View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02 2012, 23:53 PM 

Player

A single copy, in bold print is left on the castle door:

It is with great pleasure that I thank the guardsmen and Magi of the city for their efforts. Everyone's hard work has paid off, and we have a new section of the City to show for it. With continued efforts we'll have many new buildings to repair and inhabit. I encourage everyone to continue with the drive and focus they have shown. Continue to bring in trade and visitors, do everything you can to ensure our home turns into the thriving City it deserves to be.

There are many opportunities for those that wish to assist in the City's restoration should they have the desire to improve their home and be recognized for their efforts.

If you are of martial bent, consider joining the Living Guard, the City's defense and expedition force. Talk to Captain Sicarius for details.

Should the quest for knowledge and arcane power be a task more suited to you, Headmaster Lucius has plenty of projects to assign to hopeful members of the Magisterium

Should you have ideas or artisan skills to offer the budding trade cartel, leave word for Miss Phrixus in the Trade Hall, where the old Dining area was.

Should matters need to be brought to the Voice or the Council directly, I am always available in the office of the Speaker. I wish you all luck with your ventures, and eagerly await to see how our home grows.

~Speaker Luca Severin

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 28 2012, 21:44 PM 

Player

The following it put on the door of the castle, out of the rain. Luca looked thoughtful when tacking it up, but quickly disappeared to see to his work shortly after.

It has been over a tenday since I have extended a diplomatic invitation to Justicar Marinsbane concerning the apparent hostilities between our citizens. I have received no response. In light of this, I can only assume that these 'knights' prefer bloodshed over civilized discourse. However, as the City has always done, we will take the moral high ground. Take no action against the City of Kohlingen or it's people save in self-defense. This is not to say, however, that we will be intimidated by the posturing of their leader. Learn the Laws of the lands in which you travel and follow them explicitly. They will be your shield against the vigilantism of these gilded brigands.

Find companions and travel in groups when in the lawless wilds of the land, and defend yourself with extreme prejudice against harassment or interrogation. These false heroes will often break their own codes of Honor and give no quarter, so give none in return if harried on your lawful business. Be aware that the protection of the City can only be stretched so far, there is in fact a standing precedence that guests that attract undue attention by abusing the neutrality of the City can be asked to leave. I do not wish to see this happen to any of you. Be discreet in your work and mindful of the consequences of your actions. Return to the City often to find traveling companions to assist you in your work, or to contribute to the City's projects, so that you will ensure the strength of your neutral home. Be courteous and eloquent in your dealings, and with intelligence and a little foresight Tarkuul will prosper.

The notice was left unsigned.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2012, 9:29 AM 

Player

A man in a dark grey suit laughs to himself, musing to himself quietly as he goes to peruse the library.

"Underestimating and insulting your enemy, and then continuing to hide behind your walls and this 'voice'. Knowledge abundant and wisdom lacking. I miss the old leaders, they were far more qualified for their respective positions..."

He laughs out loud, at a thought or memory, and departs through a portal, likely to be seen later on and just as likely to not...

CouncilofAutumn

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 29 2012, 16:38 PM 

Player

A lanky, athletic archaeologist passes by the sign on his way from the portal to the Court of the Living, detouring slightly to gain a better look. The thin line of his lips moves little as his pale eyes frame the page, but by the end of it his eyebrows have gathered and furrowed above them in deep thought. Thoroughly distracted by their contents, he moves away only a few meters to the edge of the city where it overlooks the sea, his hands folded behind his back and cowl lowered in meditation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]