View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2010, 7:37 AM 

Player

*Sand removal operations*

Mineself has been overseeing the removal of the sands for sometime, an firstly i must thank all tarkuulians an allies of the living city for all the hard work an assistance rendered thus far. an i hope that you will all continue to do so, with spell summon an spade.

I now must ask that we go a step further, our efforts have uncovered a great deal an allowed us to repair much. Now we must all work together to make a great contribution that will spearhead this initiative.

I have devised a scenario that will ensure a great amount of sand is removed, an it will require the following procedure followed.

Item's required.

1. portal wand
2. "sand net" & pitons ( supplied by the Magistariun Mortis)
3. Access to Ethereal Jaunt or Etherealness ( Some clerics or wizards will have a limited number of this spell to assist)
4. Access to protective magics, stone skin & Protection from elements.

Procedure

As the portals remain open for an extend period of time when something is in transit we will use this to move as much as as possible through the lay-line system.

Firstly those who can cast protective magics on them-self do so or have others do the same, such as stoneskin to protect against the crushing pressure of the sands and elemental protection.

Secondly those who can cast Ethereal Jaunt or Etherealness will do so on themselves and or others, and sink below the sands until we locate the bottom of the sands on "street level".

Taking your "sand net" 10ft by 10ft you will piton it into the ground at street level. The net will be crafted from not just twine and cloth but also have metals such as adamntite woven into it to keep it strong.

Once the net is secure you will take out your portal wand an activate it to a designated location, then lead down an grasp the net with one hand an dismiss your ethereal jaunt.

You will feel a momentarily crushing feeling as well as cold just before you are rushed through the portal with a steady flow of sand. You are expected to once on the other side "avoid your flow of sand" an move to a safe distance an return to tarkuul to assist with damage control an security.

Making use of this procedure should ensure the maximum amount of sand is removed while still being time an cost effective.

The location that you transport the sand to will be chosen by the city an all will be offered a chance on the day to bind at said location for use in this work.

Those who can cast the above spells or would like to be taught the use of said spells that are able to cast seven an ninth circle spells are to report the the high magistaris office so that they can be assigned to groups of people to maximize the amount of people participating.

Secondly during an after this all Arcanist who can be taught the spell "move earth" will be an then guided to move large amounts of earth that were not removed with the above procedure.

Regards

High Magistari.

------------------------------------------------------------

:ROSTER:

Group1:

Group2:

Group3:

Group4:

Group5:

-------------------------------------------------------------

9th January 2011, 10:00 AM GMT + 8

*link to countdown*

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=09&month=01&year=2011&hour=10&min=00&sec=00&p0=196

Spells.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ethere ... 28Spell%29

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ethereal_Jaunt

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2010, 14:44 PM 

Player

// those who intend to come if you could rsvp hear that be great, tormak must be present for this event, an he hopefully will be, if not we will change the time.

maimed247

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2010, 16:03 PM 

Player

// +8 gmt here too unsure if my pc can be much help but will be present to assist xD

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 01 2011, 10:52 AM 

Player

*These posters are replaced with some updates, an a rip of section for people to RSVP*

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 02 2011, 9:41 AM 

Player

*Sees the notice and grins under her helm as she shakes her head signing up muttering something to herself*

Heh th' Ol' coots goin' through with that crazy idea, glad I thought it not to crazy to mention...hell it might even work.

*chuckles as she signs the roster*

High Magestri Mulgin,

I will RSVP to be there personally. I will bring a Horsemen Legionaire Golem to aid in the process as promised. I'll leave orders in Genesis as well with instruction to aid in the event.

Legion
High General Rose Dal'lorn

//Jan 8th for me at 8pm CST GMT-6
Here's the Cont. US Timezones ;)
(Jan 8th not 9th for US)
( PST:6pm / MST:7pm / CST:8pm / EST:9pm )

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 06 2011, 6:05 AM 

Player

*notice is placed up again?*

All Tarkuulians are welcome to come an assist in this matter, i have considerable pledges from various individuals to assist in this matter further an i hope to see many of of those i would call brother an allies in attendance, tho i welcome even those i would not to attend an assist.

