View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 22 2015, 21:33 PM 

Player

Public notices have been put up around Bendir Dale.

NoticeTo my beloved residents of Bendir Dale,

As many of you already know about my current condition, I will be officially resigning my post as Mayor. In about two-ten days from now another Mayoral Election period will begin. If you believe you're a suitable candidate for the job, then now is the time to plan ahead. For the sake of Bendir Dale and as history shows, it is vital that when a leader can no longer do her duties, standing idle will do more harm than good. My time has come where I am no longer needed, and a new candidate can further thrive our community. Notices will be put up when the elections have begun, so please be aware for that! I will personally be helping us run the election period to make the process efficient.

For now, I'd like to thank everyone for all their efforts and working together during my term. It wasn't me who has actively accomplished a many great deed on our land, but everyone who has willingly volunteered for such. Whilst there are still unfinished business concerning our defenses still at hand and the nearby cave that was collapsed long ago, they will continue to be worked on autonomously and should be finished soon! It's been a great honor working with everyone, from those who have continuously defended Bendir Dale, those who contributed to great ideas, to those who helped out with the implementation and many more, I thank you. Let's review some of this years accomplishments and some special thanks to certain individuals:

Wilfire Strongfeet for working tiredlessly with the new and nearly finished perimeter wall around Bendir. For planning the innovations, gathering the materials and guiding those working alongside him, including the help of clan bronzebeard. A special thanks also to those who used their talents to support this initiative. Lastly, this idea wouldn't have come true if Nick and Sadie hadn't brought their heads together.

Dicey for tightening relations with Runedar. It takes effort to even make it to other's meetings and because of this, our defenses were improved during certain troublesome times, and will be permanently be improved with our new set of ballistas. I'd also like to thank those who have brought their strategic ideas together when it comes to our defenses, including the placement of our militia, ballistas and golems that will be implemented very soon. A special thanks goes to all members of the militia, aswell as those who had the courage to take the infamous militia captain position.

Gideon, with the help of Doomguide Kathrynn, for hallowing our graveyard. It takes a whole day to hallow the graveyard, but the effects last for a long time. The tongues spell also lingers across the site too. Once the year is over let's try and keep the hallowing up, afterall, best to stay safe than sorry!

Do you remember that time when Bendir Dale was invested with rats? Well surely that won't happen anymore. Crow managed to pull an investment in cats somehow, and I believe some of us have one today! These fluffy adorable pets will aid us during such... troublesome times. Please remember to dump your waste carefully.

I believe we're lucky to have our not-so-new honorary citizen, Rania and Thomas. With a Hin's heart inside, they've kept Bendir lively. Especially the festivals which I seem to have trouble planning, my saving grace for last minute plans. Rania has worked tirelessly for our small town with it's defenses, being a temporary militia captain at one point. Thomas's keen intellect has personally helped me with all that horrible political nonsense that any leader is forced to deal with. These two friendly bards have a knack for bringing everyone together and making Bendir a happier place. I'm truly blessed for their initiative and support.

Our town treasurer Jannah. For great advice in the trade side of things. Her expertise and experience has allowed us to dodge past mistakes and further the projects of Bendir Dale. Secondly, my husband Sullivan for doing my job when it comes to business. Of course it's not good to simply take from other cities, and as a community we have to give something back. A special thanks for planning and sending over goods to trade partners.

Rico for his hard working in more private affairs, and starting his own shadowdancing community. He's helped with more than anyone knows, and carries a load on his shoulders which will lead us into the future. With all the pesky shadowdancers in our community, a free opportunity is given to further improve the art.

I'm really glad I've gotten the chance to help move Bendir Dale forward. Many of you have kept me really busy but motivated all the same. Even if not, just turning up and being there brings a smile to my face. Once again, thanks for all the help. It's been an absolute pleasure! Please await for more notices on the upcoming elections.

~ Rosary Doodlekins

Elyon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 11 2016, 16:07 PM 

Player

Fliers are distributed around Bendir, tacked on the noticeboards and sent to homes.

Do You Want To Be The Next Mayor?It's that time again, the elections! Please register yourself on the official list, found inside the Mayor's office, if you'd like to run for Mayor. You'll be given two tendays to do so, extended if need be. During that time I'd recommend going the extra step of supporting your own campaign: leaflets, pamphlets, speeches... so on and so forth. Traditionally we have a mandatory Q&A Debate, this will happen sometime after the advertising period. Lastly, the voting. Make sure to prepare yourselves. Only citizens of Bendir Dale may sign themselves up.

Note that if the election period ends unsuccessfully, be that no one steps up for the role, or other conflicting issues arise, a temporary replacement of leadership governed by the council of Elders will take place.

Good luck! If you have any queries please find me.

Candidates:
- Kira Cottonfoot
- Dicey Quickshanks (No longer wants to do it)
- Gideon Ropeworth
-
-

~ Rosary D. Ryker

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2016, 22:43 PM 

Player

*Kira Cottonfoot adds her name to the list*

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:11 AM 

Player

*More fliers are distributed around Bendir, an official date given on these set of fliers*

Do You Want To Be The Next Mayor?It's that time again, the elections! Please register yourself on the official list, found inside the Mayor's office, if you'd like to run for Mayor. You'll be given until the 5th Alturiak to do so, extended if need be. During that time I'd recommend going the extra step of supporting your own campaign: leaflets, pamphlets, speeches... so on and so forth. Traditionally we have a mandatory Q&A Debate, this will happen sometime after the advertising period. Lastly, the voting. Make sure to prepare yourselves. Only citizens of Bendir Dale may sign themselves up.

Note that if the election period ends unsuccessfully, be that no one steps up for the role, or other conflicting issues arise, a temporary replacement of leadership governed by the council of Elders will take place.

Good luck! If you have any queries please find me.

~ Rosary D. Ryker

// Alturiak = February

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 4:04 AM 

Player

// Cor'Xak posts a letter alongside the election news, and adds his Kobold name to the list.

Greetings, I am Cor'Xak, a red Kobold druid of Silvanus, whom I imagine some of you may know. It has come to my attention this town needs a leader and only one person has stepped forward. Despite not being a citizen or a Halfling, I have a good plan for Bendir Dale and would like to put my claw forward to run. If my plans are good enough to get me elected, I'm sure the current mayor can make an exception to the racial policy or grant citizenship. In any case, it gives Kira someone to run against, so the mayoral election doesn't work like a relay-race, which is bad for everyone.

Cor'Xak's Plan for Bendir Dale

1. The main stretch of road that everyone sits around would be converted into a park with benches and some more decorations along the sides, mostly using land across the street from the Dale itself. More trees will be planted as well, enhancing the aesthetic. The goal is to keep the tree, bench, and rock everyone loves alone, yet add more 'furniture' to the areas near the coveted tree and rock and bench spots for more relaxing, chatting, and general load-taking-offing. I honestly think it's a shame that the entire area is essentially 'bring your own stool' given how much foot-traffic it sees.

