View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 18:42 PM 

Player

Posted in Wharftown, Kampo's Tradehouse, Cordor, across the Frozenfar, and across Khem, and tacked to the outside southern gate of Bendir Dale, is the following message.

The posted messageSeeking "Masterpiece Creators"

Arbiter Korthan Isharnos seeks creators of fine works of any sort or variety, to be commissioned as prizes and trophies for an upcoming tournament to be held in the Skull Crags Monastery. Any and all art, trinkets, and trophies will be considered in equal measure. This include things like jewelry, weapons, fine furniture, paintings, stores, poems, and anything else that could be considered a masterpiece, culture, fine art, and the like. I am open to any and all suggestions, and simply ask that the work be of your highest quality. Understand that it will be given out as a grand prize at a tournament, and so will carry your name and prestige with it, as it carries the name and prestige of the winner. I ask that your works respect that as much as I seek to respect your work by doing this.

Your reimbursed cost is to be 50% of the entry fees collected from participants in the tourney, with the other 50% going to the winners of the tournament as the prize pool - breakdowns to be determined and posted when the tournament is announced. Your masterpiece does not need to be magical in any way shape or form (although you may choose it to be, if you wish), and, outside of the above restriction about being respectful to the nature of the job, you are free to choose the nature of the trophy however you please. Additional compensation will be difficult this first tournament as we are getting off the ground, but can be discussed on a case by case basis. Magical entries will be examined to ensure their safety as a trophy.

Creating the trophy does not disbar you from entering the tournament, but, if by some twist of fate, you are the winner of the tournament, your trophy will be given to the second place winner instead. You will still receive the coinpurse prize. If you create the trophy and wish to compete, you are exempt from all entry fees, and I will work to convince any merchants and food-sellers to give you a steep discount, as thanks for your contribution to the tournament.

There is a possibility for repeat works and commissions, depending on the popularity of the contests, and the ability to arrange ongoing contests. Several artists will be sought in ongoing fashion, so if you are not chosen for commission, there is always the possibility of next tournament. The ideal is to support and reward the creator of the trophies and prizes with as much prestige as the fighters themselves. This is why the prizes are not simple gold, or equipment adventurers like.

Discussions can be held in the location of your choosing with the following exceptions:
I bear the Blood of the Blue Dragon.
I cannot meet people within Kohlingen.
I cannot meet people within Bendir Dale.
I will not meet people within Tarkuul.
I cannot meet people within Winya Ravana.
I will respect the Druids and not meet people within their Amia Forest.
I would prefer to meet within a town, if possible.

Artists, blacksmiths, and other creators from these locations are free to submit applications and will happily be worked with, but an alternate location will need to be arranged for the sake of discussion. Khem is very pleasant this time of year, and allows you to get out of the chilling cold that grips much of the rest of the area. If you like local, but exotic food, Endir's Point is host to a variety of interesting dishes, including a fine mushroom liqueur and accompanying smothered steak. Kampos' Tradehouse is Amia-local, and imports many cheap ales and has good cheap food, and is also widely regarded as neutral ground.

Direct all questions and inquiries to Ne'sek, C/O ACTF Courier Service, to Korthan Isharnos. I stand out.

((PM me or hit me up in game and we'll go from there. :) ))

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 24 2016, 8:39 AM 

Player

Notices are replaced and refreshed due to the poor weather.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 04 2017, 21:28 PM 

Player

Notices are refreshed and replaced, now that two tournaments have gone by.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 10 2017, 4:27 AM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Notices are refreshed and replaced, now that two tournaments have gone by. ((and now that the server exists again.))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]