View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:02 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[In the wake of a long campaign, across two skirmishes, the city of Nec'perya was brought to its knees. A death toll of over three hundred combined -- almost all abled bodied in the city unless they surrendered, the matrons and clergy slaughtered; what was once hours of prayer is now silence, and the streets remain stained with the fresh blood of a merciless onslaught, with the pieces of golems.. the fight was over, and the Dragonkin had emerged victorious from it.

Word of it would get out fast that Stormwind had been hasty to proclaim herself at its helm, with passing notes of the address 'Valsharess' being used in her presence. Clearly, she had not taken long to settle to the position; and while most didn't emerge alive, the Master of the Sorcere seems completely intact. After the course of a few other appointments and meetings regarding the current state of affairs, Stormwind would settle herself on the knowledge that for today the city wouldn't spiral into anarchy. Today, the city was hers.

At what cost, however, and how hard it would be to maintain; was uncertain. Stormwind would issue forth the notice to the public of her status, and in written and spoken form alike ensure it circled that all whom would not tolerate the new rulership would be allowed to leave for L'Obsul; but should do so swiftly, without packing, without taking slaves with, and expecting to never again be welcome at the shores of the city -- to meet their demise otherwise.

Other than this, and long periods of contemplation in the not-yet remodeled and barely cleaned temple, little besides a few casual jaunts to examine the living conditions of the enslaved in the various houses would be seen of her.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

// DMs! If you'd be so kind and lovely as to sticky this, this is where Imma be redirecting IC nec'perya stuff, official declarations, etc.

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:06 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

The intact Master of the Sorcere can be seen poking through the ashes of once was the domain of the drow, humming to himself as he wandered with no particular destination in mind.

Such an unexpected turn, whatever shall I do now?

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
Missing Scales
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:48 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Aug 2016
Location: Sitting upon my throne of salt, collected from the tears of my enemies.

The Whitescale, Xarzith as her spoils has taken control of the Peninsula House, and surrounding dock. In her domain, under the city's new leader.

A few drow corpses float near the docks, then sink into the depths, in a "sudden-shift of management structure", those commoners that are left, maintain under her watchful supervision.*

_________________
Xarzith- Whitescale, exile of the Reghedmen. (Missing Some Scales)


 
      
Drakos_Vek
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:48 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006

As the sole survivor on his side in yet another battle, the drow sometimes known as Kerath, and other times as Drakos, sat quietly in a private room he had rented for the end of the cycle. In the battle that had ensured for the defence of Nec'perya he had expended nearly his entire repository of greater sanctuaries and disjunctions, as well as a good number of his traps and potions. In the end, after taking a single injury, he had decided that some causes were simply not worth a minor level of pain.

Sprawled out across the table in front of him were a variety of magical weapons, tools and other trinkets, as well the best of Nec'perya's tomes and documents. All of it awaiting his eager grasp. Although they had decisively lost the battle, Kerath remained a sore loser. While reaching the temple was impossible, with all the stationed forces of Nec'perya annihilated, the three other powerful holds of the city lay vulnerable to plundering.

Besides, better he have them than some surfacer right?

When the new owners of the city decide to explore the city, they would find some surprises waiting for them.

First there were the defenses of the city, after some brief skirmishing - the exact details consisting of running away, throwing dispels and running again - the wards that protected the city from the infinite skum menace had been destroyed.

The doors that guarded the two noble Houses of Nec'perya lay open. Regardless of the density of steel, or complexity of lock, nothing could stop a master thief of his caliber, especially if he did not need to worry about making too much noise. The private rooms of the Matrons had been ruffled down, sheets thrown aside, furniture pushed from its position and completely ransacked. The armories and laboratories had kept their more basic items, but anything that looked valuable enough to him had been taken. He even had time to stop for a short drink at Ussen d'Vhid's enviable bar.

Then of course, there was the old Vanguard headquarters. If Kerath had any regrets, it would be that he wasn't around to see the traps he had rigged in the building's lobby go off. The pillar of psionic energies in the central lobby was always an enigma to him, touching it alone could almost make someone lose their mind. But he had always wondered what would happen if the pillar was destroyed completely... at the very least, the first of the city's new occupants would find out.

