View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14 2013, 20:55 PM 

Player

The order on Vincent is lifted by virtue of his being detained and questioned.

Mayor Missus
*wagon wheel stamp*

Zedrik

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 15 2013, 1:56 AM 

Player

Name: Rorimac Beestinger
Race: Lightfoot/Ghostwise
Faith: Cyrrollalee
Length of Residence: Couple Years
Name of Candidate: Serena Voi

Scimiter

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 15 2013, 4:41 AM 

Player

Name: Finng Meras
Race: Halfling
Faith: Avoreen
Length of Residence: 4+ months
Name of the Candidate: Serena Voi

Daniel Makie
Celub Elubmiire
Tristan
Len'ionel

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16 2013, 4:11 AM 

Player

[For Militia and Official eyes only]

I was met by two people today from Wiltun who came to speak to me in regards to the cultists issue.
They informed me that it would appear Bartley has indeed turned in the artifact he stole to the cult and may be continuing to work with them. The cult also has it's next target - Caraigh.
Caraigh is already experiencing intensely difficult issues with undeath, and this will only worsen an already deadly problem for them.
After this meeting, I took the initiative to see the First Knight of the Silver Dragons of Kohlingen. I informed him of everything we've collected in regards to this cultist and troll issue, as if what the sources from Wiltun say is true, this next artifact is the last one, and the revival of this lich could mean massively bad issues for all of us.
It is unlikely we will get involved in the Caraigh matter (I suspect) as we need to stay at the Dale to protect it from any remaining influence. Hopefully Kohlingen and other forces they rally will be able to help Caraigh put this issue to rest.
We can only hope.

Private Finntram Springhand

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16 2013, 19:05 PM 

Player

Pamphlets and Maps start to appear around Bendirs's outskirts to the South.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 2:55 AM 

Player

A bloody day ended for the Dale, after a surprise attack by cultist forces resulted in two casualties and two more barely escaping with their lives. Officer Skit is among those "wounded", her condition stable for now, but looking quite a bit worse for the wear. Though the attack resulted in far greater casualties on the cult's side, they seemed more than willing to accept them, in order to send a message to Bendir Dale and their adventurer allies. A message written in blood.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 3:32 AM 

Player

[For Militia and Official Eyes Only]

Today's attack was what I thought it was from the beginning. Pure spite.
The cultists assaulted us today in revenge for our involvement against them. They left a bloody note for us saying it was a "lesson", and that more would come if we continued. The letter was signed "L.V."

If they think we're done hammering them into the ground, they're sadly mistaken, but we may have a better way of handling this situation.
After the frontal assault on our gates that left two dead, we found another militia and officer Skit were missing. After some divining, we found they were up high in the crags.
We found officer skit and the militia in the old gnome place, but they seemed to have a much heavier bulk of a force at the temple at the peak. The peak of the crags may be their true hideout, we can't be completely sure at this point.

Officer Skit and our other militia were able to be healed, though they will be recovering for a while. They had been given the same treatment as the other unwilling trolls and cultists have. It may be our timely intervention that saved them, but maybe it's possible to reverse the effect on other cultists as well. If so, we might be able to find a way to yank this army right out from beneath them.

Either way, we need time to rest, and hopefully our allies can give them the beating we can't at the moment.

Private Finntram Springhand

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 3:36 AM 

Player

Laurel, with heavy heart, arranges for the funeral of the deceased to pass to the Green Fields for the third time.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:52 AM 

Player

Dian submits a report into the Dale for Militia and Official eyes.

During Skit's and the Militiaman's transformation, I noted three symptoms:

1. Increased heartbeat.
2. Evil Aura that slowly grows.
3. Spasming upon restoration spells.

I will collaborate with Tuomas and Kira with these findings.

-Dian.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Souris

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19 2013, 10:24 AM 

Player

Name: Souris
Race: Lightfoot
Faith: Brandobaris
Length of Residence: Some months

Active Characters:
Souris, Former Bendir Dale Councillor, now alleged assassin and general hobo
Haren Mariq, Witch of the Southwestern Wind, and High Poultrymancer
Elaneth Merwick, Elfling Arcane Archer

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 14:12 PM 

Player

Dear Citizens,
As my term as your Mayor comes to a close, thoughts of the past and the future weigh heavily on the mind. Is the Dale in a better place today than when I assumed my duties? Were the decisions I made just, wise, and thoughtful? Did I apply properly the customs, traditions, and legacy of my predecessors in guiding the Dale? I do not know the answers to these questions. Only the collective wisdom of the citizens can properly, and over time, consider and evaluate such a proposition.

