View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2013, 14:03 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

//This thread is for life happenings in the Dale, such as what your character is up to when they are in the Dale (Cooking, eating, telling stories, etc.). This thread is open to everyone. However, if you want to simply let people know that your character have returned/will be absent, please use this thread instead.

However, if you wish to make general announcement and such unrelated to life-activity in the Dale (e.g., your character wants to request a meeting with the Mayor), it would be better to simply make a new thread or PM the people you wish to speak to directly.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Kudark on Mon, Dec 02 2013, 16:50 PM, edited 4 times in total.

 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2013, 16:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

One sunny afternoon, in the late summer, as it happens to be around this particular time of year, an unusual resident of the Dale, a taller, and one with an equally unusual name, can be found out in the little niche, next to the cave, not too far from the merchant wagons, which also lie on the far north side of the new bridge, that was constructed behind the Town Hall, where the mayor conducts her secret, private matters, that only mayors know about.

The human man, wearing a pair of blue shorts, that come all the way down to just above his knees, and not even a shirt on his muscular torso, but, he does happen to be wearing a ring, that many might even find somewhat familiar, sits amidst a pile of clothes, which are nothing special of note, just casual things to wear, when someone is not on duty protecting the village he loves, or even for a stroll with that special someone, has his long somewhat wavy, and well past his shoulders brown hair, tied back behind his head.

The young man, one just beginning the prime of his life, not so old yet as to have the respect of age and experience, and not so young to be considered a young adult, might be seen, or might not be seen, this would really depend on who you were, or even where you were at, at the time this was all taking place, but it did take place in the early afternoon, and lasted for perhaps several hours, or a few hours, depending on if anyone came by to actually investigate what he was doing in the little niche by the cave, hard against the bank of the little river, that runs through Bendir Dale, from east to west, and supplies the fertile crop lands, of the village the hin call their home.

So, if anyone sees him slip into the water, they might even take note of the net he pulls into the water with him, it's not an overly large net, not at all too cumbersome, even though the man can obviously handle whatever heavy weight the net might have in it, and also, they might perhaps even note, that is, if they were standing around doing nothing but watching what the man was doing, whilst he was actually in the water, that he was under the water, not coming up for quite a long time, more time than any normal human man of his age and peak physical condition, could even stay for, without drowning himself to death, but it may be related to that familiar ring, that you may have noticed, on his right hand, and even on the finger used for pointing, or picking one's nose, if you were in fact right handed, and no one was looking, that you knew of anyway, there are a lot of sneaky people in the world these days, and one must be cautious when picking your nose, if you are seen, then you are branded, and not by Brandobaris, that would just be wrong, as a habitual nose picker, and no one wants to be seen with, or labeled as a habitual nose picker, they tend to have sticky fingers, and that is unwelcome, especially at gatherings where food is presented, and people are invited to join in the festivities.

But if said person, or persons, or maybe even peoples, happened to be standing long enough, or maybe they came by at just the right moment, to see the man emerge from the water, they could notice the net, that he took into the water with him, a hempen rope made net, a strong and sturdy sort of net, used for carrying somewhat heavy, but not too heavy loads, like the big giant nets that one might see on the loading docks, suspended in the air from the tall lifting arms, but a small net, with smaller rope, but still quite strong enough to hold all the empty liquor bottles, that seem to have little rocks in them, almost as if someone, or someones, had put the little rocks intentionally into the liquor bottles, perhaps to hide them, or dispose of them in a lazy manner, or maybe to store them out of sight, in a special place that few would ever think to look, well, except for the two water genasi, that actually live in the little river that splits the little village almost in half, which in itself was not done intentionally, even though it 'is' a halfling village, but you would be wise not to call the residents halflings, for they prefer to be called hin, and might get upset at you, though the extent of their upsetedness would probably end up with you, on the laughing at side of a harmless, yet purely laughable, to the hin anyway, prank of some sort.