But how else can we increase foot-traffic?

2. Another cart would be added, perhaps to Kohl or Wharftown, increasing foot traffic and tax revenue.

But, foot-traffic? Tax revenue? Why does the Dale need money?

3. Make use of unused space. The Dale itself has a ton of land that's just sitting there doing nothing. Considering how simple and unobtrusive Hin homes are, building several more on the Dales coin would be reasonably simple, and some smaller but more 'traditional' houses could go up as well.

But why would we build houses?

4. Encourage immigration by lowering taxes for new and existing residents. With the new houses up and taxes down, immigration will naturally occur, particularly with the relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, brand new housing, and brand new park. Who wouldn't want to move there? More houses means more rent, and more rent means more projects to enhance life in the Dale. Once the initial goals of this plan are completed, the usage of these new funds will be decided by a committee (which would be elected separately and by the residents, with no mayoral input), the vice-mayor, and likely a single kobold where all attendees have a single vote. New residents would of course be screened by an appropriate government official, likely the vice-mayor as well, and no changes to the current race-restrictions would be made, though outstanding members of banned races may apply for citizenship if they proved themselves to be honest or trustworthy.

You keep saying vice-mayor, so who will be vice-mayor? Do you just pick that arbitrarily? You going to pick one of your kobold friends?

5. Appoint a trusted Halfling, likely whoever comes in second on the election, to the 'vice-mayor' position. This will also help to demonstrate I'm not attempting to turn the Dale into Kobold Dale, and it is very very unlikely I will change any other government position.

But, aside from the committee that will vote on where excess funds go, and the new vice-mayor position, are there any other changes to staff you plan to make?

6. Remove or move the gigantic golems. I'd much rather see a less obtrusive option for defense. I may be alone here but I personally do not like the change to the Dale that put every single conversation in the shadow of a gigantic, unthinking, unfeeling construct; I'd see the funds used on Golems diverted to the militia, giving them an increased presence and better equipment, meaning the Dales defense will not be compromised, yet it will still 'feel' like the old Dale.

I have other plans as well, all would secure a better future for the Dale. Despite being a Kobold, I firmly believe the quality of life in the Dale for both citizens and visitors would only improve, if I am elected. I ask that you set your racial prejudices aside and, when the ballot comes, vote Red.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:46 PM 

Player

AirPhforce wrote:
// Cor'Xak posts a letter alongside the election news, and adds his Kobold name to the list.

Greetings, I am Cor'Xak, a red Kobold druid of Silvanus, whom I imagine some of you may know. It has come to my attention this town needs a leader and only one person has stepped forward. Despite not being a citizen or a Halfling, I have a good plan for Bendir Dale and would like to put my claw forward to run. If my plans are good enough to get me elected, I'm sure the current mayor can make an exception to the racial policy or grant citizenship. In any case, it gives Kira someone to run against, so the mayoral election doesn't work like a relay-race, which is bad for everyone.

Cor'Xak's Plan for Bendir Dale

1. The main stretch of road that everyone sits around would be converted into a park with benches and some more decorations along the sides, mostly using land across the street from the Dale itself. More trees will be planted as well, enhancing the aesthetic. The goal is to keep the tree, bench, and rock everyone loves alone, yet add more 'furniture' to the areas near the coveted tree and rock and bench spots for more relaxing, chatting, and general load-taking-offing. I honestly think it's a shame that the entire area is essentially 'bring your own stool' given how much foot-traffic it sees.

But how else can we increase foot-traffic?

2. Another cart would be added, perhaps to Kohl or Wharftown, increasing foot traffic and tax revenue.

But, foot-traffic? Tax revenue? Why does the Dale need money?

3. Make use of unused space. The Dale itself has a ton of land that's just sitting there doing nothing. Considering how simple and unobtrusive Hin homes are, building several more on the Dales coin would be reasonably simple, and some smaller but more 'traditional' houses could go up as well.

But why would we build houses?

4. Encourage immigration by lowering taxes for new and existing residents. With the new houses up and taxes down, immigration will naturally occur, particularly with the relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, brand new housing, and brand new park. Who wouldn't want to move there? More houses means more rent, and more rent means more projects to enhance life in the Dale. Once the initial goals of this plan are completed, the usage of these new funds will be decided by a committee (which would be elected separately and by the residents, with no mayoral input), the vice-mayor, and likely a single kobold where all attendees have a single vote. New residents would of course be screened by an appropriate government official, likely the vice-mayor as well, and no changes to the current race-restrictions would be made, though outstanding members of banned races may apply for citizenship if they proved themselves to be honest or trustworthy.

You keep saying vice-mayor, so who will be vice-mayor? Do you just pick that arbitrarily? You going to pick one of your kobold friends?

5. Appoint a trusted Halfling, likely whoever comes in second on the election, to the 'vice-mayor' position. This will also help to demonstrate I'm not attempting to turn the Dale into Kobold Dale, and it is very very unlikely I will change any other government position.

But, aside from the committee that will vote on where excess funds go, and the new vice-mayor position, are there any other changes to staff you plan to make?

6. Remove or move the gigantic golems. I'd much rather see a less obtrusive option for defense. I may be alone here but I personally do not like the change to the Dale that put every single conversation in the shadow of a gigantic, unthinking, unfeeling construct; I'd see the funds used on Golems diverted to the militia, giving them an increased presence and better equipment, meaning the Dales defense will not be compromised, yet it will still 'feel' like the old Dale.

I have other plans as well, all would secure a better future for the Dale. Despite being a Kobold, I firmly believe the quality of life in the Dale for both citizens and visitors would only improve, if I am elected. I ask that you set your racial prejudices aside and, when the ballot comes, vote Red.

*A note was placed beside Cor'Xak's later*

Denied. With all due respect, there are multiple reasons to why we only allow Citizens of Bendir Dale to register for Mayor. Speak to me if you'd like to know more about the issues revolving around this and your application.

~ Rosary D. Ryker

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 21 2016, 17:20 PM 

Player

*One quiet evening, Cor'Xak's poster is verbally assaulted with the most extreme invective and creative cussing heard in Bendir since the days of the Lorna menace. The spittle laced diatribe from Missus can be heard from the Skull Crags to the Mylock Hills. Her beet red face and trembling chubby hands make their way to the Hinn Inn where a near historic episode of binge drinking ends with her face down on the floor under the dartboard.*

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 22 2016, 13:30 PM 

DM

Pebbles Oldfur, the niece of Fendel who is often tending the Hinn Inn with him in some manner, pats Missus on the back sympathetically as she cleans up the mess around her form. The strong, coppery-hin then lifts the gnome and (with some help from Fendel probably) puts her on the couch in the back to sleep it off.