In such light, I have determined to repeat an act of one of my predecessors in an effort to begin a new tradition. Again, the citizens and civil officials of the future will determine whether this becomes long lasting tradition as a beneficial part of the fabric of Bendir Dale life.

As a community of kind, generous, and dutiful individuals, we have collectively gathered our share of friends who originally hailed from other parts of the island but to be honest, spend most of their waking hours here. We also collected our share of miscreants, but that is a discussion for another day and time. For now, let us speak of friends. Many a day I have been approached by friends, both new and old, inquiring about how to become a citizen. These friends of course were of the tall folk variety as our customs for admitting citizens of the small folk variety are quite well known. Tradition on this matter is limited and I must honestly say I have been unable to relate a sound and convincing explanation of it to the inquisitor, knowing as they do that we have a tall folk citizen, but only a single solitary instance. It is my view that the solitary instance is a boon for both that individual and the Dale as a whole.

Mayors, by established precedent, are able to grant “honorary citizenship” to extraordinary and unique individuals of the taller persuasion, who have worked tirelessly to the Dale’s benefit. However, the Dale is, and should always remain, a Hin, Gnome, Fey, and Dwarven township, with the essential elements of the culture hewn from those races. We must keep it so.

Proposed
Mayors shall be limited to naming a single individual as an “Honorary Citizen” during their term in office. At the same time, Mayor’s are encouraged to utilize this administrative power to strengthen our township by allowing extraordinary and dedicated friends of Bendir Dale to make their service to our community from the position of “citizen” rather than “guest”.

By collective acceptance of this proposal going forward, we have a strictly limited but well defined “path to citizenship”, for individuals who are smallfolk on the inside but tallfolk on the outside. The path is narrow, lonely, and long. Only those with endurance, dedication, and integrity can ever hope to make it to the end. By providing a defined path, we encourage those who are friends to strive ever more so to aid us in the chaotic times which undoubtedly lie ahead. By strictly limiting it to one individual per Mayoral Term we are ensuring the cultures and traditions of Bendir Dale remain unchanged.

With that in mind and with my term near its end I shall do my part to solidify this into tradition by naming an “Honorary Citizen”. Though I’m certain to disappoint some, they should know that I treasure their friendship and hope they too can someday successfully walk the path defined. This individual has been a friend of the Dale since before my arrival on this island many years ago. His presence is well known, and he’s aided the militia on countless occasions over the years in times of danger. A true stalwart who calls Bendir Dale his home away from home. His lack of a dashing moustache is the only blemish on his record. I ask you all to welcome
Beldor Ma’fer as an “Honorary Citizen” of Bendir Dale.

Dutifully,
Mayor Missus
*wagon wheel shaped wax seal scented with rose petals*

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 17:52 PM 

Player

It is left unsigned.

I do not see how you thought this was acceptable. Not only did you decide to institute something on the very last day of your Mayorship, Crow's citizenship to the Dale was an extremely controversial issue. Despite the controversy, however, Crow was an active defender of the Dale time and time again.

Beldor Ma'fer, while significant to Nina and her family, is a stranger to most of us. A complete alien being and a drow, who if you paid any attention to your people, have very dark past with.

I object to this kind of tyranny. The fact you did not consult us and declared someone a citizen is not a proposal. It is an order. Order of this magnitude, without the consent of your people or the Elder's is appalling. There were much better candidate for this, even if you were to choose a honorary citizen, that are both beloved and known by the citizen. Not simply by you and what you think is a friend.

