View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, May 21 2015, 20:32 PM 

Tester

[Shadowscape, Bendir, Kampo's Storehouse, L'Obsul, Cordor South & West, Kohlingen, Endir's Point, Howness, and Tarkuul]

*Large posters cut from sturdy wyvern leather and fastened with copper studs are hung here and there throughout the listed locales. There would be no more than two or three examples in each, prominently, but not obtrusively displayed. Their message is listed in Common, Elven, and Draconic in most places, but also Drow, Undercommon, and Loross where one might expect them to be. Beldor himself seems to make usual rounds checking them, or sends Slaadi or shadowy servants to do so in his stead. Their message reads generally as follows:*

Greetings!

I, Beldor Ma'fer of Shadowscape, am hosting a planar affair for the ages! Craftsmen, artisans, tradesmen, professionals, and artificers of all kinds are invited to join in a day of trade, craft, knowledge, and celebration here on the "Warmest place on the Shadow."

Festivities shall include(but are not limited to):
-Interplanar Bazaar. Come buy wares from around the cosmos!
-Tale-telling, seminars, and debates. Oratory shall abound!
-Mage Fair and Mageduels. Revel in the Art and all it might teach us!
-Drinks, Dance, and Deviance! Let the celebration echo through the planes!

"Come learn a trade!"
Having a hard time finding a suitable instructor? Do you aspire to truly be the best? The best there ever was? Masters from around the Realms will be here at the Gala to teach you their craft firsthand. Let no job, pastime, or profession escape your grasp!

The Date of the Gala will be announced once the preparations have been finalized; but fret not! All shall have ample time to prepare themselves. If you are a master craftsman traveling from another plane, know that your accommodations in the city, your room, food, and entertainment, are paid in full. Accept it as my humble thanks for traveling so far. If you are a craftsman, "local" or foreign, that needs special accommodations of any sort to showcase your wares, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Ma'fer Manor and I shall try my best to see them met. While in the city, please be courteous to its citizens and indulge their wares, goods, and sights as much as each other's. It is a mark of greatness to be courteous to one's hosts. And upon that note, do heed both my wishes and the city's. If you are asked to state your origin, declare your wares, or leave by myself or one of the City's guards, it is wise beyond the ages that you do so, quickly and politely. Transportation to and from Shadowscape will be provided via portals if you are on the Amian Isles or some of its neighboring settlements.

The Gala is an all-day affair which shall culminate in a feast and ball where we shall celebrate the finest wares, most skilled craftsmen, and successful orators of the event. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the final announcement.

~B~E~L~D~O~R~ ~M~A'~F~E~R~

Last edited by Dark Immolation on Thu, Jun 18 2015, 4:11 AM, edited 2 times in total.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, May 21 2015, 21:47 PM 

Player

Upon reading over one of the posters Matthew sets forth to go work on a few crafts himself honing his skills on various wares and even starting up a few lovely projects.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

davis114

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 2:03 AM 

Player

*Sundyr reads the missive with a grin plastered across his features. Without comment, he simply turns on his heel and walks away*

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

dimension_w

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2015, 11:48 AM 

Player

Greta Sólveig reads the sign carefully from beginning to end with great curiosity. The first thought to enter her mind is, would her peers allow her to attend? She was certain they'd not wish any of their trade secrets getting out. She shrugs, keeping the event noted in case she could very well attend.

"Hmm might be good for business. Help with Runedar's rep." She says to herself. "They'll need at least one of those 'Master's from around the Realm' after all." She smirks, boasting.

- Thimblepot (Amia's Resident Brownie)
- Greta Sólveig (Barbarian raised by Dwarves)

That Guy

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2015, 14:11 PM 

Player

Tristen would have noticed Greta reading the poster and grinned, watching her from a few paces back. After she leaves, he'd walk up and read the note. "Well.... bout damn time. Could use something like this.... need me some new gear. Oh, and maybe I can make a few weapons to show how Chessentans do it..... ".