The man would haul the net up, and out of the water, putting the net, full of the obviously old bottles, some of them covered in the green slime that tends to collect on things that end up in the water, where they're not supposed to be in the first place, had that someone or someones, whichever the case may have been, actually put the liquor bottles in the appropriate container to begin with, and not had to come back several years later, after being discovered, quite by accident, and with nearly almost fatal consequences, had someone come too close, which in fact someone had come too close, by accident of course, to some of the bottles that had gotten themselves broken, over the course of the years, and gotten slightly cut on the bottoms of her tiny little webbed feets, but, as luck would have it, meaning she was lucky, but not Luckii, saying that would be confusing, but since you are reading this, the context and spelling, make it apparent that she was fortunate that the cuts did not turn out to be fatally wounding, nor even infectious, thank the Gods for that, infections can spread, and then panic sets in, and doors are locked, and no one dares to come out of doors, for fear they will contact this infection, which isn't really there, because her cuts were obviously tended to, this is evident in the fact that she had indeed discovered who the culprit of this little caper was, even though no one was accused in any wrongdoing, and no charges were brought upon the wrongdoer, who was only a wrongdoer in the eyes of the little water genasi that had accidentally, and not at all on purpose, cut herself while simply doing what she does, in the water, where she lives.

The discovered culprit, had no choice but to admit to his, and it was a his, or him, but that would be grammatically incorrect, and we can't have busybodies picking apart every little word of our tales, then they might start asking questions, and then the tale gets sidetrackeded, and the whole point of the tale is completely lost in the sidetracktedness of the busybodies, who like to disrupt simple tales of the goings on of the residents, for why, only they would know, unless they gathered in places where busybodies gather, and tell of the tales they disrupted, then all of them would know, that is to say, that all of the busybodies gathered in the same place, at the same time, but then even their own tales would be disrupted by all the other busybodies, who like to disrupt tales being told, even if they are being told by fellow busybodies.

As it came to pass, the discovered culprit in this easily understood, to the one who wrote it, or even to one who took the time to read it, if they were inclined to anyway, read such tales of the happenings, of a village in the middle of an island, in the middle of an ocean, which could even be described as the middle of the planet, depending on your perspective in looking at said planet, which would have to be done from way out beyond the clouds, but not the center of the planet, that would be too close to the Underdark, and we all know what lives in the Underdark, and it's usually not very nice, at least to the real Gods fearing, and generally goodly people, who inhabit the surface world, that surround the little village, but then, they would have to surround the village, because as we said before, it sits in the middle of the island, which technically, given one goes far enough away to see all of this stuff , could even be construed as being the center of the multiverse, and it is in fact the center of the multiverse, at least it is for the residents of the little village who reside there, but that is redundant, and redundancy is not the way of tales like this, it ends up being confusing, hearing the same thing over and over and over and over, and over, again, and again, and again, it just gets to be too repetitive, and confusing, but we covered that already, so that does make it redundant, but the redundancy was certainly not intended to confuse, by any means, anyone that happened to get this far, in the tale, of the man, who dredged up old empty liquor bottles, that he admitted to putting there, so many years ago, probably because he was too drunk to get up and move, to throw the bottles away, but I bet he wasn't too drunk to get rid of all the liquor that he drank, and hopefully, he did not get rid of it in the little river, because the two water genasi that live there, would certainly not appreciate the means of liquor removal, that could only be possible from consuming the liquor that was obviously in the bottles, at one time, when they were new, and shiny, not covered in green slime, with muddy slugs living in them.

So this man, we'll call him Crow, because who would ever name their child such a ridiculous name, as to incite ridicule, and pestering, from those that like to pester people about their names, that were given to them, nay, forced on them, by obviously evil and cruel parents, which could in fact make the man evil, due to his parents, and the bloodline they all share, that may even explain the reasons for the man putting the empty, but not really empty, because remember, there are little rocks, and mud, and slugs, in the bottles that were, but are no longer, in the water, near the cave, that sits across the little river, behind the Town Hall of the little village, of little people, who happen to have the biggest hearts, of all the people, who inhabit the island, in the ocean, but again we resort to redundancy, because an island, would have to be in a large body of water, to which this one happened to be an ocean, but we said that before, so the redundancy really should stop here, for the tale is just about over, given that the culprit, was discovered, and admitted to his guilt, and he was guilty, he said so himself, when he admitted to putting the bottles in the water, and because of his guilt, he took a net, and cleaned up the mess of bottles that he stashed in the water, so many years ago.