Some time later, another name is added to the exceptionally short (ha) list of nominees! Perhaps just so Kira has some competition, as Pebbles seems quite content for now to spend her time tending to the Hinn Inn. She does cheerfully chat to anyone who comes in asking her about it, though.

~Pebbles Oldfur

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Broldi

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 22 2016, 15:21 PM 

Player

Missus would easily spot Theadric off to the side as she cussed out a poster laughing heartily, he didn't seem to disagree either. He didn't join for a drink, however. He slipped off to the north of the Dale, flipping a coin, wondering whether we might see the return of mayor Wiggins.

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 22 2016, 22:56 PM 

Player

*Dicey would be seen signing his name to the list of Nominees, giving a firm nod as he signed his name*

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

Couch_Ninja

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2016, 5:56 AM 

Player

A litany is hung up next to the notice. Looks like someone's campaigning. The handwriting is tidy, smooth and just a little artistic.

"To my fellow Hin, the Dwarves, Gnomes and Fey of our township.
To the honorable clans and people of our Bendir Dale.

My name is Gideon Ropeworth, a devout Son of Yondalla. I hail from the far-flung ancestral home of the Hin, Luiren. Born to a proud, Strongheart mother and a nameless Ar-Tel-Quessir father, a Sun Elf.

I have not lived in Bendir Dale for a truely long time, and cannot speak of any prior experience as a Statesman. Some of you may not even know me. However, I like to think of myself as a man of sound qualities. I value honesty, and that a productive life needs its moments of laxness. I hold reverence for the many gods of our world, and thereby follow the teachings of Yondalla and her Children. Lastly, I do enjoy a fine pipe and drink.

So, with delight in my heart, I offer myself as candidate for the seat of Mayor in our township. I intend to pick up and resume most of Mayor Rosary Doodlekins Ryker's policies, however below I have written a manifest of the things I would be inclined to pursue, would the People of Bendir Dale entrust me with this responsibility. I have no ambition of rulership, but I see it as my sacred duty to Provide and Protect for my fellow Hin.

1. On matters of Democracy.
Adhering to the traditions of our town, no action would I ever undertake as Mayor without the approval and trust of the People of the Dale. That said, all that lies proposed in this manifest is meant to be put forward in consequential Town Meetings, and voted on in a case by case fashion.
I am a pious man that adheres to the laws of gods more than he does men. Were I to be mayor, you may find that some of the solutions and initiatives I offer are inspired by the Divine, and that I would invite all to observe and Celebrate Yondalla and her Children. Despite this, know that my faith would not override the responsibility that would be entrusted to me by the people of Bendir Dale.

2. On matters of Diplomacy.
Our township stands central to the Island of Amia, and its farms feed many mouths beyond our walls. There is nothing wrong with our traditional choice to remain uninvolved, as a town, in the life outside of our borders. However, I am of the opinion that the Dale is in a prime position to offer a diplomatically neutral ground for its neighbours to hold conclave on. For as long as we decide to keep to ourselves, we surrender the Fate of this Island, on which our Township rests, to those that aren't of the Dale.
As mayor, I will endeavour to hold an amicable hand, reaching outward to the lands around us. Perhaps we may facilitate them to amend their disputes. I imagine a Bendir with more Ambassadors, that may represent the Dale in any analogue that our neighbours may have to our Town Meetings. Would we be welcome in them, that is.

3. On matters of Militia. Revised.
We currently have two militia's that essentially do the same thing. However, after reviewing the members of either milita I noticed the milita under the command of Snobbles is composed of much more highly trained individuals than one would expect of a milita. Experienced enough to be able to fight in formations on the fly, and independent enough to fight by themselves. I would thereby propose to reform this milita into a more specialized taskforce. That the people of Bendir Dale may benefit from these talented individuals in ways other than defence. Again, this proposal I make in the spirit of my idea to expand diplomatic relations. Which can undoubtfully benefit from such a taskforce.

4. On matters of Walls & Gates.
We have two walls now. A great boon to Bendir Dale, indeed! However the open spirit of our community must not be deterred by it. I would put forth a proposal to keep the outer Gates permanently open, only to close when great danger approaches the Dale. The roads that go through our territory would remain as open and unrestricted as they have always been. There are a manner of individuals that we do not allow within our township unless they carry documentation that allows them entry. A good system, I've found. However I am of the opinion that we should 'not' enforce the same on the lands between our two walls. For if we do, then the roads that run through our lands may suddenly find themselves much less walked, as new paths take their place. And a great pity it would be, if our neighbours would decide to use those, instead. Let us keep our outer lands open, and trade flowing.

5. On matters of Law.
We've got an elegant, simple and clear-cut bunch of laws. However not all disputes between citizens or with non-citizens are fully addressed by them. Now, in our good spirited township this doesn't happen often, but I hope to continue the practice that unresolved disputes are brought before the people of the Dale during Town Meetings. But added to that, I would propose that we acquire a town magistrate of some kind.

6. On matters of Festivity.
Mayor Rosary Doodlekins Ryker has always been prone to arrange festivals. I much enjoyed these festivals, however I am too sober a person to continue this practice. Where I to be Mayor, it is my hope that a citizen of the Dale may take it onto themselves to be its Seneschal, and continue this fine tradition where I would not.

7. On matters of Administration.
It has come to my attention that Bendir used to have a Deputy Mayor in place more than once in its history. In light of the recent troll attacks I am of the belief that the post of Deputy Mayor would be a useful thing to have. As mayor, I would appoint someone I deem a worthwhile candidate. After which the people of Bendir Dale would vote on it in a sucessive Town Meeting.

With this I leave you now. But I invite you to come speak with me if you feel so inclined. May you vote in line with your minds and hearts in the coming days, Bendir Dale. The Blessed One provides and protects."

Last edited by Couch_Ninja on Tue, Jan 26 2016, 16:45 PM, edited 8 times in total.

Elyon

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2016, 13:51 PM 

Player

Notice set beside the listPlease keep up the campaigning! This is your responsibility, you probably won't be able to address everything all at once during the Q&A debate.

Jes wrote:
~Pebbles Oldfur

*A note is set besides Pebbles name*
You're not joking are you? I haven't seen you make a public appearance for a long while now! However if you are serious, I will not deprive a citizen of Bendir with such a fine opportunity.

~ Rosary D. Ryker

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2016, 14:04 PM 

DM

A note is tacked up under Rosary's by a snickering hin. "Tha' pretender's callin' me out!"

Nah, I don't need to be Mayor to be amazing. I like being in the Inn! But I think I got some folks to look at it again, didn't I?!

Were I to actually campaign, my campaign promise would be that I will be in the Inn, still giving out drinks - provided you tip well! My last campaign ended well with you, after all! I think it's a pretty solid streak.

~Pebbles

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 24 2016, 13:18 PM 

Player

My vote is for Pebbles.

