View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
foomatic

PostPosted: Wed, May 22 2013, 6:02 AM 

Player

foomatic wrote:
/* ooc: I'm fairly new at this & especially the forum posting thing. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. */

An application is left for review:
Tomato Sword wrote:
Blade Unit Application Form

The Blades are the secondary defense force, and primary offensive force of the Dale. They are seen as tougher, more resilient fighters. They are the the force to be used in outside conflict as well.

Name: Thea.

Skills:
1. Good with a short-bow (and always working on it).
2. Can be very quiet when needed.
3. Basic training as a Scribe.

Faith: [ the section is left blank ]

Section of Unit:
(Warriors/Magi/Scouts/Medics) Scouts

Reasons for Joining: It's important for every individual in a community to contribute to it's growth and safety.

Availability: Immediate.
// I'm usually online around 8:00 or 9:00 and stay on untill around 10:30 GMT +5:30.

Thank you for your application. We will be in touch with you shortly for a follow-up interview.

((In light of recent events, please PM kicker930 and maglorine for your application.))

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 2:23 AM 

DM

The letter is to Missus, but is left on the main board.

Dear Missus;
On my most recent stop to Bendir with my mate (Vinn'do) and one of our Darksong Knights (Nil'Lyn), we were accosted by a hin woman who self-identified as Lorna. She said that she wanted to kill us all and intends to burn down the Shrine, and get as many people as she can to help her.

While I let this go out of deference to your laws, I cannot in good conscience allow her to harm any Drow of the Shrine who have proven themselves, nor can I allow her to instigate a crusade against the Shrine, while hiding behind Bendir's laws. I am fully aware and accepting that we are not to be trusted on sight. However, threatening our home intimates that she is not only aware of who we are, and what we are, but that she doesn't care.

She states she is not a resident of the Dale, but as this occurred on your lands, I thought you should be aware of it. She should also have it very carefully explained to her that I have identified her to our golems, given her egregious threat, and she will be denied entry to the Shrine until such time as her threats cease.

I thank you for your time

Aly'dra Claddath
Shrine of Eilistraee

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 2:56 AM 

Player

*The clerks in the townhall hear a blood curdling scream as a beer stein filled with Fendels finest brew flies across the room only to come skidding to a halt empty in front of Cindle's cubby. Missus storms to the door red faced clutching the crumpled note in one chubby hand. She opens the door and yells to the nearest gate guard "I want that missy shifterpants Lorna dragged to my office if she dares to show her face here!!!!" She whirls in a cloud of hairpins amidst the angry jangle of rattling bangle bracelets and vanishes into her inner sanctum.*

kicker930

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 4:03 AM 

Player

// Just letting the ones looking to join the Dale Militia, stop sending your applications to me, I don't play anymore, send it to Maglorine, not me.

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 6:13 AM 

Player

//cleaned up and pruned the first post to reflect both the change to a single militia unit as well as the contact info.

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 23:24 PM 

Player

Dear Mayor,
The shifter known as Lorna has recently attacked myself and several other visitors of the Dale, without being provoked. Including many drow and another halfling, she managed to slaughter all of us with ease, I myself was knocked out and had to raise several others from the dead. What are your orders?

~~Luck Dragon

PS: She openly admitted to being a Malarite.

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 24 2013, 2:44 AM 

Player

*After reading This and This as well as This, Missus pens a note seen only by Bendir Militia Personnel and it goes like this:

Kill-on-Sight Order
Name: Lorna
Charges: Murder, Mass Murder, Aggravated Murder, Aggravated Mass Murder, Intent to Murder, Conspiracy to Murder, and being a lying two-faced bitch.

She shall be taken down with extreme prejudice, having already virtually declared war on Bendir Dale, Civility, Honesty, Integrity, Motherhood, Apple Pie, and the very concept of a peace loving and law abiding society. Be aware, she is no more a hin than a rock shaped like an apple is an apple.

Based on her prior actions no verbal parlaying is required. She is dangerous and if you give her time to prepare or shift, your cause may be lost. Marshal your resources. Work in teams. If the use of friendly and willing visitors is necessary to drop her then by all means employ them. Kill on Sight means you see her, she doesn't need to see you.