Thing is, he never did say why he put all those bottles in the water to begin with, but perhaps some day, if one was so inclined to ask him, he might tell why, but that is highly unlikely, because someone would have to read all of this to even know that he did this at all, and since it's not really on any recorded document, there is no proof, unless you take the word of a little webbed feeted water genasi, but she did have the cuts on her feets, to verify her story, that the man ended up admitting to, which can be argued as being proof, or not, depending on which side of the argument you happen to be on, but we are not arguing anything, the hin of the village do not like to hear arguing, it disrupts their pranks, and cuts into their time for eating, and talking, and playing, which are but some of the things they do, unless they are standing around watching some fool human drag bottles from a river, that he put there years ago, because he was too drunk and lazy to throw them away properly, which, as you all know by now, would have avoided the sunny, late summer afternoon of bottle retrieving in the first place, and then this tale would never have even have to be told, or was it told, we may never know, because there really is no proof of its existence.

_________________
Image


 
      
maglorine
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05 2013, 17:24 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2006

As her term nears its end Missus can been seen bustling about and tidying up the office, eliminating dust bunnies and organizing files into some logical order for the eventual arrival of a new Mayor-Elect.

_________________
Tark Hammerfeast - Immovable Object
True Greenspan - Bendir's Boy Wonder


 
      
LeathanKayne
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06 2013, 0:41 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada (EST, GMT -5)

The Dale's newest Hin Fist is seen running back and forth in the Dale frequently, much of the time carrying buckets of milk out of the Dale and returning with packages of cheese and butter. It's also become a common sight to see his parade of three cows being taken from place to place in the Dale, keeping the grass from getting too tall and doing.. other business as well, which Finntram is quick to clean up and take to the garden.

_________________
Lady Vera Talen - Former Ambassador, Knight Captain, and Chancellor of Kohlingen
Delen Tredinnick - Archdruid of the Earthmother
Fosco Oldfur - Father, cook, sneak
Kieler Almstedt - Burdened explorer

And DM Stabby


 
      
maglorine
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 09 2013, 18:38 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2006

Items of a personal nature, and there are many of them strewn about, begin to slowly vanish from the Mayors office as they make their way back into Mayor Missus personal household. A fancy iron mug of dwarven make, a bundle of hairpins, a pencil sketch of Missus with her four husbands and their moustaches, and a hat rack filled with brightly colored specimens are soon the last remaining remnants of her personal effects in the workspace.

_________________
Tark Hammerfeast - Immovable Object
True Greenspan - Bendir's Boy Wonder


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 11 2013, 4:13 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Dian's eye has recovered and most of her soreness faded. She sits by the walls enjoying the moments of peace after the Troll attack.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Tomato Sword
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 12 2013, 7:38 AM 



Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2011

Laurel, with great sadness on her face, arranges yet another funeral rite with the priest of He Who Must Be for the two additional militia lost at the hands of the cultists, so they too may travel to the Green Fields peacefully.


 
      
Madam_Jingles
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13 2013, 19:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere Hot.

Luckii seems to be bouncing around the Dale, a bit happier than usual, and perhaps a little to nice to the new cows that have found their home under Finntram's watch.

_________________
Image
+Estellza Ondenfare


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14 2013, 11:32 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

The two gate guards posted at the north gate, heave the wooden doors open, for Crow. He does not have the usual packs on him, and his armor looks shabby and unkempt, as does the human. He has no shield, but the exquisite blade, with the elven word "Tyrin" engraved on it, remains in its scabbard at his side. He walks out of the gate, and any who might see him heading into the forest, would see a distant look about him. He seems pulled by an unseen force, or lost. His steps are shallow, and his feet scrape the ground as he walks. He disappears into the darkness of the forest.

_________________
Image


 
      
Tomato Sword
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 0:43 AM 



Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2011

After having a small celebration with her daughter, Serena, for her birthday, the poor dear unfortunately has gotten sick with the flu! Laurel is seen less as she tends to Serena's flu in the mean time.

//CTX's laptop broke >: So...


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 5:37 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Later, Tuomas will leave with his gratitude to the Dalesfolk for the hospitality, returning home to Kohlingen.