Kin supporting Kin!

~Wilfire.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Couch_Ninja

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 26 2016, 16:39 PM 

Player

Gideon was seen replacing his manifest. The new one, if read, seems to have a moddified entry about the milita, and a new addition at the bottom.

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 26 2016, 17:08 PM 

Player

*Missus is seen peering at Gideon's manifesto. She follows along the text with a chubby finger, and nods positively in several spots. With a renewed hitch in her giddyup she heads briskly towards her part time lair in the Amia Forest cave.*

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 28 2016, 21:29 PM 

Player

*The following is posted next to Gideon's manifest, penned in a light, curling script.*

To Bendir Dale and all its residents,

My name is Kira Cottonfoot. I believe most of you know me by now at least to some extent, and if you don't yet, I'd very much like to meet you! (If you've had the pleasure of meeting my brother, Kirby, I'd also ask you not allow your opinions of him, whatever they may be, to color your opinions of me negatively. It happens a lot.)

I have lived in Bendir Dale on and off for quite a time now, through many changes in leadership and many trials. My wanderlust has led me away from time to time, and in the past I've relied on this as an excuse to distance myself from the idea of leadership. As you might imagine, this was where my mind went when Rosary first proposed the idea that I should run for mayor.

I have lived nearly my entire life in transit. My family, as you may or may not know, is a caravan of traveling performers. Before I came to Bendir Dale, my feet were never planted in one place at a time for more than a tenday. Bendir Dale has been a new experience for me. It has given me so many things, friends, acquaintances, new experiences, etc., but most importantly of all, this place has given me something I've never known before: A home. A place I can return to after my travels, settle in, and be with people I love. In realizing this, I feel it's time I planted my feet and gave something back to this place that has already given me so much. Therefore, I hereby officially announce my candidacy for mayor of Bendir Dale.

Echoing Gideon before me, I fully believe that Bendir Dale is at its finest when everyone is involved in making decisions regarding the town. In the past, many different methods to involve the town have been explored, but I feel the most effective is simply keeping an open door and presenting any major decisions to the town as a whole to vote on. If elected, I will do my best to keep myself accessible at all times for suggestions and public matters, and I will continue the tradition of town meetings. In addition, while I recognize the value of discretion and secrecy, I personally prefer as much information as possible to be readily available to anyone who may be affected. Transparency is something I believe to be very important in leadership, and though some of Bendir's previous leaders preferred to hold private meetings among leaders of other factions, I will do my best to assure that any information regarding the citizens' safety and well-being be publicly shared.

In terms of diplomacy, Bendir Dale has always walked a neutral path, and I have no intention to change that in any permanent form. There are valid points to be made on either side of the topic, though I personally believe that an uninvolved party is a party that seldom wears a target. The beauty of Bendir Dale, however, is that our diplomatic stance official or otherwise has never stopped those of us who feel strongly from doing what they believe is right. I have never believed the township's neutrality or lack thereof has been in need of declaration, because we are not Cordor. We are not Kohlingen, or Winya, or Wilton. Our town provides us with shelter, defenses and a sense of safety, and it should be open to provide that to anyone. When it comes to aiding others in conflict, however, I will leave it up to our residents to choose their own paths, and leave our militia to defend our home. Which brings me to my next point...

Our militia is just that: A militia. It is made up of volunteers who are willing to put themselves at risk in order to defend our homes. As far as I can see, the Bendir Dale militia is doing just fine as-is. To once again echo Gideon I do feel that the two portions of the current militia are somewhat redundant, but as far as I’m concerned as long as the Dale has a ready defense, I’m more or less open to how Captain Snobbles chooses to run things. Ideas to explore in the future may include the idea of allowing the Militia to operate as an independent entity in terms of election/appointment of captains and leaders, but again, this is something I would feel more comfortable bringing before the Dale as a whole before decisions were made.

As previous mayors have before me, if elected I do plan to choose a suitable candidate for the position of Deputy Mayor within a week of the election. I recognize as well as any that one person simply can’t be around all the time, and a burden shared is lighter on everyone.

That’s all I have for now, but if anyone has any further questions for me I’m always open to discussion! Thank you all for your consideration!

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 29 2016, 21:36 PM 

Player

// Bendir Peeps - Please put in your available time slots on this Doodle for the Q&A Debate! It has time zone support so scroll right and make sure your time zone is set to your location http://doodle.com/poll/m9nrwqpfyadn9eam

Elyon

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 02 2016, 19:58 PM 

Player

The Q&A Debate will happen on the 7th Alturiak. We hope to see you there!

// Sunday 7th February. Starts promptly at 10PM GMT/ 5 PM EST!

*The list has been updated!*

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 04 2016, 19:07 PM 

Player

// My work schedule for the 7th has been changed so that I'm working until 6 PM central (12 GMT) so I probably won't be able to make that. >.>

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 04 2016, 23:39 PM 

Player

The date of the Q&A Debate has been changed to the 13th Alturiak. We hope to see you there!

// Saturday 13th February. Starts promptly at 10PM GMT/ 5 PM EST!

Elyon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 13 2016, 18:01 PM 

Player

// Starts in 4 hours!

Elyon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 13 2016, 22:11 PM 

Player

// Happening now!

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 14 2016, 21:11 PM 

Player

*A transcript of the debate is found inside the Townhall*

Debate Transcript

Rosary D. Ryker:
So how will this work? I'll start by asking the candidates questions, split into different topics. I'll leave questions from the audience towards the end, so you can build up on what you know and fill in any missing gaps without going through things over and over again... Life becomes easier and simple to follow through once the debate is written up on the noticeboard! Ba-boom! So let's begin.

Let's start of with something general, a warm up. Of course it takes a certain 'character' to lead, and as history shows, some Mayors have failed their duty. Give us a quick summary of your personal attributes of why you should be Mayor. Ladies first! Go go Kira!

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, I've lived in and around Bendir for quite some time now. I've seen many different changes in the dale's leadership... I've seen what's worked, and what really, really hasn't. I've even been involved in the politics of the dale before, to an extent, as Mayor Serena's deputy mayor.

The greatest teacher we have is history. And I've seen quite a bit of that here. Aside from that, though, I like to think I'm a fairly charismatic, friendly and outgoing person, with some great people skills. Hopefully some folks around here can attest to that.

Otherwise, I may need to re-evaluate myself. But! I have every confidence that my own moral compass, my historical guidance, and my familiarity with both the Dale, and the island will make me a great leader for Bendir.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Your turn Gideon! Same question. Give us a quick summary of your personal attributes of why you should be Mayor.

Gideon Ropeworth:
My formative life has been within the great Temple of Yondalla, back in the land of the Hins itself. As most of you know by now. Here I grew up with a great many lessons bestowed onto me by wisest Hins that live in Faerun's length.

