View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Eternal-Vortex

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 30 2014, 19:27 PM 

Player

You are number ONE, Jes.

Daigon Bloodsworm - Tiefling of Asmodous

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 04 2014, 5:40 AM 

Player

I took a job managing a fish plant (cannery) while my toe is broken, so expect my hours to drop severely. Just thought I'd let you all know.

(Edit for typos and for Kudark's sake 8) )

Last edited by TheCortroy on Fri, Jul 04 2014, 6:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kudark

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 04 2014, 5:55 AM 

Player

Fish plants grow in water, don't they?
Or, at least they need plenty of it!

dayfer

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:28 AM 

Player

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my recent absence as of late. I've been unable to connect to the actual in game servers for awhile and only just sorted the issue. So I should be back in the saddle soon.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 12 2014, 15:45 PM 

Player

I am with some RL problens... Will be out for a while.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

shadowclasper

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:03 AM 

Player

Life's been belting me in the face. Still will be on and trying to do stuff, but much less often until crunch ends for the game I'm working on.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 17 2014, 23:56 PM 

Player

My motherboard broke... I will take some time to buy a new one. See later folks.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

shadowclasper

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 18 2014, 8:51 AM 

Player

I should be back this friday! No promises though D:

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 19 2014, 15:09 PM 

DM

Okay, I've given it some time and I've found that it's gonna be impossible for me to keep up with important in-game matters, with my new schedule. I can never play Pebbles when you guys are around! So she's gonna pull back from anything "official" and just be around when I can find the time to play her.

Sorry, folks! I'll see you around occasionally, though! Hopefully.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Murkoph

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 7:37 AM 

Player

I should apologise for my extended absence in playing Jannah, for the most part I've been having a rough time lately due to some mental health issues, but more significantly I've returned to studying full time which requires me to normalise my sleeping habits again after mid-year break (also under doctor's orders, unfortunately).

The problem with this is that due to timezones most hin activity happens around 3-5 am my time, which makes it quite difficult for Jannah to stick her head out of her office. I'll try to make an effort to get on when available but it's just... Not practical a lot of the time these days.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 19 2014, 3:01 AM 

Player

Murkoph wrote:
I should apologise for my extended absence in playing Jannah, for the most part I've been having a rough time lately due to some mental health issues, but more significantly I've returned to studying full time which requires me to normalise my sleeping habits again after mid-year break (also under doctor's orders, unfortunately).

The problem with this is that due to timezones most hin activity happens around 3-5 am my time, which makes it quite difficult for Jannah to stick her head out of her office. I'll try to make an effort to get on when available but it's just... Not practical a lot of the time these days.

I understand, and you gotta do what's best for you... Nick's post was just that... Nick's post, and it was completely made IC.

I love all you guys OOCly, your my second family!

Hudson

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 19 2014, 12:02 PM 

Player

Activety comes and goes.

One month one group/ faction is very active and the next month attention shifts elsewhere. Examples of recent booming activety are Winya and the Shrine.

The Dale has been fairly quiet recently (residents wise) and I don't think anyone should feel bad about that ooc'ly so no need to apologize. It'll turn around again.
You play on Amia for fun and relaxation (I hope anyways!) and it's not your work/ duty to log on a toon if you don't feel like playing him/her and I won't hold it against anyone if a certain toon isn't played much for a while.

Ofcourse, if a toon isn't around for months and other toons pick up his/her work roles may shift but that's all ic and not ooc and before that happens there always will be some nudging.

So don't worry!

If anyone wants to run/ set up something involving the Dale (Or Kampo) feel free to poke me about it and I'll try to accomodate.

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)

emzor

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 10 2014, 0:52 AM 

Player

Unfortunately work became super hectic these past 6 months, just as things were starting to get really fun IG, so I haven't been around at all. I'm only now catching my breathe. I'm hopeful that I will be able to get back to playing on the weekends very soon.

As it's been a little while, you probably won't hear from my priest Morty Morrowcroft, or the rapscallion Libba, but I'll roll something new out to join the Bendir fun.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 13 2014, 1:28 AM 

Player

// Gonna take an indefinate break from Amia guys. Not that its anyone's fault, but I seem to miss every single DM event that seems to be reshaping and changing the landscape of Amia and it's just getting annoying to a point of not wanting to play anymore. I'm just caught in a timezone that has me not only missing DM Events but RP as well. Maybe I've lost my Mojo, or whatever, but I think I might just need some time away to "recharge" and get "reinvigorated" to play.

My active hin would just be evacuated or go with the other residents with the exception of Nick. Rooster would also withdraw his militia application as well.

[IC] Nick would be seen leaving the Dale with his traveling bag in tow. He'd check out of his room at the Hin Inn and fade into the shadows not to be seen or heard from.

Murkoph

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 14 2014, 3:10 AM 

Player

I'm making a point of having Jannah get on a bit more since it seemed a lot of the stuff she was working towards was falling apart, which was a shame because the trade stuff was really interesting and fun.

That and someone has to reap massive profit off of this war.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 1:15 AM 

Player

Hello Bendir lot!