 
      
666WaysToHell
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 13:25 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Location: Western Australia

Without any warning, a tall War-Knight just suddenly appeared in front of the notice board in the city hall. Her eyes widened as she looked around suddenlt, judging her surroundings. Seeing she is surrounded by Hin, she blinked, and shook her head. She looked at the parchment in her hand, which she screwed up and threw it in a bin.

She apologized to the Clerks and officials for the surprise and left the Dale promptly.

_________________
Aoth Nathandem - Wizard of house Tholaunt and chosen of Ma'at.


 
      
bidocks
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 5:15 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 25 Jul 2011

Over the past two weeks or so, anyone who happened into the Hin Inn and went nearby to the upstairs rooms or actually went upstairs might have noticed some sounds coming from the first room on the left. At first, the sounds might have seemed very random, like a child playing with a lute. Over the following days, the sounds become pleasant, musical even. On subsequent nights, one could hear a woman's voice either humming along or sometimes singing in conjunction with the music of the lute.

Tonight was no different, the sounds emanate from behind the door...

*the sounds of a foot tapping on the floor are accompanied by chord progressions on a lute being repeated in a rythmic manner*

After a few seconds......

*a woman's voice, clear and lovely begins to sing, quietly, but, easily understood, along with the music*

"In the stillness.... in the dark....Take my hand..... and I'll take your heart"

Suddenly the music stops... and the tapping and singing. Then it begins again, slightly better this time, and the singing again as well. This continues for a few hours, with bits and pieces of a song coming together.

After some time, those still listening closely would only hear snoring from behind the door.

_________________
Raina Ferlain, faithful of Solonor
Her personal journal: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78447


 
      
LeathanKayne
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 22:41 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada (EST, GMT -5)

Finntram seems to be taking more time lately to calmly tend to his cows and have a break from some of the other dramas that have occurred. With the incidents of the cultists having not made a reappearance, he keeps to himself for a while, with the exception of any visits from Luckii which he'd be all too happy to accept.
Ever loyal though, he lets others around know that if he's needed and he's not out, he will come to their call.



//Lots of big plots and events happening on another character of mine right now. I'll come on Finn when I can though! If you need Finn for anything (Charm, guardiness, or cheese!) let me know ^_^. My other chars are listed in my sig//

_________________
Lady Vera Talen - Former Ambassador, Knight Captain, and Chancellor of Kohlingen
Delen Tredinnick - Archdruid of the Earthmother
Fosco Oldfur - Father, cook, sneak
Kieler Almstedt - Burdened explorer

And DM Stabby


 
      
maglorine
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 14:54 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2006

Missus appears to be packing her bags and will tell anyone who might ask (and even some that do not) that she is going on "vacation". She stops at the townhall briefly to drop off various things in the community donation box and mail slots before making her way to the gate.

As she reaches the top of the last hill from which the town can be sighted, she looks back with a smile, straightens her hat, and marches into the distance.

_________________
Tark Hammerfeast - Immovable Object
True Greenspan - Bendir's Boy Wonder


 
      
BlueSquirrel
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 26 2013, 8:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Location: Golden Hills

The Harlequin known as Brandy would have attempted to sneak some things in Missus' bags before she departed, as she often lurks around town hall to create a little chaos.

Missus may find a small goblet, and next to it an exquisite bottle of brandy (the alcohol). A small note is attached to the bottle of brandy. It reads:

An adventure is what you have earned, and frankly deserve. May your stories continue to grow, and that you leave the shackles of Mayor behind. Embrace true freedom upon the road, and all the paths it can take you! My heart aches for your gnomish creativity and sense of humour already, but it brings me more joy to know you will be able to lead a life full of laughter, risk and happiness.

I will never forget you or the stories you have brought to this Shire. Shadows hide you well, Missus.

Your Not So Secret Admirer,

Brandy Bramblefoot


If she was to use the cup, she would soon find out that it is in fact an "Angry Cup", and would receive a bite on her lips from the cup! The prank would be a Harlequin classic, and very easy to figure out who it was from.

_________________
"Where there's life there's hope.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit


Gulliver Goldwoods (Acorn) - Keeper of the Lands of Bendir Dale
Brandy Bramblefoot (Harlequin) - General practitioner & summoner of Mischief!