I would like to think some of that has rubbed off on me, as well. I observe the traditions of our people as a whole, and cherish that which makes us great. I likewise enjoyed an education that speaks volumes of how kingdoms rise and fall at the behest of mad kings and unecessary wars. They all tend to have similar reasons. I hold myself to general principles of what makes for fine rulership, not exclusive to the Dale itself.

With the teachings of Yondalla and her Children, I strive to make my decisions with divine wisdom wherever I can. And this would naturally translate to a would-be term as mayor. Furthermore... I find that compassion is often the surest way to resolve another's anger. When someone speaks, I tend to find out what they mean to say. So I would fancy myself a good listener. And I've been told from relyable sources that I've got a winning smile.

Lastly. I would argue that I have a strength of character to face Bendir's enemies with the due righteous vengance that they deserve. Such as the trolls and their late attempt to overwhelming our township.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Oh wow! You two have really outdone yourselves, I asked for a summary... Regardless, excellent answers. Next to question! As Kira went first last time, Gideon will start of.

What do you believe is the first and most important aspect we should focus on in our community, that you'd like to address if you were elected as Mayor?

Gideon Ropeworth:
An interesting question. Hm. . . Ah, yes. . .

There is a certain spirit to the people of Bendir Dale. At least ,as far as I've found. Hospitable, warm, cheery, uncomplicated. Where the likes of Cordor and Kohlingen resolve their disputes in exagerated courts and the force of their discipline. We simply. . .Work out a problem amongst ourselves?

That sense of solidarity is a vital thing of what makes Bendir Dale, Bendir Dale. I find. However I do not think it needs to be 'adressed' other than simply kept intact. What I do think, is that we could do more to keep it intact. By avoiding the troubles of our neighbors from spilling over to us. To this end I would propose to reach out to our neighbors.

Diplomatically. Rather than remaining completely uninvolved in their woes. I would propose that we may offer to see their differences resolved without bloodshed, if we can. For every war on Amia also influences our life in the Dale.

Rosary D. Ryker:
A broad answer that covers a scope of aspects! The same question to Kira: What do you believe is the first and most important aspect we should focus on in our community, that you'd like to address if you were elected as Mayor?

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, I won't lie... I'm half tempted to stand here and talk at length about the unacceptable lack of hot baths anywhere in Bendir... But, on a serious and not entirely unrelated note.

Bendir Dale is resting in a great place right now. There are some concerns on our horizons that I'd like to deal with, of course, but when the time comes to deal with them. Frankly, I think Mayor Rose has done a wonderful job thus far in Bendir, and the majority of my changes of substance are for the militia. I'm sure that's going to be a topic we address soon enough in the debate, however. So I'll save that discussion for that question.

Rosary D. Ryker: It will!

Dicey Quickshanks: Hey what's wrong with me boys and gals? Err former

Kira Cottonfoot: Honestly, in relation to the hot baths... It's the little things that keep our folks happy that are the most important in times of peace.

Dicey Quickshanks: Fendel being cheap with the hot water again?

Kira Cottonfoot: Looking around at the new walls and the golems, I'd say our defenses have never looked better. It's true, we did have a rather concerning encounter with the trolls before, but I'm not sure anyone is honestly sure how to "address" that issue any further than keeping them culled.

So what I'd like to first address is whatever you all feel is most important to address. I'd like to hold an open court town meeting, probably out here with food and open air.

Dicey Quickshanks: I'd prefer our meetings be more private

Kira Cottonfoot: There is definitely value in private meetings. But we're not discussing anything with heavy consequences at this one. Of course if everyone would prefer a private one, that's fine too. I'd just like to get a read on what everyone feels could be improved around Bendir. Little quality of life things. Like hot water.

Dicey Quickshanks: Gentlehins Club?

Kira Cottonfoot: I won't guarantee that everything brought forward will be approved... But it would be nice to know what's on your minds! That's all I've got on that.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Remember to keep hold of your questions until the end everyone, and that is very important for a community that is Bendir Kira! I will now move onto the structure, Kira first this time.

I saw in both of your manifests that you will appoint a 'Deputy Mayor' for the sake of sharing the burden. However both of you haven't mentioned how will you differentiate the authority and responsibilities between: yourself, if you were to be elected mayor; the Deputy Mayor and the citizens of Bendir as a whole. Please address how this would work.

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, the role of deputy mayor is fairly simple. The mayor is still the mayor, first and foremost. But the mayor is only one person. One person can't be around all the time, or in every place at once. A deputy mayor can answer questions, take concerns or meetings, or handle other similar duties in the absence of the mayor proper.

Additionally, and this has happened before in the past, unfortunately... A deputy mayor can step in and assume all responsibilities of the mayor in the case that the mayor should become unable to do so..

Merogrin Shren: You mean like if the mayor gets pregnant or something?

Kira Cottonfoot:
Like when Mayor Laurel was killed during an attack on Bendir, and deputy mayor Missus stepped in to take over her responsibilities.. Of course, like anyone I would hope it doesn't come to that, but I do feel it's an important role. Well, I guess that's a plus for Git. He shouldn't be getting pregnant anytime soon. I'd hope not.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Thank you Kira, you're up next Gideon. How will you differentiate the authority and responsibilities between: yourself, if you were to be elected mayor; the Deputy Mayor and the citizens of Bendir as a whole. Please address how this would work.

Gideon Ropeworth:
Oh, Merry. Well. Kira sums it up rather nicely. To be quite honest. However I do have some things to add on top of exactly that.

So let me explain in detail, then. . .How I would go about it. A Deputy Mayor I think. Is someone the mayor appoints for their sound qualities. However much like the Mayor, is voted on. Albeit in a town meeting rather than an election. They indeed take charge in case of incidental absence of inability to act in regards to the Mayor. However I would think they do more than just that. They are as involved with the Town as the Mayor itself.

I have been playing around with the idea that Bendir Dale could benefit from a Magistrate. In the incidence that our laws do not adress a matter, the Mayor tends to make a decision that is then ddiscussed at a town meeting. However the Mayor is never infailible, we are but mortal men and women

Likewise, what if the Mayor themselves get caught up in some kind of dispute that is to be given a verdict? I would say. A Deputy Mayor would be a sound candidate to act as such a Magistrate as well. So I would simply think to lump that together. A Deputy mayor, simply gives a certain flexibility to a town's administration.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Thank you Gideon! That was very well expressed and thought out... Gideon starts again this time. Recently, I spoke to both of you about how the load will be shared. How will you sort out roles and responsibilities of Bendir? How do you plan to make sure that it's flexible and keeps our community moving rather than remaining stagnant?

Gideon Ropeworth:
Well! I would appoint a Deputy Mayor. Beyond that... There is a certain tradition that our current mayor excells at. The organisation of festivities, picknics. The abundance of goods we here at this very debate can indulge in. Do I look like the kind of guy that could promise to do the same things? I don't think so. I'm too stern. So I would delegate such a thing to another Hin among our mids. To act as a town Senneschal.

