our common goal. Let him work under my wings to redeem himself from whatever crimes he committed in the past and together we can mend our minds together for the betterment of the settlement.
Let his deeds be his salvation.

We do not have the luxury to dismiss and ban people who does not behave exactly as we want them to, in these trying times we need to work with what we have and establish social structure on the road towards our future.

Have one or two vanguard soldiers keep an eye on him at all times and ask that he always dispells himself and/or sheathes his weapons during his stay in the city. if he is a threat to the city we will escort him out of the permimiter immidiatedly and/or strike him down where he stands for crimes against our queen lloth.

Put him on a trial period of one moon-cycle and monitor his whereabouts. I ask for leniency in this case and take full responsebility for his actions should he be a failure to us yet again.

Why am i asking this?
I am tired of pulling this project on my own and Nec'pereya need smart and inovative people to be able to flourish. I need a co-worker, a collegue who thinks like i do and delivers. This man victyr seems to be the person i need.
I am on the brink of overworking myself and least i get help i will have to abandon this, and other, projects.

Yours truly
Ulviir'aufein, of house d'vilrath

Dos are on thin ice, Ulviir, hardly in a position to vouch for another, that even Ussen d'Vhid's rebellious former Ilharess could naut redeem, he has been given many chances. His ban stands and he's to be shunned... dos continue to stay in contact with him at dosst own risk. He has been given many chances and is now considered irredeemable.... spider food if dos will. His 'brilliant mind' lacks any sort of discipline and he is incapable of respect. Do naut risk ussta ire further or dos could just as easily join dosst ilhar as spider food.

If dos wish a co-worker, find one among those that have naut disrespected the Valsharess and her chosen dalharilen.

~Ust'Ilharess d'Nec'perya, Yath'allar Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 21:14 PM 

Player

The sorcerer ulviir reads over the message. He then reads the message over once more ... before walking off. He does not reply.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 24 2013, 11:39 AM 

Player

Quote:
Update: Project log - Establishing trade routes
The project aimed towards finding a means to ride the waterways upstream towards L'obsul and Underport in order to establish trade and transport.
My job is to provide the vanguard and our settlement with directions and cost estimations to construct/produce the means to reach this goal. To upgrade one (1) of our existing barges into a Theurgeme we would require:
    - 70 rolls of spider silk. (210 to upgrade all three (3) barges)
    - 300 ingots of Iron / darksteel (900 to upgrade all three (3) barges)
    - 150 ingots of Adamantine (450 to upgrade all three (3) barges)
    - 400 planks of wood (1200 to upgrade all three (3) barges)

The cost to hire a shipwright and manpower to construct these from l'obsul or Underport is not taken into consideration. Discussions with key personnel in the mentioned settlements is required.

The reason we cannot build a caravel, cog or keelboat and enchant them with permanent wind is because ANYTHING with a mast in the underdark basically signs its own death sentence. The masts will NOT work in caverns.

Special thanks goes to victyre for providing inspiration, mathematical knowledge and innovation for the project. Thanks to him we have a set of blueprints to follow and expand upon.

Ulviir'aufein

DustSpray101 wrote:
The only one you have listed that would be able to work in the cavern and waterway, would be the Theurgeme. It would be about 70 spider silk, 300 ingots of iron/ or dark steel, 150 ingots of Adamantine, and 400 wood planks to upgrade a barge into one. This cost does not include the price of hiring the shipwrights from L'Obsul and creating Golems to operate it.

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Sat, Aug 24 2013, 14:43 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 24 2013, 11:56 AM 

Player

Genar_Detkasa wrote:

A dry dock like that would be ideal to have but there is a number of issues in its implementation, namely the complexity and the complications it will entail. Simply put, we don't have the resources or time to build that unless you can devise and quickly complete said water lock in five cycles.

The dry dock at G1-G2 will be temporary, once the settlement has the resources it needs, we can pour our efforts into building a drydock worthy of Nec'perya. Right now, time is of the essence in securing a stable lifeline for our settlement. Manpower in dragging the barge ashore will not be a problem, we can easily summon something to do that.

I'll sort out the dry dock. You have six cycles to formulate and present a final plan for the necessary upgrades and what resources we will need to finish them, if this time is insufficient then inform me. I can certainly be flexible with deadlines, but your work so far tells me you already have a solid grasp on what needs to be done.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

Quote:
Lord commander
Now may be the time to establish the temporary dry dock if you desire to upgrade one of our barges in the location you suggested. G1 and G2.

