View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 23:43 PM 

Player

Zrae is letting Nalt issue the orders, she just wanted to ensure everyone knew that his orders came with the weight of the Queen's Will behind them :3
She did include that the celebrations are on hold until the issue has passed, so unless that changes we are holding off on them.

As for the sacrifice, that's mostly up to Pony. Zrae sees it as Ahly's sacrifice and she's not going to steal the fun from her. She'd probably only do that if it was a high profile target for sacrifice XD

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 23:47 PM 

Player

The Festival was delayed and since I think the sun elf was for the festival, I imagine it has been delayed too.

Forum visibility, that's fine, I don't mind people seeing that the forum is there but I didn't want its contents to be able to be viewed by everyone if it sounded like that. :P

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 0:06 AM 

Player

"The sun elf was for the festival" :lol:

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 0:06 AM 

Administrative Developer

I think the festival might be postponed, but eh, I think a good sacrifice would be a great idea in times like these...!

Pony

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 1:00 AM 

Player

I hope the new power jack will arrive before the weekend, and then I could go to plan the sacrafice.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 2:58 AM 

Player

just wanted to say that i'm actually downloading the nwn installer.

so after that all I need to do is get the critical rebuild, portrait packs, haks, and heads and hands overrides and I'm good to play!

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 15:57 PM 

Player

This weekend will be interesting.

Friday: I should be on at my usual time for weekdays: 6-6:30 CDT.
Saturday: Times are up in the air for me and flat out in the evening as a drunken Dusty will not be much help to you all in client.
Sunday: I will be as free as my projected hangover permits.

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 16:07 PM 

Administrative Developer

I can't really guarantee my availability this weekend myself! I had agreed to go on a pub crawl and I will be out being crazy and doing stupid shit, and thus it's best if I leave my minions out of my debauchery.

Pony

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 16:43 PM 

Player

My replacement powerjack has arrived. Now I will just disassemble my whole laptop, and hope when I put it back together, I am not left with even more screws left over at the end.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 16:49 PM 

Player

Spoiler: You will have extra screws.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Rigela

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 17:15 PM 

Player

And some spare parts.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 8:01 AM 

Player

Okay since everyone has been doing it, and granted, we were doing it before it was cool, I thought I might as well hijack this thread and throw this up into the air. Or open the can.

Is there anything we can do to promote more activity and RP in drow town? To make things more fun? Are there any problems with what's happening now? Is there anything I can do as Vanguard's leader (or others can?) to assist in this regard?

I feel there's a tendency for things to go slow or quiet easily, so I'm particularly interested in what would make people more invested to play.

That said, I'm rather encouraged by the number of drow I've seen around compared to last year. Whenever I log on, I can always expect to see another drow soon instead of afking for hours waiting for someone to log on. So that was a great development. :D

RaveN

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 18:04 PM 

Administrative Developer

I think people on Amia are mostly attracted to large plots that they can directly participate in.. so we might wanna get some of ours going.. we've certainly got no shortage of things we need to do. That being said, I realize a lot of that burden of responsibility is on me, and I'm trying hard :) Hopefully we get some new faces soon.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 18:49 PM 

Player

We HAVE to be able to do more from the forums. It's such a MASSIVE COCK-BLOCK to not be able to roleplay changes via the forums...
It's what's gotten us this delayed.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 1:12 AM 

Player

:shock: Eh?

Shroud

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:03 AM 

Player

I'll just say here that I disagree. The more stuff gets roleplayed in game, the better.

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:27 AM 

Administrative Developer

I think it should be a healthy split. Currently I clock a ridiculous amount of ig hours and I'm starting to feel other people's inactivity in game. I think partially my concern is that I play my drow as my main, and I feel obligated to lead a faction (and lead the city) since I'm the only female drow IG sometimes for weeks/months. This has me thinking that perhaps I need to play less, and post more, so while I felt that forum RP was less intriguing before, I think given the current climate, it's looking more attractive to me, as an active player.