With a pleased sigh, Kerath brought a golden goblet to his lips. Wine always tasted better after a good cycle of looting, and for the children of Lloth, taking advantage of any chaos was a given.

//Disclaimer: Events were overseen by a DM in-game.

_________________
Plays Drakos Vek - Part-time master thief, part-time mercenary, full-time bastard.


Last edited by Drakos_Vek on Fri, Sep 09 2016, 14:08 PM, edited 3 times in total.

 
      
MisterLich
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 9:10 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Location: WA

Nothing evading Osiris' priestly eyes normally, this time, Osiris actually does not realize the plundering taking place in the city he just fought to overtake - and Kerath is left undisturbed by the High Priest of the Oinoloth.

He peruses the city curiously, looking at the standing buildings that remain and wandering through the temple here and there, getting a grasp on the new conquest - and the possibilities for reinforcement and defense.

Another follows him. A man in black, whom he referred to as "Apprentice" during the invasion. If Kerath had been in the temple undetected during the takeover, he may have heard this. Otherwise, any Drow that noticed, have been slain.

The corpse of one of the matrons is noticeably absent from the battlefield, and the city in general. What had happened to it is not of public knowledge.

Osiris goes into the temple to speak with Stormwind and emerges, heading for the docks, to simply stare out at the abyss that lay before him.

"This is a good start."

He then goes to work on researching wards that may be used to create a reinforced holding in the city, to resist invasion in the future - to ensure that that their hold on the city is stronger than that of the former Lollthites.

_________________
Osiris Masud

Image


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 9:14 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Kelia the red scale, who actually set off the traps layed in the Vanguard building yet managed to get out without a scratch and her mind in tact, ended up flying to the highest point of the cities exterior, taking her new position extremely serious and sleeping very lightly the first night lest the lone survivor she and a few others caught a glimpse of returned.
The following day she would go to work surveying the city's defenses. Accessing what needs repaired, upgrading, etc. She'd be making list and whatnot of material needs and such.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 19:15 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After the contingency mechanism was triggered by the minotaur and the red disciple, those who go near the Vanguard building might as well have a rather odd feeling.

//The interior of Vanguard building will require DM supervision for now. You are welcome to walk around int and go anywhere in the city though.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 19:43 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

After a cycle or so had passed since the siege, a darkly clad Duregar is sent to the temple grounds for one 'Stormwind', whom was instructed to begin a reforging of some sort.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Missing Scales
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 22:02 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Aug 2016
Location: Sitting upon my throne of salt, collected from the tears of my enemies.

Xarzith the Whitescale, in her new position of Dockmaster, walks along the shores. Issuing a command to the commonry and slaves that all fisherman, cavern collectors and other such that use smaller vessels to navigate the local area of the cavern's waters to report to her, a list is made of vessels and owners, they are made to swear loyalty to the Chromatic Covenant, and the new Valsharess. Those who refuse, are killed, their vessels confiscated.

A larger vessel currently docked at the north dock, by the Peninsula house is ordered to be moved to the dry docks, it's owner to be compensated by the Covenant, to be examined.

_________________
Xarzith- Whitescale, exile of the Reghedmen. (Missing Some Scales)


 
      
yimmi
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 22:19 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Dec 2014
Location: Santiago, Chile

*.

_________________
-Jacob Hel'Tharan: Knowledge through sacrifice.
-Florian Petran: Duty and kindness.
-Bjalfi Bolverkson: Blood, beer and thunder!


We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...


Last edited by yimmi on Fri, Sep 09 2016, 22:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2016, 22:28 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind would be seen that day talking to the dock master about various things, examining the current state of the city once more and thoroughly -- belatedly, she'd observe that the dome which blocked the leynode in had been rather hastily repaired; and the mages had purged their attunements. A soft grunt leaving her helm, she'd tap it and be heard to say-] "I believe it goes without saying that tearing this down is well within our interests."

