View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 21:38 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Very_Svensk wrote:
Christ, there's guards everywhere and soon to be golems roaming the streets - I dare anybody to try anything

Challenge accepted!!

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

jimbono1

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 21:41 PM 

Player

Yeah.. I'm level 9, and been running through the Lizard Trogs since level 6 onwards worth probably around 15-20 exp now. I go anywhere higher and it's genuinely quicker and safer to just go back to Trogs. Svirfs for example, worth an extra 5 exp over trogs (some of them), but hit much harder. Compare it to other area's on A where you can farm at level 9 for 50 exp per kill with relative ease, plus it is easier to find a party on the surface too, the balance seems a little off to me.

Jimbono1 is my favourite.

^totally not a lie or anything.

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 22:07 PM 

Player

Yeah, that exactly. And it's much harder to get in a party.

aka AgentOfLyumis

jimbono1

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 22:17 PM 

Player

Probably explains why the material vendors are always empty for Job system jobs too. When you get more exp for mining ore or making a suit of armour than fighting a trog, something has to be in question.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 23:11 PM 

Player

Which is all why the Devs are looking to revamp the UD and make it far more UD-char (and player) friendly :3 Sadly that doesn't help right now, though!

Unfortunately TDR is on hiatus, because she knows the UD really well and has a plethora of UD chars to help with. I have a ecl 15 fighter/WM male drow and a female bard drow of around the same level, but I don't know the UD spawns super well. Plus, I had the aid of TDR and another couple people we were leveling with. UD spawns can be hard.

I found a list of suggested UD leveling... but I can't seem to locate it on the forums anymore :/ I can tell you for sure that you do not want to go to the Contested Caves, that's the beholder/illithid area if I recall correctly.

What are both of your char names and play times? Might be relatively easy for someone to meet up sometime.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2013, 23:58 PM 

Player

Naja Ashei
EST time zone, I play during week-ends and week evenings
^^

aka AgentOfLyumis

jimbono1

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 09 2013, 11:34 AM 

Player

I'm ECL 10 at the moment. Can't really say my play times right now. Christmas and Deadlines and everything like that. Leveling in groups makes everything easier, and more fun. I'm usually willing to join up.

Gremin

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 09 2013, 15:42 PM 

Player

Depending on your class, ECL 10 is going to be trolls/ogres. Certain classes can do Ogres sooner while others require help at your level. Once Ogres become easy I would do Duergar area. I believe though Svirf's and maybe one other area can be done. I do have a AA toon also in your level, so if you see Tal'vyrae shoot me a tell and if I am not busy I will be happy to level with you on Unen.

mirvala-

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 09 2013, 16:38 PM 

Player

That would be great! I might log in tonight, after dinner. Around 6:30-7:00pm EST. I need to get some levels in ;)

aka AgentOfLyumis

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 20:59 PM 

Player

Dustspray!
When will the ship be put into the module? Any ETA?

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 16:46 PM 

Player

We have a bit of a hull presently. Asking about the rest of the ship.

Murex

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 21:24 PM 

Player

Can someone give me a run-down of the current state of what's currently going on in the UD? I have a drow that may want to jump into some synergistic rp if there is any.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 21:32 PM 

Player

I can speak for Nec' and say there's a fair amount of stuff going on there. Lots of projects and stuff that people could help with, still getting the city moving and such. Starting from the ground up is hard haha. Take a look at the projects posted in the forum to get an idea ahead of time what you wanna do, if that's up your alley.

To get to Nec', just gotta meet up with one of the ranked peoples (Vanguard or Temple threads are up to date) and they can bring you as a guide (pretty much everyone is happy to bring you, just not my gal cause she's a bitch), then just fire off one of the citizenship apps to Gremin, Genar_Detkasa, or myself and we can get you approved to bind. I know, it's a PITA, but we are working on fixing that IC so just bear with us for now. trust me, it's no fun being on this end having to do it haha. And we're working on the ferries, but the Dev backlog is halting that.

Can't say about anything outside of the city, though. Dunno who's lurking doing what off the top of my head.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 21:37 PM 

Player

Why do we have the citizenship application? It's such a big cock-block ...

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 22:05 PM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:

im sure as the city develops and grows and hopefully becomes more open, the application will go away.

as of now, id imagine its mostly a formality.

Bravo21

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 27 2013, 0:16 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:

To promote open RP in the UD. I wonder what a clique looks like to new players....

-Krrja

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 27 2013, 3:06 AM 

Player

Yep, totally a clique! One that actually welcomes you into it. Man, that's totally what a clique is. :roll:
Apparently people don't read the things anyone posts, like the fact that I say things like 'I know, it's a PITA, but we are working on fixing that IC so just bear with us for now' which means we are working to stop using that because it was born of a time when we needed to be all tinfoilhat about who gets on the island. And yes, I've said it in those terms. Originally we were waiting for the ferries to open, but sadly the backlog is making that take too long.

IC changes don't just happen overnight because people want to bellyache OOC.