When the task is complete, scoop up whatever is left of her, put it in a metal bucket, write Lorna-Malarite on it, and deliver it to ArchDruidess Malandria of The Grove. Don't just dump it in the Skull Crags or Frontier where some unknowing fool might raise her. I want the first sight she see's when she gets raised to be Malandria, Kaci, and Jace staring down at her.

Warm Regards,
Mayor Missus
*a wagon wheel shaped wax seal in blood red is affixed*

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 24 2013, 2:46 AM 

Player

Kill on Sight Ban: Lorna
Please see the attached.

maglorine wrote:
*After reading This and This as well as This, Missus pens a note seen only by Bendir Militia Personnel and it goes like this:

Kill-on-Sight Order
Name: Lorna
Charges: Murder, Mass Murder, Aggravated Murder, Aggravated Mass Murder, Intent to Murder, Conspiracy to Murder, and being a lying two-faced bitch.

She shall be taken down with extreme prejudice, having already virtually declared war on Bendir Dale, Civility, Honesty, Integrity, Motherhood, Apple Pie, and the very concept of a peace loving and law abiding society. Be aware, she is no more a hin than a rock shaped like an apple is an apple.

Based on her prior actions no verbal parlaying is required. She is dangerous and if you give her time to prepare or shift, your cause may be lost. Marshal your resources. Work in teams. If the use of friendly and willing visitors is necessary to drop her then by all means employ them. Kill on Sight means you see her, she doesn't need to see you.

When the task is complete, scoop up whatever is left of her, put it in a metal bucket, write Lorna-Malarite on it, and deliver it to ArchDruidess Malandria of The Grove. Don't just dump it in the Skull Crags or Frontier where some unknowing fool might raise her. I want the first sight she see's when she gets raised to be Malandria, Kaci, and Jace staring down at her.

Warm Regards,
Mayor Missus
*a wagon wheel shaped wax seal in blood red is affixed*

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 24 2013, 11:28 AM 

Player

//The above order is ON HOLD pending DM Review.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 24 2013, 15:58 PM 

Player

//The above order is OK to proceed.

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 2:32 AM 

Player

El'lantris Do'Faust added to the Insignia list.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 4:29 AM 

Player

Bobo_Underhill wrote:
Captain Missus 'Mustache Dragon' A'whiggins
1st Lieutenant Daisy 'Gold Dragon' Goodluck
2nd Lieutenant Skit 'Iron Dragon' Gwil
2nd Lieutenant Holl 'Steel Dragon' Silver-eye
Master Sergeant Bobrin 'Shadow Dragon' Torrowfire
Corporal Suzy 'Momma Dragon' Burris (Smith)
Private Roscoe 'Doggy Dragon' Burrows
Private Osron 'Ghost Dragon' Ghostfoot
Private Krisella 'Silver Dragon' Silvershaper
Private Wandalynn 'Actual Dragon' Goldleaf
Private Wilfire 'Knight Dragon' Strongfeet
Private Luckii 'Luck Dragon' Till
Private Rorimac 'Serious Dragon' Beestinger
Private Saku 'Evo Dragon' Farlaen
Private Corra 'Sea Dragon'

The PIT Crew - Privates-In-Training
Fionia Rossen
Sago
Fruian Tumblebelly
Rook Crumfire
Red Crumfire

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 31 2013, 1:04 AM 

Player

Name: Bralor
Charge: Murder, idiocy, criminal negligence, belligerence, etc.
Penalty: Banned

Treat him like every other banned person. Give him a chance to walk, if he doesn't take it, make him take it. Remember, even though he's half the man Malatril was, he's still dangerous. Work in teams. One talks, one stalks. When he's reached the end of his rope, put it round his neck a give it a good yank.

Mayor Missus
*wagon wheel seal*

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 31 2013, 1:08 AM 

Player

Krin has been removed from the Banite list. After observation I do not believe him to be of that faith, despite his annoying manner and incessant boasting.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, May 31 2013, 4:41 AM 

Player

More updates!

Bobo_Underhill wrote:
Bobo_Underhill wrote:
Private Ciaran 'Law Dragon'

Fionia Rossen (training with Luckii)
Sago
Fruian Tumblebelly
Rook Crumfire
Red Crumfire

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 04 2013, 23:36 PM 

Player

More updates!