[Afterwhich, she'd see her way into the temple with the white-kin; where anyone observing would simply see the pair disappear into her antechamber, and hushed throaty growls of a few further orders -- before she would send Xarzith to find the craftsmen and send him in if he had already arrived; which, considering he 'had' spoken to seek her, would be promptly welcomed into the deeper sanctums of the temple. Without a bother to seal the door, she would grace her hand over the delicate adamantine contours of the once-lolthite idol…] "To 'remove' it would incur wrath doubtlessly. So… we will simply repurpose it. See it formed differently, I will ensure that the area is sealed off while you work, and that you are paid handsomely of course..."

[Further details are discussed, detailing something of an improvised altar of the queen; taking what is now the statue of Lolth and forming of it one of Tiamat]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 3:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

Naltyrr's svirfneblin secretary, the indefatigable Walschud, sticks a sign in front of the fallen body of the adamantine golem.


Please do not touch or melt down until I have ascertained if it can be salvaged.

Naltyrr

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 5:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Upon noticing the sign, with a nod of approval, Stormwind would see that notice is issued to the currently-unorganized interim guard to keep an eye on the remnants and ensure they are not displaced by anyone but the magus themselves.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Dragon250
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 9:50 AM 



Player

Joined: 29 Jun 2016

Aussir'sjach walk in into the great forge of Nec'perya eyeing the wonders with in the building. She had only dreamed of such a forge that she now is to oversea, Giving the command to stock the forges and heat the smelters, there is armor and weapons to made as well as what is needed for the ships. Hammers and avails sing there song as hammer and avail come together to make the wears. With the smelters pore out metal so hot it can be felt twenty feet away and smoke that fill the building as fresh metal is pored into the molds. AS she looks about giggling with delight.


 
      
KairaKitty
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 18:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Location: Shadowsea

The cycle after an unrestrained outburst at the news...

An obsidian armored figure trimmed in dark purple crystals hangs around L'obsul (mainly the bar) in the following cycles, paying small bits of coin to those willing to spread word about her offering passage to the surface. She offers her services mainly to those drow fleeing Nec'perya, promising a safe shelter for her people on the land above. If needed, she'd spend as long as necessary trying to convince each individual she can to join her using lines she believes will appeal to her kind's nature. Carefully, she avoids mentioning the word "shrine" or any hint at Eilistraee while in the underdark.

If any at L'obsul try to take issues with her behaviour she attempts to pacify them by whatever means necessary, usually through free drinks or gold.
//Find Miia here when on B!

_________________
Image
- - -
Image
The orphan with bloodshot eyes


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2016, 2:55 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

The red scale and newly appointed General of Nec'Perya Kelia makes rounds of the city doing a head count of slaves making special note of those who were born into slavery and those who aren't. Also noting how many were fit to be either workers or gaurdsmen/ women...

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:00 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind, some time into the day, makes her way to the center of the town. She'd mingle among the common folk in the market, seemingly coming to know some of the faces there; discussing matters of former trade-partners of the city before her reign. She likely unsettles some, and she doesn't seem much to care.

The dragon blooded tower of a woman then tips a few people to act as messengers -- a few fliers start circulating through the city from people with slightly confused or mildly concerned faces who otherwise don't care because they're getting paid. Reading off from one, what was written would as well be word-]


Address of State to the Commonwealth of Former Nec'perya,
Some have likely taken advantage of the week's time provided to escape the city. Three cycles still hence remain upon that -- yet as we have reached the absolute of this ultimatum, the middle of the allotted period, I intend to make it assured that I will not allow this city to stagnate under my rule. The land is defensible, and so defended it shall be. Gone are the days of Lolthite Nec'perya. Under a new Queen, the city shall hence flourish under the Banner of the Imperium; to hereby reign as the City-state of 'Thran'daariv'. Long and firmly may the Flight of the Queen carry us.


Thus in my decree -- let it be known that to bulk the workforce of the city, to promote a growth of the economic sector, and to repair our no-longer-existent armed force; those whom live in shackles from this day forward are to be considered unowned, having been titled to the dead matrons of now-dissolved houses. They are hence property of the city, instead. Those owners surrendering them be advised -- all who have known no life other should be delivered with documented proof as such, and all those who were not born into it are hence liberated from their station in the trade.

