View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 09 2015, 17:42 PM 

Player

The following is written in a feminine hand in the common trade tongue. It is displayed on the public notice board in Kampos, and outside both entrances to the Shrine of Eilistraee. A copy is sent to Kohlingen, addressed to Sir Glendil Fettian, to post or not as he sees fit. A copy is sent to Bendir Dale, addressed to Mayor Rosary Doodlekins, to post or not as she sees fit, and likewise to Mayor Garth in Wharftown.

Greetings citizens and visitors of the Amia isles.

There have been an abundance of rumors and hostilities brought to my attention regarding Eilistraee’s Refuge. I would like to make a public statement on behalf of myself, and the Refuge to clear up any lingering questions, though I admit I cannot think of everything one might ask.

Nearly a year ago, Knight Commander Rith’tar was welcomed into the Shrine of Eilistraee by High Priestess Pellanithra Aurvy'ath, and Jud’vardas Kenlyl. For several months the Knight Commander spoke to other Eilistreeans to find aide for his plan to free his kin from the underdark. Not only were none of them interested in helping with this endeavor, but nearly everyone said they had no interest in helping the place that had torn itself apart with politics and in-fighting, what-so-ever.

Knight Commander Rith’tar took the responsibility upon himself to restore the grounds and structures which had been allowed to fall into ruin. Being only one person, he opened his search to find others that would help support the Maiden’s beliefs, and take the risks for what needed to be accomplished.

It is an unfortunate reality that the Shrine of Eilistraee was left to fall to ruin. Those of us who have picked up the pieces believe that Eilistraee would prefer our land be dedicated to befriending strangers, sheltering those without homes and feeding the hungry. So, from this time forth Her place of healing and redemption will be referred to as Eilistraee's Refuge.

No drow comes from the underdark with clean hands; just as no member of any other race can say they have never committed a wrong that required forgiveness.

Eilistraee’s entire purpose is one of forgiveness, and redemption.

In the months since Knight Commander Rith’tar and I have worked within the Shrine we have freed nine drow from thralldom. These drow still recover in the Salandran temple. We have worked diligently with our neighbors, and each other, to create a habitable, self-sustaining refuge so that those drow, and others to follow, have a place to learn a new way of life.

Eilistraee promotes harmony among the races.

It is our decision to incorporate other faiths that are not opposed to the Lady of the Dance so that we can strengthen our community , and be better equipped to offer aid to those in need. We have made every attempt to do this, even in our weakened condition. We are blessed to have Knight Rania, whose skill with animals and crops provide for this need so well.

In short, each of us is here to perform the tasks set forth by Eilistraee’s dogma, regardless of our home origins.

Now for a bit of unpleasantness.

No one has a right to dictate how we choose to live in our own home.
No one has a right to threaten violence against our property, or our citizens.
If you do not agree with the tenants we live by, as set down by Eilistraee, then you are welcomed to not visit.

Ankh udja seneb,
~ Seneschal Oleander, Shrine of Eilistraee

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]