Leschinsky

PostPosted: Tue, May 26 2015, 14:11 PM 

Player

*Catching the unique sign whilst searching Bendir for something worth capturing to canvas, Mournia immediately beings making plans to attend; such an alien conference of differing origins must hold some universal key. . .
Right?*

Lyllith Montimaers : Thorny Rusthaft : Ternesj Drihliri : Mournia Montimaers : Mary Belle Whately : Naji Nebak'nizir the Third

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Wed, May 27 2015, 18:57 PM 

Player

Arizima would notice the advertisement and pause to read it before giving a slight nod of approval. A faint but cocky grin would appear as she quietly states to herself, "Time to show these folks that a priestess can do more than offer protective prayers and raise some poor sod up from the dead. We can also make the best fecking weapons and kick much arse with 'em too!"

Last edited by CrazyCatLady on Wed, May 27 2015, 19:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

inprison666

PostPosted: Wed, May 27 2015, 19:09 PM 

Player

CrazyCatLady wrote:
Arizima would notice the advertisement and pause to read it before giving a slight nod of approval. A faint but cocky grin would appear as she quietly states to herself, "Time to show these folks that a priestess can do more than offer protective prayers and raise some poor sod up from the dead. We can also make the best fecking weapons and kick much arse with 'em too!"

The half orc not too many steps from Arizima would hear her quiet words and smile also looking upon the notice

Oi... This looks like an opportunity to make a few jinx and show both our skills sweetheart. Ye with the spikes an me with the boxes!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 15 2015, 1:23 AM 

Tester

*Scrolls of fine black velvet with red silk ribbons appear under the original notices. In Shadowscape, Slaadi and Shadow seem busy at work at the Ma'fer Manor, sweeping, cleaning, and hanging banners in preparation for the affair.*

Kythorn 19th!

A schedule of events is soon to follow. If you should like specific accommodations or an event added to the itinerary, now is the time to contact me.

//Shooting for June 19th, starting at 3 PM EST, GMT + 4

Last edited by Dark Immolation on Mon, Jun 15 2015, 18:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 15 2015, 1:42 AM 

Player

*Jovianne would wander by and tap her chin, mumbling to herself-* "Gosh, would I be able to go to this AND the Bendir Dale Solstice Festival?"

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 15 2015, 18:08 PM 

Tester

*A squadron of Slaadi run squealing out of the Manor, bruised and bloodied. A larger, angrier Grey slaad chases after them as they proceed to switch out the velvet announcements with seemingly identical ones, save for the marked date. It would seem a mistake had been made on which were to go out.*

//Updated to Friday, June 19th to not interfere with other events going on.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 18 2015, 2:51 AM 

Tester

*A schedule makes the rounds*

Tentative Schedule

While the market and trading shall be ongoing for the entirety of the Gala, these events shall be hosted as well.

3rd Bell:
-Introduction and Welcome at Shadowscape Market Obelisk

4th Bell:
-Tale and Story Telling in Drunk Dancer Inn
-Open Debate, Presentation, and Speech Forum at Temple Plaza

5th Bell:
-Planar Pageant - Summoning Competition at Temple Plaza
-"Entertainment" at the Drunk Dancer Inn

6th Bell:
-Open Dueling Competition at Temple Plaza
-Scroll, Wand, and Potion Trading Exhibition at Plaza in front of the Ma'fer Manor

7th Bell:
-Ball and Feast at the Ma'fer Manor

*Merchants with ships, please arrive early that your cargo may be unloaded so the dock is cleared for passenger vessels.
*The provided Merchant stalls and boxes are first come first serve, though personal accommodations may be used at leisure.
*Do not block the walkways with wares or accommodations. Residents of the city may still be going about their business during the Gala.

*an additional announcement circulates on the Prime*

The Mythal Standard

In an effort to facilitate commerce, I am insuring all mythals traded or bartered during the Gala at my usual buying price. What that means is that should you find yourself short on gold, and the seller is willing, mythals may be used as currency equivalent to the following amounts. The seller may find me anytime during the festivities(though preferably when I am not busy or at the Ball) and I shall exchange any or all of them for their value in gold.

Minor - 6,000 GP
Lesser - 12,000 GP
Intermediate - 25,000 GP
Greater - 50,000 GP
Flawless - 1,250,000 GP
Perfect - 750,000 GP

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 19 2015, 18:08 PM 

Tester

*Beldor walks around, overseeing the merchants set up and nodding to passersby. Last minute arrangements seem to be handled. He places a few maps near the docks and City entrances*

DD - Drunk Dancer Inn
MC - Market Center
NP - Node Plaza
TP - Temple Plaza

//This begins in about an hour.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]