View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Dakotaen

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2015, 15:59 PM 

Player

Harlequin wrote:
Things like strength contests amongst the hin, storytelling nights and all sorts of player led things wudnt go amiss too!

This! Daniika would do some great storytelling, I'm sure. Wink wink, nudge nudge, Harlequin. :)

I've taken an interest in the Dale since my (not particularly) triumphant return. Sadly I'm caught in the cursed euro-hours, but I plan on trying to get some late hours in whenever I can.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

nadzieja7

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2015, 16:56 PM 

Player

nooo nooo, stay euro!

we need more euro in the Dale.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2015, 17:05 PM 

Player

You don't say, it's all empty in here!

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 07 2015, 18:11 PM 

Player

*many signs and posters would appear around the Dale to inform folks of an upcoming election*

// since this is a player driven server I figured I may as well get the ball rolling on this.

Last edited by chefwudan on Sun, Mar 22 2015, 4:21 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 07 2015, 18:44 PM 

Player

//Just in case, I think I'll wait and see if the DMs have anything to say about this. Hudson was supposed to have tied up loose ends last weekend (I think!), so perhaps something is already in the works. :)

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 1:42 AM 

Player

Nick can be seen lobbying for folks to "Do their part" and get involved in the election process.

Some tables are set-up for folks to sign-up and volunteer as poll workers by:
:arrow: helping to manage the voting process on election day
:arrow: verifying voter credentials
:arrow: issuing ballots to voters
:arrow: maintaining accountability of voting ballots
:arrow: ensuring all applicable election laws are followed in the voting process

"All hands on deck Bendir Dale!"

Murkoph

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 6:13 AM 

Player

A very confused former town treasurer would look over these posters and wonder to herself, audibly, quite loud in fact. Possibly near Nick. Or maybe someone else who can answer this.

'Okay, so it's an election again, but who is actually dumb enough to run for Mayor this time?'

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

HorkTheOrk

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 13:11 PM 

Player

A large Orgillion, known around Bendir as a friend, would attempt to nominate himself as a candidate to become the new Bendir Dale Mayor.

Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]

Harlequin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:48 AM 

Player

The cheeky harlequin runs around with fliers, posting them fanatically often accompanied with screaming "Vote or dote!" in the residents faces!

Not before approaching adventurer hin and proclaiming about the "Catch the albino chicken choker" policy that she so believes!

Playername: TheMessiahOfDerp

Yes I played other characters but this forum name is dedicated to the character!

Harlequin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:50 AM 

Player

I'm in euro time myself and finally got time to spend helping with creating things to do and causing mayhem! Watch this space!

Yes I played other characters but this forum name is dedicated to the character!

Harlequin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:55 AM 

Player

*Another bit of parchment is attached underneath*

Where are you 'o' old wise 'hin that lives with mountain goats!

As the female hin put it up she walks off giggling.

Harlequin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:57 AM 

Player

*Parchment is put up under the application and postings*

You must have gone on a damn long patrol away from tha' dale eh!

Broldi

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 13:29 PM 

Player

Theadric walks into the Dale one morning to purchase some bread. Stopping for a breif chat with the salesman, he catches the election poster out of the corner of his eye. He then spends a good half an hour leant against a tree, bread in hand, staring out across the Dale square, finally taking his leave from his old home.

Murkoph

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 3:22 AM 

Player

An official looking note is hung up in the Bendir Dale meeting room within the Town Hall, apparently posted there by a Hin courier. It's written on thick vellum, and sealed in red wax bearing the Dagger and Serpent of the Living Guard of Tarkuul.

Quote:
Good people of Bendir Dale,

On behalf of Tarkuul and the Living Guard, I; Legate Asya Goodmonsdottir issue this notice to inquire into the incidents surrounding repeated attacks upon, and the murders of Living City personnel. One Watcher of the Living Guard while not on formal duties for the Enclave of Tarkuul has reported no less than four separate incidents in which members of the Bendir Dale community, a mayoral candidate no less, have attacked or killed him.

The most recent of these occasions reportedly having happened nowhere near Bendir Dale sovereignty indicates that the nature of at least one of these attacks has not involved potential lawbreaking which would warrant any violence against our people.

