View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 
Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 17:13 PM 

Player

Check out the sticky. We will fill out more soonish. Feel free to contribute. If you want to, send cool suggestions to me and we shall see!

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 18:18 PM 

Player

Why not just post them here. Then the contributing groups can discuss the suggestions, ideas, etc? I mean we do it ingame in party chat anyway.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 18:34 PM 

Player

You can of course discuss whatever you want on the forums. Anything related to Khem goes here. Though, I doubt there will be need for huge discussions about this. Can't imagine that.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 19:21 PM 

Player

Could be for ordered events. Tormaks Nes'ek campaign for example. The Skuldan Anhuran Surveyors. Some Djedet and Nes'ek specifics. I'd also like to see some more expansion on the temple and tombs for instance. Theres dates alluded to on some of the stuff that predates Ahnk'remun for example thats interesting to the Mulan.

Why was the temple of the Eight abandoned by Vizier/Price Ahnk'remun during its construction for example? I took totally uneeded Lore points on my Pally specifically because of the tombs and temple. Investigated every inch of the Tombs, coalating that lore into a story of Southern Khem before the fall in the north.

I suppose its more "Questions" rather than any discussion.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 19:29 PM 

Player

Ah, if I remember correctly: the construction was abandoned because Ankh'remun died before it was finished. It's been ages since I wrote that, and I couldn't make heads or tails of my own cryptic journal, so I'm not entirely sure! >_<

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 19:33 PM 

Player

Ah. . .I'm going to submit a rewrite of history on that I think.

Mostly because according to a certain stone Tablet it was 905/906 when the temple was either started or Abandoned and Old Ahnk didn't die until 934 by that timeline.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 19:39 PM 

Player

I'm not sure. Multiple designers were working on Khem simultaneously, but I had the original timeline open infront of me when doing Hasrabet and the Temple. I thought it would match.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 19:39 PM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:
I suppose its more "Questions" rather than any discussion.

Ah. Yes, feel free to post stuff like that here.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 20:05 PM 

Player

IronAngel wrote:
I'm not sure. Multiple designers were working on Khem simultaneously, but I had the original timeline open infront of me when doing Hasrabet and the Temple. I thought it would match.

Well the offers still there, the Mulhorandi blokes have been going there regularly trying to "Recontruct the past".

Ideally I'll keep this sort of thing in PM's.

Last edited by MoshingChris on Thu, Aug 27 2009, 20:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 20:47 PM 

Player

Feel free to send me a PM about it! Preferrably, with references from in game, and a clear enough structure so I know what's your own addition, what's just tweaking dates to fit, and what is old canon. (Try not to muck up official Realms canon dates, just Amia ones, if at all possible.)

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 22:16 PM 

Player

I have edited in several tidbits, particularly about the sahuagin. Something will have to be done to explain or change their first appearance on Khem's shores, though. Also, added year names.

herkles

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 22:18 PM 

Player

Aleaxtis? I do not think I have ever heard of that town before. the others, I have but not that one.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 22:21 PM 

Player

herkles wrote:
Aleaxtis? I do not think I have ever heard of that town before. the others, I have but not that one.

It's the sahuagin kingdom, there are more to come on this. ;)

Last edited by Kjetta on Thu, Aug 27 2009, 22:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

herkles

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 22:23 PM 

Player

also how is Hasrabet described as a settlement, unless one was to add other nomads, there seems to be only one tent with one guy and his tiny harem of about 3 or so people.

and i can not wait to learn about aleaxtis :D

Yurell

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 23:31 PM 

Player

Looks interesting ... I don't know any ore of the region, so reading that was fun

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

herkles

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2009, 23:35 PM 

Player

Some questions to help figure out the lore of the place.

what is the dress like in each settelment?

What type of food is eaten in the various settlements?

What type of customs do the locals have?

IronAngel

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 28 2009, 16:08 PM 

Player

Question, if anyone knows: what's the history of that outdoors chapel to Sebek? Are they ruins, or built specifically and recently for Sebek's worship?

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 28 2009, 17:45 PM 

Player

We've RP'ed them as ruins, with the Sebekan statue/idol put there specifically to ward of crocodile attacks on the farming peasantry. Not really looked into it beyond that.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 15 2009, 15:48 PM 

Player

Lore is like good food. Its more more.

Less Boss Grinding more Lore Darth Kjetta!

Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 15 2009, 15:49 PM 

Player

Yes, yes. I am working on it! Bastards.

ticket

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 22 2009, 3:42 AM 

Player

Need lore & history on Ne'sek and the people there.

Why is the town under the control of the Lathander church and not by one of the Mulhorand ones?

Is it inhabited by Mulan?

What's the view of Ne'sek inhabitants towards the mulhorand deities and towards Assuran, Kelemvor, Lathander?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 22 2009, 4:55 AM 

Player

ticket wrote:
Need lore & history on Ne'sek and the people there.

Why is the town under the control of the Lathander church and not by one of the Mulhorand ones?

Is it inhabited by Mulan?

What's the view of Ne'sek inhabitants towards the mulhorand deities and towards Assuran, Kelemvor, Lathander?

I'll field this....

Ne'sek is where the settlers of Ankh'remun fled after Zan'thuns curse destroyed it, causing the namesake pharoah's death and the subsequent mummy to rise from the undead, the serious undead problems, etc. With the collapse of Ankh'remun, and at the time, the extreme isolation from the rest of the Khem region due to numerous undead problems, and the minotaurs, coupled with the portal coming in from Faerunian lands (Amia) the Mulhorandi pantheon went into recession in the area, and travellers became more and more exposed to Faerunian travellers who, unlike the servants of Horus Re who had failed to stop Zan'thun and indeed, a servant of Horus Re is the mummy who plagued the land...

