View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

What genre/theme do you want to see?
Adventure!!! 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Mystery / Puzzle / Riddle 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Political 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Espionage / Intrigue 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Documentary 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Romantic Comedy (???) 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 30
LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 10:14 AM 

Player

What genre or theme are you guys most interested in seeing run? I have some ideas, but before I can finish them to where I'm ready to run, I want to know that you most want to see (or absolutely do not want to and are sick of.) I'm not going to list everything, I know, so please post your suggestions, also! The poll won't be a sole deciding factor, it's more just to give me a quick visual gauge.

Adventure!!! = Pretty simple. Not grand overarching theme. Sort of an equal blending of all the other options, heavier on exploration. Foes/Challenges could be anything!

Mystery / Puzzle / Riddle = Who knows what's going on? You have to figure it out! Foes/Challenges could be anything! ... but will mostly involve having to piece together clues and information, will not involve very much in the way of clicking-and-killing. Rewards could be anything, or nothing, or the smug satisfaction of figuring it out! It's a mysssssterrrryyy.

Political = Get your social game on, because it's time to do a lot of talking and deal making! High use of under-appreciated social skills. Foes/Challenges might be rivals, faux pas, time and missed opportunities. Murder is an option, of course, but for the purposes of voting, consider this more a more social-based option. Your pretenses and reputation are most important.

Espionage / Intrigue = Less open, more dangerous than Political, more aggressive and political than Mystery. High use of social skills, murderizing skills, and heavy emphasize and insight and savvy. Foes/Challenges might be other PCs, NPCs, circumstances, judgement of trust, misinformation, and so many webs of lies you could (and very will might) hang yourself with them if you're not savvy enough.

Documentary = High emphasis on goals and tasks, overcoming set obstacles in a progressionary manner. Almost more of a style of play than a genre itself, could be combined with other genres. More linear, clear, video-game style. People who enjoy the Job System, Civ games, resource gathering and working toward a goal with a fairly obvious progress bar would probably like this.

Romantic Comedy = Something light-hearted, probably a bit silly.

Rather than put horror as its own category, I instead propose a spiciness rating.
1-5 stars, more starts = more horror. So for instance, Political ***** would be the Arkham Horror of debutantes, and who the hell knows what that might even look like.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 21:25 PM 

Player

Personally I'm voting for political. UD politics is a good reasonable combination of all of those. It can range from spying to violence, all while trying to get a 1-up on everyone else that'll eventually spoil into a heated conflict. Just like Russia, so theres my vote.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 03 2015, 9:35 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

For me, I like seeing three things:

1) Plot Complexity: complicated themes, plot twists and other devices to actively make me guess and think.

2) Good villains: characters I can respect as a player for their depth and equally resent with my own character be it because of their intelligence, their power or the reasons behind their drive. And,

3) Continuity: interlinking story arcs that form individual pieces of a larger puzzle to keep the world feeling like it is alive, fluid and evolving. Cause and effect also plays heavily in this: every action has a positive and a negative upon another action in the future etc etc.

As long as a plot line has these three things, I'm satisfied. The blood god cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it does.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 05 2015, 1:31 AM 

Player

I'll admit, I didn't expect to see Romantic Comedy tied for anything but last place! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]