Thus, those one hundred of you who were taken from your homes beneath or above are now and no longer owned; you are free men as any. Your right to leave the city is yours to take as it has been for your masters -- and no harm at our hands shall come if you ask to be seen your way to safe haven upon the surface, but if you choose to remain; know that any work further you do shall not be unpaid. Grants will be allowed to those choosing to form mercantile operations and guilds, and welcome and training to any who wish to fight on the side of their liberators shall be offered.

The remaining fifty slaves are 'still' being possessed by your governance to help in the reconstructive efforts. Your motivation for 'each' of these, Drow of Thran'daariv: the city is currently vulnerable to onslaught by the Skum, Aboleth, and any number of neighboring city-states at any moment -- and I may be less effective/benevolent in protecting you otherwise.


Drow who are non-complacent with these demands are given the remainder of the week period to leave, but may take no slaves nor belongings of material form with them. Failure to leave or comply is grounds for immediate termination, or being committed to experimentation for furthering the progress of her Great Resplendant Avarice, Tiamat, in the name and decree of the Church.

Note that this is not the 'outlawing' of slavery within the Imperium of The Queen, but merely the governmental possession of its rightful property -- and summary emancipation of all collared who are deemed 'functional' on up to and before this date.



Any problems or issues with these orders should be brought to me directly for appeal.

Later within the week, structures for the reformed militia shall be posted -- alongside a new outlining of the city's statures and laws, in accordance with the laws of The Queen. These will not be as strict as your former Lolthite rulership, which I trust will be considered welcome; and they shall not differentiate upon race wherest concerning the lesser races.

Those whom it may concern be advised that at the decision of the malla Valsharess, until such a time that possibility of insurrection is deemed nonexistent, all ranking members of the now-dissolved Temple of Lolth are to remain unarmed at all times, at penalty of immediate and forced removal of weapons otherwise.

Lastly, those of the Sorcere are asked to resume duty as normal. Your Master and the rest of your existing structure may stay intact, but ranks shall be integrated to accept any of dragon's blood -- and other races, as is decreed in approval by the Godclaw. Effective immediately.

Deus Imperat


Valsharess Achuak'iejir

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:37 AM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The slaves are not really responding to the announcement, the drow did a good work to break their will in general. As for the drow population, some of them already escaped with the privateers during the fight on the flagship. After the regime change and the announcement, more of them can be seen leaving through the occasionally coming and going ships of the Zau'tars.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Kelia can be seen seperating the more physically fit slaves away from the others and attempting to run them through military style exercises to measure their compliance. She would be heard screaming and speaking harshly to them in a berating and debasing way.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 22:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind has been by the docks lately, examining the boat which was brought into port -- looking over its operating mechanisms and ordering the dry dock workers to disassemble its engine and reassemble it until she was certain of its workings.

Using her practice in constructive knowledge, albeit mostly architectural it was (Engineering rank 1), she would attempt on her own time to draw up a free-body diagram for its engine's individual moving parts, formulate the ideal truss-format for the vessel's central beams; and use the advice Taelar gave to formulate a full vessel from that -- its design, to anyone who actually bothered to catch a glimpse, seemingly odd. It lacked the rounded front and the flat back of a surface vessel; and seemed less a tanky ironclad so much as a war-skiff, fitted for hasty travel, and with a simple ram at its bow.

The designs are forwarded to the dock master -- alongside a note that she is getting them reviewed by someone more experienced than herself (beginner's guidance after all!), with a hefty order of her estimated supplies. A copy of the designs is then taken to the surface...]


// Ask a DM about what kind of quota we're looking at for a by-vessel material basis! Stormwind has enough WIS to adequately assess it.

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 23:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind, as well, has been seen checking up on the Duergar craftsman's handiwork on reforging of the idol. With hands folded at her back, she would even occasionally be seen to simply observe them at work as the progress went on -- though she'd leave if she was waved away by them for looking over his shoulder]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2016, 6:27 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Wherever any such public decree would be posted, the following is put up:]

MoTo wrote:
I Selena V'nami do swear to uphold the position of State Treasurer for the Imperium.
I hereby swear that I will hold loyalty to it alone in relations, I will not use my position to the advantage of myself; for the progress of the Queen is foremost.