Other than that. The current administration of the Dale has many things I'd keep in place, it functions fine as is. However I do have a milita reform in mind that would bestow a certain autonomy to its captain that it does not currently wield.

Rosary D. Ryker: We'll come to the militia next soon.

Gideon Ropeworth: Then I believe I'll keep it at that.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Your turn Kira! How will you sort out roles and responsibilities of Bendir? How do you plan to make sure that it's flexible and keeps our community moving rather than remaining stagnant?

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, I'll start by saying that Gideon stole my answer and gave it a complicated title... Honestly we both agree that festivals and the like are very important to Bendir, and that there should definitely be an official party-organizer role involved, whatever we decide to call it.

As for remaining flexible, I think it's very important that Bendir moves forward as a whole, rather than solely through the decisions of a pair of leaders. We've tried councils before in the past, but ultimately that risks winding up with a small group of like-minded individuals caught in a confirmation fallacy loop.

It means that it's very dangerous when you get a bunch of people who all believe the same things, true or not, convincing each other they're all right and everyone else is wrong. As for keeping us moving forward, I'd like to encourage more involvement from the town members.

In my experience, people tend to be more motivated and happy when they feel like theircontributions matter, or that they're important to the place they live.

It goes along with the picnics and everything, but really, if somebody wants to start a project or improvement that they think would be great for Bendir, I think they should be able to put that up to a vote with the town, and then get some friends and just make it happen.

Within reason of course. We don't actually need any gentleman's clubs around here... Despite what Dicey would say...

Merogrin Shren: Not sure there are any gentlemen around here anyway

Kira Cottonfoot: Eventually I'm gonna learn to just stay here.

Rosary D. Ryker: Considering Bendir's history, you raise many important points. Next we'll move onto questions about the Militia. So let's start with Kira.

As you know we have two Militias, the adventurer one lead by Snobbles and the Militia that Nof handles. Both of our candidates believe some changes are necessary. Kira, please address what you would do. How would you differentiate between the authority of the Miliia and the authority that the citizens of Bendir Dale possess? What kind of boundaries will be held?

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, as I've mentioned before a few times in the last few weeks... What Bendir Dale actually has is a guard force being called a militia, and a standing group of adventurers with names on a list and no real direction.

In terms of reforming Bendir's militia, I'd like to stop referring to the standing militia members... the gate guards, the guards posted at the crags, Holl, Skit, all of them... as a militia. Because frankly, they aren't one. They're a guard. A militia is a group of willing individuals called together to take action against a threat.I know Bendir Dale, and I know that I would be hard pressed to find a single adventuring citizen who wouldn't gladly stand up and fight to defend our village.

I don't think you need your name on a list for that. Having a standing adventuring militia only creates confusion... There have been many times in the past where our citizens' right to defend their home has been called into question based on whether they were officially listed as militia members or not. That isn't functional, and it isn't great, as far as I can see.

In addition to renaming the standing militia to the Bendir Guard, I would like to reform the militia to only one or two listed members, and those members would be captains. Present, fit, worthy, and elected fighting members of the community who will serve as leaders. When it comes down to it, we're all a militia.

When our town is threatened, we respond. We can only benefit from leadership. We don't need a list. We need leaders who can take charge and call shots, and point us in the right direction.
That's all a militia needs. Someone to call it together and give it direction. Everything else is on us as defenders of our town.

True Greenspan: So a citizens militia with one or two full time officers?

Kira Cottonfoot: Exactly. And those officers would be elected by the citizens. Because everyone knows a leader has to be someone people are willing to follow. That's my militia rant.

Rosary D. Ryker:
Thank you Kira, a lovely rant indeed!

Of course, the same question. So Gideon! What changes would you make to Bendir's militia? How would you differentiate between the authority of the Militia and the authority that the citizens of Bendir Dale possess? What kind of boundaries will be held?

Gideon Ropeworth:
Nof's Militia, Guard, Army, Or what have you. Defends our gates and keeps an eye on the lands between our old wall and the new one. They are Bendir's defenders by profession. To maintain the little paradise our relatively reknown farmers farmers enjoy.

Having a secondary militia purely for ambient defence purposes thereby, is somewhat redundant. And, when I look at who is actually in the adventurer's militia headed by Snobbles. I scratch my head... For you see- This list contains individuals I've fought alongside in far northen reaches, deserts and caverns. They are potent warriors, capable of fighting in formation on the fly but otherwise act independently. These potent talents can be put to other uses other than defence to see Bendir prosper, so this is my proposal on how to reform it:

First off. Its members I would give the authority to delegate any citizens militia that defends Bendir alongside of General Nof's forces. As well as foreign forces that may jump to our aide. For example, in the recent Troll attack there were 'many' defenders present that do not live here in Bendir.

Sullivan here made for an excellent leader to delegate these forces. That is the type of Role I would envison these adventurers to have on matters of defence. . .Now, what do I mean with matters 'other' than defence? Reform the militia into a taskforce that may resolve matters 'beyond' our border. Things that may need a heavy hand or a show of force. For instance. I proposed expanded diplomatic relations.

So. On top of that. I would envision this taskforce to see to the security of our diplomatic delegates and ambassadors. And perhaps even recieve foreign dignitaries. They would be a force of Bendir's 'best' warriors. I would add. In case it isn't known yet. That this force is not meantto be used in ongoing conflicts on the Island. Bendir has always remained neutral by the will of its people. And so it shall remain..

I simply think we could stand to benefit from this proposal. And if I am elected mayor, I would put such a thing to a vote.

Rosary D. Ryker:
I have two more short questions for Gideon and Kira before we move onto question time from our residents.

Starting with Gideon. The laws of the Dale has always been a controversial issue, amongst us internally and with our visitors externally. Is there anything in particular you think could be better from how it currently is? Whether it's bans or laws.

Gideon Ropeworth:
I have not committed to the extensive bureaucratic labour of filtering through the list of individuals banned from the Dale. I cannot comment on that. As for laws. I believe we have a law against... Derogatory language?

Rosary D. Ryker: That is right! Law two, derogatory language made by residents and guests will not be tolerated.. along those lines.

Gideon Ropeworth: I would abandon such a law. There's hundreds of languages in this world, each with their own sensiblities of humour and hatred. Behaviour is more important than language, when it comes to that.

True Greenspan: So, words are just words?

Gideon Ropeworth: Behaviour is expressed in words. However too often does the nobleman behead the peasant for calling them a lout. It's an exageration to make a law that promotes something which common sense should be promoting. I think I'll leave it at that."

Rosary D. Ryker: Same question Kira! Is there anything in particular you think could be better from how it currently is? Whether it's bans or laws.

