View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ] 
Duskryn

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:33 PM 

Player

I was thinking earlier that perhaps one of these days we can perform a Lolth sanctioned surface raid, perhaps in the area outside one of the areas in the Underdark on B side, with NPC Elven encampments and also RP bringing down sacrifices for city temple events.

How many of you would like this idea? Because looking at the paths to the surface locales, and I am sure the NPC target spawns for the Drow raid can be set up in a way that Drow toons of all levels can join in and contribute.

Also on another note, maybe we can start seeing more activity from other Drow houses in the region as well.

On another note I been thinking of throwing together a Selvargtlin faction, and I would like to see a head count of who would like to be in it or be interested in doing participating.

Thanks folks, this was a message from your friendly neighborhood hedgehog ;)

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:38 PM 

Player

Duskryn wrote:
On another note I been thinking of throwing together a Selvargtlin faction, and I would like to see a head count of who would like to be in it or be interested in doing participating.

It would probably be redundant with the existing Selvetargtlin faction :evil:

@Thanatopsis#6293

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:40 PM 

Player

Mmm hedgehogs.

We've actually talked about Surface raids before, but right now we are holding off. There's a few reasons why, though we might change that soon, but also there's a couple things in the works in regards to them.

Right now the 'standing order' is to not raid the Surface, pretty much. But bringing it us IC to one of the head people is always welcome, too, as far as getting an explanation (ie not posting it on the forums, haha).

But I definitely want to see more raids in the future. Zrae meant what she said long ago, that we would make the UD and Surface fear us again :3

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Gondor

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:50 PM 

Player

Duskryn wrote:
I was thinking earlier that perhaps one of these days we can perform a Lolth sanctioned surface raid, perhaps in the area outside one of the areas in the Underdark on B side, with NPC Elven encampments and also RP bringing down sacrifices for city temple events.

Honestly, I don't like 'staged' events, because I don't think it adds any content or story to the Underdark. I also think drow players need to focus more on their own areas. Having a DM set up a NPC raid won't bring other drow players or houses for that matter, a rich environment with a running story will however, and that's for drow characters to create.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't run Temple events, but just do it player run. You organize an IC raid, try to catch a few PC's and perhaps they're willing to agree on joining you for a sacrifice. The pvp tool works perfectly for it, if they don't want to come, you let them go.
Though, perhaps Dusty prefers to supervise such catch to prevent any issues (which I think isn't necessary, only advisable).

Another option, for both options were always done in Ultrinnan, is for a fellow player (whether he's from the UD doesn't matter) to make a level 2 PC which is created to be sacrificed for a moment. This can even be done after a drow raid, and would totally prevent any issues.

Also, while a Selvetargtlin group is fun and good, and while such roleplay needs to be established, a faction is not likely to succeed. We currently have the Vanguard, which has a lot of his followers. The Vanguard is not something which will disband quickly either, because it'll always be able to set more goals.

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:53 PM 

Player

Quote:
while such roleplay needs to be established, a faction is not likely to succeed

... I swear to god I'm invisible here sometimes :evil:

@Thanatopsis#6293

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 20:56 PM 

Player

You are not >8U

And the Selly's aren't really a faction. There's a large amount, but a faction hasn't been established officially. Unless them just being Selvetargtlin is them officially being a faction, which I wouldn't dispute I'm just saying.

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:06 PM 

Player

UdV is basically THE Selvie house, regardless of politics. Official enough really, though I havent given up on private forum etc etc once we have required numbers/activity.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Duskryn

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:07 PM 

Player

Well as I have seen no Selvie faction unless you say its Ussen'Dvhid and who said anything about it having anything to do with the city. I think it would be awesome to have a band of Selvies that are more like tribal barbarians, since after reading up on Selvetarm dogma that it would do him more honor to live that way, to live in a manner that brings glory in battle.

Also with the surface raids I understand how a staged event is horrible, and it is not my first choice, but it is currently strategically bad IC to have to travel to A to raid the forest and that would defeat the surprise of a Drow Surface raid, which Drow pride themselves on the fact that its a surprise. Secondly I don't like sacrificing PC's because something called a respawn and raise dead here, and Lolth wouldn't release a spirit unless its an unfit sacrifice, now if there are players that want to PK their toon in a Drow sacrifice then by all means make it happen, also with the pre planned raids, we could have it so if surface players want in on being there for when it happens that they can hang around that area if they so choose.

Also Sebris I heard ya about the Selvetarm faction in existence, but honestly I have seen no activity from it, thus I assumed there was none. So apologies if I offended you by thinking there was none. Also my intent here is to create a more diverse Underdark community :) Because since my earliest days playing this game I have played Drow from various backgrounds and religions, and Drow are my personal favorite race because of how rich and diverse the story and society is, and would love to encourage more diversity in the Choatic Drow :P

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Duskryn

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:08 PM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
UdV is basically THE Selvie house, regardless of politics. Official enough really, though I havent given up on private forum etc etc once we have required numbers/activity.

Well my idea is not so much a Selvie faction thats involved in house politics, but truly focuses on what Selvetarm encourages and yearns :P

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 0:18 AM 

Player

Duskryn wrote:
Also on another note, maybe we can start seeing more activity from other Drow houses in the region as well.