The Enclave requests formal statement accounting for the attacks upon Living Guard members, who were in uniform at the time and have claimed that they have broken no laws, nor made aggressive actions towards your township or your people. Our people have lied before, and if this is merely a misunderstanding I do wish to see a peaceful resolution. If, on the other hand, there is no accounting for these actions either on behalf of those who attacked Enclave Personnel, or perhaps in the stupidity of my own soldier (And I do expect to hear of such stupidity, make no mistake); these incidents can only be explained as being malicious in nature with ill intent towards the Enclave of Tarkuul and its people.

I do not wish to see a war scenario.

In Service to the Living City,
~Legate Asya Goodmonsdottir.

Bravo21

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 16:21 PM 

Player

Late in the evening a lone hin is about his occasional business of 'sharing' Cindle's writing supplies to enact calligraphy into a colorful message on a fresh poster. Noting the letter on the board he gives a raised eyebrow to the symbol emblazoned upon it and returns to minding his own business. After more than an hour, he finally succumbs and bounds over to the letter opening it in a nimble rush, his heroic effort to curb hin curiosity utterly failing.

Standing for several long moments, his brows come together and a frown develops. With a barely audable, "What the fek?", he stalks back to Cindles desk and quickly copies the letter in neat precise script.

He leaves the Town Hall and bangs on old General Nof's door, depositing the letter in his likely sleepy hands.

Within minutes he is seen in Kohlingen, scribing furiously for several hours. By dawn every single guard on Bendir lands has a copy of the letter and notices find their way to the leaders of Kohlingen, Barak Rundar, Winya Ravana, Kampos, Cordor, Wharftown, Guldrand, the Shrine of Elitraee, Wiltun, and Khem. The letter also finds a home on a large posterboard near the cart drivers in Bendir in large easy to read sctipt, with the following note attached:

In summary, Necromancers terrorizing Hin lands have been claimed as citizens of Tarkuul. Furthermore, Tarkuul threatens violence if any good and peaceful people hinder their terrorist activities. Not surprising that the city of dead folk should show their true colors.

//OOC*Forgot there was no mayor currently in residence and deleted that portion.

-Krrja

Last edited by Bravo21 on Fri, Mar 13 2015, 18:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Broldi

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 16:56 PM 

Player

A note left by a certain brown curly haird hin, a glowing kukri at his hip and round shield strapped to his back and satchel at his side tacks up a notice.

Quote:
Worry not, citizens, brothers and sisters, I am making arrangements that shall prevent any conflict from the Living City. In the mean time, I urge many of you to remain inside the walls, they are there for your safety and protection, not to be admired as art. Thank you.

Secondly. Should a Pale Master, Blackguard, or other unfriendly guests arrive outside the gates wearing the Tarkuulian uniform, I beg you do not sign Bendir Dales death sentance. I have seen the force of Tarkuul first hand, do not give them a reason to step us off of the map. Beleive me when I say that they have that ability, and they can do so with out us having a chance, or with out us knowing. This is a threat we cannot hope to win, therefore we must negotiate, or come to some kind of arrangement.

Currently this is a very salvagable predicament. It requires merely not being dumb. When in uniform, they are symbol of their city. An attack on an individual is an act of war in their eyes. As they have made clear. As for a response to the Legates note, I plan to visit her personally and speak on behalf of the Dale. I shall post the words spoken in the conferance here.

Also, they are not saying: "We are going to kill you." It's more of a: "Cease assaulting our men, or it is an act of war, and war will happen."

Thank you.

-Theadric Shortwick, Former Vigilant Sentinel.
P.S. Remember, there are always repurcussions to violence, this is one of them.

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 17:22 PM 

Player

*Rosary can be seen eyeing the notice for a moment and shaking her head at something, she scribbles down something*

Quote:
They would be wise not to damage their 'neutral' reputation over an ill intent pale master who has caused trouble, not only on our lands, but elsewhere too. As i'm being referred to here, I will make a statement and send it to this Asya person.

~Rosary

Murkoph

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 19:11 PM 

Player

Another notice finds its way into the Dale.

Quote:
In response to the statements given by Rosary Doodlekins,

Thank you for your prompt reply. And as I have said repeatedly in the course of this investigation: This is more or less exactly what I was expecting the case to be. As a community, the Enclave of Tarkuul is prone to attracting those not welcome elsewhere due to inclination or any number of other reasons, and for the most part the laws of the Enclave under my jurisdiction are there in order to protect all involved.