-Ulviir'aufein

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 24 2013, 15:50 PM 

Player

It would appear, for whatever reason, that a certain Ul'ath'tallar has seen fit to leave a somewhat ominous note with the collection of missives and such.

The matter of Victyr is one of Faith; that being he has little. If any wish to discuss such matters of Faith, the Temple is always happy to share it's hospitality.

-Ul'ath'tallar Zrae'a'stra'fryn-

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:56 AM 

Player

Quote:
Project log - Establishing trade routes

What remains to do is to collect the resources we need to upgrade our three ships and contact a shipwright in L'obsul or Underport to actually get them upgraded.

A - Contact Shipwrights.
B - Get the needed materials
C - Preform the upgrades.

In order to power these modified steamboats (Theurgeme) we either use the flesh golems we already have or build some kind of modified Iron golem in smaller size who can drive and power the vessel. Or you can just use manpower (Slaves)

Lord commander. Will you issue orders as to whom does what?

Yours truly
Ulviir'aufein

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 11 2013, 12:19 PM 

Player

Quote:

Lord Commander.
I have undertaken a trip to Underport and made a successful deal with one of the shipowners there to lend us two of his very skilled shipwrights.
If they come to harm the boatowner has promised us that he will persuade the mindflayers to enact a trade embargo upon us so we must be EXTREMELY careful and provide ample protection.
I suggest we make sure these two experts have every luxury they can ask for.

I have paid 480.000 to rent these two workers temporarily.

We are to provide them with skilled labour, materials and of course the blueprints and schematics to upgrade the barge into a Theurgeme.

At this point we only need the materials required to upgrade the ships and we will have our first golem-driven boat ready. Look at the cost calculations attached below (The quote)

Quote:

To upgrade one (1) of our existing barges into a Theurgeme we would require:

Ulviir'aufein

DustSpray101 wrote:
The only one you have listed that would be able to work in the cavern and waterway, would be the Theurgeme. It would be about 70 spider silk, 300 ingots of iron/ or dark steel, 150 ingots of Adamantine, and 400 wood planks to upgrade a barge into one. This cost does not include the price of hiring the shipwrights from L'Obsul and creating Golems to operate it.

Yours truly
Ulviir'aufein

//THIS WAS DM SUPERVISED
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5475/vmr5.png

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Mon, Sep 23 2013, 20:31 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14 2013, 10:17 AM 

Player

At last it seems work begins on the drydock in the wake of Ulviir's recent activities. Both Naltyrr and Zah'har can be seen ordering two very large and tough looking things to begin tearing through stone to create the beginnings of a makeshift ramp.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14 2013, 10:38 AM 

Player

Once again well done thus far on your work, I'll speak with the Shipwrights to settle the blueprints and those other matters.

Your current task is to identify the slaves we can use to assist in the shipbuilding, as well as any of Edonil's residents. In the meantime put your primary focus on the faerzress research.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 20:31 PM 

Player

Quote:

Project update;
Wood: Currently we have 247 planks of wood. We need 153 more planks of wood.
Adamantite: We have the required Metal. (152)
Iron(Black iron/Normal Iron/Cold iron)/Darksteel/Steel: We have the required metal.(317)
Spider silk: We have none. (0)

Quote:

To upgrade one (1) of our existing barges into a Theurgeme we would require:

DustSpray101 wrote:

Yours truly
Ulviir'aufein

Anatida

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 4:32 AM 

Player

78 bolts of spider silk have been added to the Vanguard donation chest for this project.

~ Yath'abben G'eld'ardul Alean'und

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 13:17 PM 

Player

Quote:

Attention!
We now only need 153 more wooden planks to fulfill the required material estimates to upgrade the first barge.

Work dilligently, in the name of Lloth!

Ulviir'aufein, of house Vilrath

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 13:31 PM 

Player

*As it had been requested that the ships be built as quickly as possible, the shipwrights request that the materials be brought to them by the present location of the Spider Bearer. They request the authority to begin splitting slaves into teams and that any within the settlement with skill in forging report to them.*

((I can begin IG coverage on this come Friday night and Saturday! Keep up the awesome work guys!))

