View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 
willow

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 18:00 PM 

Player

We, merchants, work for profit for all.
Merchants who buy and sell things, discount givers, penny pinchers.
But in the bottom line, artifacts get sold.
Mythals are crafted and bring use.
"Merchants" who bid on all pieces of equipment, buy them all without leaving them open to the adventurers or professionals who DO need them, and should be stopped.
Enough with the senseless hoarding. Enough with buying the artifacts, and selling them at triple the price, if at all.
Enough with Presica GemFinder.
I am proposing a Merchant's Ban. No one shall buy or sell things to Precia GemFinder, until the mad hin comes to her senses.
Those who wish for weapons, artifacts and all manner of things to find themselves in the hands of those who will truly craft them, put them to good use, and not inside a Bag of Holding should sign their name, and it will be known to all that they shall not do business with Prescia GemFinder.

--Signed--
Willow Ve'heer Zil'sharel, Merchant of the City of Tolerance.

Last edited by willow on Tue, Mar 10 2009, 11:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Zante

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 18:15 PM 

Player

I would suggest extending the ban to Yossarin, Airais, Jud'Vardass and Al'tustra. They are quite bad at this as well, and their endless supply of gold makes bidding against them a pointless excercise, though truly, none comes close to the selfishness of Prescia.

*the note is not signed*

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 19:25 PM 

Player

Willow Ve'heer Zil'sharel,

You have the support of the Partner Yossarin of the Amian Crafter's and Trader's Federation, who, after discovering the err of his ways, curbed his own ludicrous spending to advance a service environment over base greed - and so that he can afford to pamper some of his dearest, most loyal friends. He never sells that ridiculous junk he gets anymore, but stockpiles it in case it is ever needed in an emergency, and then offers it at a reasonable price to the needy party.

Sincerely,

Sash

Yossarin's customary seal is present...though it appears to have a tiny paw print in the center of it.

Last edited by Yossarin on Thu, Mar 05 2009, 19:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 19:27 PM 

Player

*As Delarwyn reads this note she quirks an eyebrow.* Miss Prescia has just donated 500,000 gold coins to help in the evacuation of Kohligen. I honestly think that if someone is willing to share their profits in name of the greater good, this person should be allow to acquire his or her profit.

If you want to compete, go ahead and start your own business, the world is not nice, and capitalism is about competition. Why not use it as an stimulus?

signed,
Delarwyn

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

Lally

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 20:37 PM 

Player

*Cerri sees the notice while setting up her modest ring collection in Market hall. After witnessing Willow's own rather extensive hoard for herself earlier in the week she can't help but wonder if there's a little bitterness involved, considering Precia's refusal to barter.*

Does seem a bit on the excessive side, all that. Still, Prescia's been plenty generous where it's counted. Can't rightly put the halt on someone kind enough to help jumpstart my designing hobby...Ah well.

Ramika

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 20:46 PM 

Player

Caelianna huffs.

"You're fool to think that they all buy things simply to stockpile them. Stop whining."

Shaking her head at the notice, she wanders off.

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 21:42 PM 

Player

*Al'Karjanti eyes the notice and a look of concern crosses his face*

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2009, 10:18 AM 

Player

((ooc: isn't there some in game rp way of solving this? Some epic pickpocketing or a RP even where you raid their storage or so?))

Gunz

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2009, 10:21 AM 

Player

Willow see's the notice and raises an eyebrow. She shrugs it off and head's back toward the eastern gate to exit Cordor. All she says is:

Hmmm...

Shrewd

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2009, 12:06 PM 

Player

A note is posted along with Willow's.

I am also sick of this. No longer will I, or anyone that works for me, sell to Prescia Gemfinder. Furthermore, I propose an offer to any willing to aid in this 'Merchant Ban'.

If someone can prove that they have declined Prescia's bids in a public auction, I will pay out of my own pocket 10,000 gold.

To strike her where it hurts, allow her to bid on your items for a while, and then decline when she wins.

Signed,
Ly'thiel

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2009, 16:15 PM 

Player

Marauth wrote:

I am also sick of this. No longer will I, or anyone that works for me, sell to Prescia Gemfinder. Furthermore, I propose an offer to any willing to aid in this 'Merchant Ban'.

If someone can prove that they have declined Prescia's bids in a public auction, I will pay out of my own pocket 10,000 gold.

To strike her where it hurts, allow her to bid on your items for a while, and then decline when she wins.

Signed,
Ly'thiel

*Prescia copies down the exact text into her notebook.*

willow

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2009, 18:44 PM 

Player

hadeismetirion wrote:
((ooc: isn't there some in game rp way of solving this? Some epic pickpocketing or a RP even where you raid their storage or so?))

((OOC: This IS pretty IC, dude, I have nothing OOC against Precis, personally, Willow does. :) Besides, she's not particularily violent. ))

OwenBelmont

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 07 2009, 5:36 AM 

Player

Owen Belmont, who is known to occasionaly "horde" things for his personal research or to use to aquire other resources frowns when he sees the note.