 
      
Tel'void
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 27 2013, 0:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Oct 2011

A familiar pointy hatted kobold, in a bright multicolored attire can be seen as per usual on the Dale road, however unlike his usual cheery and happy charming self, he seems during these occasional treks, alone, and stands by the road for long periods of time, blankly spaced out as he looks at the dirt road, before turning on his way, keeping to himself and the shadows, he takes a few glances around, looking and pondering, before he mutters softly, whisking his hand up, as he tucks himself into a mix of the shadows and magic, disappearing from view, on his way back home.

_________________
"Oi!" - Tel'Void

~Characters~

Noirel 'Whisper' Illith'vir - The Ex-Slave Tiefling
& 'Ghost' of Cordor's Underground

Zork Dreadtooth 'Skullbasher' - Skullbasher Goblin Shaman.

Cyril "Aabezeth" di'Wys'sparil d'Zau'lyl


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 9:17 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Dian can be seen sporting a nice, new dress that Souris gave her!

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 21 2013, 14:21 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

A daily occurrence in Bendir Dale, is Crow checking the militia report box. It is very rare that he does not do this, but it seems that the man has not shown up in a few days. In fact, he has not even been seen in Bendir Dale, nor on any of his regular patrol routes.

_________________
Image


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Thu, Oct 24 2013, 7:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Once again, Crow is seen in, and around, Bendir Dale. He wears a dark green cloth around his neck, for a week or two. If asked about the cloth or his whereabouts, he responds that it's a gift from a friend, that he went to visit. Crow is not unlike his normal self, but there is something missing.

_________________
Image


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sun, Nov 10 2013, 0:42 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Dian has disappeared for a week now, her whereabouts seemingly unknown.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 20 2013, 10:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Crow spends time in the Bendir history books, searching for some bits of information, and writing down what little he does find.

_________________
Image


 
      
MacenMayhem
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:20 AM 



Player

Joined: 21 Nov 2013

A new face in the Dale today. That of a cheery dwarf in Salandrin garb. He happily anounces his presence to everyone around and states that he is moving in! Anyone in need of medical attention can find him here or at the Salandrin Temple.

_________________
Malin Kedmark: Cleric Healer of Salandra

Macen: ~War Knight~


 
      
Ice
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 01 2013, 17:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Location: As usual, right behind you

The coppery kobold is quite the common sight around the Dale. He's always to be seen in a game, or a banter.

//But the player of this character fails to read a one-line sentence and he posts anyway.

_________________
Image

It is said that everybody has heard of the creature, but almost nobody knows a thing about it.
And now keeping an abstract and sometimes too literal journal.


Last edited by Ice on Tue, Dec 03 2013, 14:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Elyon
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 11 2013, 22:58 PM 



DM

Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Location: UK

Rosary can be seen given five full bags from Sanguinius which she carries towards the Dale. After exchanging a few words with Eli, she leaves them with Fendel at the Hinn Inn. Inside the bags contained raw trout, bass and salmon
.

_________________
Rosary Doodlekins - Hin Candy WitchImage


 
      
Pony
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 18 2013, 12:41 PM 



Player

Joined: 07 May 2005

In the morning of the 18th of Nightal, a joint statement of the Hand of the Duke, the Herald of the Duke and House Valis of Kohlingen is released. While those sent to the officials of Barak Runedar, Bendir Dale, Ceyren's Mill, Cormyr, Cordor, Endir's Point, Howness, Kohlingen, Nes'ek, the Oakmist Vale, Ostland, the Shrine, Wharftown, Wiltun, Uhm and the States of the Lord Alliance are bound in a fine leather covering and printed in high quality, the mass production that follows is not.

It is evident that what ever print is releasing them, is overburdened by the quantity and this statement has been rushed due to the threat to the region. At times words are smudged as the ink had not yet fully dried, before the pages were bound together. Others have not been properly bound or the pages were not printed on straight. Stacks upon stacks are handed to well compensated merchants, the cart services and ship captains for distrubtion for all across the region. The focus of distrubtion appear to be the settlements of Amia, and most prominently, Cordor.