I am extremely disappointed this is how you decided to end the term of the office.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 18:35 PM 

Tester

To the discontented,

I would ask you to search your the town halls records to see just how much of a history I have with my home away from home, both in friendship of its people and in defense of its lands. I do no see how I might be counted as a "stranger," when I have spent most of my afternoons there for some years now. All the same, I am sorry you count me as an "alien," but I do not think you have any grounds to speak for the entire populace of the Dale. But moreover, I'm sorry I've not had the chance to meet you, to have you harbor such uncertain feelings towards me. If you, or any citizen of the Dale should like to speak with me, to know me better, and to know just how much I care for the Dale and its folk, I shall be about today, and the next day, and the day thereafter.

To everyone else,

I thank you. I adore you. And most importantly, I am humbled to be counted among you. The Dale has been there for me in times that I had little else. It is for that reason I have no problem shooing off wereboar, and necromancers, and rowdy shapeshifters on its behalf, as I have in recent months, and years before that, those green-and-black dead-heads in the crags. Though smallish in stature, I have always found the Dale folk to have the biggest hearts on the isle. I shall prove your trust and acceptance well-founded, on my word, and my conscience. Once again, I thank you, and may the Nurturing Mother watch over her children now and forever more.

Sincerely and with Warmest Regards,

~B~E~L~D~O~R~ ~M~A'~F~E~R~

CTX

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 18:43 PM 

Player

A reply is also left unsigned, not because the person wanted to remain anonymous but because she simply forgot in her upset and sick state. Regardless, the handwriting would be easily recognized.

This is both unprecedented and unacceptable.

I agree with the previous anonymous poster completely. I was not informed of this or asked of my opinion. And the fact that you're never, or at the very least hardly ever, present forces me to believe our thoughts would be irrelevant, regardless.

I don't care if he knows Lyle. I don't care if he helped shape the town or saved it from who-the-hell-knows what a long time ago. I don't know him. And no amount of ranting or blabbering from him or others is gonna make up for it. He's still a stranger. And his arrogant and hostile behavior I witness often, coupled with the rare visits other than stopping to "post a sign," do not help him.

I, too, decline a Dirt Elf into our town. My home.

Serena Voi: An adorable little Halfling.
Brizthara D'ulov: A spoiled, loud-mouthed priestess.

Liz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 19:03 PM 

Player

Another scowling hin stalks away from the notice board; having written no posting of her own, she simply signs her name (in obviously different handwriting) onto Serena's "anonymous" post above:

Daisy Goodluck

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 19:47 PM 

Player

*after reading the transcripts of the debate, and hearing some comments, Crow weighs his decision carefully, and turns his vote in*

Name: Crow
Race: human
Faith: Mielikki
Length of Residence: several years

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 20:06 PM 

Player

Quote:
Name: Draidoc!
Race: Strongheart!
Faith: Arvoreen!
Length of Residence: A tenday or so!
Name of the Candidate: Dian Sourfold!

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21 2013, 20:46 PM 

Player

Though I'm sure this individual has a more distinct history than I'm aware of since my time in the Dale, the only thing I've witnessed from him is that he occasionally stands outside the Dale wearing a creepy mask and purchasing Mythals. While I've been okay to trade a bit, I'm not sure if this is enough to prove to the community on large that it is something we're comfortable with.

I truly believe this is something that should be voted for. Even if this individual has been well respected and welcomed in the past, the community is a living thing with changing opinions and feelings. As ages and time pass, many may not know the deeds someone has done, or be willing to accept someone else's word on it.

While we typically carry great respect for our mayors and the responsibility on their shoulders, I would remind that their power comes from the people. The mayor can't order us to war if we don't wish it, or tell us we can't practice our faith if we're not endangering others (a statement I word carefully considering Brandy, ha).

If the people are against this, I don't see it being kept in place. If however enough people speak up in acceptance of this, I'm willing to accept it as I trust in the community.

Remember: The mayor is the voice of the community, not what they want the community to be.

Private Finntram Springhand of the Hin Fist

BlueSquirrel

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 6:36 AM 

Player

A simple letter is posted, with the iconic religious dagger of Brandobaris to hold the letter up.