Given that the reports left by our Watcher omitted the aggressions of third party mercenary forces, we cannot consider these attacks to have been malicious towards the Enclave of Tarkuul. These incidents are investigated for a reason, and we have no kneejerk responses of war without due process such as asking for what happened from the perspectives of others. In this matter I appreciate your information clearing this up so that the incident may be approached from more than one perspective on an incident.

If our Watcher, or any others reading these reports which have evidently been copied and posted around the island wish for some degree of insight into this event, I offer this for future reference:

An amendment to the Third Law of Tarkuul indicates that all attacks against a member of Tarkuul's agencies outside the borders of the Enclave is to be considered an act against the Enclave as a whole, as such all incidents in which a member of members of the Living City are brought to harm are to be investigated by the Living Guard.

However, the Second Law of Tarkuul states that those who endanger the Enclave's state of political neutrality are breaking the law, and are liable to be punished by and within the state of Tarkuul itself if they are trying to bait attacks upon themselves in order to provoke a response by the Enclave against Foreign Sovereignty.

This means that if at any point a member of an agency of Tarkuul turns up, and states that they are under the protection of the Enclave, then the response to their actions are on them and not the aggressive party if that member of an Agency of Tarkuul winds up being attacked for what they're doing.

To put it simply: If a member of the Living Guard, or Magisterium Mortis turn up in your township and start causing problems and violating your laws; provided they have invoked the Third Law as protection of their person, you can report them to me or the office of the Castellan and they will be punished under Tarkuulian Law.

Further the third rule of the Living Guard indicates that members must respect the laws of foreign sovereignty, and that actions against such laws may be punishable.

If you have further problems with our people threatening National level response to personal bullshit, just quote that at them and send them back to me to be flayed.

~Legate Asya Goodmonsdottir.

Elyon

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 14 2015, 13:30 PM 

Player

*Rosary writes a note near Nick's post*

If i'm allowed to, i'd like to take up the jobs:
:arrow: verifying voter credentials
:arrow: issuing ballots to voters

The quicker we have people filling in these jobs, the faster we'll be able to get the elections process going and thus, have our Dale running back up again. So I encourage anyone to step forward.

~ Rosary

Broldi

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 14 2015, 16:05 PM 

Player

Quote:
Theadric Shortwick

A third candidate to run for mayor.

Broldi

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 14 2015, 16:07 PM 

Player

Theadric trudges over in the morning and tacks up his name wordlessly.

Quote:
Theadric Shortwick.

Eck Oh

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 14 2015, 17:51 PM 

Player

Sadie would post a reply in regards to Nick's "Do your part" lobbying.

Quote:
"I am available to take on all responsibilities of a poll worker.
-Sadie"

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 15 2015, 22:27 PM 

Player

*An addendium is added to the signs posted around the Dale*

Lets put a date on this guys, like the 1st of Tarsakh (April). Seems fitting to me.

What dates work for you?

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 15 2015, 22:55 PM 

Player

Vernal Equinox Festival!

In honor of our Watchful Mother, Hin gather together to till and sow the fields. All Hin participate and the Farmers offer hearty fare to all those that worked in their fields and orchards. This marks the beginning of the planting season. Expect general partying too! Contests, games... stuff! Bring a costume. Best costume wins a prize!

Guests welcome
Ches~20

// 20th March, 00:00 GMT/ 8 PM ET

Last edited by Elyon on Fri, Mar 20 2015, 21:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 16 2015, 8:12 AM 

Player

I will be there in spirit, if not in flesh!

Beridoc

// The time is horrid for me, so it's very unlikely that I'll be there.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20 2015, 0:07 AM 

Player

*Flyers are posted*

A tenday from the festival there will be an open forum for the citizen's and cadidates to discuss any issues, concerns or any matter you like to see addressed, changed or implemented by the candidates as well for the candidates to address there main focus of their campaigns.

// If the festival date and time works for most we can try the same time, otherwise, as usual, we can work with a communal time that suits most if not everyone.

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20 2015, 22:39 PM 

Player

//Starts in 1 hour and 20 mins ish from now!

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 20 2015, 23:50 PM 

Player

// Starting!