Selena V'nami Cardinal of the Queen


[Those running the economic sectors of the city, resources such as the spore farms, the silk-weavers, and those in the Great Forge are immediately notified; messages are dispatched to Xarzith and Aussir'sjach immediately to report to them their progress in their respective sectors and account for their resources. Selena, assuming she did as Stormwind asked, should 'probably' be keeping an eye on any other resource storages that she is allowed to access as well..]

// Sammy! Pop Auss and Xar all PMs with the stuff they should be able to know already, and also expect MoTo to give you one for each economic sector she keeps track of the productivity for

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2016, 19:15 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

If and when any of the slaves such as they are who had put down their picks and chose to follow Kelia and become former slaves would be told the following

It's good that you chose the path you're on. I want you to know and realize the power, dignity, and freedom that will come by focusing the hatred that has to be present in there somewhere. I will work with you to bring that out. There will be rewards for the choice you've made. A salary, the finest gear, and a chance to stand for the very thing that brought you to this day of freedom. Turn it into the vengeance that your captures deserve. Those who do well will be rewarded beyond the compensation of a salary. That will be discussed at the end of your training.

Meanwhile , Kelia heads back below to the ones who chose to remain with those born into slavery, regarding them with contempt.

The rest of you get back to work on this excavation! You will work harder to make up for those who chose more wise than you! I will check back and if the progress is not to my taste, you will be punished!

With that she turns and leaves.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


Last edited by Eltryptich on Sat, Sep 17 2016, 2:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2016, 22:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

With about a tenday of work, the project of forgery seems to be going along rather nicely, yet not quite in a state of completion. The Duregar works carefully and with an unhurried pace, seeking to have the order just right. He would pause every few hours and seek council on his creation, assuring the self-proclaimed 'Valsharess' is satisfied with it.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 1:24 AM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After the talk with the slaves, some of the slaves began to consider the words of the new leader of the city but it takes them a few days to dare to make a decision on their own fate.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 3:14 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

Xzelric the kobold sorcerer is up and about in the city more often, though usually hiding his presence with his shadowdancing skill, he spends his time studying any magical properties of the settlement. Mostly looking for information about it's wards, defenses, potential hazards, and looking into how the Faerzress interacts with things.

Though he does make it subtly known that he wishes to speak with the surviving archmage of the city...

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 7:36 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind would show approval of the Duergar's work, for now; and meanwhile, she'd work on circulating the new land-laws as she stated in her address...]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 23:24 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Kelia could be seen visiting all of the towers of the city and doing an inventory of unspoiled blackwater. She would carefully tally the total to report the Valsharess.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:14 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

The Captain of the Fort would be seen spending several hours working on the "Dome Situation."

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:38 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind and company, for the course of a day or two, would have been seen performing several duties around the town. The ley-node dome was pried open, for aforementioned Tabaxi to work on; the dry dock was visited, and several plans could probably be heard being discussed -- first among the dragon kin and the slaves, then among the Dockmaster and a surfacer…

A few of them would also go in the excavation/slave pits, where conversation could be heard for a few hours; before the Valsharess and those who had not by now broken off to attend to their respective duties saw to working with those annoying city locks…]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Zanthair
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 18 2016, 22:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Location: [st]Ultrinnan[/st] [st]Edonil[/st] Nec'perya

Deep in the still-locked halls of the peninsula fortress of Ussen d'Vhid, an old man stands up from meditation. It has been a long time since he has moved from his room, but hearing whispers down the halls has finally stirred him from his isolation. His armor, once white as the snow of the surface, now a bleak grey from the dust that has settled. This is his first task, carefully removing a rag and wiping down the once sparkling fullplate. Each curve, each spike, each plate is meticulously cleaned as if it were a part of his own body. Once finished, he carefully lays the armor back onto its rack and heads to the heavy warhammer, which hasn't been lifted in too many cycles. It is reliable, however, and still bears the dried gore of battles long forgotten. Lastly, his helmet. The only relic which he has carried throughout his entire life. This helmet was forged in the foundries of Ultrinnan.