Bobo_Underhill wrote:
Bobo_Underhill wrote:

Fionia Rossen
Sago
Fruian Tumblebelly
Rook Crumfire
Red Crumfire
Lyle Underburrow

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 09 2013, 3:23 AM 

Player

The Insignia List is updated.

emzor

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 10 2013, 7:43 AM 

Player

A bright red notice is pinned up on the Public noticeboard in the Bendir Dale town square.

Quote:
Many Citizens are starting to get restless after a number of nasty incidents involving the Darkies.

We don't know which hole these Darkies keep crawling out from. But the sheer numbers suggest wanton breeding behavior and a current lack of control over a large population of rogue/unaccountable drow.

Drow wandering through the gates. Eye-witnesses say they saw a Female Drow leading an unknown Blind male Drow through Bendir Dale today. You would not know if he was truly blind or if it's merely some attempt to attract pity and deceive us.

It's bad enough more and more Drow are receiving Insignias. But it's doubly-bad that they are able to vouch for other drow. We shouldn't fully trust the ones with insignia's and certainty shouldn't trust their judgement. The Elistreens have been infiltrated many MANY times before. How do you really know that the next drow vouched for is not really a spy of Vhaeraun or even worse secret worshiper of Lloth.

Do not drop your guard. Do not Believe a Fabled Strone Insignia means that the Drow whom carries such is a safe, kind, good-spirited person whom is safe to leave around our townsfolk and children. It simply means do not kill on sight but watch, be cautious and show constant vigilance. An Insignia doesn't un-make a Drow. It may just mean they have tricked someone into handing one out.

- Signed CCOBD (Concerned Citizens of Bendir Dale)

P Three

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 10 2013, 13:11 PM 

DM

I am pleased to see people of Bendir Dale taking a stance that I have long believed is necessary against my own kind.

We should never be accepted at face value. I urge -all- citizens of Bendir Dale, and all citizens of every town, to distrust Drow, even those who present insignia. Our kin below are manipulative, cunning and conniving threats to all good people, and it is only safe if all of us are distrusted until we -individually- prove our worth and are redeemed in the public eye, until we are redeemed in the eyes of the Coronal Father, Corellon Larethian, as well.

However, I do urge you to watch, and see what we do. Speak to us, and learn our stories individually, because at the end of the day, we are all people, just like you. We all have our own foibles and flaws, and our own strengths and talents.

I am always willing to speak with any person, save those I know are beyond redemption, and I would happily entertain any questions that any member of Bendir has for me. I have lived among you. I have ministered to your hurt and fallen. I hope that I have proven myself, but if you need more, come to me. I can often be found outside, watching for my wayward kin as they flee the Spider and seek out the Maiden.

If you must know, it was I who led the other drow in, to find the carpentry trainer and produce paper for your Militia members to use. This is a privilege I have been granted by former Mayor Beestinger and current Mayor Missus, and had we been asked by the ones present, we could have spoken for ourselves. I'm saddened that the good people of Bendir would choose to hold their tongues when I was there just to try to use them later to fan dissent.

If you see me, or any other Drow about, feel free to speak to us. This is -your home-. You have the right, and those of us of the Shrine have been told, by myself and our other Priestesses, and High Priestess Erelkacha as well, that you have and deserve that right.

Maiden Bless!
Aly'dra Claddath

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 10 2013, 14:43 PM 

Player

I would ask the writer of this poster - What are you afraid of that you hide behind an anonymous group name?

Distrust of Drow? I agree with you. The leaders of the Shrine agree with you. A mere 3 insignias have been issued to Shrine members in all my years as Mayor. This is but a fraction of the Drow I've personally kicked out of the Dale and an even tinier fraction of the number kicked out by our Militia.

One is driven to wonder why a view so widely held and uncontroversial would require anonymity. It's not because you'd be disparaged, although there are far worse things. How is anyone to discuss these policy issues with people using anonymous group names? Is there a policy change being promoted? If so, promote it in the light of day. Stand up like a man and speak to your fellow citizens, assuming you are a citizen. Cowards hide behind acronyms. People with hidden agendas and of ill repute who know that if their identities were known and tied to an idea it would weaken it. Wonders indeed. I'm so pleased we all agree and for my part, I will continue to enforce the laws in place, in public, facing both friend and foe on your behalf.