Eck Oh

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21 2015, 2:49 AM 

Player

*A note is posted*
Could we postpone the election date a day or two? Otherwise I won't be available to work the polls.
-Sadie

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21 2015, 16:42 PM 

Player

*Nick searches out Sadie and suggests she fill in a date that works for her on the sign-in sheet*

Eck Oh

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21 2015, 21:52 PM 

Player

Sadie returns to fill out the date on the posted list; Tarsakh 2nd.
chefwudan wrote:
*An addendium is added to the signs posted around the Dale*

Lets put a date on this guys, like the 1st of Tarsakh (April). Seems fitting to me.

What dates work for you?
Tarsakh 2nd__________

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 22 2015, 17:35 PM 

Player

*Dicey returns from his visit to Barak Runedar and heads to the town hall to place a note up on the notice board for all those to see*

"Fellow Citizens, I recently visited the dwarves on behalf of the Dale to ask for support in beefing up the Dale's security and I am happy to annouce that they will be sending some volunteers to work with us to help ensure better safety for the Dale folk. They also would like to have a meeting with us to discuss further inquiries and relations between our community and theirs, so a meeting as been set for a week's time from today and all are encouraged to come to the dwarven citadel to voice their opinions."

Signed,
Dicey Quickshanks, Acting Captain of the Dale Militia

// Meeting will be held at 11am EST on Sunday March 29th, that time is really the only best time for all the dwarves to participate so hopefully as many of us hin can show up too.

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

Broldi

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 23 2015, 23:18 PM 

Player

After a few weeks, Theadrics name vanished from the board, along with any sign of him.

Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 24 2015, 0:30 AM 

Player

Quote:
28th Ches____________
29th Ches____________
1st Tarsakh__________
2nd Tarsakh__________

It may change! Might fill in more dates.
~Rosary

chefwudan

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 25 2015, 17:52 PM 

Player

*Nick would find Rosie and Sadie and agree that the 2nd of Tarsakh (April) seems to suit most so far to host the Town Hall forum with the Debate the following week*

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 29 2015, 14:00 PM 

Player

*A post would be put up at the town hall, available for only residents to see.*

Quote:
Dear residents,
Before you read this, my message is in no way directed specifically to anyone at all. Recently I feel that there has been an issue with where we stand today, in terms of our relationship with 'tallers', adventurers and other factions. I believe that conflict stems from this one problem. The fact that it's an deep-rooted issue makes it complex, but hopefully by the end of this you could understand something. It's a problem which needs to be solved.

Us. The 'Us versus them' mentality. Where does it come from? "'Tallers', adventurers and other factions simply trample over us. They do not follow our laws. They do not accept our authority. They cause trouble outside our gates."

But why is this mind set a problem? It becomes a real issue when it's bad for business. Attitudes which influences our actions where we make decisions out of blind sight. We become distasteful, dismissive, rude. Just what are we looking for? For 'tallers' to know their place? So that they understand who is in charge here? That we're not a bunch of pathetic people who can't handle our own? Stop and think for a moment. We can't allow these ideas to cloud our judgement.

In no way am I dismissing the other side of the argument, that certain individuals who linger outside our walls do actually cause problems for us. However it's simply not practical to shun all 'tallers' for the sake of a few who create a terrible representation of their kind. Bendir Dale is a small town where all kinds come to relax and enjoy themselves, we should keep our business with them. They provide us profit from our stores. They support us during attacks. And we should keep in mind that other factions and cities seek business opportunities that could greatly benefit us.

Let's not dismiss those who help us. It would be completely inappropriate of us for those who have done many a great deed in our town, only to be returned with rudeness. For the sake of our community when push comes to shove, seek reasoning but not necessarily appeasement. Be professional residents with authority. Don't tie personal opinions of 'tallers' to your actions and watch what you say. Lastly, use common sense for what should be a last resort.

I understand that many of us do not need to be told this. Just know that every action a resident makes can reflect the whole of our community, even if it's just a few individuals...

Feel free to share your thoughts.
~Rosary

chefwudan

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 30 2015, 21:49 PM 

Player

Although I don't disagree with your words I think there are easy fixes to resolve these issues:

1) We need more guard presence by the carts. There needs to be at least two guards posted near the carts which should allow for guards/militia to act quicker possibly even preventing issues from starting. ([OOC] this way people cannot meta the guards and do whatever)

2) We need to go back to having a clear cut uniform that easily identifies a guard/militia member.

3) We need to update the laws boards and possibly place one by the carts with the first law stating simply:
Refusal to obey a direct order from a militia/guard member is considered a violation of the law (unless the action directly endangers life).