Three simple problems:
1. Taller (long legs, long shanks, too-tall, giant, etc) - therefore, he is farther from the ground which mean's he's not as down to earth as the rest of us. Also means he catches a lot of air in his head.
2. Lack of knowledge of our customs - this one refuses to haggle with his prices for his mythals. Only people of reason (or unreason) haggle in a trade. What's worst - a person of reason, a person of unreason, or someone too stubborn to be neither?
3. His "resume" (as posted) wreaks of wanting to be another militia member. Does anyone else remember the story of Izzy, the Drow Necromancess, that joined the Bendir Dale Militia as a taller, and ended up going on a wild murder spree and killing many others and desecrating many graves? Well if you don't, I just summed the story up for you.

Two simple solutions:
1. The next Mayor strip this idea down, remove (all?) honorary citizenships, and start fresh as spring's morning dew.

Or

2. Let this individual complete a series of tasks:
-Donate every coin he made trading Mythals on the Dale's lands to the town hall in support of the Shire.
-Donate at least 10% of that to the Church of Misadventure (Brandobaris') for counting that as "stealing" for not offering a good haggle
-Complete a series of tasks to show his positive intentions. Actions speak louder then words. From chair fighting, to games of riddles, to even milking cows and many other things.
-Tithe 10 great stories to the Scamplings of Brandobaris
-Plant or help grow 100 plants/flowers for the Green Children of Sheela Peryroyl
-Serve as a "messenger boy" for 30 days in the militia for the Defenders of Arvoreen
-Wash the feet and give a foot massage to all the Earthlings of Urogalan
- Serve the community for one week in all aspects of life (prepare food, guard duty, attend weddings, etc) with the Wardens of Yondalla
-And additionally meet the demands of any whom follow Garl Glittergold and his merry gang, the hard working Moradin and his traditional gang, or the lovely Titania and her fairy friends.

Of course, i'm willing to haggle the terms.

-Brandy Bramblefoot, Harlequin

Gulliver Goldwoods (Acorn) - Keeper of the Lands of Bendir Dale
Brandy Bramblefoot (Harlequin) - General practitioner & summoner of Mischief!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 6:55 AM 

Tester

*A simple addendum is added to Brandy's note*

A few things should be noted.

1. I buy mythals. I do not sell them. I make no money on the Dale's lands.
2. I already donate regularly to the Dale's fund and have done so for some time now.
3. When the lass states that I "would not haggle," the truth is I would pay a single gold more or less than my posted rates, because she "didn't like even numbers." I instead offered to pay her that extra gold piece for a smile, and yet she refused. I found it to be a good jest, not "stubbornness."
4. I've completed many tasks that show "my positive intentions" over the years I've been here. I encourage misses Brandy along with the others to actually talk to me, rather than speculate.

If you do not know me, then I cannot fault your suspicion. But at least allow me the courtesy of hearing my words from my own mouth.

~B~E~L~D~O~R~

emzor

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 7:25 AM 

Player

Quote:
Name: Libba
Race: Lightfoot Hin
Faith: Brandobaris
Length of Residence: 7+ Years. Give or take a few years of banishment.
Name of Candidate: Serena Voi.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 8:48 AM 

Player

The fact that you seem to take Brandy's post seriously speaks to an unfamiliarity of the community.

Oh, the irony.

6th Not-sergeant Finnii Springsomething of the Grin Fist

*The signature seems legitimate, considering the post seems to be a joke.*

emzor

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 9:35 AM 

Player

*A note is added*
Quote:
Fellow Citizens

Many citizens were critical of Crow being accepted as a citizen. The common hinfolk held a view that it was through brown-nosing that he received his citizenship. No Taller is forced to help Bendir Dale but many many have over the years. They do so by their choice alone. So they should not expect rewards or benefits such as citizenship.

There wasn't such anger directed at Crow though. Bel didn't ask for the citizenship.

I'm no Drow lover. Most of you would know that I've murdered plenty just outside our gates. Some of these Drow now carry insignias. It takes a long time for a Drow to earn my trust. Much longer than most of em took to get them insignias.

Across nearly 8 years I've never seen Bel display any sort of evil. He has assisted our town many times without lookin for a reward like most others. Plenty of residents have also made a fair bit of coin from offloading mythals and trinkets to him.

The outgoing Mayor should be held responsible for this decision if ya don't agree with it. But there ain't much honor in tryin to discredit Bel's name.

- Libba

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22 2013, 12:00 PM 

Player

Thank you as always for your frank and trenchant replies. A few comments.