Upon joining the team, you guys were one of the first areas I thought of. I'm aware that you guys had a bit of a rough run with your previous DM. I was wondering if I could have your input on how much NPC or DM driven activity you guys feel you need or want as a whole. I know that kicking out PC leaders in favor for NPCs is not really ideal for everyone, so I thought I would ask for a consensus first.

What would you guys like to see in terms of DM involvement? Would you like minimalist intervention or a more active face? If you would, please give me some of your awesome ideas regarding how you would like to see that done! Any other questions or concerns are also openly welcomed.

Thanks for your time, guys. :D

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 7:42 AM 

Player

You have two new citizens to pick on! *points at Rania and Thomas*

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 9:07 AM 

Player

Hey Sam, congrats on becoming a DM and cheers for giving Bendir Dale some thought :)

Whenever I think about what a DM could do for Bendir, I see it less as a governor for the whole town and see it more as a way for fleshing out the setting. When I think about some of my favourite memories of Bendir Dale, it has to be back when GothicSauce was a DM. The village was still player-lead, but he would bring NPCs such as Jayek out on to the road to have a chat with the Hin and visitors alike, would integrate some of the Halflings religious festivals in it and give Hin (in particular the Harlequins) who needed a bit of DM support the support they needed, whether it's digging a tunnel under Bendir to building a statue of the current mayor/ess.

I think what Bendir needs, and has needed for a while, is 1. Someone to bring life to NPCs, but not in such a way that disrupts the ethos of Bendir Dale (I think Hudson was a great DM for Bendir but completely disagreed with an NPC running the village, even though it was done via Election). This can be achieved with things such as small quests (Jayek needs some candles picked up from Wharftown, but it turns out the cart never arrived with the candles, find out where it is, as a very random example) or NPCs having random conversations or contributions. And 2. Someone to be just there as "The person we can contact about Bendir Dale". This is something we really needed in the past, in particular when we did have a spurt of PvP going on every other day in front of guards, but this is less though in this day and age.

All-in-all, I hope you're a DM that has fun with the smaller folk, since not only are we friendly IC and OOC, but maybe it's time a DM can turn some pranks back on certain members of the village? :wink:

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 10:42 AM 

Player

Hiya, and congratulations on DMship!

In a matter of progressing Bendir Dale, we could do with RP supervision over projects that have already been set out by PCs. NPC reactions would be especially useful for these goals, what they're doing to help and so on.

Adding to what Kamina said, Hudson made this topic for a general feel of what it's like in the setting: http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=81650. I think this will be especially useful to you since clans have been a key component for Bendir Dale's (or any Hin settlement for that matter) integration and cohesiveness. Each clan does a little something for the community job-wise too, which could help with a lot of trade & building projects whilst fleshing Bendir Dale more at the same time.

All in all, the Bendir Playerbase already takes initiative to go and do things. It's mostly a response we need. It was also nice when Hudson used to control some of the NPCs, be that the guard standing outside the gate, Elders, Jayek, Fendel, Dirk etc. That made things lively in general.

Aside from this chunk of lore, a disaster to read through...(http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=51441) Feel free to ask me or any other players who know Bendir in and out about the ethos or any Bendir history that might be relevant. Good luck!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 11:12 AM 

Player

Awesome, thanks for all the responses guys. I've got some reading up to do in the next few days so if you have anything more to add, feel free to contact me in a PM. Im pretty much going to be the one watching over our little hin village from topside so from now on make sure anyone who bugs you with questions that could be directed at me for DM support, don't hesitate to send them over.

Also, can you guys remind me when your town hall meetings are? That sounds like something I could use to start getting aquainted with you guys!

Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 11:25 AM 

Player

Town meetings start around 9PM GMT (Daylight Savings Time) / 4PM EST (I think) on Sundays. Although sometimes they start a little later when we have a shortage of Bendir Players at that time. I'll try and remember to add a reminder message on this: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=81657.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, May 19 2015, 14:43 PM 

Player

Perfect for me, I'll sit in for this week's :D

Edit: I'm currently reading up on all the elder council PCs and stuff so I'll make sure to ask if I get lost! Thanks again guys

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 18 2015, 11:00 AM 

Player

Having some issues with my PC so I'll be off Amia for a while until it's fixed or if I find myself having to buy a new one, no idea when I'll be back. I'll be lurking on the forums at times and if you need anything PM me.

Take care and hope to see you all soon!

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 18 2015, 21:21 PM 

Player

Elyon wrote:
Having some issues with my PC so I'll be off Amia for a while until it's fixed or if I find myself having to buy a new one, no idea when I'll be back. I'll be lurking on the forums at times and if you need anything PM me.

Take care and hope to see you all soon!

Aww... hurry back then! My PC has been blue screening lately, gonna need to upgrade myself soonish.

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2015, 16:01 PM 

Player

// Been having some health issues as of late so if Dicey is needed for anything pm me I will try to log on, otherwise I won't be on for awhile but will try to check in from time to time if I can.