His equipment tended, the old man walked to the baths. Drawing the tap for the first time since he could remember, he had a lot of work to do. Slipping into the warm water was a relaxing feeling, and a welcome one. For too long his time has been spent in meditation and meal. Now, it is time for action. His hair was coarse, not the smooth silk he remembered. He needed to be cleansed, for soon he would be bathed in blood.

Leaving the baths, he dressed himself in his fine silken clothes and donned his armor. All this was in silence, for there was only two words on this man's mind. Selvetarm Ultrin.

It was time for Isendu't'tar to venture forth.

//I've been informed that locks were busted in the building under DM supervision, so lets just consider this to have happened while the commotion was starting and Isen, after getting dressed, portaled to L'Obsul.

_________________
Slander [Zanthair Akarupa of the Horsemen of the Apcalypse] - Sorcerer 'Mediocreare'
Isendu't'tar Ussen'd'Vhid d'My'ana'd'Xull'd'Vharcan - possibly the longest name in Amia
Tiffany Seagrass - weak and fragile weaver of words


Last edited by Zanthair on Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:01 AM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The drow population left the city almost entirely after the long warning, using the Zau'Tar ships. The House of L'Obsul transferred them to the city. Only a few remained interested to stay with the 'lessers' who were presumably serving a heretical faith in secret.
In the meantime some of the former duergar and deep gnome slaves begin to work in the dock area following the instructions of a certain deep gnome. The slaves in the caverns are slowly but surely starting to make decisions one by one and hesitantly report to conduct some kind of a job. A significant part of the slave population that were born in captivity have a harder time to make decisions, but one or two of them appear to be curious to walk out and see the changes.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:44 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind could be seen doing brief business with a certain 'Banished' individual; where by, later, a vessel might come into port bearing a certain 'cargo' that might be then recieved upon the delivery of a paper to its crew by the dockmaster.

In the meantime, she would attempt to casually assess the number of drow that 'had' remained between the occasional market trip, and attempt to encourage these members of the commonwealth to continue their trades...]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:01 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Much time would be spent lately surveying the Vanguard building -- occasionally trying to jaunt within and back out before the crystal therein can affect her head more than a faint, dull resonance. She tries her best to assess the radius of its effect, estimate its size, determine the strength of its energy output ((With her 33 Spellcraft)) and take note of any other relevant properties.

If she would be unable to safely do so, wether mind blanked or wearing that L'Obsul bought thin lead-lined helmet; she would instead ask the citizenry what all they knew about these. The Drow citizens she spends time with in particular, and emissaries of Zau'tar are also occasionally questioned on the subject…]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 7:13 AM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After a certain someone enters the Vanguard building, a loud noise can be heard and then a pulsing sound can be heard that shook the ground. After that the Vanguard building explodes which is followed by repeated shockwaves, causing significant damages on teh buildings in the immediate vicinity. Other buildings in the city suffer some minor damages, and the furniture in the building interiors got smashed against the walls. After that...silence....until former inhabitants and visitors appeared in the city.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Galenson
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 12:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 May 2006
Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

In the city of webs where eyes always watch, yet another pair of eyes are deemed of little significance in the recent social reform.

Except this lonely pair of eyes are different. Foreign yet familiar like two sides of the same coin.

Ice blue eyes radiated like luminescent coals, watching, calculating behind the reflection of the city and its new masters within the mirror-polished surface of his adamantine, masquerade patterned mask.

A cunning grin curled over the Scholar's exposed features as he sat upon his perch atop the city's darkest spires, the tips of his weather-beaten coat gently bristling in the cavern breeze.

The tragedy, the opportunities, the progression of the pieces on the board of the great game. He savoured the sweetness of this surprise development in the grand scheme and despite the bitterness of all of his complex work undone in a matter of hours, he liked what he saw. Change was necessary to prove that fate was not pre-ordained after all and such a development was spontaneous change incarnate.

"So... Naltyrr survived. How resourceful of him." He mused.

By now he presumed that others were aware of his austere presence which motivated him to close the weathered book in his hand. With a gentle nudge of his opposite hand, he slid from the spire and let himself fall with the pull of gravity. He fell several stories, his body mass altering as he did so forming denser bone and thicker muscle.

