View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
vhunelar

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 03 2018, 21:15 PM 

Player

The Grey Order

We Hereby Announce the Formation of the Grey Order Mercenary Company and Security Contractors

The Company Charter is as Follows:
-we will take any work offered as long as it does not break any major law
-we do not play favourites. gold talks. more is more persuasive.
-your politics are irrelevant to us. we don't care if you are a saint or a demon or just some loser. you pay, you get 100% effort. our reputation lives on this fact.
-in cases where two parties wish to hire us who are opposed to one another the first contract taken sets precedent. once we hire for a side, as long as they pay on time, we do not switch sides or play for both.
-no company member shall burden any employer with moral nonsense. but at the same time the employer will not be lectured should they wish to be a public serving fool. we do not play favourites and our units are expected once on the job to shut up and get to work.
-once a contract is taken it is sacred. no contract shall be broken for any reason no matter the consequences. in the same understanding no contract can be revoked once set in motion by the employer for any reason. if the employer wishes us to cease our assisatance short of the normal duration we will requre payment in full before departure.
-no company member shall raise a weapon against another company member without a sit down with the command

Our Standard Packages:

+ Security Detail - Single Event
We supply personnel at a time and place of your choosing for a duration of up to three hours. [each additonal 3 hours is at standard rate]
You choose how many you need, if you want us visible or unseen, the timing of our arrival, and our attitude towards anyone there.
20% Payment before hand. 80% on event completion.

+ Security Detail - Long Term
We supply at least one person to guard your physical person for an agreed upon duration. The contracted personnel will be expected to accompany you on all your endeavors unless you specifically instruct them otherwise. They are not standover men. This is a security contract, if you wish offensive actions see below.
Payment in increments per hour actively served

+ Attack on Person(s) or Struture(s)
We take the particulars of a target from you and if such a target is legally strikeable we will accept payment and undertake an attack plan.
We will choose the exact personnel we use, the timing of the attack, and any other specifics. We reserve the right on this specific job type to take some time should a live target prove elusive to locate. But rest assured we are bloodhounds once on a job, if they show their head, we will relieve them of it.
50% Payment before. 50% immediately on completion.

+ Live Recovery of Willing or Unwilling Subject
We take details from you, desired timing, and undertake the underpinnings necessary to execute the mission.
Note that live recovery of unwilling is a difficult task on any day, and so there two payment tiers offered. If we do get your person back alive we take tier 1, if we instead have to kill them for resisting, the much cheaper tier 2.
Willing Subject recovery payment 10% before, 90% on their live return.
Unwilling Subject Alive 70% before. 30% on live delivery. [if failure price is halved and we give you back 20%]

+ Faking your Death/Kidnapping
We offer a special package for those who want to escape for whatever reason their past. Again, we will not aid criminals, but there are many others who for one reason or another wish to simply disappear...at least for a while. We will organise with you a detailed plan for you to appear to be kidnapped or killed at a time and place of your choosing. We will wear what colours and say what you wish during the execution of this action.
Payment - 100% up front - we don't expect to see you for a while

Got a special request not listed here cutter? Then come and talk to us. We are always open to smart proposals from people with means.

Reachin us is easy. Come to the strip club in Demonreach and relax a bit and leave a note for us if we ain't there. You may have met us afore, but not known who we be. That's how we like it.

We ain't gonna advertise our names. You wanna find us we're around cutter. Leave a message at the club as noted above.

[ooc: pm me if you want to leave a note. it's meant to be a semi secret meeting. other players should not know you came necessarily. our membership will be foig]

Last edited by vhunelar on Fri, Jan 05 2018, 18:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 18:52 PM 

Player

Well.....this is not a hostile comment but there appears to be a certain discontent with my starting another evil faction, even one surface based.

The essential comment from several is I am dividing the server role play population and making it more difficult to rp as a group.

This was the same comment I received regularly with the drow group; that my actions were messing up the server even if that was no my intention.

So I'm not impossible. With this in mind the evil faction project is cancelled. We're hashing out what to do instead, will let you know.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 19:08 PM 

Player

// Please report any individuals OOC griefling you over your attempt at starting a faction to us.