There are other drow houseS (yes plural) that have been active for the last couple of months... they just aren't -allowed- to play with you. :wink:

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 0:56 AM 

Player

Anatida any can play with anyone, the majority of the Drow are active in the trade city. Also for the Drow raid idea, it is one that Lolth demanded all her clergy to do, if it does happen so all Drow Lolthites and so on can join in, because Lolth called for the raid. Yes, that does happen in Drow land :P

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:03 AM 

Player

No offence taken!

Duskryn wrote:
serbiris wrote:

Well my idea is not so much a Selvie faction thats involved in house politics, but truly focuses on what Selvetarm encourages and yearns :P

We do both? There's nothing that says a faction has to do exactly one thing and stick to it. If we had one Selvie group involved in politics and one sleeping out in the mushroom fields it just splits one perfectly good faction into two. Either way, they're united in their worship of a particular god, and there are plenty of appropriate ways to venerate him. Besides, the current political climate has left Ussen d'Vhid (along with other houses) segregated from Nec. But anyway, if my faction doesn't work with your guys for whatever reason, IC-wise or OOC-vision, that's just how it goes. But we're definitely around, and I do have some things in the works.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:20 AM 

Player

Duskryn wrote:
Anatida any can play with anyone...

Ummm not touching that with a ten foot pole other than to say you were on a break for certain things.

Yeah IC raids have and are being done.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:24 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

IC actions have IC consequences....

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:30 AM 

Player

Okay can the DMs please lock this thread, because apparently it is turning into one of two things

1. Oh you can't start a group because there is one apparently
2. How Drow RP is set aside for a select few.

I did this thread to promote friendly discussions and encouragement for more Drow activity, and also to see more than just our usual's, unless there is a major DM event and then that's the only time you see other Drow factions.

Anyone that is serious about working about helping to promote in a friendly fun way Drow RP and to have the Underdark to have a more consistent player base, without hurling veiled insults or trying to limit what others do, feel free to PM me personally.

Thank you for those who genuinely partook in what this posting was really about. :)

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:33 AM 

Player

Uh, what? No one said either of the things you are saying were said.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:36 AM 

Player

Serbris its not what is said directly, but the tone that is being implied.

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:42 AM 

Player

Okay... no one implied either of those things you're saying were implied. Is that better?

I don't particularly see the need for getting defensive and accusing other players of being discourteous based solely on your perception of what is implied.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:45 AM 

Player

Well that is the impression I am getting from what is being typed, if that is not the case then I apologize to those who I felt I got those impressions from, but over all this discussion was supposed to be about moving forward in the Drow community and bringing more players on more regularly down in the UD. Not reflecting on things in the past.

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:50 AM 

Player

Sonic,

I did not say either of those things. What I did say, and a couple of things I left unsaid because I knew you knew them; Yes chars, including multiple houses, are playing out of the trade city. My chars find some way to intereact with everyone they see (as you have personally witnessed). I have lead multiple raids and you are welcome to participate in anything we have going on.

All of these things are being done to increase the focus, playerbase, and fun of all involved.
~Ana

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:51 AM 

Player

To reiterate my position, efforts are being made for a more Selvetarm-aligned faction, and hopefully the results will be highly visible soon. Whether or not this suits what you're after, it's there in-game, and I'll gladly handle all matters that come up ICly.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:53 AM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
Sonic,

I did not say either of those things. What I did say, and a couple of things I left unsaid because I knew you knew them; Yes chars, including multiple houses, are playing out of the trade city. My chars find some way to intereact with everyone they see (as you have personally witnessed). I have lead multiple raids and you are welcome to participate in anything we have going on.

All of these things are being done to increase the focus, playerbase, and fun of all involved.
~Ana

I know Anatida, but that is basically what I felt which I was sharing how I felt the tone was.

But my main point is, I would love to see more Drow activity more regularly. There are some houses I haven't seen active down here in weeks, at least not on this part of the server.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 2:00 AM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
To reiterate my position, efforts are being made for a more Selvetarm-aligned faction, and hopefully the results will be highly visible soon. Whether or not this suits what you're after, it's there in-game, and I'll gladly handle all matters that come up ICly.

Of course, thank you Serbris, now that is what I am looking for, along with folks being on in this part of the UD and more playing through the Drow experience :)

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 2:29 AM 

Player

Just to clear a couple of things up:

1) Serby, you know why Ussen is in the position it is in. And yes, I'm saddened as to what happened, heck even Zrae was disappointed :(

2) If someone has not been 'allowed to play' on Nec' it's because of IC reasons which are very valid.

TheLastDragonRider wrote:
IC actions have IC consequences....

I would very much appreciate that facts are not misconstrued or twisted to suit the speaker's opinions.

That is all I will say on the matter, and I hope this can continue to be a fruitful topic as Dusk originally wanted. Let's all just relax.

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 2:36 AM 

Player

I don't believe I was giving the impression that I was not aware of that, so I find it odd that you felt it must be pointed out.

I mean, I for one am not saddened. I just play my character.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 2:44 AM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
I don't believe I was giving the impression that I was not aware of that, so I find it odd that you felt it must be pointed out.

I mean, I for one am not saddened. I just play my character.

+1

I made a tongue-in-cheek comment, meant as a joke. But I tell you, if ppl don't stop lieing about things I never did, there is going to be some fireworks.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2013, 5:46 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have chosen to lock this thread as a preemptive measure: it was not sailing down a good direction and I feel it's better to douse the flame now before it gets out of control.

Original Poster, if you would like me to re-open the thread, I will do so per your request. I will just need to give the topic a good clean out first.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]