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 13:39 PM 

Player

Shipwrights

Permission is granted to begin work on the ship upgrades, you may use the resources gathered within the chest and have the authority to split the slaves into teams.

The Vanguard smiths are also at your disposal.

Naltyrr
Lord Commander

// Vanguard smiths including the NPC smith dudes.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 27 2013, 8:48 AM 

Player

Quote:

Second update
    Attention!
    We currently have 368 planks of wood.
    We now only need 32 more wooden planks to fulfil the required material estimates to upgrade the first barge.

I have in my possession 215 logs of wood!. If we successfully manage to saw them up, our need will be fulfilled. A very skilled MASTER sawyer is hereby requested and will be generously awarded!

Ulviir'aufein, of house Vilrath

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 28 2013, 20:07 PM 

Player

Quote:

Success!
We have all the necessary planks, metal, adamantite and silk to preform the requested upgrade of the ships.

Better news - We have 1500 units of iron and wood about to be delivered to us in two weeks time.

Ulviir'aufein

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 11 2013, 15:18 PM 

Player

Quote:

Good news!
We have another 420 Planks of Wood to be used as we see fit. Perhaps to upgrade another of the barges we currently have into a upstream moving vessel.
The materials have been donated to the vanguard donation chest

Yours
Ulviir'aufein

Travis

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2013, 1:20 AM 

Player

With access to the city reinstated, Victyr once again takes up tools to aid the construction of the ships. He'd offer directions as to the design and implementation of the propulsion system, and even disappear back to his forges in L'obsul to construct various components for it. It seemed he was on his best behaviour this time around, offering nothing but polite respect when not keeping to himself.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 14 2013, 15:02 PM 

Player

Travis wrote:
With access to the city reinstated, Victyr once again takes up tools to aid the construction of the ships. He'd offer directions as to the design and implementation of the propulsion system, and even disappear back to his forges in L'obsul to construct various components for it. It seemed he was on his best behaviour this time around, offering nothing but polite respect when not keeping to himself.

The House mage of D'Vilrath soon accompanies him and offers both mental and physical assistance (Though the physical part consists of using magic to move objects). The sorcerer can be seen offering Victyr much of his research and runs the basic idea down with him. He also suggests they should schedule an appointment to Finish the ships.

The sorcerer suggests GMT+0 (17.00) (One hour before Dinner london time) Friday or saturday.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 24 2013, 8:24 AM 

Player

The ship nears completion and we can finally at last open the trade lanes upon the success of our expedition.

Summing up of my current appraisal; Nec'perya will have two different classes of ship.

The first class is the same class as our Spider Bearer, these ships will be the pride of our future fleet and will lead the charge in our future explorations of the waterways.

The second class will be a smaller class, half the size of the Spider Bearer class. They will be our regular ferries across the Waterway and vital to maintaining our city's prosperity on more cycle-to-cycle affairs.

Congratulations are in order to Ulviir of the Power Xarrmak for his tireless efforts in building the beginnings of the Nec'perya fleet, further congratulations are extended to Zanjur Victyr and Matron Mother Vilrath for their contributions towards the designs of the ships.

Naltyrr
Sut'rinos

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 20:40 PM 

Player

Quote:
To the involved in the ship and trade project.

I would like to extend my gratitude towards Victyr of house Lolarox for diligent support and help in our endeavour. He alone is responsible for coming up with the genius idea of the self-propelled golem driven powersource, with his help we can now sail towards the current and towards the settlements of L'obsus and Underport and with the massive resources at our disposal finally start importing the necessary good and luxury items we so desperately need.

Cheers also go out to Naltyrr lolarox for constructing and giving life to the 10 golems in the city's care upon which 2 of them will now serve as the power-source to drive the Spiderbearer into new waters!

And finally massive gratitude goes to the named and anonymous donations from citizens to the vanguard material pool.

Remember. The blurprints to construct yet another ship is still there and with your help, People of Nec'pereya, we can see another titan of the underdark see life!

Lolth tu malla.

Ulviir'Aufein d'Lolarox
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5527/ei0u.jpg

In the overview of City Projects ledger a very big is placed next to the ship project!