1) The incoming Mayor does indeed possess the power to reverse any decision made by a prior Mayor. These things aren't like mortar, hardening over time. Any power to make is joined to the power to unmake. If the incoming Mayor does reverse my decision, so be it.

2) You live in a representative democracy. There's a reason populations elect leaders and give them decision making power. If decisions all had to run through referendums, polls, and surveys, no one would get any work done. You can't put 10 people in a room and have them agree on what color the walls are painted. Argue if you'd like that decisions like this are too important to leave to an elected official. Most civil authorities here and elsewhere, smallfolk or not, would disagree and I would argue the point vigorously.

3) For those of you opposed, the timing is actually beneficial so look on the bright side. If it were announced a year ago the effort to reverse it would be greater as you would have to appeal to the person who made the decision and convince them to reverse themselves or go through a process of recalling them from office.

4) Regardless of the eventual outcome on this specific case, I believe future Mayors should follow my lead and honor a single individual sometime during their terms, if one is deemed worthy, as an inclusive gesture to our friends, allies, and families.

Warmest,
Mayor Missus
*the wagon wheel shaped seal is affixed but this time it appears to be spinning*

ChrisP

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 2:29 AM 

Player

Name: Wilimac Merrymar
Race: Lightfoot Hin
Faith: The Lady Who Smiles, Tymora
Length of Residence: 9 Months, but frequent wanderings.
Name of the Nominee: Serena Voi

Ginafae Dalael - Dancer, dreamer, and cleric of Eilistraee
Maura Connolly - Nurturing druid
Wilimac Merrymar - Daring (reckless?) hin rogue

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 4:02 AM 

Player

The election is now closed. The box, the forms, and the like are no longer available in the Town Hall.

//For further election related coverage, please refer to this thread.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23 2013, 4:03 AM 

Player

Posted in the Town Hall

Dear Citizens of Our Beloved Dale,

The voting period has now ended! Thank you everyone for taking the time to let your voice be heard. I would like to especially thank Cindle for her tireless efforts in keeping track of all things related to the Dale. I realize things have not been easy for us here in the Dale with the constant attacks from visitors, cultists, and those who supposedly have our best interest in mind. Nonetheless, a breath of new life is always a joyous occasion worthy of recognition and celebration!

Once Cindle has counted all of the votes, we will be announcing the ninth Mayor of our beloved Dale! We will be holding a reception at a latter date open to all to come and celebrate the new Mayor-Elect! Wally, Fendel, and I will be providing you all with food and drinks! Please stay tuned for the exact day of this reception!

With Hearthkeeper's Blessing,
Laurel Beestinger

//The announcement for Mayor will be done here on the forums and the reception will be a separate IG event. That way, people who may not be able to come can still chime in/see what happened via forum. I know there were quite a few people who wanted to come to the Debate but couldn't come, so I hope this is a good compromise.

BUT! There obviously should and will be an IG event too. We'll see what date/time works best for everyone and hold an event separate from the announcement itself. Feel free to vote for the time/date of your choice!

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 5:59 AM 

Player

Posted in the Town Hall.

Dear Citizens of Our Beloved Dale,

The election results are in! Let us all take a moment to thank Cindle for her tireless efforts on counting all the votes by hand! I will take this moment to reflect on the history of the Dale and our tradition of mayorship. There have been eight Mayors of our Dale in the past, all of which changed the Dale in many ways to what it is now, for better or for worse.

The Dale started as a little fort which then turned into a prosperous community thanks in large part to the efforts of our very first Mayor, Randy, and the founder's council. He was succeeded by Drem, the dragonkin. He was then succeeded by Budly, who will foever be remembered in shame as he sold the Dale to the devils. He was succeeded by Nof, who campaigned on the focus of hin values and has been the longest running Mayor of the Dale to date, continuing to protect us as the renowned General of the Militia. He was succeeded by Johanna, who ran on a campaign focused on taking responsibility for the Dale that we live in. She was succeeded by Lyle, the mayor who soared the skies under the moonlight. He was succeeded by myself, Laurel, who campaigned on the teachings of the Hearthkeeper of friendship and trust. She was succeeded by Missus, the first gnome to become the Mayor of the Dale and the first to become the Mayor as a Deputy Mayor, in the wake of the daemon attack that killed many of us, including myself.