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 5:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

Shade Illith'vir can be found this night, past out on the bench outside the inn, his knees and chest slightly muddy, as though he'd dragged himself there. He shows no wounds or injury. If anyone attempted to wake him, he'd shoo them away a few times, but would eventually give in and drag himself into the inn to a bed using the wall as a heavy support the whole way there.

//Edit- Spelling mistake.

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
Manarethan
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 25 2013, 11:52 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Feb 2008

An elven woman with blonde hair and blank green eyes visits the Dale, carrying with her two bags. She proceeds into the Town Hall and unloads 50 kilograms (ten large sacks) of cabbages, and another 50 kilograms of carrots, from what must presumably be Bags of Holding. The produce is left in the care of General Nof to be distributed to the residents by the Bendir Dale Council or the Mayor. All of the produce appears to have been washed and made ready for immediate cooking.

She returns each morning, carrying with her an equal amount of fresh produce each time. If approached, she is friendly and polite but doesn't linger overly long, and if asked, she introduces herself as Nel'hariel, or simply Nel.


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 12 2014, 13:27 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Kin can be seen in the orchard more often these days. She spends her time picking the few fruit that haven't completely rotten away and turning it in to cider.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
maglorine
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 26 2014, 7:36 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2006

A hin cleric of Urogalan who identifies himself as "Boaz", appears to be spending time around the village cemetery of late. Though his cloak and boots are notably and liberally festooned with road dust he indicates to any who ask that he plans to stay a while. His aim, intoned gravely in the direst solemnity to any locals who encounter him, is "to ensure your souls arrive at the Green Fields in proper repair".

_________________
Tark Hammerfeast - Immovable Object
True Greenspan - Bendir's Boy Wonder


 
      
Breazy Goldenleaf
 
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 09 2014, 17:56 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: USA

Everyday Breazy's camp can be seen outside the Dale near the carts. Large pots of stew, or soup are offered to all that pass, though she's been known to insist that the hin passing by eat or take some with them. She welcome everyone warmly. She talks of community, and kinship stressing the importance of sticking together through tough times, even if we don't always agree with each other.

_________________
"I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"
"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule."


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:08 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

In the early hours of the foggy winter morning, Theadric Shortwick can be seen above the door way of his hollow. He's alone, holding a wooden kukri. Wearing only three quarter length down his legs white cotton shorts and a white sash is tied around his head keeping his hair from his eyes. The trails of the sash tied at the back hand down past his shoulders.

Before him is a simple wooden stake just a foot taller than him, you can assume it's dug deep as it doesn't seem to move. He has a strong stance holding the wooden kukri in his right hand with the pommel at his thumb, and the "blade" down by his pinky finger. The stake his hemp rope tied around it in three places; one at knee height, another at chest height, then another at head height. He'd move around the steak at high speed, staying in close quarters at all times. Barely moving more than a foot or so away. Striking at the ropes with pin point precision repeatedly. Relentless. He takes only a second between each strike, on the dot. Each blow landing somewhere new, knee, chest or head. Each hit would be met with silence. Regardless of how close someone got. The post wouldn't move in the slightest, and you can see by the determined look across his face that he was putting a lot of effort into his strikes.

A keen eye might see that he'd stop himself from striking the post less than an inch away. Needless to say that the speed at which he moves the blade toward the target, it would take someone with a lot of training with the particular instrument to get it that close, at that speed and withdraw it back in one fluent motion. It would be fair to say it would take a master. As with each swing his blade becomes a blur. His foot work is something remarkable, speed matched with precision.

Though any would note there was nothing fancy about his movements. He would add no spins. No skips. Simple quick steps and stance swaps. He would never strike in the same place twice, and never would he strike from the same angle nor stance. His combat style seemed to vary so much he'd become almost unpredictable in his swings.

After rising earlier than most this quiet morning, he'd retreat back into his hollow at around the time everyone would be rising. The post would remain, the ground around it trampled. Having been out there a good four hours to say the least, doing this one practice with no break but small drinks. By the end, he was one sweaty halfling, and clearly quite cold.

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
Breazy Goldenleaf
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2014, 2:08 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: USA

When Breazy checks the board and reports to see if anything new had come up she frowns clearly unhappy with something. She then looks around looking for something and not finding it seems rather upset.

_________________
"I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"
"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule."


