View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Glim

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 10 2013, 18:36 PM 

Player

A crooked man wearing robes of black and black-green takes time out of his day to walk through the Living City of Tarkuul, now more alive than ever. Seeming to rely heavily on the gnarled staff of some exquisitely rich, dark wood with which to walk, the somewhat odd looking man doesn't strike a very intimidating figure at first glance. His face shows a partial disfigurement of the type born from some unfortunate accident by all appearances, though he walks proud despite this. A thick spellbook hangs from a chain around his waist and despite his rather ordinary trappings otherwise, lacking any mantles of station or indication or rank, an almost palpable aura of certainty of purpose and the power it brings, hangs about him.

As he walks, several copies of a letter are seen in his hands, and he makes a point to stop at each of the notice boards in the city, before making a final stop in the Kraken. As a few people take notice at the signature on the bottom of the letters that he posts, a small group of the refugees would begin to follow him, asking questions, looking for some form of reassurance, or even just studying the oddity of a man. By the time he reaches the Kraken, a small crowd would have formed, and he would offer the written words himself in an impromptu speech.

Citizens of Cordor, be welcome.

Some of you may have chosen to come to Tarkuul, out of a feeling that you had nowhere else to
go, a last resort. I cannot fault you for this. Kohlingen and a myriad of other forces have time and
again expounded on the dangers this city represents, that we are monstrous and damaged. Some
of you, looking at me today, may even harbor such thoughts yourself. My own scars are born of a
betrayal long ago, by a friend, a neighbor, someone I had entrusted with my life and the lives of
those I held dear; much as the scars you bear inside you, inflicted by your neighbors in Cordor.

Despite what some have said of us, this city has been and always shall be the home of those with
a desire to pursue their chosen craft in peace, security and in cooperation. Though you have only
recently arrived in Tarkuul, and may have doubts or fears about what the future holds for you here,
remember this and know that as free-thinking individuals with those very same desires, Tarkuul has
always been your home and shall be for as long as -you- choose.

You have endured trying times in Cordor. and now you have left behind your homes, your shops,
your livelihoods; but you needn't fear or despair. Residences are already being arranged for you,
new opportunities to ply your chosen trades will be open to you and in time your lives will become
whole again. You may lean on us, in your time of need, and when you are ready you will find that
this City needs each of you, that there is a place here for each of you.

That this city can be a home to you.

In service,
~ Magistrate Xilphas ~

To any of the new residents that might have further questions for him, he would invite them to write of their concerns (with the help of any member of the city's officials for those who cannot write themselves) that he might best be able to prioritize their needs. He also offers that the Council, two of whom they have already met, are easily capable of addressing immediate concerns directly, before quietly excusing himself.

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2014, 19:33 PM 

Player

Seemingly further to the initial statement from the Castellan regarding Quintessence and those afflicted, a new statement is issued from the office of the Magistrate.

To those residents of Tarkuul who have been afflicted by the Far Realm substance
know as Quintessence, know that we do not abandon you. Those who have been working on
methods of combating the infection and removing it from you, near completion of their work. Word
will be sent to each when it has been deemed safe to remove the threat from your physical forms,
at which time you will be welcomed back into the Enclave unquestioningly. The removal of all
Quintessence from the Enclave was deemed necessary not only to protect its citizens, but as a
precaution for the Enclave itself, should it prove susceptible.

To the residents of Amia and other affected environs, I posit the following for your consideration.

Why is the Quintessence being produced?

The fact that it is, and the threat that it poses to those individuals afflicted, may prove to pale in
comparison to the purpose behind the affliction. Whatever temporal threats are faced within our
own realm, the alien nature of the Far Realm is such that even should it appear benign, its very
existence in our realm will prove antitheses to life as we understand it.

I invite all who have knowledge of Quintessence and the Far Realm entities which have been
plaguing us in recent months, to collaborate and determine the reasons behind their existence in
our realm, and the most effective ways to prevent that interference from continuing.