Now, Serena, the hin with the most beautiful set of blue eys, will succeed as the ninth Mayor of our beloved Dale elected by our citizens. Congratulations, Mayor Serena, and may the Mother and Her Children watch over your term as you lead us to the dawn of a new era! Let us take this moment to applaud Dian, for her large support and trust she earned here in the Dale despite the short time she has been back with us. Let us also thank Missus for her service up until today as the eighth Mayor of our beloved Dale.

Please stay tuned for the time and date of the reception! I hope to see all of you there!

Laurel Beestinger

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 6:00 AM 

Player

The announcement of the Mayor can be found here.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 17:37 PM 

Player

:!: Name: Dian Sourfold.

:!: Skills: Medical assistance, defensive combat and strategies.

:!: Faith: Yondalla.

:!: Section of Unit: Warriors and/or Medics.

:!: Reasons for Joining: As a Knight of the nurturing monarch, I wish to ensure the protection of our town and kin. I've also aided Militia against the Cultist attacks this month.

:!: Availability: Always.

when met"

CTX

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24 2013, 21:52 PM 

Player

Posted with great glee, short and simple...

I am happy and honored to be the next mayor of Bendir Dale. I'd like to thank Kira and you, Laurel, for your support and guidance. Most importantly, thank you all for your trust and opportunity in this role. There are many things I have planned for the future that will, no doubt, aid and help grow our home.

I will do my very best. That, I promise you.

Warm Winds and much gratitude,
-Serena Voi

// An apology to those who planned or wished to interact with the blond halfling during the election (not to mention my long absence) and couldn't due to my PC breaking down. Thankfully, it's back online.

CTX

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 0:56 AM 

Player

The following is posted for all to see in the Town Hall. A copy of it, narrowed down and properly adjusted for the intending party, is sent to the Eilistraeen Shrine to be delivered (in Private Message) to one of its leaders.

The handwriting is neat and formal with only one visible mistake, which she left. Either as a joke or failure to edit, it was only known to her.

Dear Citizens,

I once again thank you all for the opportunity to lead our village and people. As my first "movements" or announcements for the Republic of Voi Bendir Dale, I'd like to repair an issue that I found to be both unacceptable and upsetting.
Missus' Proposal for the drow known as Beldor to become a citizen was not something that should have been implemented without our consent. It is irresponsible and selfish. We do not neglect our people's views and grant individuals "perks" or privileges simply because they are "friends" or, as humans says, "I'm the boss. It goes. Screw you."

We will NOT follow traditions and examples such as these.

I am reversing this "proposal" immediately.

Furthermore, while on the subject, it also brings the issue of the other drow that, supposedly, were allowed to enter our home simply because so-and-so said so. While Missus may have granted such privileges rather freely, I, on the other hand, will be reviewing every single individual that has been granted an insignia. With the two familiar Eilistraeen Priestesses long since departed from the island, that leaves people who are complete strangers to most of us--strangers we were told represented Eilistraee's followers simply because "that's how it was."

To the drow with insignias, I ask that you please return such items to me
as soon as possible or to the following people if I'm not available:

Laurel Beestinger
    Kirby/Kira Cottonfoot
    Dian Sourfold
    Finntram Springhand
    Merin Merbrook

Screenings and assigning of insignias will be redone for every name on our list in the future.

I will keep you folks posted.

Warm Winds,
Serena Alicia Voi

-------------------------------------------------

Attached list of names.

Jud'Vardas Kenlyl
    Madison Kenlyl
    Ches'el T'sarran
    Phyr'tana
    Na'yann
    Aly'dra
    Kalimor Wetter
    Jocelyn Kenlyl
    Jacklyn Kenlyl
    Silia Kenlyl
    Taliira Kenlyl
    Beldor Ma'fer
    Rhyl
    Xunoj
    El'lantris Do'Faust
    Malintra Zau'ndar
    Yudann Am'Anodel
    Triel'ithra Zau'ana
    Maral d'Vharc Zau'ana
    Liress Rowa
    Vaela
    Nil'lyn Zau'ana
    Riia Rilyn'Virr

Last edited by CTX on Fri, Oct 25 2013, 18:51 PM, edited 8 times in total.
Typos and redundancies; Addition of List; Misc Updates

P Three

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 1:45 AM 

DM

A heartbroken-looking Drowess can be seen handing her insignia over to her ex-husband, fighting back tears. Old and well-worn, it's kept on a length of midnight-blue ribbon.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 7:34 AM 

Player

From one tyrant to the next! Remarked Draidoc quite disappointingly.