 
      
maglorine
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 0:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2006

*Boaz can be seen about the Dale in recent weeks encouraging the population to follow their faith and patron more dutifully. Brandobaris followers are implored to explore new, inventive, daring, and adventurous paths. Yondalla's followers are encouraged to both protect and nurture the collective citizenry, while Arvoreen's faithful are expected to drill and patrol with their patrons own fervor. He sees not a monochromatic hin population as his charges, but a complex quilt of various abilities and habits to quench the thirst of the souls he is guiding to the Green Fields.*

_________________
Tark Hammerfeast - Immovable Object
True Greenspan - Bendir's Boy Wonder


 
      
Breazy Goldenleaf
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 22:23 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: USA

Breazy can be seen talking to visitors and citizen alike. Trying to draw citizens into various project to improve the Dale, and finding visitors with skill and knowledge.

While the sun is high, she is seen vanishing into the woods with little more then there is something personal she has to do.

Every evening as the sun begins to set she is seen humbling praying before the idol of Yondalla, her voice beseeching as she begs the great goddess to help the land her children love.

_________________
"I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"
"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule."


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 8:40 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

In the graveyard, waaaaay up on the hill, is a small, simple campsite. Crow can be seen coming and going from there, for a few days. Whilst there, in the day, he can be seen carefully going over the general graveyard area, looking for something, or tracking something. At night, the ranger sits up in the darkness, waiting, listening, looking for movement, low to the ground.


EDIT:

Apparently, it was only for the one night, as something sought, was found.

_________________
Image


 
      
deathlessgrasp
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 5:02 AM 



Player

Joined: 20 Feb 2014

*a vividly done drawing of a father and daughter can be seen tacked to a tree in central Bendir Dale*


 
      
Breazy Goldenleaf
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 19:01 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: USA

deathlessgrasp wrote:
*a vividly done drawing of a father and daughter can be seen tacked to a tree in central Bendir Dale*


The drawing is removed and given to the militia to confirm that this this the taller that is trying to kidnap hin lasses. Upon confirmation from Theadric that this appears to be the same person Breazy has an artist render a few copies and hands each guard a copy.

Breazy says to Theadric, the gaurds and militia, "Give him one warning shot. Then do whatever you need to to keep him away from hin lasses. I'll see if I can get a name to put him on the ban list."

She tucks one copy in one of her many pouches.

// can we get a better description of this. What race is the people in the drawing? What do they look like? Since you used the word vivid a much more complete picture of the drawing would be very helpful.

_________________
"I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"
"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule."


 
      
deathlessgrasp
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 19 2014, 21:29 PM 



Player

Joined: 20 Feb 2014

*the picture is that of a human male, roughly 5'8, brown hair and eyes, short cropped hair, wearing a black frock coat with his young human daughter in a white dress*


 
      
555444333
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 0:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Location: Czechia

Old Man Wisteepockey has taken to staying at home. Fortunately his step-daughter Corel has come to Amia to visit her father and cook him his dinners, keep him company and do a bit of adventuring on the side!

_________________
ImageJys'zyne Do'larn


Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?


 
      
deathlessgrasp
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 20 2014, 22:22 PM 



Player

Joined: 20 Feb 2014

*a very small doll resembling a gnome with roughly twenty needles stuck in it's body has been left at the entrance to Dalelands*


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 21 2014, 3:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

*Theadric would be seen picking up the doll with a frown and walking back to Bendir to show to Breazy and Gulliver.*

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
deathlessgrasp
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:17 AM 



Player

Joined: 20 Feb 2014

*an effigy of a burning cross can be found directly outside the Dalelands near the stonework*


 
      
Bravo21
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: In the land of liquid sunshine and coffee

Stumbling away from the Dale, a hin with bulging muscles, silver and black armor, and distinctive hawk helm stops short at the fire. Something unintelligible is slurred and a sausage is produced. After a few moments of cooking the hin stomps out the flames and stumbles on, chomping on his late night snack.

_________________
Thine taste in horrid footwear not withstanding, I did not say that thou were in fact an idiot, I merely implied that such things were self evident.

-Krrja


 
      
sYuzan
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 5:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 May 2007
Location: location, location!!