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 25 2015, 16:20 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Take care Dice! I'll save your place. :D

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Candle

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2015, 4:21 AM 

Player

As some have noticed I'm mostly out. Work has been crazy, and this will likely continue until next week. Till then Candle is at a lathanderian retreat, ICly. :)

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2015, 11:25 AM 

Player

Awh come back soon then Candle, Dicey. Hope you get well quickly!

I should be back on from tomorrow pretty actively. 3 month holiday... Better fill up my summer time calendar with other things. Anyway see you all soon!

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 01 2015, 21:13 PM 

Player

Sorry I've not been on, my baby turns 1 week overdue tomorrow and with the heatwave hitting england it's been very uncomfortable! I hope to be back soon!

when met"

chefwudan

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:33 AM 

Player

RL has been winning most of my time of late and now a well deserved vacation to Sin City awaits me tomorrow so I'll be away for nearly two weeks. Might pop in from time to time if I get run down from all the excitement.

Kojengirl

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 28 2015, 5:08 AM 

Player

Want to say that I'm sorry i haven't been on in a while. My graphics card melted again on me and after a long, very "calm" talk with an AMD rep, i've had to completely wipe my comp and install win 10 with a new Nvidia card that im much happier with. That also kicked my bank account in the hurts so i've been working extra shifts to get back into good graces with my account. Things are starting to slow down again though so i should be on again! sorry for just vanishing though, hope i didnt break any RPs :(

Pic: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lathander_symbol.jpg (for dodging legal bullets)

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 03 2015, 0:55 AM 

Player

I won't be online until the 8th, going on vacation. If you need anything PM me. Enjoy!

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 03 2015, 0:58 AM 

Player

Trying to get back in the game, pending CD key authorization etc. Of course, it will be on a Hin.

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 11 2015, 22:42 PM 

Player

Been a bit busy as of late, my grandfather just had a stroke and is in critical condition. If I am a bit absent, there you have it.

Fymor Trueshot

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 11 2015, 23:14 PM 

Player

DukeDublin wrote:
Been a bit busy as of late, my grandfather just had a stroke and is in critical condition. If I am a bit absent, there you have it.

Seriously sorry to hear this; been wondering where you were. Prayers sent for you and yours.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 05 2015, 22:48 PM 

Player

Been busy lately, hope to be back soon!

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 19 2016, 8:15 AM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
Been busy lately, hope to be back soon!

And that time is now!

when met"

Couch_Ninja

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12 2016, 17:34 PM 

Player

Sorry for lack of online presence! This april's been a busy month.

Candle

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 12 2016, 19:19 PM 

Player

Couch_Ninja wrote:
Sorry for lack of online presence! This april's been a busy month.

Don't worry, Candle has already usurped your throne and turned the dale into an obelisk of darkness worshiping only Cyric.

That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 14 2016, 15:44 PM 

Player

Ally is taking a bit of a hiatus for a while, just... losing interest. I'm still around, and if anyone needs Ally for anything, just bug me ingame or via PM and I'll bring her around.

Thanks!

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 16:55 PM 

Player

Haven't been able to log in much lately because I've been working a crazy schedule. I'm on late shifts for the rest of the week and into the next, and then I leave for a week long vacation. I'll be around when I can be, it might just be a while.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 19 2016, 15:58 PM 

Player

Great chance I will be out this entire weekend!

Have fun, folks!

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 19 2016, 16:05 PM 

DM

Inconceivable!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 08 2016, 19:58 PM 

DM

I'll be out tonight and most of this Saturday (for my wedding-related stuff) and then all of next weekend, Thursday to Sunday (for my wedding!). The rest of my usual availability will remain the same! :D

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 14:29 PM 

DM

Adding an extra day to the above because I procrastinate!

Gonna be out from now through Sunday for Wedding! :D

See me DM-side as:

maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 14:41 PM 

Player

*a gnome in a "Pebbles costume" with a whiplike tail parades around the Dale giving "orders" to the militia consisting entirely of menu and beverage items from the Hinn Inn*

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 19 2016, 15:45 PM 

DM

Haha! Silly. :D

I'm gonna take the rest of the week off also to tend to some other things - name change forms and looking over my book one last time before I send it to the publisher that contacted me for the whole thing, etc.

If you need me for anything, though, just let me know! I'll be back soon!

See me DM-side as:

That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 06 2016, 21:26 PM 

Player

Okay... work is picking back up, and so are the winds around here. I'm taking a short break from Flynn for a few days. He is busy at home or Town Hall doing... paperwork? PM me if you need him, otherwise, he's just not around.

Now, I'm playing around on alts if I'm here, trying out some of the new stuff and just taking a break as I said. Feel free to bug me if you want!

-That Guy

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 10 2016, 8:17 AM 

Player

I realize I've gotten several of you wrapped up in the events involving my character Ember, and that none of that is resolved yet, but I'm unfortunately going to have to leave the server. I thank all of you for the great RP and the fun times, but it's causing strains in my life outside the game and at least for now, I think it's best if I stop. Thanks again, and I'm sorry.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 10 2016, 9:16 AM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Nuuu

Come back to us soon ;-;

*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time

Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next