View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Soul

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 07 2010, 21:58 PM 

Player

Turn yourself in or face death, Your raiding and killing caravans and traders will be no more, I will give amnesty to all who wish to rejoin society, if not Vengeance will be Horus-Re. All Honor to the Lord of the Sun. {Letters are place all over the desert}

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 07 2010, 22:13 PM 

Tester

*Rikkudai writes upon one these posters and sends it privately by way of courier to its original author*

Amnesty is forgiveness. Forgiveness is given by the weak and the unjust to those who they fear. Justice will be brought rightfully to these bandits in due time. Your neighbors the Ecclesia of Assuran do not wish to see forgiveness granted on a whim of fear.

Seeing as the inforgivable act of protecting Anhur, it does not seem honorable that you would condemn thieves yet protect those within your own ranks. You and your kind allow and even condone such behavior, so it comes as no shock you'd allow them into your midst without so much as a slap on the wrists (and this they deserve much more for their prior transgressions).

In the act of good faith we strongly suggest you do not forgive guilty men. Instead of letting them pillage the caravans and assault your people punish them accordingly. Swift Poetic Retribution.

-Rikkudai Balgar-Khanan
Proud Follower of the God of Retribution,
The Thrice Thunderous Lord, Hoar

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Soul

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2010, 3:43 AM 

Player

{The letter was read and Rashida composed a reply to the sender}

I do understand your position but I will not condemn all to the same faith of the ones who kill those men, If you find them; do what is to be done as the laws state, eye for eye, but as to the rest of them they that live out in the Heat and wind of the sand, that call no city home they need to come into the city, so that when I bring justice to the others, it will be truly with the ones who deserve such, And I will bring the quick powerful judgment on those who abide in such disgracing acts.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2010, 4:42 AM 

Tester

*another letter is resent*

Are they truly bandits if they live in the heat, sun and wind. Or if their actions dictate. Enough with the passionate outcry. You seek only to widen a larger tax base. If they wish to have lived within the city they would have.

Those who choose to dwell in the wilderness are not neccessarily bandits. Perhaps they have become disgusted of following a government infested with a religion that protects the very thieves they now must live among to protest the Establishments actions?

Yes, offer refuge to the innocent. Not to 'bandits'. Any thief, I beleive by your own laws deserves his hand cut off. The thiefs before then who were caught and not offered amnesty would have clear right to protest this. A murderer will in turn see have his life take, for it is written a life for a life.

Do not. Offer amnesty to guilty men. It only enables and lets other men see there is no punishment for actions. Anarchy will persist from soft lenient hearts. The only true way to preserve is through order, surely a man of the God who concerns himself primarily with governmental politics of his harem of lesser Gods, will understand the need for order.

*signed*
Rikkudai Balgar-Khanan
*a large hoof print is added to this as well*

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Soul

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2010, 17:26 PM 

Player

{Another reply}

As I stated before do what you wish, but I intend to make this area lawful, You only can speak bad on what I say, and accused me of, bringing more tax payers, which is false,but the real matter here is; how can one know the laws if they have never abide or seen them. It's change that's needed to this area, If you have better idea, do it, Me on the other will continue with my plans, I'm truly sorry if you have felt the horrible effects of their wrongful deeds, but none the less, these times need change, and that's what I intend on doing.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2010, 17:50 PM 

Tester

Change? Change?

My perpetuating Crime? A man knows in his heart right from wrong. Theft, they deleiver violence to take something. If you truly believe any sentient being does not truly know this is wrong inside their heart then you become an ignornant fool.

They know what is wrong, they know what is right. They are men, tainted by at least one of the great sins; greed, lust, pride, sloth, wrath, envy and perhaps gluttony. A man of any level of intelligence understands, and will feel in his gut the wrongdoings.

By all means, carry out JUSTICE But do not... Do Not, allow MERCY under any circumstances.

These men and woman whom are bandits are angry (wrath) at society for some reason, they are misplaced miscreants whom have been wronged perhaps by your policies of injustice. So seeing how they have been wronged by it, they seek to exploit it.

The only thing these men understand remotely is fear. It keeps them from murdering and pillaging the entire town hence they stick to the shadows and only take what is easier (sloth).

They have great arrogance (pride), striking just outside your gates, where your feeble patrols watch without jurisdiction because you fear these men. You fear them tremendously or you would waltz into the desert and strike them down ever man and woman who would raise a hand against you or possess a stolen good.

They steal thigns they do not need (greed). All we need in this world is shelter and substinence and human interaction at some level. We do not need gold, riches, and other fancy things.

They commit acts most foul by raping the women from these innocent traders and caravans (lust). And you would forgive these men for havign a sudden change of heart. Pray-tell my good sir, how this would feel having you been a raped woman and now having to live next to your offender just because he got amnesty. Injustice... And if this woman murdered the man. You would put her on trial? Injustice.

Your entire society is based around this it seems. Injustice must be a warm blanket you coddle yourself in at night. It seems to relax you and the people who prey on it only serve to increase your ire.. Yet being their enabler you are more guilty then any of the offenders thus outside your walls.

I highly suggest that you do not give men amnesty who have wronged others. A pardon only perpetuates a vicious cycle. So please tell me, what is your aversion to carry out justice. Is it fear of reprocussion. The numbers in the desert scare you. Form a retinue, throw the Anhurites to the front ot act as fodder which is all they deserve. Eradicate every man who would lift arm and sword toward you or has stolen from the innocents in the past. There is no statute of limitations on any crime. All must be paid for in due time.

To take words from your own letter
Soul wrote:
none the less, these times need change, and that's what I intend on doing.

Change can be utilized through the correct means, not by pussy footing around issues.

Retribution is Justly delivered. Forgiving criminals perpetuates innocence unduly.

*signed*
Rikkudai Balgar-Khanan *A large Boar's Print*
Warrior of Hoar
The God of True Vengance

*at the bottom a line has been written*
If you partake of a perpetrator in any way, you become guilty as an accomplice and will be seen with the same light as the man whom you protected from justice.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

hendrack

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2010, 18:45 PM 

Player

A papyrus note is pinned to one of the posters in Djedet

Honoured warrior of House Helcaliant, I ask you to seek me out in Djedet upon your convenience.
High Priest Ramas Ankhalab of the Whitecrown

Soul

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 09 2010, 19:32 PM 

Player

{Reply to Rikkudai Balgar-Khanan}

I've heard you once, And as I stated before, do what you must, again you must, Your insults to me, show you have no control and ideas, to fix any issues, I will do what I think is best. And as i stated before I'm going on with my plans.

I will not accept any other replies back from you they won't even get into my house.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]