View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
TypeAtMe

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 31 2017, 15:53 PM 

Player

Zhaal sits in a chair in the Tarkuul library with a pile of books beside him. Over the past few cycles he has been studying books on spellcraft and necromancy, while taking regular breaks to adventure or rest his mortal shell. He takes out his pen and begins writing with the intent to add his work to the research records of Tarkuul.

Mummy Dust Development for the Dedicated Necromancer, Part OneThe Mummy Dust spell is used by powerful necromancers to create an undead guardian or powerful undead ally in battle. Because spells of this magnitude require a great deal of development by the individual caster, it has evolved overtime to become associated with conjuration, evocation, and transmutation magic. As one that is drawn to the necromantic arts, I feel that it is my responsibility to develop the spell as a necromantic spell.

My first step is to dive into the past and discover who developed the spell first. In Thay, mastery over the Mummy Dust spell is one of the ways a red wizard can prove he is ready to take on apprentices in the evocation, conjuration, transmutation, and necromancy schools. Further investigation is necessary to determine if Thayans invented the spell, took the spell idea from someone else, or developed it from another spell.

Zhaal continues his research while equipped with research enhancing equipment and a Legend Lore Spell.
show

show

TypeAtMe

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 15:49 PM 

Player

A few cycles pass, while Zhaal contemplates his findings.

Mummy Dust Development for the Dedicated Necromancer, Part TwoI only discovered more of what I already knew: Thayans raid the surrounding lands and pillage magical manuscripts and items from those they conquer. When they take possession of arcane knowledge in this manner, they make it their own and give themselves the credit for the discovery.

After examining those that were raided by the Thayans in the past, my thoughts keep going back to Mulhorand. Mulhorand uses arcane magic as one of the pillars of its power and stability. While not a mageocracy like Thay, Mulhorand uses the power of their arcanists, clerics, and pharaoh in equal measure to govern their society. If Thayans did in-fact have successful raids upon the Mulhorandi in the past, they must have pillaged vast magical resources.

I will examine the writings of the clergy of Thoth, which I feel is the most creditable source for research on Mulhorandi history. I will see if there is anything in their records of a spell or ritual resembling the Mummy Dust Spell.

Zhaal then sets off to discover where these writings would be. His best guess is Nes'ek.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]