*an unusually prominent signature*

Mayor Missus

Kudark

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 10 2013, 19:57 PM 

Player

*Crow sees the original note, and visibly restrains himself from ripping it down, he leaves out the north entrance muttering.
Upon his return to the Dale, he sees the two responses, and nods to himself*

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 11 2013, 13:19 PM 

Player

posting.php?mode=reply&f=58&t=72014

Missus is hereby banned from Bendir Dale for one month for criminally negligent naivete.

Libba is hereby banned from ever holding a weapon on Bendir Dale lands, for intransigent fecklessness and felonious willful blindness.

Mayor Missus
*wagon wheel stamp*

Strawberry Stallion

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 13 2013, 3:00 AM 

Player

Citizens have a right to remain anonymous when voicing concerns for numerous reasons, address the issue not question the integrity of those voicing them. I agree something must be done to address the issue regarding the Drow populace. Simply because they carry a symbol (which can be equally forged or stolen) does not mean we have to recognise them for anything. Set up trade stalls outside the walls to welcome commerce whilst keeping them away from the townsfolk who do not want to get involved.

M. Gefarva

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 15 2013, 20:52 PM 

Player

In recognition for seniority and dogged dedication to the militia, Luckii 'Luck Dragon' Till is bestowed the rank of Corporal and able to take the Sergeant's test at her leisure.

Corporal Luckii 'Luck Dragon' Till

Fionia Rossen
Sago
Fruian Tumblebelly
Rook Crumfire
Red Crumfire
Lyle Underburrow

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 18 2013, 1:42 AM 

Player

*Luckii blinks and raises a silvery brow at the post, reading through the replies. With a click of her tongue ring, she walks away with a rub of her right temple.*

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 27 2013, 3:49 AM 

Player

Guys,

We produce our own insignias and keep a record of who has them and who is allowed to enter, thus they cannot be forged. Learn about our policies before you complain about an issue that isn't there, and instead help us enforce our current rules by reporting it instead of being a whiner.

-Master-Sergeant Bobrin Torrowfire

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2013, 16:39 PM 

Player

All Militia Members on the roster are ordered to report for new orders in the next tenday. Failure to report will result in your names being removed from the roster. This is the only notice I'm posting.

Missus
*wagon wheel shaped inkblot*

//anyone I see in-game will be retained automatically. If you do not cross time zones with me a PM will suffice if you still actively play your PC. Just let me know as I'm aiming to keep the roster updated and tidy.

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 14 2013, 15:56 PM 

Player

// Been looking for you when I've been in game this week, but apparently we've missed each other. :( This is just to affirm that I still do play Daisy (when I can get in game these days, which isn't as often as I'd like).

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 14 2013, 17:09 PM 

Player

// I've been keeping an eye out for you IG to no avail as well.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 16 2013, 12:31 PM 

Player

// I've been taking a break from Amia for the most part. Not really certain when I'll be back for more than short visits.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 18 2013, 17:16 PM 

Player

The following statement has been issued by resident Rico Ondenfare.

"Not too long ago, whilst walking up to the forest, I noticed two Militiamen under attack from two Ghost variety She'kat. After helping them out I marched to Minmir bridge where they told me it had been quiet for days and that by shooting a flaming arrow in the sky, we'd recieve help.

If anything happens once more, I shall report it.

-Rico Ondenfare"

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 18 2013, 17:41 PM 

Player

// only if this was posted where residents could see: //

Rico,
Given that it was only two She'kats, most likely it was a frightened adventurer being chased, or some idiot playing games who lured them to the Dale.

Also, it would be impossible for anyone at Minmir Bridge, to see a flaming arrow launched into the sky, from Bendir Dale. Whoever told you that, is giving you a false sense of hope. Use the Bendir Militia, for problems regarding Bendir Dale.

Citizen Crow

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 30 2013, 2:33 AM 

Player

Roster Updated to reflect Active members (as far as I know). Crow has been added to the Militia roster as a Private.

Private Crow 'Tall Dragon'

None

maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 31 2013, 4:10 AM 

Player

*posted at the Townhall in large print*

Proposed Change to Racial Bans

1) All Drow, Goblins, and Kobolds to be banned from Bendir Dale.
2) All banned races now eligible for an Insignia Exemption for exceptional and good willed candidates of the banned race. Two individuals of well known repute must personally vouch for a candidate in writing. One voucher must be a Dale citizen.