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Sat, Apr 12 2014, 17:13 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 08 2014, 20:48 PM 

Player

The Spider bearer; Jewel of the underdark - lies anchored a bit from the shoreline of Nec'pereya, lazily wobbling from the current.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10 2014, 12:58 PM 

Player

Mission Briefing: Opening Trade Lanes
Objective: To explore and establish a safe trade route between L'Obsul and Nec'perya

Vanguard Assets
Leading Officers:
Naltyrr d'Lolarox - Expedition Leader
Filraen d'Ussen d'Vhid - Battle Leader
Victyr d'Lolarox - Substitute Battle Leader

Other Assets:
Crew of the Spider Bearer
Four Flesh Golems; two operators, two backups
Antipathy Runes

Summary:
We shall be traversing unexplored waters in the Black Waterway, the nature of the threats we will face are uncertain. At the least we can expect skum attacks though their potential threat will be diminished by the presence of antipathy runes within the ship.

Expectations
All Vanguard personnel participants are expected to bring the following equipment:
-Water breathing equipment (in case we need to go underwater to kill offending monsters)
-Rope (to get back onboard with once underwater offending monsters are killed)
-Ranged weaponry (application is obvious)

Furthermore all spellcasters are to keep in mind to use spells that do not cause collateral damage like Meteor Swarms or Firestorm. If someone is foolish enough to use a destructive spell that ends up damaging the ship, then their skin will be used for new sails, their bones to board up any holes and their blood to paint over any scorch marks.

Duties
-The Expedition Leader has overall command over the expedition and its direction.
-The Battle Leader is charged with organising and directing the military forces during battle.
-The Substitute Battle Leader is our backup in case the Battle Leader is horribly killed or unable to fulfill his duties.
-Personnel schooled in the Art are required to act as Observers to ensure smooth operations of the Flesh Golems and Antipathy Runes
-A dedicated Mapper to keep track of our route, previous experience in this field is preferred

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11 2014, 20:17 PM 

Player

The entire vanguard and most of the temple have converted to take the boat out to the Spider bearer and launch the expedition: The air is ripe with tension and everybody's eager.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 18 2014, 21:58 PM 

Player

The trip from Nec'pereya to L'obsul was not entirely safe. They encountered rocks in the waters, which a well aimed barrage of Magic missile storms (Picture) solved.
The ship and it's crew also paused outside the ruins of edonil for a brief period of time before proceeding towards l'obsul where they currently are anchored.
A small report lies in the vanguard barracks

Quote:
Virgin voyage from Nec'pereya to L'obsul successful.

The ship sustained minor damage but needs to be upgraded in a few apartments. The ship's Cogs which we use to power the water-wheels the golems rotate needs to be exchanged from wood to Iron/Steel or adamantine.

I estimate that we need 50 of either iron, steel or adamantite to make a new set of gears for each side; That is 100 units of iron, steel or adamantite to upgrade the Cogs to be able to handle the weight and power of the ship.

Myself and Victyr can solve this easily. He can smelt the metal and form the cogs easily with his armour crafting skills. We both worked hard on this ship and know the basics of it, This problem will be solved in no time.

Materials listning
    100 Units of Iron/Steel/Adamantite.
    4 Hammers
    6 Wrenches
    20 Bolts
    30 Nails
    20 Metal Rods
    10 meters of Metal-wire

Ulviir'aufein d'lolarox

//Reference

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 19 2014, 0:31 AM 

Player

It took Ulviir no less then a day to sketch up a proper mold for a new set of cogs based on the old ones. He basically just removed the old cogs, placed them into a clay-form, and make a pattern in the clay - The clay was then hardened in fire and metal was poured into the mold.

Reference if you don't know what a clay mold is

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:44 AM 

Player

Increasing Cargo Capacity
Due to the heaviness of the ship, it cannot hold as much cargo as we would like. Therefore we need some more workarounds to carry more. The obvious thing to do would be is making use of bags and containers that provide extradimensional storage space.

Bags of Holding is the easiest solution, however the Bags of Holding that are easily the most available still cost a considerable amount of gold. Ten bags of holding would be enough to hold sixty units of processed material like ingots, planks or bricks.

Attached is some additional thoughts should someone be interested in pursuing in maximising cargo holding potential.

Naltyrr d'Lolarox
Sut'rinos of the Vanguard

Image[/color]

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 11 2014, 13:48 PM 

Player

Quote:

Commander

What spells and materials are required?

When can we get together and work on this?

Yours
Ulviir'aufein

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next