Kira Cottonfoot:
I once again have to agree with Gideon and/or also imply that he stole my answer. It seems silly to actually state in law that people can't call names or use derogatory language. That law, I believe, is a relic from Bendir's volatile past. I honestly don't think we need it anymore. People are just going to say things. They'd say them behind our backs if they didn't say them to our faces. It's a law that's very hard, if not impossible, to reasonably enforce, and it only leads to trouble.

Aside from that, I believe our laws are just fine the way they are for the most part. I've never been convinced that the removal of hoods and helmets should be required to enter and exit the town proper, but I do understand why the law is in place. I suppose that's all I have on that.

Rosary D. Ryker: Thank you! I suppose since some are already dying to ask questions, i'll save the last one I have until later. Question time from the residents now, please raise your hands!

True Greenspan: *raises his hand*

Rosary D. Ryker: True! Go on

True Greenspan: I think one of the candidates mentioned having Militia leaders elected, not appointed. Who was that?

Kira Cottonfoot: That was me.

True Greenspan: The defense of any realm being the primary duty of an executive administration, why do you propose to have the Militia Officers separately elected? Do you not trust in your own judgment and council to appoint the right military leaders to do the job? Shouldn't the Militia leaders be a trusted right hand of the Mayor?

Kira Cottonfoot:
They absolutely should be a trusted right hand, however the mayor isn't the person they'll be interacting with the most. If people are going to follow someone into the fray of battle, they need to be able to know and trust that person. I'm no warrior. I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag.

But I do know that warriors prefer to follow other warriors, and have a solid sense of one another's skills.So it makes sense to me that the position of captain should be voted on by the people who will be following that individual's command in combat.

True Greenspan: Well, I disagree with your second premise but I thank you for that response. Can I have a followup question?

Kira Cottonfoot: Absolutely.

True Greenspan: A proper active defense includes melee and ranged forces, stealth, spying, traps, alliances, reconnaissance, and thievery. A defense is coordinated and drilled. Don't you think such a diverse skill requirement is a bit much for only two individuals to meet at the level of expertise required for a truly vigilant defense? Isn't your plan dangerously undermanned?

Kira Cottonfoot: We have melee and ranged combatants living in Bendir, as well as experienced sneaks, trap-setters and, I'd imagine, thieves. Coordinated defenses and drills can be done by the guard, but the militia captains should know their militia's strengths and weaknesses. That comes from knowing their fellow townspeople, and echoes why an election wouuld be better than an appointment.

Kira Cottonfoot: We all live together, we all know each other. We adventure together.

True Greenspan: So, your leaders would coordinate and drill citizens in defense tactics?

Kira Cottonfoot: If they chose to do so, yes.

True Greenspan: I have only one remaining question for both candidates, if it pleases.

Rosary D. Ryker: Go ahead True!

True Greenspan: There are only two states of the military. Actively defending a current threat and preparing for the next threat. Describe how your plan accomplishes both.

Kira Cottonfoot: The guard is always on the defensive against any current threat. That's why they're called the guard, and why they're the ones drilling behind the town hall. But with the citizens militia, the beauty of it is that they're all adventurers. It's what they do, to go out and explore and fight monsters and hone their skills.

Militia captains will be kept in the know with as much information as can be given to them about any threats that we might face. As I said in my manfiest, transparency in government is important to me. But the way I see it, adventurers adventuring are always keeping their skills and swords sharp and ready to defend against a threat. And I'll be more than happy to keep them informed.

Gideon Ropeworth:
"Nof's militia is always ready to defend. We've got walls, balistae, archers, swordsmen. Ideally, the taskforce I envison will compensate on matters of spying and reconnaissance. I did specify to operate beyond the borders of Bendir. Where one first notices threats that would march onto our walls."

Furthermore. I've not yet begun the practice, but I intend to. Whether I get ellected or not. To routinely divine for signs and omens from the gods regarding more imperceptible threats. Whether that should influence your judgement however. . .Mrh. Omens are hardly ever clear cut. Sometimes they could just imply the crops are getting wattered by the sky. Rather than that the moon will cry blood. If you catch my drift. Ah. I digress. I take it my answer suffices?

True Greenspan: My thanks to both candidates for their patient answers.

Rosary D. Ryker: Right! Thanks for the questions True. I believe Sully had some.

Sullivan Ryker:
Is this ... some type of farce? You two are romantically involved, therefore both of you agree with eachother no matter the subject. If this is the case, both of you should just tie your roles together and share the mantle. I'm just failing to see the point of all of this if both candidates are screwing and theres no need for an election.

Both of you echoed eachother throughout this debate no matter what the subject, with no competetive edge at all. While I'm not saying agreeing on similar subjects is a bad thing, what's the point anymore if you two just agree with eachother no matter what?

Kira Cottonfoot: It really just boils down to the fact that two similar-minded candidates decided to run for the position.

Sullivan Ryker: If one holds the title, the other may as well also. 'Cause that's what I viewed from all of this.

Gideon Ropeworth: Hrm? Forgive my form. Was I supposed to interrupt her as she cited her poor milita ideas?

Kira Cottonfoot: There were actually several substantial points on which we disagreed.

Gideon Ropeworth: "You did stipulate we'd be answer these questions you've cited first." (To Rosary)

Kira Cottonfoot: Gideon and I have completely different views on how to best maintain Bendir's neutraity, or whether to maintain it at all, for that matter.

Sullivan Ryker: Yet from what I maintain one influences another to the point where it doesn't really matter anymore.

Kira Cottonfoot: I disagree, and I believe that we have enough substantial difference of opinion that we are not at all the same candidate. Furthermore, I think it's a bit unfair to imply that our similar views have anything to do with a personal relationship. We're just similar people.

Sullivan Ryker: It has everything to do with it, my dear. Especially when both of you are running for leadership of a -town.-

Kira Cottonfoot: My views would be identical if anyone else had run against me, or if I'd run unopposed.

Sullivan Ryker: One of you will hold the leash, and the other will follow - metaphorically. I'm just entirely failing to see the point of the election at this point.

Kira Cottonfoot: You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is, we chose to run. You didn't.

Gideon Ropeworth: Correction. She choose to run. And then I choose to run.

Kira Cottonfoot: That.

Sullivan Ryker: That has nothing to do with the subject. Shall I rephrase it? I believe this election has been compromised by two candidates being romantically involved, how would you prove to me this isn't the case?

Gideon Ropeworth: Before we had ever even met. Fancy that. You're not wrong, however Sullivan. We are quite alike as far as Hins go.

Kira Cottonfoot: Because we aren't romantically involved.

Sullivan Ryker: Your statement against mine, yours will win. Yet, then let's put it in a hypothetical situation if you two -happened- to be. The saying ... You don't shit where you eat, is a very good metaphor in this situation. How would you two prevent this?

Kira Cottonfoot: By not eating in an outhouse.