Rationale: The aforementioned races are all equally evil and despicable as a rule. However, up until now only Drow have been able to achieve nominally accepted status to travel among us. This is unfair as they are at least as savage and sadistic as goblins and kobolds. All these races should be treated similarly and unique individuals of said races who prove themselves reliable should be able to gain entry. It also made no sense for goblins to be banned while kobolds were allowed, this is hereby corrected as they will now both be banned.

I'm leaving this posting open for public comment for the period of one month. If no reasoned arguments against this are heard, then the order will become effective at the end of the comment period. Comments may be posted here or send to my mailbox.

Mayor Missus
*wagon wheel Seal is affixed*

mad_otter

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2013, 17:27 PM 

Player

Militia Application Form

Name: Calen

Skills: Scout and Archer (Ranger/Rogue)

Faith: Tymora-ish

Section of Unit: Scouts

Reasons for Joining: Because he believes the Dale is super spiffy and needs protecting.

Availability: Evenings and weekends mostly (EST/GMT-5)

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 05 2013, 4:52 AM 

Player

More updates!
maglorine wrote:
Private Crow 'Tall Dragon'

Calen

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 05 2013, 7:24 AM 

Player

//Posting to make sure you got my PM maglorine :)

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 2:54 AM 

Player

*list of individuals has been updated*

Kex has been added to the Ban list. I think everyone knows why at this point.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 11:44 AM 

Player

The middle-aged hin leaves a reply to the Mayor Missus's announcement in the Town Hall, as directed. There is also a little box set up by Cindle's desk.

It is worth mentioning that the above statement, as it stands, is somewhat misleading. Goblinoids, which includes hobgoblins, bugbears, and the like, are banned from the Dale but have always had the option to receive the insignia, as drow has. As you will all see, Puff has been on the list for years, even before Lyam and Pilineth has agreed to ban all goblinoids from the Dale.

In addition, I wholeheartedly disagree with the motion to add kobolds to the list. We already ban those who follow Kurtulmak and his allies within the Chromatic Dragon. The Elders, Lyle, and I agreed we did not wish to expand any more of our bans based on one's race when we have added list of faiths that are unwelcome here in the Dale. Kobolds are not like goblinoids. They do not kill each other to establish dominance as goblinoids do. They are cooperative creatures in which they accomplish their goals in numbers. If and when a lone kobold wanders to the Dale, it is highly unlikely it is those that are traditional servants of Kurtulmak and more likely to have cast out because they do not adhere to their evil ways. A lone goblinoid is of equal threat as any other goblinoid. A lone kobold does not share the same threat.

I also disagree with the notion drow, kobold, and goblinoids are of comparable evil. Even then, I see no reason to simply ban kobolds when there are far more evil creatures, such as orogs and ogrillon, who are nonetheless allowed to enter the Dale. Even a half-fiend such as Miss Ryriska is welcome here.

The reason we have chosen to ban goblinoids and drow is not because of who they are, but because of what they have done against us. Since Master Sergeant Bobrin was unable to provide me with even a single example of coordinated efforts against the Dale by organized kobold tribes, it runs contrary to the reason we have banned drow and goblinoids in the past. Drow and goblinoids have enslaved our citizens, slain our children, and terrorized our community time and time again despite our extended efforts into welcoming them to our homes when no others would. We have chosen to ban them for our own safety based on our own experiences. Not out of prejudice.

Kobolds on the other hand have not behaved in such a way as a whole. From the follower of the Joybringer, such Kurchin, to the members of the New and Old Tenek Tribe such as Hikriss, N'Kazi, and Valignar, many kobolds have aided in our time of struggle and have continued to be our friends. Those who have not have always been few and far between; their transgressions comparable, if not less, to any other race on the isle, such as humans and elves, who visit us.

Our kindness is shown when we allow for exceptions to those who are banned due to the action of others. Cordor does not offer such. Nor does Kohlingen. Nor did Djedet. We do so because we believe that goodness can reside even in the hearts of those who others would see as enemies. Let us not imitate others when it is not necessary. The Dale has always strove to be open to as many people as possible, regardless of who they were born as or where they come from. Let us not forget our hearts before we take needless actions.

I hereby open the floor to all of the citizens of the Dale to vote on this matter.

