View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Elyon

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 17 2017, 15:51 PM 

Player

*Notices are tacked in Bendir Dale. Outside the town hall, the inn, and the residential area*

A public noticeDear Beloved Residents,

As many of you already know, another twelve months have nearly gone by since the beginning of my term. This is an exciting time for change. A new Mayor will have the opportunity to take the stand and help achieve many a great deed for Bendir Dale. Before we do so, let us remind ourselves of the progress we have made which has benefited our community and remember the troubles we've faced.

Thrown right into it, we were able to survive and defeat the Formians from ruining our town. Whilst our life stock had suffered and our crops ruined, we still managed to pull through alongside the aid of other townships. Our farmlands since then have neutralized thanks to the efforts of the Grove and our farmers. One of our resident druids and locals has worked to expand our agriculture down the south hill, allowing us to plant our own cherries, grapes, and hops. Truly a boon for both trade and delicious meals!

We were finally able to take down the aberration since the threat had become apparent two years ago. Hopefully, we've all learned an important lesson in this, that prophecies are only what you make of it and the consequences of summoning such an evil being. As a community and with the aid of our allies, we have worked together and formulated methods in banishing the creature. This will remain in history so that it may never happen again, or will help the next generation should history repeat itself. Through that time of struggle, our ties with Beluir have grown stronger. We can trust in their aid for defenses and advice from their clergy.

A special praise goes to some of our town residents for their work. Willy's skill in stone masonry for a certain statue that we all know of, Frum's work on our agriculture, the talents of our residents for combating the threat and keeping everyone safe and the hard work of our militia captains from Griffo, Pebbles to Nof are commendable examples.

Of course, there are a few things that will need to be wrapped up. We've currently worked around a foundation regarding the collapsed cave and the shop turf houses for expanding our craftsmanship. This can be continued during the next term should the town will it. The issue regarding the gnomes will continue to be sorted from here. For now, please keep a look out for more notices regarding the election.

~ Mayor Rosary Doodlekins Ryker

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 30 2017, 14:25 PM 

Player

*Fliers are distributed around Bendir, tacked onto the notice-boards and homes.*

Do You Wish To Be The Next Mayor?It's that time again! Please register yourself on the official list, inside the town hall, if you'd like to run for Mayor. You'll be given the next two ten days to do so, extended if need be. During the time I'd recommend going the extra step of supporting your own campaign. Traditionally we have a mandatory Q&A debate, this will happen after the two ten-days. Lastly, the voting will begin. Only citizens of Bendir Dale may sign themselves up.

Note that if the election period ends unsuccessfully, be that no one steps up for the role or other conflicting issues arise, a temporary replacement of leadership governed by the Council of Elders will likely take place.

Good luck! If you have any queries please find me.

Candidates:
- Budly Do'rret Bundly
- Pebbles Oldfur
- Marigold Cobcruncher
- Nick Shadow (Withdrawn)
-

~ Rosary D. Ryker

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 30 2017, 22:15 PM 

Player

An recognized face enters t he hall, and signs the election...Good old former Mayor Budly Bundly

Budly Do'rret Bundly

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 02 2017, 15:24 PM 

DM

As it tends to with each Mayoral election, another name appears on the registration list.

Pebbles Odlfur

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 07 2017, 1:13 AM 

Player

A small, pink clad hin ambled out to pen her name.

Marigold Cobcruncher

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

chefwudan

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 09 2017, 0:25 AM 

Player

*A dark clad hin in a vest adds his name to the list*

Nick Shadow

Elyon

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 09 2017, 13:46 PM 

Player

Poster
The Q&A Debate

Traditionally the candidates are questioned about their proposals for Bendir Dale so that residents may decide who their favored candidate is. This year, the debate will be held at the town hall meeting room for residents. I will be moderating the debate and asking one or two main questions. Everyone involved is given the opportunity to ask questions to any of the candidates. I recommend that the candidates have written a manifesto beforehand. The time and date for this are yet to be decided.

~ Rosary

// Post when you can be available on the Doodle for the Q&A Debate: http://doodle.com/poll/e847s54wzc7sd5uw (Preferred starting times)

Elyon

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 16 2017, 16:16 PM 

Player

*A note is tacked in the townhall and inn*

NoteThe Q&A debate will happen on the evening, 25th Eleasis.

~ Rosary

// Friday 25th August seems like the best time for it. 10 PM GMT.

chefwudan

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 22 2017, 18:37 PM 

Player

// I won't be able to make the debate due to work. I just found out today and won't be home until after 8pm EST.

Sorry

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 25 2017, 21:58 PM 

Player

// Starting about now!

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 31 2017, 0:28 AM 

Player

*Notices are placed around Bendir Dale! Voting cards and a ballot box are left by the Mayor's desk*

Important Notice
VOTE NOW

Voting begins now and will end on the evening of the 10th Eleint, which is when I'll announce the new Mayor of Bendir Dale. The candidates are Pebbles Oldur, Marigold Cobcruncher and Budly D. Bundly. Nick Shadow has withdrawn. Stuck figuring out which candidate to vote for? See the Q&A debate transcript inside the townhall to help you decide, available only to residents of Bendir Dale. I will leave a ballot box in my office for you to vote. Please use a voting card for this.

Voting rules
- Must be 18 or over to vote.
- Must be a current resident of Bendir Dale to vote. (Has bound their wand to the ley node, signed active citizenship papers and is either Hin, Gnome, Fey, Dwarf or an honorary citizen)
- Candidates must vote. Non-mandatory! Candidates cannot vote for themselves.

Only Cindle, the Elders and I can look inside the ballot box. I will personally be checking the credibility of every vote, making sure they meet the voting rules. Your vote is confidential!

~ Mayor Rosary Doodlekins Ryker

Voting Card wrote:
Full Name:
Race:
Voted Candidate:

// Please PM me your vote! The poll will end on the 10th September 6 PM GMT. OOC Rule: Only 1 PC per player may vote.

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 07 2017, 15:11 PM 

Player

*Notices have been replaced by newer ones. Rosary reminds residents to vote soon as there are only three days left before the election ends*

Elyon

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 10 2017, 17:50 PM 

Player

*Notices are placed in Bendir Dale!*

Important NoticeMarigold Cobcruncher 6
Pebbles Oldur 4
Budly Bundly 1

Congratulations to Marigold, our Mayor of Bendir Dale!

~ Rosary

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 10 2017, 21:22 PM 

Player

*a gnome in golden armor with golden locks looks over the notice*

Cobcruncher? What kind of name is that!? Wait till I tell *clink*.

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 10 2017, 21:36 PM 

DM

A copper-kin tacks up a note.

Congratulations, Mari! I know you can do it!

Pebbles

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:14 AM 

Player

A note is nailed beside the other.

A new dawn comes and may the Mother smile upon you all. Marigold was a wise choice for the community to pick. It takes the young to bring us forward. My clan, the Bundlys, are not many on Amia, as a fact only three of us are present but I as the present Elder of the Clan pledge our fullest support to Marigold in the times to come. They will be tough considering what is on the horizon with trapper cultists and anything else this island throws at us in suprise. Know that Bundlys are stubborn and proud people, but we are proud and stubborn for our friends too! May we prosper and grow under Marigolds wise mind and may our challenges be easened and calmer under the coming year.

Budly Bundly

It was placed early the last morning by the Old Hin who later with a bow in hand went for the road leading to the Forest.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]