Shroud

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 3:47 AM 

Player

I feel we should have our own weekday around certain set time where people make extra effort to log in for some get together. Random interactions in the Underdark have always been kind of a luxury with our scarce head count.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 4:25 AM 

Player

Shroud wrote:
I feel we should have our own weekday around certain set time where people make extra effort to log in for some get together. Random interactions in the Underdark have always been kind of a luxury with our scarce head count.

This! (If y'all don't mind an outsider's opinion. :) ) "Winya Wednesday" has done good things among the filthy darthiiri. I used to encounter exactly the deserted-city situation in Winya that Mimiron mentions, but it's been months now since Kaithan has even had to leave the city to find lots of RP. Could be mere coincidence, I suppose, but the uptick in elf RP began right on the heels of the institution of Winya Wednesdays.

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 4:30 AM 

Player

You guys used to meet up every saturday or every second saturday, no? A contributing factor to my departure was the fact that I consistently received shifts at these times.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Bravo21

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 7:27 AM 

Player

This
Shroud wrote:
I'll just say here that I disagree. The more stuff gets roleplayed in game, the better.

Not This.
Very_Svensk wrote:
We HAVE to be able to do more from the forums. It's such a MASSIVE COCK-BLOCK to not be able to roleplay changes via the forums...
It's what's gotten us this delayed.

Forum RP is just a crutch and should be a vehicle to coordinate in game activity and aid communication, not be a complete replacement for RP. It only really stagnates and unfairly penalizes players who are taking on the burden of RP'ing more frequently in game.

I think a set day of the week when more players can be out and about would increase player activity. I'll be honest, I don't log in any of my drow anymore because I'm just simply tired of seeing people logged in but locked away in some house or another out of reach. I can't imagine new players find the same situation conducive to playing more than a few frustrating hours in the UD.

I have to give props to Mimiron for the stellar RP of late, and my condolences as well. Having one player do all the heavy lifting for the UD is never going to get things done. What happened to all the talk of getting more players involved? Seems that many have simply forgotten that goal and slid back to complaining because things aren't happening fast enough. It's not that things are not happening, it's that there are not enough people to carry the load. Redirect that frustration into finding creative ways to make the UD more inclusive, which if I am not mistaken, was a major criticism of certain players who were blamed for the fall of the last city. I hope more follow Mimiron's example and forge ahead, you know, like in game.

-Krrja

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 17:07 PM 

Player

What? So my forum roleplay, the time and energy i spent devising plots, plans, schematics, blueprints, sketches, guides, stories and lore - doesn't count?

We would not have had a ship. We would not have had a vanguard. We would not have had two houses and we would certainly not have had this amount of interaction and activity if it wasn't for our forum roleplay.

:evil:

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Thu, Mar 20 2014, 18:18 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 17:15 PM 

Player

i haven't logged in for... 3 months now? But thats mainly tied to my rl needs (overloading hardcore to hopefully graduate uni in 2 months)

i SHOULD have more availability after that.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 19:03 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Very_Svensk wrote:
What? So my forum roleplay, the time and energy i spent devising plots, plans, schematics, blueprints, sketches, guides, stories and lore - doesn't count?

I'm for the happy medium split between things that works well done in a forum (talking about how many planks needed for shipbuilding, sharing ship & building designs, offering comments to such things) AND getting in game for more direct RP.

Unfortunately, I've seen party chat telling me that the Drow character is logged in but they aren't RPing... what? Please don't be logged in just because the forums say your leader must be online at least X amount of time. I agree with Bravo, Mimsie's RP has been just stellar and Miz'ri has been available.

I took Rith'tar elsewhere than Nec'perya and L'Obsul to look for RP (course we all know where that got him, heh). He's a lot of fun to play since he's been excellent in getting himself in trouble. However along with that he sure does know a lot of information due to the hours of RP. And I have this great mysterious back story for him that I didn't have to use to entertain myself.