The Nes'ek region began to convert en masse to the Faerunian pantheon, most notably LAthander, who set up a church there in order to protect the region from the undead, in the absence of Horus Re and Osirant clergy. The LAthander church kept the area relatively safe and became "a little slice of Faerun, deep in Mulhorand". When "The Nes'ek Plot" happened, Set's faith saw a massive upsurge in worshippers and power as his high priest came back to the fore. Horus Re did not see this upsurge as readily, and with no worshippers, after his messenger's brief return, was forced to (on a cosmological level that no player character will learn) cede control of the Ankh'remun/Nes'ek region to Lathander. Much to the Mulhorandi pantheon's dismay, but not really of much concern to Horus Re himself, beyond the standard "Well, this WAS sorta my place first, you know."

With Zan'thun's death and Ankh'remun's eternal rest being granted, the remnants of Mulhorandi power are wiped out from the region. Even most of the nomadic tribes have taken to worshipping desert spirits, rumors of genies, as opposed to the Mulhorandi pantheon.

Yes, there are mulan who live there, and by and far they worship Faerunian deities. Nowadays that influences extends to Hasrabet and the nearby regions as well, though not quite as far as Djedet. There are also a greta deal of Foreigners. Sineela herself is a foreigner from the Cordor branch of Lathander's faith.

Nes'ek's view of the Mulhorandi pantheon these days is one of a child who feels slighted and abandoned. Their pan theon failed to help them, twice, when they needed it most, and their sun god was defeated and cast aside, twice leaving Lathander's clergy in power, thanks largely to the choices of PCs during the plot, and certain other factors. It is not a hostile view, and Nes'ek will not "march to war". It is a view of disappointement and distrust. Hoar/Assuran, Kelemvor, and Lathander are embraced with open arms.

~~~

I hope this answers your questions well enough, and I trust all the players to use common sense to determine what their character would ad would not know about the Ankh'remun/Nes'ek region of Khem.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:43 AM 

Player

I'd also add that, probably, since the decline of Mulhorandi culture and the arrival of both Faerûnian and Untheric influences, the population is fairly heterogenic. While the original settlers were from Mulhorand, I wager there's been little reason for new ones to move into what is, politically, hostile territory (considering the Untheric occupation). There are plenty of Thayvian, Untheric, Chessentan, maybe even Aglarondan and Chondathan people on Khem.

Check out the timeline in the sticky. I don't want to give away too much OOC, but it should be obvious enough that Khem of today is not primarily a Mulhorandi region, despite the vast monuments the Mulhorandi rule left behind centuries ago. It is a hotspot where historical, political, religious interests of several cultures clash, and any stable status quo is yet to be achieved.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 22 2009, 9:48 AM 

Player

The time line is a good guide, yeah:

Quote:
1050, Year of the Keening Gale: Lathandrites arrive in Nes'ek. Mulhorandi deities are slowly forgotten over the next century.

Lathander's been in Nes'ek for more than 300 years.

Iteries

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 02 2009, 1:33 AM 

Player

I have a good for resources of the Old Lore on the Dieties. In fact, been doing alot of set up for Diety lore on TSM.

There are alot of tidbits on old customs of how treatment is among each other. The ending of the Pharoahs as the people become more equals.

The following of the old and the new as well. There are great movies and books that reflex all this as it seems the Khem people are at the stage of like the Turks.

Sutlans (kings) Pasha(dukes), Dey, Bey, Bashaw, Pasha(nomad leader), Emir, Malik (knight)

What I can figure out.. lol.

If interested have some of those informations on the dieties. The story "Tales of the Delta" is a bit of informational what like is like for an actual perception of the Khem ways of living.

DMs are more than happy to RP into and as well as other PCs.

Itty

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 02 2009, 11:36 AM 

Player

Need a name for the River that runs through Khalem, Hasrabet and Djedet (assuming they are the same waterway).

Maias227

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 02 2009, 11:45 AM 

Player

Or as known in the common tongue. The Khalem

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2012, 10:32 AM 

Player

What happened to the lore article on Khem, with timeline, geography, demographics and stuff? Couldn't find it here or R&L anymore, was it lost in the attack?

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2012, 12:05 PM 

Player

It was removed because it was revised and expanded in-depth by me. Going to repost it when I finish it.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2012, 12:56 PM 

Player

Aha. Hooray.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2012, 12:59 PM 

Player

Need anything specific?

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2012, 13:02 PM 

Player

I was looking for the timeline, but more for curiosity's sake and to refresh my memory. Just thought maybe it had disappeared accidentally.

Ziacat

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 21 2012, 7:06 AM 

Player

The old time line can be found in game.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:32 AM 

Player

Will you finish this despite stepping away from DMing? Please do! If not, can we get the old one back? Recent changes in the region could be described pretty succinctly at the end, if nobody has the time to integrate them into the existing text.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 12:28 PM 

Player

Bump. Come back Mosh!

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 07 2013, 21:07 PM 

Player

I'm waiting for the current roll of stuff that Glim has going and then I'll submit whats left to the team yo.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 07 2013, 21:08 PM 

Player

The old stuff is located in the DM trash boards btw, if you want it just ask a DM for it.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 08 2013, 18:51 PM 

Player

Nah, if you're still working on it and it's going to be somehow integrated into the new stuff I have no need. I found the stuff I wrote on my HD, just not the timeline. But that's the part that I imagine will get the most updates.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]