View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Sat, May 28 2011, 0:06 AM 

Player

Kitrayanava found them, she clutched the book to her with a grin. Then she carefully wrote them out and posted them in the library. She had ink stained and cramped fingers by the time she finished and was careful not to mar the fine parchment. The crisp pages with neat writing in common await the gaze of all.

The Laws of Tarkuul: The Living City

The FIRST Law - The Overruling Law: No being, living or otherwise, will ever impede the progress of power and knowledge of another being, living or otherwise. Keep your knowledge to yourself if you must, but do not harm another’s journey for knowledge.

This is the Overruling Law, and is generally the Law to fall back on if there are ever any conflicts. If conflicts arise, the Fist Law takes precedence. The Voice recognized stealing and spying as legitimate methods of acquisition of knowledge and power. If you are able to succeed at stealing your desire or spying on your target, clearly you are the more worthy holder of the knowledge and the power it bequeaths. However, if you are caught, you can expect to be dealt with at the whim of the owner. Clearly you should become better at acquiring the knowledge you so desperately seek.

The SECOND Law: All who come to Tarkuul in peace, searching for knowledge and power, and who have knowledge and power to spread are to be welcomed with open arms.

As long as they abide by the Laws of the City, they are allowed to walk and do as they wish. There are no exceptions even to enemies of the City. Enemies will be watched closely but unless they exhibit hostile tendencies they will not be harmed.

The THIRD Law: Do not harm another living or otherwise, except in self defense or if it is an enemy of the City. Once a being living or otherwise has broken the Laws it no longer enjoys the protection of the Laws and may be dealt with as any citizen living or otherwise feels fit up to and including death, experimentation and reanimation. One count of vengeance may be extracted per incident.

An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. Scores may be “evened” but undue revenge may not be extracted or the wronged may find themselves on the receiving end of “Correction”.

The FOURTH Law: Experiments, research and etc may be performed on beings of any intelligence and any sentience. The bringer of the being is responsible for the actions of their slaves and their subjects.

If a necromancer unleashes an undead that he cannot control and the undead slays another mage, the summoning necromancer is guilty of murder. The same applies if a slave rebels and escapes causing damage to the City in the process.

The FIFTH Law – The Inclusive Law: Citizens, living or otherwise are free to do as they wish in Tarkuul unless outlined as illegal above.

Trade may be conducted, research begun, ended, knowledge shared (or sold for knowledge always has a price), classes taught. The Voice and it’s arm, the Council, in accordance to the Voices’s diction to the Speaker, will ultimately decide in an action is harmful to the City and its denizens, living or otherwise.

P Three

PostPosted: Sat, May 28 2011, 15:28 PM 

DM

All whom wish personal copies of these laws, please see me.

-I. Div'urden

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Metalien

PostPosted: Sun, May 29 2011, 21:55 PM 

Player

Cerestan reads the notes, and being a former councilor, he nods sternly and gratefuly that these two people had taken time to reiterate these important eddicts of the voice.

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 07 2011, 9:41 AM 

Player

*rolls his eyes at the notice, an the need to continually recite the same edicts that have been so since the city's rebirth*

P Three

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 07 2011, 9:57 AM 

DM

A copy of the book is sent to Cerestan, with a note on the inside flap printed carefully.
"Cerestan, please examine this for accuracy. I will be drawing up a list of the positions presently, though I shall not be inserting names, so that they can be useful later.
All my best
~Irae'arra

Yee-haw!

Metalien

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 07 2011, 11:18 AM 

Player

A short but friendly note is sent to Irae'arra.

Irae'arra,

I would suggest sending this to The Voice rather than me. Since I stepped down I no longer hold a position in the city to state anything with any official nature.

Ask the Shadow Mage in the main lobby to have the book dictated to The Voice via the Consulate Chambers.

Kindest Regards.

~Cerestan.

P.S. My personal opinion is that this is a very good piece of work and is commendable, I find no need to change anything, though The Voice may deem changes neccesary according to it's will.

Dead

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 05 2011, 20:38 PM 

Player

I need the clarification on the mentioned laws above.
It seems that my way of logical concluding has
either failed miserably, or the laws stand in opposition.
Anyway...

== The THIRD Law: Do not harm another living or otherwise, ==
== except in self defense or if it is an enemy of the City. ==

== The FOURTH Law: Experiments, research and etc may be ==
== performed on beings of any intelligence and any sentience. ==
== The bringer of the being is responsible for the actions of ==
== their slaves and their subjects. ==

What if the nature of the experiment is harmful for the
subject (living or otherwise)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

P Three

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 05 2011, 20:56 PM 

DM

Your own slaves and experiments are your possessions. However, if in TAKING them you either break the third law or endanger the city, you are in violation.

If you harm another's possessions (read: slaves), you are in violation.

I. D'Tsab

Yee-haw!

Dead

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:55 AM 

Player

Thank you. But could you define "Endanger the city" please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 06 2011, 15:13 PM 

DM

Anything which openly draws the ire of other groups or makes the City at risk for an attack, such as kidnapping to have slaves to use here is risking the security of the City.

Basically, think before you act. If the consequences of what you do include the EO/paladins/drow beating our doors down, don't do it.

I D'Tsab.

Yee-haw!

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 12 2012, 8:10 AM 

Player

*Visiting the message boards in the library as the Lieutenant instructed quite some time after there meeting, Rose notes down the Laws with quill and ink after scanning over the boards for some time, muttering a bit under her breath appearing irritated*

You'd think since the living guard are supposed to uphold these damn laws they'd be a more prominent notice. Hells I'll frame the damn things if they want or make a sign or something...heh

*Shakes her head amused at her own remarks noticing her mood as she continues to write seemingly commiting what she writes to memory. Afterwords she reads the others comments on the laws as well and rolls her eyes, then chuckles slightly*

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2012, 17:55 PM 

Player

Captain Aly'isgar pauses to straighten the Laws posted in the library with a slight half smile. Then turns to the Librarian.

"I search for the one called Rose." Aly'isgar tells the Librarian Rose's description, having met Rose in person. "Should you see her, let her know this."

With a precise pivot Captain Aly'isgar strides out of the library towards the mythal corruptor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]