In service,
~ Magistrate Xilphas ~

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, May 07 2014, 6:42 AM 

Player

Copies of the notices that find their way to Cordor, are also pinned up around the Living City.

Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 17:41 PM 

Player

Bearing the official seals of Mherun and of the Enclave of Tarkuul itself, a proclamation like none other seen within Onyxtarashmus since the days of the Netherese Empire, is posted not only in Tarkuul itself, but sent to the City Hall of Kohlingen, the Town Hall of Bendir Dale and the temporary quarters of the Commonwealth Government in Cordor. Additional copies are sent to Alanna of Wharftown, the Guldorand Logging Company, Fortress Wiltun and even the far-off holdfast of the dwarves, Barak Runedar.

Citizens of the Amia and the Trackless Sea,

From the past do we draw our most poignant lessons, history proving the most apt teacher of them
all; it is from the lessons of the past that the threat Collin Reyes represented was fully realized. Yet
was it not to the future that we looked, each of us in or own way, that spoke of the necessity of
resistance. In the faces of our children, of loyal brothers and sisters in arms, of those we swore to
protect and in our own desires for the freedom to choose what path our lives shall take.

This day, in the Enclave of Tarkuul, shall be remembered as a Holy Day by its citizens and by history
itself, as it will be remembered across Faerun. For the joys of our continued freedom to choose our
own path, see to fruition our own potential - something which Reyes and his Arcanum sought to rob
us of - shall we celebrate on this day, and each year following. An invitation, to all those who
resisted Collin Reyes whether directly or even in name, is extended; join us in celebration two days
hence as we prepare a feast for you and give thanks to those who ensured our futures.

On this day do we also look to the future of the Enclave as a whole. Many have been the questions
of my return, of my renewed stewardship of this Enclave as its Magistrate, and our intentions for
the future. To some, our presence has been of a looming shadow, both an uncertainty of the
Enclave's true purpose, and a certainty that it be dark in nature. In light of this, and as my personal
assurance of our benevolent intent, I henceforth descend from the office of the Magistrate and
name another in my stead.

More than three years past, a wayward man entered this Enclave, uncertain and lacking in purpose,
searching for some strand of the potential he felt his future held. Beginning his journey within the
stacks of our library as so many do, he began to learn of this Enclave's history, to learn from the
lessons of the past. It was within our halls that he found his way to his true faith, the calling of the
priesthood that resonated to his core and showed him the potential of his life, his future. It was
within the freedom enjoyed by every visitor and resident of the Enclave that he began to forge a
place for himself here, a home, and to renew the faith of his Lord Jergal within our Enclave. Though
his journey has been long, and there is yet greater roads to travel, his loyalty to his Lord and to this
Enclave have been unwavering.

On this day do I appoint the Keeper of Tarkuul, First Scrivener Grim, to the office of Magistrate and
hold him to the duties and responsibilities of this title.

In honor of the victory over the would-be oppressor Collin Reyes - a victory in the name of freedom
- and in honor of Magistrate Grim's appointment - an appointment made possible by the freedom
enjoyed within this Enclave - do I grant such freedom to nine hundred and ninety-nine slaves
formerly held by the Illithids of Underport, the entirety of their stock.

These freemen and women will arrive to the Enclave two days hence, during the celebration and
thanks giving of Reyes' defeat and will be invited to partake of that bounty. From there may they
stay within the Enclave as its newest citizens, or be offered safe passage to any of the cities or
towns of the region, to which I ask as my final act as Magistrate that the governments of those
settlements make them welcome as their own.

We look now to the future, all of us, now that our future has been ensured. Homes will be rebuilt,
honored dead will be remembered in song and in heart, the countless lives they saved will be made
whole again, in time. Look now to your futures, not just yours but those of your fellows as well, and
forge ahead.

In gratitude,
~ Mherun Xilphas ~

// The celebration will take place Monday night, Pacific Time, somewhere between 5-9pm, give or take. Fairly fluid event, social gathering for the most part. All welcome to attend.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]