We will deal with them.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 19:16 PM 

Player

// I don't play Evil Toons, but that's messed up what people are telling you. You have every right to start up any kind of Faction your heart desires within the Servers Rules. It saddens me to hear that others are trying to dictate what you do. If you have fun playing an Evil Toon, and want to have an Evil Faction i say go for it! No Player has the right to try and tell you what you should and shouldn't do. There not DM's and i would quite frankly ignore them. If they keep it up, ask them politely not to send you Tells and not to contact you OOC. If it persists, speak to a DM.

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 19:26 PM 

DM

// I'll gladly be the first to say: do what you think is fun. And if it's evil? Good! I play good-aligned characters, so I crave baddies to be my foil! (Fear me forever!) Don't let naysayers get you down - and always report griefing messages like that. More often than not, such things go unreported, and then they just keep happening. So my advice: report the rudeness, and then get in-game and do what you want to do.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

vhunelar

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 21:33 PM 

Player

// I don't feel I was griefed. People just expressed their opinions that they felt it wasn't helpful.

And like I said above that's fair. Compromise is the name of the game of life.

No hard feelings at all! back soon!

Broldi

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 06 2018, 0:00 AM 

Player

Vhu', do you. Don't listen if someone doesn't agree. The only time you need to take anything into serious consideration is when a DM tells you, even then you often get offered an alternate.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 06 2018, 0:23 AM 

Player

// Alright, I'm fucking pissed and I just wrote a giant Post that would've probably led to me getting banned; So I deleted it.

What I was going to say boils down to:

"Let people fucking play what they want. Without Evil Characters we are just going to stand in front of Bendir forever doing fucking nothing and waiting for a DM to send an Earthquake or something our way to move our asses. This whole "Dividing the Server"-Bullshit I don't care for, because I'd rather have a Divided Server that sometimes has something happening without a DM having to lure people away from Bendir."

This is the first time I got so angry I couldn't contain my rage and just stand up and take a walk or something. So... uh... Good job people; You did it.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 06 2018, 5:43 AM 

Player

Broldi wrote:
Vhu', do you...

I've resolved after talking with those who had been committed to the original direction, to lead a good faction.
No more changes. This is what we're doing.

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
// Alright, I'm fucking pissed and I just wrote a giant Post that would've probably led to me getting banned; So I deleted it.

I've been on various nwn servers. Staff here are a cut above, they clearly take into account how you act in general, not just at a given...not so charming moment.
So..you probably wouldn't have been banned. Still, perhaps for the best.

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
What I was going to say boils down to:

"Let people fucking play what they want. Without Evil Characters we are just going to stand in front of Bendir forever doing fucking nothing and waiting for a DM to send an Earthquake or something our way to move our asses. This whole "Dividing the Server"-Bullshit I don't care for, because I'd rather have a Divided Server that sometimes has something happening without a DM having to lure people away from Bendir."

This is the first time I got so angry I couldn't contain my rage and just stand up and take a walk or something. So... uh... Good job people; You did it.

Your mission is clear. I pass the torch of evil-faction-hood to you. Be yours to hold it high.

As for no drama, not quite that far. We're not going to stand around and talk pie. More of an organisation akin to the underground railroad in North America. these people are jaded. they feel good is not a won cause at all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Railroad

My group is certainly not tolerant of evil or even some neutral acts, so there will still be a degree of drama. For example in character the commander just met a human ranger who may have been up to nothing wrong but his manner and candor to her was lacking, so it ended up saying sharply that she did not trust him and he left remarking what a rude person she was.

Or for example just running up against anyone who is a mindless enforcer of the law - immediate conflict rp - perhaps even violence.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 06 2018, 11:51 AM 

Player

// Amia had plenty of Evil groups, bunch of assholes Icly, but we had plenty! Maybe it do some good to have it back? To create some RP that is more than magical tricks and chit chat around Bendir Dale until a DM throws a tantruming NPC like Taman who do weird shit? :D We would get more to do and maybe other return? //

Jron, the not so famous bard, ex-pirate, ex-robber.

Hmm....Stripclub....in Demonreach? I got to visit that...with my girls

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 06 2018, 14:04 PM 

Player

I wrote an emotional reply here some of you may have read.

I have removed it on reflection. there is no need for drama.

Best in the New Year for everyone!!

[could this topic please be locked now?]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]