View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
beciv

PostPosted: Sun, May 22 2011, 18:38 PM 

Player

A slender man with tattoos of flames covering his body could be observed wandering the city. He usually seen wearing red formal robes with dark ashen colored embroidry and carrying a staff and small decorative wand made of silver, ivory and gold. He is most often seen in the library studying rituals or in one of the small chambers connected to the libray performing the rituals that strengthen his flesh and grant him dark vision.

Anyone in close proximity to him would feel heat radiating from his body. When in deep concentration his eyes seem to flash with the light of flames. He speaks just above a whisper and his voice has an unearthly sound that crackles like burning wood.

P Three

PostPosted: Sun, May 22 2011, 19:25 PM 

DM

He is met by the small drowess in black and purple robes. Irae'arra introduces herself, welcomes him to the Living City, and answers any questions he may have, to the best of her ability. Before they part, she encourages him to seek her out if there comes a time at which he needs accompaniment on any training expedition.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 18:27 PM 

Player

Another visitor in traipses in having come from the classroom in the Tower obviously pleased. Her blue and gold robes swirl around her although her steps seem heavy as if she’s probably not wearing slippers. She waits for a pause in activity and then thrusts a book at him, her blue eyes bright with excitement. “Look, look, look.” She says opening up the book for him. “I need more samples now.”

She tucks a lock of her red hair behind an ear and continues without pausing, “Have you seen laws? I’ve been looking but to no avail.” She furrows her brows in thought. “The city is much too quiet and controlled to be without laws.“

beciv

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 21:12 PM 

Player

He grins and a wheezy popping sound that she would recognize as hislaugh escapes him at her excitement over the new book. Lume glances over it's content and promises to read it after his studies. "I have aquired several samples for you and have them stored safely for when you need them."

He then returns his gaze to the cauldren in front of him. "This limb will soon be ready for attachment. I will require your assistance when the time comes." He cracks a grin at her. "It was so nice of Muurmuundamned to lend me a hand...Well arm."

Last edited by beciv on Mon, May 23 2011, 23:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

P Three

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 22:34 PM 

DM

The drowess, tending to hover nearby in open areas, for just such an occasion, speaks up, her elven hearing more than equal to the task of eavesdropping.

"What would you know, of the rules of the Living City? While I am not an expert, my father has tutored me intensely. I will aid as best I am able."

Yee-haw!

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 1:16 AM 

Player

Turning towards the voice of the drowess she smiles at the smaller figure. "How kind of you to offer. Yes, I am interested in the law here. And meeting those who are responsible for the smooth operation of the Living City." She studies the drowess as she continues, "And might I just say the training room is wonderfully set up. I have so enjoyed my studies there thus far."

P Three

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 2:53 AM 

DM

"Sadly, to my knowledge, there is no Council, and no Speaker who has openly assumed the mantle. You might attend the leader of the Magestrium Mortis, a thayvian human, or the Captain of the Living Guard insofar as the legislation of this place is concerned. I do what I can to meet the new inhabitants and see to their need; if there is anything you find yourselves requiring, I am at your behest. I can always be reached by Sending, and anything I cannot answer, I am confident my father or master Cerestan can."

She spends some time reviewing the laws as she knows them; including the utter lack of tolerance the City holds for those who disrupt the rightful pursuit of knowledge by others, various banned entities (Banites, Mathan's Velsharans, et cetera), the fact that the City, not the inhabitants, make the laws, and that sort of thing.
While she by no means knows it all, the general gist that she conveys is "Learn, and don't get in anyone else's way". Lacking a formal set of rules, she hopes that all she passes along is correct.
"And always respect the orders of the Living Guard. Even if they seem not to make sense, bear in mind that the City knows what is going on. Trust in It."

Yee-haw!

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 18:17 PM 

Player

She mostly nods as Irae'arra speaks although she seems interested in speaking to the Captain of the Living Guard and frowns at the mention of Mathan's Velsharans.

“I am interested in speaking at length about several of the things you have mentioned. And I have some information you may find interesting.”

P Three

PostPosted: Wed, May 25 2011, 2:30 AM 

DM

Irae nods, the mention of information making her eyes narrow.
"Indeed. Well, come with me, and let us speak over some tea, or wine as you prefer."

Yee-haw!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]