Don't comment if you have no idea what's going on and don't bother to read anything. When you post non-constructive and blatantly inflammatory things like that, Bravo, you hurt not only your own credibility but also become detrimental to the OOC view of things. When you, and others, instill the idea that we are 'cliquey' people may actually believe it.

So stop, or say nothing.

Zanthair wrote:
Very_Svensk wrote:

im sure as the city develops and grows and hopefully becomes more open, the application will go away.

as of now, id imagine its mostly a formality.

Zanthair is on the nose. It's not difficult. You fill out a piece of paper and people stamp it will approval. I never understand why people make it out to seem like it's this huge process.

And in case anyone missed it, yes we are getting rid of the God-damned app. Not because you want us to, but because of IC developments, as it should be.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 27 2013, 6:23 AM 

Player

There are things that sometimes need to be (or should be done) for OOC reasons, it isn't about saying "ohh we can't do this because blah blah IC blah" Its about finding a way that it can work in an IC context and making that happen.

And any of this "Oh we can't do it because DM backlog" is a rather BS, and frankly it pisses me off to hear it, there are plenty of DMs who even if they aren't devs should be able to handle simple module changes and the like, and if there is really that serious of a backlog then get some people on the team to work not as DMs at all but as developers.

Shit sometimes needs to get done, no excuses or "its comings" or any of that, just figure out what needs doing and do it.

Murex

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 7:12 AM 

Player

What thread is the Vanguard sign-up?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 7:55 AM 

Player

There's not really a sign up for it, it's mostly just a 'talk to Naltyrr' sort of thing since he's the head of the Vanguard presently.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 04 2014, 23:04 PM 

Player

Quote:
4.20f

Server A

Moved Corporal Gravitius to the prisons per plot development
Fixed a Web PLC in Shekat Caves

Server B

Plot and PLC updates to Ceyren's Mill
Finished off New UD areas - The Spider Bearer, Deck & The Spider Bearer, Interior
Fixed some outstanding Faction errors in Frozen Wastes and Gauntlet of Terror

SCREEEE! :mrgreen:

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:28 AM 

Player

Time to organise times then!

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:43 AM 

Player

Hey awesome a ship!... Even less reason to not have a transition to and from Nec in the module now.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:30 AM 

Player

Scree for your Lives! :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 15:53 PM 

Player

The Great Equalizer wrote:
Hey awesome a ship!... Even less reason to not have a transition to and from Nec in the module now.

... I'm going to assume you are trolling. Because that is the plan, as has been said multiple times.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 16:19 PM 

Player

Not trolling, just (snarkily) encouraging its inclusion sooner than later since now there is neither IC or OOC reason for it to not be in. Plus its been almost a year now so its long overdue especially given that its a rather simple thing to put in.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 16:46 PM 

Player

You should pay attention to what is posted on the forums more before casting judgement regarding our IC, and OOC, motives. It's all been made plain and clear repeatedly on the forums.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 17:14 PM 

Player

I pay plenty of attention, and regardless even of IC motivations not having a proper transition to (thanks to destroying Edonil) the only real "Drow city" for almost a damned year is unacceptable and frankly I don't care to hear excuses about it, a transition should have been in place ages ago a few weeks on even a month or two is one thing, more than 6 months now going on a year is another entirely.

Further I resent any Implication that I have not been paying (VERY) close attention or that I was casting any judgement, players and characters are (within the rules) free to act as they want, and frankly I don't care one way or the other. I do however care about this issue having been allowed to have taken this long at all.

Shroud

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 19:27 PM 

Player

Everyone else deals with it and uses their portal wands. There is a very good IC reason for Nec'perya to be physically inaccessible, hence it would be against all logic if some manner of a magical transition appeared that allowed people to go in and out without a fuss. Therefore, OOC complaints about the 'issue' garner no sympathy from me. I can understand the desire for convenience, but bloody hell-- get in game and work towards an IC resolution, since it's an IC issue, not an OOC one.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 0:53 AM 

Player

The Great Equalizer wrote:
I pay plenty of attention, and regardless even of IC motivations not having a proper transition to (thanks to destroying Edonil) the only real "Drow city" for almost a damned year is unacceptable and frankly I don't care to hear excuses about it, a transition should have been in place ages ago a few weeks on even a month or two is one thing, more than 6 months now going on a year is another entirely.

Further I resent any Implication that I have not been paying (VERY) close attention or that I was casting any judgement, players and characters are (within the rules) free to act as they want, and frankly I don't care one way or the other. I do however care about this issue having been allowed to have taken this long at all.

The Great Equalizer gets my full support in his argumentation. I

Im going to be super harsh now;
    While IC Consequences befalls IC actions; It has effectively damaged drow / Underdark roleplay to not have a fully functioning settlement / Base beyond measure.

If an area is shit, New and old players will avoid it. There is a reason why fully functioning and eye-appealing areas like kholingen get so much player interaction.
    And by god above i do not see them trying as hard as we do.