A little before sunrise, after a day and evening of drinking and socializing in Bendir Dale, then being out for the night, Jack Lightfellow returns home. And he looks like hell!

His clothing is torn with various kinds of cuts, dirtied by mud, dirt and blood, both red, purple and green in amounts so copious it might as well be bled from a hundred men, smeared like he'd been wet afterwards. The feather of his hat is broken, his face showing some bruises and cuts. His nose and ears have red trails of dried blood below them, indicating some heavy bleeding from said areas. His make-up a complete water-soaked mess. His step seems even more unstable than before, his speech slurring a little as he returns.

The militia-men and locals asking if the halfling looking-like-death would be met with a jovial if extremely tired grin and confirming nods, saying he would be fine once he sleeps an hour or two, or a day. After said words Lucky Jack would head to his room in the inn, close the door and fall into bed, clothed and dirty, asleep before he even hits the matress.

Had anyone actually asked what happened to him, the answer would be brief and confusing;

"Sea-turtles, mate."

_________________
In-Game: guano

Ramika wrote:
Of the things I know about Guano, half I shouldn't post.


Ice wrote:
Killer of threads! Bane of continuity. Herald of hiatus. All those things and sometimes even paladins.


 
      
dayfer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 0:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Location: England

Shortly after the festivities died down an evidently angry Pilineth storms through the main gate shouting 'Goodnight' to the two following her and stomps her way into the inn. Making her way into her room she slams the door behind herself and falls on the bed.

And then she wept.


 
      
Breazy Goldenleaf
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 3:58 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Location: USA

555444333 wrote:
A new halfling would be seen strutting about town. His unnaturally light hair and markless skin differentiating him from most. Not to mention his subtly hound-like jaw bone. He walks with a tall stature being of about average height and large in build. Bearing the hall marks of a Paladin of Arvoreen.

// Decided to try my hand at a new class and a subrace I've never played or had much interaction with to gain some perspective and to try something new from my dex-based monks and rogues. Anything I say that seems weird or stupid or just plain wrong please inform me in tell so I can correct it. I've read some on Aasimar and Hound Archons (his line) so I'm hoping to have fun with him! I will still use Rosie for most of the town RP and she's still my main, Dalur is just a side-character I hope to develop to another consistently playable character!

_________________
"I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"
"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule."


 
      
CounterPhobia
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 4:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 03 Apr 2011

Breazy Goldenleaf wrote:
555444333 wrote:
A new halfling would be seen strutting about town. His unnaturally light hair and markless skin differentiating him from most. Not to mention his subtly hound-like jaw bone. He walks with a tall stature being of about average height and large in build. Bearing the hall marks of a Paladin of Arvoreen.

// Decided to try my hand at a new class and a subrace I've never played or had much interaction with to gain some perspective and to try something new from my dex-based monks and rogues. Anything I say that seems weird or stupid or just plain wrong please inform me in tell so I can correct it. I've read some on Aasimar and Hound Archons (his line) so I'm hoping to have fun with him! I will still use Rosie for most of the town RP and she's still my main, Dalur is just a side-character I hope to develop to another consistently playable character!



// Sorry that was me! not 555. I didn't notice this thread before but..

*The light hair halfling would be ushered into the town hall by Acorn alongside an apparent half-dragon gold in color as well as a young halfling bard lass who may appear vaguely familiar to some

_________________
Rosie Adenney - The Smiling Red Hin
Dalur Illien - Hound of Justice
Tria Under - Blunt as Stone


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 6:03 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Indeed, a massive draconic beast could have been seen entering the town hall alongside the small group of hin. Her scales glistened brilliant gold, her eyes like pupil-less orbs of molten gold, and yet perhaps oddly she didn't appear to look anything like the metallic gold dragons that appear in story or history books. An almost unearthly light seemed to surround this strange creature as she followed her hosts into the building.

Some time later, the winged and taloned creature was seen leaving again.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Pebbles Oldfur - Bendir Dale's Minister of Hearth (And Boozemeister)
-------------------


 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

*General Nof would be on his usual position in the town hall a few hours later then usual nursing a huge hangover and squinting at bright lights and groaning at loud noises.

If asked about the reasons of his hangover he'd grumble about a doornob challenging him to a drinking contest.*

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group