With Hearthkeeper's Blessing,
Laurel Beestinger

Last edited by Tomato Sword on Sun, Aug 11 2013, 10:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 12:36 PM 

Player

I'm planning a vote after the comment period has ended. I'm also in the process of penning a response to your written statement. I think a vote at this point is premature. Let it bake a while longer dear, this pie isn't ready yet!

Mayor Missus

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 13:36 PM 

Player

After a careful consideration of the issue and the replies, Ciaran 'Law Dragon' leaves his vote in the provided box.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09 2013, 14:03 PM 

Player

We don't ban humans or elves or half-orcs due to the actions of a small fraction of them. It is not logical, and not within the compassion of Yondalla and her Children to target kobolds when history has not proven them to have a coordinated aggression toward the citizens of Bendir Dale. A single kobold does not tend to be a threat to anyone. Just as a single elf or human does not tend to be a threat. And if one does prove to be a threat, chances are it's already banned from the Dale due to its evil and malevolent faith. I have only ever witnessed one kobold in the Dale who proved to be a threat, and he was Kurtulmakkian. One. Among many, many kobolds who have proven to be benevolent allies and in some cases even friends. Kobolds who have been separated from their evil tribes by their lack of cruelty and lack of heartlessness. If we ban kobolds, it would be us who are the heartless ones, without compassion for the outcast many, banned for the actions of but a few.

Honestly, if we're going to ban a new race from the dale, I propose humans. It is they who tend to be the ones who cause problems for us. It is they, other than those already banned, who push us around, belittle us, try to run our town for us, call upon great magicks to the detriment of our town, get into fights with us over our laws... Really, I could go on and on, but I'm running out of ink.

- Private Rorimac Beestinger

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:33 AM 

Player

A note is tacked up underneath Laurel's post, in Daisy's big looping handwriting. Perhaps pointedly, it's written onto a Bendir Dale Militia Incident Report form.

10 Eleasis 1382
Lieutenant Daisy Gold Dragon Goodluck

Walked on the public road to Cordor, minding my own business.
Number of humans who attacked me for no reason: 0
Number of kobolds who attacked me for no reason: 6

Updates to follow as necessary.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:39 AM 

Player

Private Rorimac Beestinger

Walked the public road from Wharftown to the swamp, minding my own business.
Number of kobolds who attacked me for no reason: 0
Number of humans who attacked me for no reason: 102

Updates to follow as necessary.

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:41 AM 

Player

What the heck do Wharftown and some swamp have to do with the Dale? I'm talking about stuff right outside our front gates.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:49 AM 

Player

Cordor isn't right outside our front gates.
Right outside our front gates are orcs.
The Cordorian kobolds almost never come into the Dale and you know it.

- Private Rorimac Beestinger

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:03 AM 

Player

You can't say that you got attacked by humans when you were mucking around in swamps on the other side of the island, and then say the road that half the Dale uses every day is too far away to matter.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:09 AM 

Player

Yes, I can. Because NEITHER PLACE IS THE DALE.

I have never been attacked in the Dale by any kobolds whatsoever.
I have only ever witnessed ONE kobold, a Kurtulmakkian who was already banned, attack the Dale.
Humans and their derivitives, on the other hand, harass us nonstop, have murdered countless Dale residents in cold blood just to flex their power. Elves also grieve us on their crusades against whatever it is they're hunting this week. But no one will ban either of those groups.

- Rori

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:14 AM 

Player

Well, I've been attacked by kobolds in the Dale, more than once. The ones that learn magic and think they're dragons, most especially. And when that happened, it was humans and elfs that helped kick them out.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:21 AM 

Player

Almost every kobold I know that comes into the Dale has either not proven to be a threat, or is an outcast from their tribe because they are not evil. They have never, as a coordinated effort, attacked the Dale as far as I know.

That is the reason we have banned drow and goblins. And why we have not banned any other races.
This prospective ban on kobolds is only a cold-hearted venture based entirely on blind hatred and is above the station of the Dale. It's also spreading fear among all the other races that theirs may be next, for the actions of a minute number of their kin. This is not the type of thing I can condone. It is not the type of thing the Sacred Hearth of Cyrrollalee needs to be stained with. It is a shame it even needs to be discussed.

- Rori

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next