View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Pony

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 04 2009, 20:17 PM 

Player

::

Two hours after the sun has risen in Nes'ek, the Grand Master and Temple Mother of the Cathedral of the Martyr-Saint steps outside to the town square acompanied by a following of priests, nuns, inquisitors and knight-templar of Kelemvor.

Censers are swung, the scent of the sacred incense filling the township and banners of the Eternal Order are displayed proudly before the aged woman steps upon a small stage so all can see her. Instead of her usual vestment, she wears a simple grey robe, a symbol of kelemvor and a ruby ring on the right index finger of her hand.

Children of Nes'ek, brethren and sisters, today I come to speak to you on about a subject dear to my heart. I have travelled to a sacred site of our lord, and looked upon my past life. I was adopted in a rich and noble family whos name I bear from my mother, the deceased Head of the Defenders of Kohlingen. My life has been one devoted to cause, honor and justice.

I have fought in many a war and done many a deed, but while I have protected many souls from the darkness which sorrounds us, I have sat on a silk cushion and never had to starve expect when we were called into military campaigns. As lady Siamorphe teaches us, the nobility has an obligation to rule with the best interest of their subjects in mind, even when those obligations interfere with their personal desires.

To be of the clergy of lord Kelemvor and his faithfuls means sacrafices for his children. I have consulted my lord, and he has opened the eyes of my mind to see the glory of his divine will. Upon entering the Followers of Kelemvor as a knight, priest or servant, a vow of povety will be required and the material wealth, except for the most essential and of great significance, will be given to the Church.

My personal wealth of four million gold pieces will be awarded the township of Nes'ek and to those who have plans to see this city flourish. Proper housing for all of its citizens, support for the farms of our lands who bring the food upon our table, and education for our children.

The Knight-Templar will be given an additional duty to protect all faithfuls of Lathander, Hoar, Kelemvor and Oghma in these lands. Guiding pilgrims and caravans safely through the dangerous sands.

But not only are the faiths of Nes'ek responsible for the people, but also the community itself. We must all aspire to restore Nes'ek as the Gem of the Sands. We shall not allow the influence of the Mulhorandi in this township. We shall not allow povety or starvation in our streets. We shall not allow the corrupting influence of the false faiths like cyric, velsharoon or set to infiltrate our devoted lifes. We shall not allow those who wish to corrupt our system of trust for their own benefit.

My life in service to lord Kelemvor, and through him to the people of our community. We shall not only act as guardians, but as aid."

The woman bows her head in servitude towards the commoners and then draws the scales of justice with her outstretched index- and middlefinger before the gathered community in blessing, before returning to the Cathedral in silence. While her voices clearly reflects she is used to give orders, her face does not show much compassion, her words sound truthful and sincere.

Torzeng

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 04 2009, 23:01 PM 

Player

The news is heard by one man who has to pass through Ne'sek on occasion, and often quickly, in meerly moving to or from the portal that leads to Wiltun and the vessles to other islands. He quitely throws skepticism at it awaiting to see just what sense of reaction the hypocritical decree evokes. To combat poverty by forcing onself into poverty strikes him as hardly logical, expecially for whom it was declaired by.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]