Rith'tar had been grabbing other underdark characters and taking them on patrols of the underdark passageways and caverns on A and B. Because surfacers are so excited to encounter a drow partol, right? And the challenge is how to do it without PVP and still keep the integrity of your character.

I'm not a huge fan of long drawn out huge events. I'm partial to DM's who jump in to mess with your group for an hour or so.

I also like the idea of picking a day/time that everyone knows will have many a drow in game.

Who's going to make that recruitment poster for the UD?

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Bravo21

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 1:39 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:

We would not have had a ship. We would not have had a vanguard. We would not have had two houses and we would certainly not have had this amount of interaction and activity if it wasn't for our forum roleplay.

:evil:

No, absolutely not. For myself, I would advocate more interaction in game rather than encouraging more interaction via the forums, that is all. So, please don't take my view as any sort of criticism of your hard and excellent work.

I will also reiterate that a set time where players could have at least a chance of some sort of interaction outside of more private groupings would be very beneficial to the UD in general. I can't think of any ongoing plots that wouldn't benefit from more players.

-Krrja

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 2:03 AM 

Player

As a DM, I weigh them both.

IG is always preferred, of course, but I am realistic in knowing that I cannot be on to see many of you during the week due to my hours at work. I love watching you guys dearly, but many of you are European or Ausie in your time zones and I am a pesky Yankee in the US Midwest. It is for this reason that I do put a lot of stock in screenies and forum RP.

Sometimes you do need an NPC though. For those instances, we simply need to get done on the weekends when I am most free to see you all in all of your timezones.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 5:53 AM 

Player

I think we have enough material to keep the weekly meetings feeling fresh, so I'm looking forward to seeing those held though we'll need a good time for everyone.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 11:45 AM 

Player

weekly meetings, imo, should have general body meeting and updates, new longterm orders (if any), a drill, then maybe a hunting trip.

just because you are outside level range doesn't mean you can't go hunting. Back in Ultrinnan I'd sometimes take lowbies out with me to see how they were progressing. They wouldn't expect xp because I was like 10 levels above them, but if they died I could raise them. They also got all the loot. Sometimes a DM would drop in and give us something special (we got ambushed by a chosen of malar one time in the FoD)

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 11:58 AM 

Player

Aye. The dwarves hold weekly meetings and it's working flawlessly. Sundays also seem like the best time overall; Everybody are tired, at home. (Or hungover)

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 12:15 PM 

Player

DustSpray101 wrote:
With the quarantine in effect, is the sacrifice of the Sun Elf on hold then? I need some clarification from the faction leaders on orders given to the guards to enforce the quarantine as well as what events (if any) are still scheduled to take place while it is active.

The Vanguard forums should now be visible to all, but the group is still closed, meaning you need to add members manually.

http://i.imgur.com/CDQgBX8.png

Neither the Vanguard nor Lolarox is visible still :cry:

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 13:13 PM 

Player

According to the admin panel it should be. o.O

I'll poke Glim about it.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 14:50 PM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
You guys used to meet up every saturday or every second saturday, no? A contributing factor to my departure was the fact that I consistently received shifts at these times.

This is part of the reason when I departed as well, usually when major events happen I tend to have other real life obligations, which I end up missing out. Of course I could try during the week, but to spend a lot of my play time solo in the UD when I was on as a UD character, got dull for me, so I decided to just do stuff I have fun doing and seeing what short little stints and misadventures I can fall into within the time I am given.

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Pony

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 06 2014, 11:23 AM 

Player

For some reason, this drow immediately reminded me of Naltyrr.

Travis

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 06 2014, 14:15 PM 

Player

Where's the clown hat?

serbiris

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 06 2014, 15:04 PM 

Player

It's under the cummerbund.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2014, 16:02 PM 

Player

Forum should be set correctly now.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2014, 22:23 PM 

Player

Thanks Glim! I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, May 02 2014, 18:09 PM 

Player

New thread time! Rejuvination Project is swinging in!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4