He pens and tacks another note beneath it.

"Many people understand your point of view lady ve'heer but you should know after your considerable years among the cordorian population...

In a city, the guard is the cities health, the people its skin and the merchants its strength and blood and to deny one of them bussiness is to effectivly cut off a finger from an otherwise healthy and strong hand".

Owen Belmont-Long vanished Archmage and savior of the clockwork plane of Mechanicus.
Octavia Celestyr-Soldier of Doom

Dwagin

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 07 2009, 18:28 PM 

Player

Rras wanders by, looking at the notice, canting his head, then left, then right. Eyes focusing, then widening as he spoke with a boisterous rumble.

"I'd say this is abnormal jealousy! What is bad about hoarding?!...Crazy demi-humans."

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 09 2009, 15:19 PM 

Player

A return notice is posted under the original and seems warded from interference.

The Universal Trading Co. formally trading under the auspices of Jacks Trading Company forwith empowers its merchants to counter embargo any and all entities who voiceferously, actively or passively support this assualt on fair and common trade.

Let this serve as warning that any further action taken against the accused merchant will be met with ascending consequences exponentially harsher than that action which is met out to the accused.

Yours sincerely

The Factor
Universal Trading Co.

Kendera

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 4:04 AM 

Player

A note is delivered to "The Factor," and placed publicly. It was not signed.

"Engaging any merchant in battle will result in the death of yourself and your comrades. Prescia, and a few others do not engage in any manner of trade. They sit upon artifacts that adventurers are incapable of obtaining, allowing them to collect dust and serve no real purpose. These items could greatly benefeit the populace, yet they HIDE them. Refusing to do trade with someone is, in fact, free trade because it was a decision made by each individual merchant. This will be your only formal warning, as a sign of respect, and in interest of good business. "

[img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1263/kayleessigcopyeg9.jpg[/img]

willow

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 7:23 AM 

Player

*A well written note is posted under the Factor's note, and unlike the first one, the note has been enchanted to pervent harm to it, perhaps as a mocking move, the style of writing is also similar.*

The accused merchant formally suggests the auspices of Jacks Trading Company to see each case to its roots, and defend the merchants who stand against embargo of any and all artifacts who are kept by those who actively or passively support the assualt on fair and common trade.

Let this serve as warning that any further action taken against the accused merchant will be met with ascending consequences by the City of Cordor, for crime against law.

• Discussion/Planning with intent to cause harm or commit crime.
Such actions will be punished in the same manner as the crime or law violation being discussed.

Yours sincerely

The accused merchant,
Wilow Ve'heer Zil'sharel.
Cordorian merchant and vendor.

sYuzan

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 9:29 AM 

Player

A figure of an elven man with glowing eyes reads the notices one by one, finally coughing out two words.

"Immature children..."

Ramika wrote:
Of the things I know about Guano, half I shouldn't post.

Ice wrote:
Killer of threads! Bane of continuity. Herald of hiatus. All those things and sometimes even paladins.

Lesquille

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 9:38 AM 

Player

Spooks signs his own name, as well as the pseudonyms Spoolerson Spoolsby and Tilly Fleetknees.

Born to a [wealth level] family, you spent your early years doing [early activity] in [town type]. Your father was [father status], while your mother was [mother status]. You left your homeland at the age of [chosen age], seeking [reason for leaving].

Ramika

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 17:43 PM 

Player

The Cordorian Lieutenant tacks up her own notice.

"To All Participating in the Petition:

While the circulation of a ban petition is not illegal within the city of Cordor, open threats of death and open admittance to intending to do so is. Keep it civil or I will start hunting down names and fining them.

I would encourage all of you to stick to the point and not assume what will occur or make threats against each other. Keep it civil and within the laws or the petition will be halted."

joeymango29

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2009, 23:53 PM 

Player

*Loki simply shakes his head and after a good 10 minutes in the Nomad, returns back out with a note and tacks it to tht board.*

To all those with an interest in the subject.

What Prescia Gemfinder is doing is, to put it bluntly and as it seems, u+npopularly, good business. If she has the money to buy the items and resell them at slightly higher costs, she is free to do so. This is a free market and monopolizing items is the surest way to make money.

Whether you like this or not, it is perfectly justified. She is a merchant, and as one, you must understand that her main goal is not to allow others, more needing items, to win the auctions instead of her, her goal is to make money. As is the goal of any other merchant on Amia, whether they admit it or not.

For my disapproval of this petition, i'm sure I will catch some flak. I stand by my words and by Prescia and I shamelessly admit that if I currently had the money, I would be doing the exact same thing.

