View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 17 2010, 0:33 AM 

Tester

Alric,

Some time has passed since the brethren have cleansed you of the unclean. I ask now how goes your business. Does it fare well in the city proper? Have you taken a caravan on the road?

I have come into mine posession a cloak from my late mentor. I ask humbly if you would stitch upon it, the same pattern you had made unto the cloaks one made as a gift for the men and I.

In return of course, good merchant. You shall be paid.

-Rikkudai Balgar-Khanan

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 17 2010, 1:00 AM 

Player

"Dearest Rikkudai,

Your letter finds me in joyous company! I have taken over the operations, and made several changes I feel best. Previously, money was being set aside and frittered off on wine and women in excess, sometimes at the cost of service and apprentice help costs! I also discovered that a few of his sources for goods were actually selling him forgeries! As I could not in good conscience sell forgeries to my customers, I have bid them adieu and begun searching for more expensive, though far more honest, and of true quality, goods. My customers will understand the small increase in prices, I think, if they know what they pay for is good and true.

A weaver I am by trade no longer, but my fingers still pine for the thread, and often do I stil make small baubles to sell at my stand along with other wares. Send along your mantle; it would be an honor to embroider the mighty symbol of Hoar upon it. There is no charge for you, friend. I am weaver by trade no longer, as I said, and so I do this as a favor to the man who has turned my life around for the better. Djedet treats me well, and I am more accepted by the Mulhorandi than expected. They have the same healthy respect for honest hard work that I do, something my wife, and merchant-predecessor did not seem to have. Matters of religion do not often come up, but they are generally resolved peacefully. I admit their free practice of slavery is offputting, but their slaves seem to be treated well. While I will take none of my own, I respect them for at least treating their servants passably. It makes the idea slightly, if ever so slightly more palpable. I have never headed up a trade caravan yet, but I hope to soon. I will be going by boat to Mulhorand proper, and hope to return with many exotic goods to sell on the island of Khem.

Please, send the mantle along, and I will embroider it as time allows, during my stay in Mulhorand."

--Alric, of Alric's Accessories and Etcetera

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]