I believe these changes would have a great impact on the actions or "ALL" those that loitter about by the carts.

Elyon

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 30 2015, 22:08 PM 

Player

My message isn't aimed at law enforcement. I'm looking at the bigger picture no matter the location. It's simply the way we present ourselves, how we handle problems when looking into one's shoe, and how we can try not to ruin our relationship when it comes to members of varying factions, including our allies. In other words, and not to mock anyone, the way we behave towards 'tallers'.

But as you have brought law enforcement up. Guard presence, militia is important. We need professionals that know how to handle the job, understand that it's going to be tough, but deal with it in an appropriate manner. Yes, order is important too and so is authority. But, as I mentioned above, have a clear head away from the negative mind set about 'tallers', that has been rather open as of late. We don't want corrupt militia like before...

~Rosary

*Rosary fixes a spelling mistake!*

Last edited by Elyon on Mon, Mar 30 2015, 22:42 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Kudark

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 30 2015, 22:37 PM 

Player

chefwudan wrote:
Although I don't disagree with your words I think there are easy fixes to resolve these issues:

1) We need more guard presence by the carts. There needs to be at least two guards posted near the carts which should allow for guards/militia to act quicker possibly even preventing issues from starting. ([OOC] this way people cannot meta the guards and do whatever)

2) We need to go back to having a clear cut uniform that easily identifies a guard/militia member.

3) We need to update the laws boards and possibly place one by the carts with the first law stating simply:
Refusal to obey a direct order from a militia/guard member is considered a violation of the law (unless the action directly endangers life).

I believe these changes would have a great impact on the actions or "ALL" those that loitter about by the carts.

We tried all this. It was shut down by vote and the Elders. I have reason to belive the residents still want this though.
~~Crow

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 31 2015, 1:59 AM 

Player

I still feel this is more of an isolated incident that should be handled with more descretion, can we talk privately about this Rosey?

Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 31 2015, 12:36 PM 

Player

*A note is placed in response to Nick's*
Of course, that'll be great.

To residents: Please don't feel that this is directed to any events. It's only a general concern that I feel has grown as of late.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 11:17 AM 

Player

Debate and Town Hall meeting today in the Bendir Dale classroom. Be sure to be a part of your town and attend.

// 6 pm Est (about 11 hours from now)

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 18:51 PM 

Player

Crow, locked in combat with an especially nasty Skeletal Knight, on Caraigh, loses track of time, as his intense hatred for undead drives him to make sure this one won't be rising again.

// Can't make it, I'll be at work.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2015, 21:58 PM 

Player

// it never fails when you need to be somewhere by a certain time. Running a but later but on my way home, ETA 20-30 mins

Elyon

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 06 2015, 0:34 AM 

Player

*Rosary adds more dates*
Quote:
28th Ches____________
29th Ches____________
1st Tarsakh__________
2nd Tarsakh__________
6th to 11th Tarsakh____

Again, more dates to come.
~Rosary

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 07 2015, 4:46 AM 

Player

*Posted*

Enter for a chance to win a nice raffle prize. Come to the pre-voting rally and cast your vote to be entered for a chance to win a unique item and a "front-of-the-line" pass to all the festival food lines for a year.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 09 2015, 23:46 PM 

Player

*the posted signs around the Dale are updated*

We will try again on the 11th to have an open forum/debate.

I would like to open the polls the following day if all goes well.

P.S. Any hin that shows up to the debate will have a chance to win a nice prize.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2015, 20:52 PM 

Player

*Nick would post signs about the Dale*

Frustrated by the lack of involvement and/or caring by the citizens of the Dale to want to be a part of the process, and tired of waiting for the Dale to have a mayor in place after more than a months time, I hereby withdraw as a Mayoral Candidate and concede that Rosary be appointed Mayor of Bendir Dale effective immediately. As such I think a lenghty vacation is in order and I wish Rosy all the best in her endevors as Mayor.

*signed*
Nick Shadow

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 12 2015, 13:20 PM 

Player

Although Nick leaving has caught me by surprise, I will take responsibility for this role. Please be patient with me as I sort through all the documents, this should be quick. After that we get down to business.

~Rosary

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 14 2015, 1:45 AM 

Player

I'm all for cleaing things up, but can we not archive posts of the current year at least? Maybe have like a 3-6 month window before archiving them. Also why is the 2015 thread locked, as if there was nothing more needed to be posted to them?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next