Regards

High Magistari

My Sovereign

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 06 2011, 21:38 PM 

Player

*Due to a very curious coincidence, I may be there for this, Howl will contact Valkin with details*

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 07 2011, 1:54 AM 

Player

//I will be in attendance

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 08 2011, 1:02 AM 

Player

// i shall be attending this event as dated, but its completion is dependent on dm supervision yet to be confirmed, so it may not take place in the end an be pushed forward to another weekend.

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 08 2011, 22:57 PM 

Player

*A curiously colorful elven female reads the notice for the first time. Tapping a finger on her lip, she nods, deciding to pen her name in:*

I would enjoy very much helping, though I may not be able to stay until the completion on the move. Just in case however, I have memorized one of the required spells to assist if necessary. I will cast protective spells for any who need them.

~Reana

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 1:10 AM 

Player

*Valkin would be seen wandering about the sands above making notes reading for the matter at hand*

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 1:47 AM 

Player

*small not is tacked up*

Sand removal operation is a go an shall be commencing within half a candle.

Regards

High Magistari Valkin Mulgin.

// 20 min or less.

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 4:13 AM 

Player

*valkin would be seen enchanting undead an pacing back an forth while they dig, he would not sleep or eat other than to replenish his spells an will not leave till the bodys have been uncovered*

// occ thx all for coming, sorry it was such a mess up. ill try to resolve this icly an host another event that will hopefully work, i guess its all a learning curve. I really appreciate the attendance tho.

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 4:27 AM 

Player

*Reana would be about to assist in any way she could, but more often than anything else, she is seen dumping sand from her boots and trying futilely to dust off her mummy*

//Despite the failure, I am glad I got to be there.

'Get em!' is occasionally a good plan.
"She's usually pretty level..."

maimed247

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 4:29 AM 

Player

This isn't right. He thinks. Have him against one of the most fearsome creatures imaginable, He'd fight until his last breath. But here trapped beneath feet of crushing sand. Everything so close, he intakes a panicked breath. Hurriedly laying out the net he'd been given. Setting pitons into the city's floor. Fumbling for his portal wand, it doesn't work. Panic hits. Rising to the surface where some others are gathered, he drops his ethereal shield and gasps in open space. Skeletons are moving from there posts shovels in hands. It appears some did not make it. The few that rose back to the top of the sands now hastily searching for there fallen companions. Once calmed he takes up a shovel and helps the skeletons dig, muttering to himself "Never again".

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 4:38 AM 

Player

Skeletons and zombies dig for hours until four bodies are unearthed: The bodies of a kobold, a man identified as "Moshe", a ggenerla of the Horsemen, and a woman identified as a Banite. They are given over to Valkin to handle, and he is curtly told by the Shadow Mage that they are his responsibility.

P Three

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 5:06 AM 

DM

Watching from the sidelines, Katsumi can't help a snicker when Moshe gets pulled out...

"So /that's/ where he disappeared to..."

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 8:29 AM 

Player

*the body's would be taken to the temple of velsharoon were valkin would clean them himself an re-dress them in robes an raise them, he would apologizes for the mistake an offer then quarters to stay in till they feel at full health again, an thank them for aiding the living city in the removal of the sands, an hopes that they will attend another time when the matters that cause this to take place are resolved*

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 10 2011, 1:58 AM 

Player

*upon waking Rose seems different, can't really place a finger on it but something about her has changed, once she's raised she rises slowly rolling over on her side and once her wound's are tended to she pushes herself with a struggle known only to her. After gaining her coherentcy back her sight slowly returns to her as she blinks until things come back in focus. As noted the first person she spots is Valkin her eyes narrow at him, as her memories return. She wonders if the ten foot intervals for the dig she originally suggested in her plan might have been more successful as she shakes her head thinking back. Then suddenly she gasps slightly having a flashback of the darkness, the pressure, the cold and now this. "Oh hells, why didn't they just let me stay dead...no wait, not yet, it isn't done, I still got a job ta do." she thinks to herself as she forces her body to stand her equilibrium slowly returns, she steadies to her feet, nodding to Valkin, still seeming somewhat irritated*

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]