Sullivan Ryker: The illusive answer isn't really answering anything, in my opinion.

Kira Cottonfoot: Well, I'll answer your question with another question. How do you suppose it would affect this election at all if we were romantically involved, hypothetically? Because as I recall, for almost a solid month, my name was on that list alone.

Sullivan Ryker: You make decisions based on eachothers personal feelings on what the other person would desire - instead of making judgements based on the good for the entire town.

Kira Cottonfoot: So you're concerned about a conflict of interest?

Sullivan Ryker: It's entirely about compromising the town with personal feelings. You two can agree with eachother all you want on subjects, sure - but when it comes down to the point of agreeing with eachother for the mere reason he or she is your partner... That is when we have an issue.

Gideon Ropeworth: That doesn't strike me as the particullar kind of quality that a mayor should have.

Sullivan Ryker: Which is why I'm bringing it up.

Kira Cottonfoot: I suppose you'll have to trust in our convictions and dedication to the place we call home over those we would hold to someone we met less than two months ago.

Sullivan Ryker: I'll yield to your "trust", then. I have nothing further to say. If you have any inquiries or attacks against me, feel free to shoot them out.

Gideon Ropeworth: I believe it my sacred duty to Protect and Provide for my fellow hin. And with that I mean the entirety of our species. Sullivan.

Kira Cottonfoot: I have no reason to inqiure or attack you over anything.

Gideon Ropeworth: However. I would like to point something out in this debate. You believe in transperant government, hm? (To Kira)

Kira Cottonfoot: Yes.

Gideon Ropeworth: Then I will attest that your claim that we are not romantically involved, is in fact, false. Take that for what you will.

Sullivan Ryker: Hypothetical, if that's the case - my point still remainds valid.

Kira Cottonfoot: And I'll just state that the truth of that statement depends entirely upon personal definition.

Sullivan Ryker: A transparent government means openness, accountability and honesty. I'm merely doing that, speaking what I believe.

Gideon Ropeworth: It's indeed a very valid concern. Sullivan. I am glad you brought it up. However I would never allow my affections for any one person get in my way of my Sacred Duty to 'all' Hin.

Sullivan Ryker: It is at the heart of how citizens hold their public officials accountable. - Y'see, it's easy to say such things, but I'll yield to your trust once again.

Gideon Ropeworth: Hm. . .I can't really see how I should prove such a thing other than giving you my word.

Sullivan Ryker: What's the one thing that speak louder then words, Gideon?

Gideon Ropeworth: Actions, Sullivan.

Sullivan Ryker: I have nothing further to add, like I said. I believe Wilfire had a question - unless if you still had something else for me.

Rosary D. Ryker: Let's not forget that if they were doing a bad job, we have the spirit to elect or de-elect, to the point even making someone feel like they're doing a bad job they'll probably run away as history shows. It's up to our candidates to respect the wishes of the people despite feelings! Yes Willy! Go on.

Kira Cottonfoot: Exactly.

Wilfire Strongfeet: well.. what stuff you both will build? How many of that stuff? When? and will I build that stuff?!

Rosary D. Ryker: I did want to ask questions about new implementations. I guess this kinds of overlap.

Gideon Ropeworth: How about we give Sullivan a run for his money and both vouch for a bath house. Wasn't that one of 'your' ideas?

Kira Cottonfoot:
Well, I was only half-kidding about building that. An improved market hall might not go amiss, either. I suppose it boils down to what everyone feels the next big Bendir build should be!

Rosary D. Ryker: Well considering the cave is big bad monster-free last time we checked, and a dwarf has been working on it... But totally hasn't gotten back to us!- Anyway, that's for another time. We'll probably need some more active workings on it though.

Gideon Ropeworth: I didn't prepare a build plan for this ellection, Will. However some of the ideas cited thus far do sound good to my ears. I would bring it up in the next Town Meeting if I were you.

Rosary D. Ryker: Anymore questions?

Merogrin Shren: So who's deputy mayor if you're elected? It's not a long answer. Just a name.

Gideon Ropeworth: I had plans to compose a list of citizens that would consider the possition first.

Kira Cottonfoot: I haven't decided yet either, Merry.

Bill ~Broadbottom: Uhm.. I think this question is for Kira. Ya' mentioned disolvin' the adventurin' militia to just a two officers. Correct?

Kira Cottonfoot: I did.

Bill ~Broadbottom: So what if nither of them are around when somethin' happens?

Kira Cottonfoot: Well, the goal for having two elected captains is that at least one of them would be around all the time. It's most of the reason I'm wanting to replace Snobbles. But in the case that neither are around, the militia is still the militia, and they'll still do what needs to be done. Nobody is going to tell them they can't fight a troll invasion just because the captains aren't around.

Sadie Hollows: Except the militia would be disbanded in favour of the guard, and whoever else happens to be around and willing to help.

Kira Cottonfoot: The guards will always help, and it might be worthwhile to defer leadership to Nof in that case, as well.

Bill ~Broadbottom: Right right. I guess my concern is how folks handle situations concernin' actual people an' not critters.

Kira Cottonfoot: Most of the time, those will be matters for the guard to handle, and not the militia.

Rosary D. Ryker: As a community with a strong sense of bond, I'd say we'll always manage to figure ourselves out during a sudden encounter.

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 14 2016, 21:27 PM 

Player

*A notice is placed in the townhall for residents to see*

Vote Now!
Who will become the next Mayor of Bendir Dale?

Dear citizens of Bendir, please place your vote in the ballot box by Cindle's office. You have until the 25th Alturiak to do so. Read the debate transcripts and manifests carefully before you make your mind up, ask any questions to our candidates if needed. Only the Council of Elders will have access to the box. The candidates themselves may not vote.

Our candidates are:
- Kira Cottonfoot
- Gideon Ropeworth

Please use the form:
Quote:
Name:
Time of residency:
Candidate:
Signature:

~ Mayor Rosary Doodlekins Ryker

// PM your vote to DM SamTheGiantSlayer: http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=1003334
// Ends on the 25th February
// Only one character per player may vote!
// That character has to be a citizen of Bendir Dale.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 16 2016, 5:04 AM 

Player

A tally is made public whilst elections are moving along.

Kira - 5 votes
Gideon - 8 votes
Dicey (?) - 1 vote

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 16 2016, 23:51 PM 

Player

Several Bendir citizens step forward to offer their vote for Gideon. This adds about three votes to the ballot.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 19 2016, 21:40 PM 

Player

*Notices about voting have been distributed again*

// 5 days to go!

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 17:31 PM 

Player

The human man known as Crow, might be seen inside Bendir Dale replacing any lost or damaged crow feathers, that were previously placed on the propaganda that supports Kira Cottonfoot for Mayor. Were anyone to inquire of him, the ranger would be happy to give his support of Kira, and encourage them to vote for her as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]