In summary - NO MORE DELAYS, PLEASE :cry:
Can we please update nec'pereya with some eye-candy? Some people... some cystals ... anything... and a transition?

Gremin

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 1:18 AM 

Player

I am not the most patient person but this server has made me grow patience. I am fine with the pace we are at now as I would rather we get our beloved city done right at a decent pace. If we get it all done at once, we will have less to do with our RP. This is OUR chance to put our stamp on the city and the server.

As far as the means to get to Nec'perya...I liked the idea we could not just make our way to Nec'perya, it required RP amongst us and those in control of the city could maintain its order. It was the proper way to avoid issues that occurred in Edonil. Those who migrated to our new city took the stance that slow and steady was the way to go, and that is the stance that is going to keep occuring. There is a lot of work on the Dev's part right now, and its not just fluff work its work that is going to make our server, the other server and our community better off.

Posting about how this or that should of happened is not going to make it happen any faster. The holidays are now coming to an end and our population in the UD as a whole has risen. Lets get the RP flowing and more population will surely follow.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 1:29 AM 

Player

Mmmmm :|

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 3:10 AM 

Player

Sigh.

Two words: Dev. Backlog.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 22:34 PM 

Player

Gremin wrote:
The holidays are now coming to an end and our population in the UD as a whole has risen. Lets get the RP flowing and more population will surely follow.

I honestly think this is the first year I've played where the underdark ends the holidays at a net positive player change.

Pulawski

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 22:44 PM 

Player

Clearly means UD players are mature and adults, as we got better things to do during holidays!

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07 2014, 8:57 AM 

Player

Glim wrote:
Updated the Bindpoint name, should take effect immediately.

yay! Nec'Pereya bindpoint will now be called Nec'pereya! Instead of Abandoned City!

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 08 2014, 1:47 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
Glim wrote:
Updated the Bindpoint name, should take effect immediately.

yay! Nec'Pereya bindpoint will now be called Nec'pereya! Instead of Abandoned City!

:twisted:
Well now you've officially moved in...

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 08 2014, 13:05 PM 

Player

Why did we have 3 donationchests now again?

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 09 2014, 16:11 PM 

Player

House. City. Temple.

Those are the ones I know about at least.

Pulawski

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 09 2014, 16:24 PM 

Player

2 times temple

Shroud

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 3:47 AM 

Player

Gremin wrote:
My response from OOC Time Planning goes here.

The only thing obvious about your post is that you should change your tone, Gremin. We're all adults here, we can and should be cordial to one another. When long periods of inactivity roll by, those with more in game presence will grow weary. Can you really fault them for wanting more response for their invested time? Given that I have such in excess, a mixed blessing as it were, I aim to be available as much as possible. I don't expect those with more real life obligations to play 14 hours a day, since even I don't, but even 2 hours a week makes a difference.

I'm a chronomancer who lives in all timezones at once, and I know you don't currently invest those few hours in game. I'm sure you have your reasons and I respect that, but again, I implore you to keep the banal attitude and vitriol to bare minimum. We should step into each others shoes for a time and try to brainstorm solutions to these perceived issues. We need to be considerate to one another so that we can continue to thrive and be welcoming to new souls to our ranks in the Underdark. Don't take any of this the wrong way, I have no ill feelings towards you as a person and would simply like to see more of you in game.

All that said, I feel positive feedback should see the light of day as well! Laktavian found an opening in the deluge that is his January working schedule and had a successful meeting with one of our own, so kudos to that.

Gremin

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 4:23 AM 

Player

My post.....

you......

It flew right over your head.

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 8:14 AM 

Player

Enough.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2014, 14:58 PM 

Player

Right now, work is extra demanding at the moment and that has put my free time into utter flux. If you see me up top, I am on B. If you see me player side, I am most likely killing things to let out some RL frustrations with work.

If I am not on at all, it isn't because I don't wish to be, but because I am simply unable to. Thankfully, I am just one of two fellas dedicated to covering an in game region whose players' times cover the globe.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 6:32 AM 

Player

With Dusty's time more limited then before, I'll do what I can to help with the smaller individual plots that you guys have between my own events: Priestess tests, meetings with L'Obsul or Underport, BG pacts, etc. Due to my timezone though, most of these events will need to occur on weekends unless you're Australian or can operate during Australian evenings during the week (generally 08:00 - 12:00 GMT).

I won't touch major Nec'perya plot lines though, only the little stuff.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 6:41 AM 

Player

For reference, major stuff would include the ship exploration right?

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 14:04 PM 

Player

Fuuuuuuuuck!!!!

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 14:27 PM 

Player

Naivatkal wrote:
For reference, major stuff would include the ship exploration right?

Correct.

The simple reason why is that it's Dusty's plotline, and I'll do what I can to make sure he has the time to focus on his plotlines rather then the individual stuff which is time consuming.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 16:50 PM 

Player

No problem, just wanted to make sure we all understood :3

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 17 2014, 22:45 PM 

Player

Once work simmers down I will be back to business as usual! A very tentative 3 weeks until that happens!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next