-Partner Loki Umlaut
Treasurer and Master of the Mines
Barak Runedar

willow

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 7:04 AM 

Player

*Willow reads the note with a displeased smirk, after a few moments she returns with the old notes of an already inactive bid, and tacks them under Loki's messege*

20,000 Savras
~Sazer

21,000 for Savras.
~Prescia Gemfinder

Hey lass, cut it out already. I really want this ring. 22,000 Savras
~Sazer

A note to Sazer: Is Savras your deity?
~Prescia G.

It is for a very close friend Miss Prescia Gemfinder.
~Sazer
--

"That," She adds, in a flowing script. "Would make me think twice about whom I sell anything to, Master of the Mines.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 7:24 AM 

Player

Driarry upon her weekly "shopping trip" to Cordor, discovers the petition and looks at the weird squiggles for quite some time, not working out a word of it. Finally, she spots Spooks signature and decides to sign her own name there next to his, not even knowing what its all about.*

"Mez gotz to support new Bureau actions against Kivvil. Mez hopez dis helpzes"..

Gunz

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 17:56 PM 

Player

A note is left, though it is unsigned.

Free trade is free trade. You don't get to pick and chose who has free trade and who you deem unworthy. Get off your high horse merchant Willow, stop acting like some tyrant.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 18:50 PM 

Player

willow wrote:
*Willow reads the note with a displeased smirk, after a few moments she returns with the old notes of an already inactive bid, and tacks them under Loki's messege*

20,000 Savras
~Sazer

21,000 for Savras.
~Prescia Gemfinder

Hey lass, cut it out already. I really want this ring. 22,000 Savras
~Sazer

A note to Sazer: Is Savras your deity?
~Prescia G.

It is for a very close friend Miss Prescia Gemfinder.
~Sazer
--

"That," She adds, in a flowing script. "Would make me think twice about whom I sell anything to, Master of the Mines.

Tacked under Willow's evidence against Prescia is another note. It is posted by a feathered, bird looking, male hin with two legs.

After above exchange, Gemfinder did depart
Convenient omission on your part.

Perhaps this truth should come to light:
Many times have I seen Prescia donate, that's right.

It sounds like you're jealous, it sounds like you're mad
Because you want all the wealth to be had.

We all want wealth, that's fine.
The problem is, the rest don't whine.

Go at it, promote your wares and your name.
Just be a man about it or get out of the game.

-The Osprey

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 19:32 PM 

Player

Alynne Iriart reads the notes.

I would drop all ban against any merchants. I do not approve of cartel formation and I think everyone has the right to set prices freely and compete as they must. I am really not going to boycott any of the traders here, being the person Prescia or Willow and I would advise that we merchants do not start walking down this path.

Free competition for all, freedom of running the business as they think it is best, to set the prices as they want, to accumulate as they wish, and if they cannot sell their products freedom to reduce the prices if they think they should.

It is not Prescia's fault if she is successful in what she does and have become rich and able to buy everything in the market. If her or my partner Al'Trusta have a large number of products, be creative and work hard you may become one of them if you do so. If Willow thinks her prices are fair, she should ask what she wants.

I hope we can do business without grunges, without uniting against a sole merchant. I am ashamed of you all, my fellow merchants that are trying to do such a ugly business. Are you afraid of what? Dont you trust on your ability to sell and buy without small actions such as this?

Willow, Prescia and the others, please stop this movement against each other.

Signed
Alynne Iriart.

//I only copied from a place to another, because my character's idea is the same here and there.

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

Gunz

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 20:54 PM 

Player

Another note is left.

Prescia hasn't posted anything to even humor Willow's stupidity. The only one that needs to to hold their tongue is Willow.

End your jealous ranting before you end up getting yourself on everyone's personal boycott list.

Phantom-D

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2009, 21:12 PM 

Player

*Short note is left*

The problem here, mates, is that Prescia isn't for trading in coins. Least I ain't seen much coins pass hands for the best of loot. If you don't take gold coins you shouldn't be a merchant. I'm getting into the business and your gold will always be good at my place.

~Sazer (Signs the pettition to stop trades and go back to gold)

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 12 2009, 1:55 AM 

Player

I think its awful funny that the principle behind this ban is Prescia won't "SELL" her items for gold, but there are many a merchant that has made and auction "FOR TRADE ONLY" so are we going to ban them too?

*signed*
Nick Shadow

Kendera

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 12 2009, 2:32 AM 

Player

Perhaps you should read my auctions closely. Trades have first priority, before items are auctioned off. -Sir Devereux.

[img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1263/kayleessigcopyeg9.jpg[/img]

willow

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 12 2009, 4:48 AM 

Player

*The messege seems to almost drip with sarcasm and glee.*

"Ah... and there he goes, my newfound rival, and claims me to be as the one I dislike, how unfair, seeing as there is not a comparison to be made.
Do not cling to small facts, Nick Shadow.

Regards,
Willow Ve'heer Zil'sharel,
Merchant of Cordor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]