He hit the compact dirt of the formerly Nec'peryan street in a crouching position, weather-beaten trench coat defying gravity and flying upwards briefly upon impact. He could feel the pain in his joints and his bones from such a fall, though his altered physique had compensated for the majority of the harm he would have sustained. After a few moments, he raised to his feet, elongated fangs shrinking back into regular canines as his right hand raised to delicately balance the mirror-polished adamantine mask atop his nose.

"I suppose I better introduce myself..." The Scholar said to nobody in particular as he joined the flotsam and jetsam that constituted the street-level populace of the former Nec'perya. "I do so love an engaging conversation with driven individuals."

He grinned at such a thought. Who better then to start with then the self-titled queen...

_________________
Plays:

- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath: The Twisting Witch. Noble Daughter of House Vilrath, and gifted Illusionist

- The Scholar: Malignancy of the mind, corrupter of the spirit. The Great Game Changer

- Jack Galenson: House MD of Amia, but grumpier


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 13:23 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

Naltyrr can be seen more frequently in Thraan'dariv, with new purpose in his stride. Those paying to the notices he puts up, it seems he now styles himself as Naltyrr Zau'tar having a found a new House for a patron after the destruction of his old.

He occasionally heads down underwater with his servitor, returning with the corpses of skum for the production of new flesh golems.

His secretary, the indefatigable Walschud, can be seen planting a sign on the ruins of the Vanguard Headquarters reading thus:

Sorcere premises temporarily closed

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 15:22 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

Xzelric, after the 'incident', puts his efforts into helping rebuild and repair any damage. Following Naltyrr's example, after some rest, he goes to collect the corpses of some Skum and re-animates them as undead. The new zombified Skum are directed to assist the settlement wherever cheap unskilled labor is required. Xzelric seems to be able to manage to control several of the weaker ones at once. What spare time he has after this is spent on researching other means of mass-undead control.

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 19:36 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Not long after the explosion, some of the old residents of the city come to visit. Soon a few flying visitors arrive as well and attack the remaining denizens of the settlement. The deep gnome populations is starting to talk about something that they call: THE PROPHECY!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 1:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

Naltyrr goes into seclusion for a time in the basement of the Port House, his secretary Walschud remaining his point of contact to those trying to get into contact with him.

If asked what his master is doing, the svirfneblin would reply; "Experimenting with certain substances."

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
Missing Scales
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 10:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Aug 2016
Location: Sitting upon my throne of salt, collected from the tears of my enemies.

Dockmaster Xarzith, following a command from the Godclaw, as well as to alleviate her own tension headache from their squabbles, orders the dockworkers currently engaged in maintenance of the seawall to split into groups. The duergar are to continue maintenance, while the gnomes are to preform surveys of the caverns entrances. They are ordered to take whatever measures necessary to acquire size and location information, but not to take undue risk to themselves in doing so.

_________________
Xarzith- Whitescale, exile of the Reghedmen. (Missing Some Scales)


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Kelia would as ordered any have go below the city to visit the slaves and former slaves to see if any had come to a conclusion on their fate. Once she receives her answer and if any decide to join the Vargach'dekza, she gets them set up and then heads out to do research elsewhere.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
Zanthair
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 17:38 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Location: [st]Ultrinnan[/st] [st]Edonil[/st] Nec'perya

Isen, after tidying his long empty private residence and picking up after the blast, seems to stay within his residence, as if he doesn't particularly care about what is going on outside or with the slaves. He does, however, always have his hammer within arms reach just in case an uninvited guest arrives.

_________________
Slander [Zanthair Akarupa of the Horsemen of the Apcalypse] - Sorcerer 'Mediocreare'
Isendu't'tar Ussen'd'Vhid d'My'ana'd'Xull'd'Vharcan - possibly the longest name in Amia
Tiffany Seagrass - weak and fragile weaver of words


 
      
Angelis96
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 23:45 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 17 Dec 2015

Quote:
Selena V'nami

Dear Honored one

I have spent the last few weeks compiling everyones efforts into a short list of what can be worked on
what has been worked on, and what we can do in the future for the town as far as resources and from
talking to a few individuals I have come up with this brief list to show what is in the town and what
we can do.



