View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 23:23 PM 

Player

Since introspective topics are all the raaaage, we thought one for Tarkuul would be appropriate. For those unfamiliar with myself and my PC in Tarkuul, I play Sicarius, one of the Councillors. There's certainly things in the machine for Tarkuul RP, but now felt like a good time to hear from those who play/ have played in Tarkuul about where we're headed. Usually we don't have these sort of open discussions because, well, evil likes to keep its plans hidden, y'know? But we're also a faction, and if we're to thrive, some extra cohesion and feedback on where we're going is nice.

Preamble aside, let's get right into it.

What do we want for Tarkuul RP? What 'role' in the greater Amia scheme do we want Tarkuul to have? And something to consider, how can we achieve that?

Right now we're effectively the one surface city that's open for the evil types. But are we the sort of city who blatantly kicks up a mess? Are we more a study group and safe haven for outcasts who want less than a mainstream way to gain influence and power? We do sometimes have considerable words exchanged on whether we're qualified as an 'antagonistic Evil,' I think Hackums in another introspective topic sums up the challenges to that.

Mr. Hackums wrote:
6.) Tarkuul
With an increase in city-based sandbox play, Tarkuul and its factions/PC's have been in a curious position. I see players level frustrated comments about how they are generally handicapped into a kind of strange neutrality-- but it also makes IC sense. Because we've been playing a pseudo-citybased sandbox, Tarkuul has so much more to lose. It's actions could have entire armies marching against it, and thus-- it cannot afford to have its own characters actively going out and causing problems.

When Tarkuul had its first environment, it was when the specter of Kohlingen & friends dogpile felt like a very real threat if we 'stepped out of line' given past history. This was understandable, they have excellent quality RPers who have made a real difference in the past. But now for the past few years, Tarkuul has had excellent players as well and we've made our own waves. I wasn't here for most of the Arcanum plot when it was getting real, but I heard and saw a lot of positive things. But now we're in the post-Arcanum period and it has been demonstrated that Tarkuul is no pushover.

So a question we have is, where do you think we should go from now? I'm very interested to hear what people think.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Thu, May 21 2015, 0:46 AM 

Player

This topic also touches on this subject quite a bit.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, May 21 2015, 14:58 PM 

Administrative Developer

I'm following this thread, despite not actively being involved. Asked a similar question here: General Questions

Dead

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2015, 18:43 PM 

Player

I will say the same thing I always say - Tarkuul has its own campaign. It is self sustaining. It advances at the slow pace, but then again, so did the Arcanum plot. And when shit hit the fan with the Arcanum many characters wished they were a part of the campaign all along, not just seeing the final chapter. We are interacting with Amia on our own way - the one that serves Tarkuul and its PC/NPC best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]