Well, there goes any chance of getting help if we're attacked. Oh well.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 11:05 AM 

Player

Posted in the Town Hall.

Dear Citizens of the Beloved Dale,

We will be holding our reception to celebrate our new Mayor of Bendir Dale four cycles from now! Please bring your fuzzy feet and empty stomach to join us for our celebration!

Laurel Beestinger

//Based on the poll results, the reception event will be held IG at

Sunday, 9/29/2013 @ 12 PM EST. See you all there!

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 11:18 AM 

Player

All of these notes and such are taken down.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 11:20 AM 

Player

This manifesto is removed

CTX

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25 2013, 19:01 PM 

Player

I have attached the list of names of the ones currently holding insignias. To those who are able to collect them, please report as you collect each. The faster we collect them all, the sooner we can begin reviewing and reassigning to their rightful owners.

Do not demand the insignias back or force surrendering them. Simply ask politely to be returned when they visit. If any problems arise, let me know.

For those of you with concerns, I ask that you please trust and bear with me in this process. If you have any questions or comments, I welcome you to find me.

Thank you.
-Serena

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 0:50 AM 

Tester

This posting has been removed.
*Delivered by a Slaad and posted near the gates*

Here's a suggestion,

Perhaps instead of waiting until all insignias are collected, these "interviews" could be handled on a case-by-case basis. Or better yet, merely conduct an interview for each person currently holding one, those who have not yet passed being barred until a future date.

Otherwise, this earnestly named motion would appear to be a quite obvious scheme to collect the insignias, and hold them indefinitely, under the explanation that "all had not yet been collected." Some of these individuals are quite hard to get a hold of, as one might imagine. We know that completely banning "Dirt Elves" without hearing their words or other's opinions of them is the last thing on our new and open-minded mayor's mind. So making this process more efficient, and most importantly, fair, should serve as an obvious avenue.

[color=#FF4000]~B~E~L~D~O~R~

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 2:09 AM 

Player

The above posting is simply removed. While the slaad was not attacked, it seemed to at least raise alarm with a middle-aged hin who shot at the slaad assuming it came to attack the Dale.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 5:11 AM 

Player

General Nof, Fendel, and a few other long time residents of Bendir Dale express positive opinions of Beldor, in spite of it all, and report that they'd feel comfortable with him as an honorary citizen thanks to his contributions to the community. They do so politely, and mostly all at once, as it seems to have been a topic they've talked about behind closed doors.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 16:43 PM 

Player

//Is this still on?

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 17:52 PM 

Player

Dian talked to Wilimac whilst waiting. Sadly no festivities ensued, so she left after a while.

when met"

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 17:58 PM 

Player

//SORRY! I don't know if anyone other than Dian showed up but I'm sick and I slept through it >:

Should we reschedule?

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 18:00 PM 

Player

//Anytime's fine with me!

when met"

ChrisP

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 19:01 PM 

Player

// Dian and Wili got some good talking time in, then Wili sat in the Inn alone. After logging in for an RP event, and sitting alone for 3 hrs instead of much neede leveling for Wili, i am rather discouraged.

I was really looking forward to this event.

I will do my best to attend a reschedule.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 20:58 PM 

Player

//>: I'm sorry guys. My bad. Since you two were the ones who came, what time/date would work for you this week?

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 21:30 PM 

Player

//Any day! :)

when met"

ChrisP

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 21:50 PM 

Player

//Hard to say. Week days are hit and miss. Like I said, I will do my best to attend a reschedule.

If it is Sat, I would have to say evening EST.

CTX

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 29 2013, 23:38 PM 

Player

// Any day after 1PM (Central Time) is fine for me. 9PM would be the latest I could stay.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next