Resources for profit in Nec'perya:

- Drug Trade (garden as well as alchemist benches)
- Slave trade (possibly trade with the illithids)
- Shadowscape access (easy access globally for trade as well as for militaristic needs)
- Silk? (Currently Gin is working on finding a way to tame spiders)
- Dock Exports (Currently Xar is working on getting the docks up and running as well as building ships
for trade, Nalt has offered to help with his engineering skills to speed up the process.)

Resources for building et cetera in Nec'perya

- Fungi
- Stone
- Gems
- Minerals
- Timber
- Silk? (see above)

Laber abilities:
- Current slave capacity
- Possible slave market in future

Also there is Water elementals deep within the caves below Nec'perya that may have information on the aboleths for a price.
As well as bargaining partners in general.


in short this is what I have found after a few weeks of digging. Possible edits will be made in the future and I will send you notice
but for now this is what I have.

P.S. I have posted on several town boards about a scroll of legend lore to no avail after 3 weeks, perhaps it is time to search for other avenues.

Long live the queen

Signed: Cardinal Selena V'nami State Treasurer of Nec'perya

_________________
Arieme - Condemned Blighter and anti-druid
Khristina - Bounty Hunter, Blessed of Hoar


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2016, 9:17 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

After the battle and the transport back to Thraan'Dariv, The Ulsaruk walked into the Vargach'dekza HQ and into the nice hot baths after removing her armor. Then after a long soak she penned a notice to place up in the halls

Eltryptich wrote:
A notice is placed in the halls of the Vargach'dekza building

I am raising the Ner'Sthyri Sven to the rank of Sixth Meager reflecting his presence as well as bravery and prowess in the battle against the Neogi. Congratualations Sven.

Ulsaruk Kelia Angston


She would then retire to her private quarters for rest so she could start work as early as possible

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2016, 18:31 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Following the evening campaign against the Neogi, Stormwind can be seen retiring to the idol wearily. She doesn't again come out that evening, nor does she rest; simply seeming to stare upward at her goddess' idol... were anyone to come in, she'd simply utter an order without turning to face them if she acknowledged their presence whatsoever.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2016, 20:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

The day following the offensive the Ulsaruk exits Vargach'dekza HQ to retrieve a small number of the slave force. She then returns to Vargach'dekza HQ to begin work assessing any damage to the building, cleaning, removal of Lolthite paraphernalia, and a general straightening up of the place. Any trinkets and treasures such as statues etc. are moves to the central room. The entry chamber is completely cleared away.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2016, 22:57 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[When the morning rose on the surface, and the cycle begun beneath; Stormwind could finally be seen exiting the temple. There was a satchel over shoulder the other evening which no longer was -- and she carried her staff in hand with an irregular favor...

Moving to key points of the city, she'd scatter ruby dusts; which would, at the tap of a staff and the iteration of a command word, sweep themselves into a uniform shape and coalesce. Imbedding themselves into the ground, it seemed; and briefly seeping with blood before becoming non distinct, and the pattern was repeated in front of the door of all official and economic structures, at the docks, near the leynode, and indeed one was at the door within the temple as well if one went to look. For good measure, she would cast Water Walk; and casting the dusts unto the water, do here the same as they sunk below the waves with a glimmer…]


  Lore 20 or Knowledge of Infernal

[The words spoken at each one seem to be more than a mere mantra; deliberate, carefully spoken -- and phrased to precision:] "Upon this ground, commit your claw; may all who are of the Neogi, or of their brood, meet their end treading over it; may they wither from head to toe as the breath of a mighty black corrodes the wailing form of the unwary trespasser of their haunt -- so long as your eye may keep watch…"






[This seemed all she emerged to do, though she was happy to indulge the conversation of anyone who stopped to speak to her; and while her helmet wouldn't show it, one could likely assume she held a smile beneath her visor by her tone… or did she? Every other mannerism suggested severity rather than joy, and after a walk to see the bustle and activity which might move through the market, she would simply move back to the Temple for an hour at least more…]



// Subject to being edited based on Lutra's consent!

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 01 2016, 9:19 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[A few parchments find their way about, through the midst of these turbulent times; fast making their way to the newly emancipated commonwealth, and perhaps drawing a few curious eyes… or maybe just being ignored!]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group