View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, May 10 2015, 16:17 PM 

Player

During the night, notices are placed upon the doors leading into the Temple of Velsharoon as well as the general noticeboards throughout the city have appeared. Each of the parchments bearing a black wax stamp imprinted with the symbol of Velsharoon bearing the initials L.J. on either side. The posts are written in neat legible common.

To the citizens of the Living City,

It is with pleasure I write to inform that through the use of careful study both magical and mundane that the origins of how the city of Tarkuul came to rise has been revealed. Though we have only pulled aside a mere fragment of the veil, the significance of what has been discovered thus far will potentially reshape the future.

Tarkuul originally was once a rogue enclave from the days of the Netherese empire. After 2,000 years spent on the bottom of the Trackless Sea, due to the Folly of Karsus, the enclave rose from its depths - a feat that no mortal would be capable of in this age. In tribute to the ascension of Tarkuul, under guidance by the Voice, a group of labourers erected a temple alongside two great obelisks that carry the message; "To the Archmage of Necromancy, The Living City offers this tribute for it was His hand that raised it from beneath the waves". And since then, these obelisks have stood proudly outside the Temple of Velsharoon.

The Living City stands as it is today because of the devotion and hard work of each of us. But it was Velsharoon himself that gave us the canvas with which we have recreated a small portion of the glory that was the Netherese empire in this modern era. Something that we should be proud of.

May we find wisdom and knowledge in the Lich Lords favour.

- Necromaster Laura Jarshall
High Priestess of Velsharoon

Come dawn, a raven takes flight out from the Vaunted Temple heading east over the horizon. Around its neck is a small cylinder case, the contents unknown and its destination just as mysterious...

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Fri, May 15 2015, 19:59 PM 

Player

The living inhabitants of Tarkuul seem to find great joy in debating the validity of the Necromaster's posting, as commoners are wont to do. Some argue that the gods do not often show mortals such attention, while others seem to agree that no mortal being could have risen an entire city from beneath the water's surface, much less allow it to float! One thing, however, is certain - the number of visitors come to look upon the obelisks has swelled since.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, May 15 2015, 22:04 PM 

Player

If anyone were to discuss or debate the validity of the obelisks with the Necromaster herself, they would find she is quite amiable in conversation. Naturally, her contribution into any such debate holds no small amount of bias towards the Lich Lord's teachings, but her own view on them seems far more agreeable than what rumour and hearsay would have lead them to thought. She is certainly not the child-eating baby-sacrificing demon many think, but simply a woman with unconventional beliefs.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 18:04 PM 

Player

Necromaster,

I would certainly like to meet to hear your evidence, as my source state that your claim is nothing more than a lie propagated by Mathan Wayne during his tenure in the city to gain a stronger following for his church. If you have some proof that contradicts my sources, I would be interested in knowing more.

The enclaves history was always a subject of great interest while I was here, but alas I was busy fighting a war during my time as High Captain.

Regards,
Governor Gerald Edmund
West Cordor

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 22:24 PM 

Player

Governor Edmund,

Necrolord Mathan Wayne was forsaken from the Living City for a considerable amount of time and his banishment lifted only in recent years, and leaving the city not long thereafter to travel abroad. The obelisks have been standing outside the Temple of Velsharoon since the city was raised from the sea. I will allow you to conclude which two of these are more reliable sources for historical lore of the Living City. Should you ask, even the Voice itself may attest to the creation of the obelisks.

I will be within my office when you desire to meet me in person.

Knowledge and power,

- The Necromaster.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 11:14 AM 

Player

Necromaster,

Before the church moved into the building it now occupies and built the aforementioned obelisks themselves, I believe it's primary function during the Empire was storage. The Lich Lord has been a god for scarcely over even fifteen years, and your claim that his diminutive at best following is responsible for the Enclave and it's success is amusing at best.

Regards,
Governor Gerald Edmund
West Cordor

DC taxation is theft!

Dead

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 12:34 PM 

Player

What I find amusing, is a mortal calling a god diminutive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 12:52 PM 

Player

You clearly didn't read my words then, because I referred to the size of his following. Tarkuul is the only place The Vauneted isn't worshipped in secret to my knowledge, as the practice is an executable offense anywhere else.

In short, the faith is still writing it's way out of minor cult status. It's progress in the region is phenomenal but they are not by any means a long standing faith with well established principles.

Governor Gerald Edmund
West Cordor

DC taxation is theft!

Dead

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 14:06 PM 

Player

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Tarkuul
is the holy city of the Vaunted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 14:49 PM 

Player

Governor Edmund,

What importance is the temples past life, now that is thrives beyond its death during The Fall? My claim was clearly written, that the Lich Lord only gave us that which we have built upon. He gave us this island and it was the residents, both former and current, that are the cause for success - including yourself, due to your tenure as High Captain of the Living City.

In response to your belief that the Church of Velsharoon as a whole has no set principles and is but a small cult, then you are quite mistaken and I would urge you refrain from speaking of things which you are unaware of, lest you look more the fool.

Knowledge and power,

- The Necromaster

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]